PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger, Ray Lewis are texting buddies

Big T
09-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Ben Roethlisberger, Ray Lewis are texting buddies

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger won't see Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis when Baltimore visits Pittsburgh on Sunday, as Roethlisberger will be serving the final game of his four-game suspension. But Roethlisberger and Lewis have had plenty of contact already this year.

Lewis says he's been keeping in regular contact with Roethlisberger.

"He texted me last night and things like that,'' Lewis said, per Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "It's a respect we have for each other, but more importantly it's a respect you got to have for yourself."

Lewis can relate to a fellow player trying to bounce back and have a big season after a troubled offseason. In 2000 Lewis went from being arrested and charged with murder, to pleading guilty to obstruction of justice, to winning the defensive player of the year award. Lewis said he hopes Roethlisberger can have a similar comeback.

"We texted each other whenever he was going through what he was going through, I was there for him," Lewis said. "It's more of a brotherhood. The game always takes care of itself on the field, but off the field if we don't look out for each other nobody else will."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/29/ben-roethlisberger-ray-lewis-are-texting-buddies/

LatrobePA
09-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Cool!

PsychoWard
09-29-2010, 04:20 PM
I hate Ray Lewis.

LatrobePA
09-29-2010, 04:28 PM
I hate Ray Lewis.

He's an easy prick to hate...lol

Steel Trap86
09-29-2010, 04:35 PM
lol you guys would be surprised how many steelers text the ravens and bengals and vise versa

jnes1216
09-29-2010, 04:38 PM
lol you guys would be surprised how many steelers text the ravens and bengals and vise versa

can you imagine Harrison's texts to Flacco? even his texts would be scary.

LatrobePA
09-29-2010, 04:50 PM
can you imagine Harrison's texts to Flacco? even his texts would be scary.

10 bucks says he don't even own a cell phone let alone text...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-29-2010, 05:31 PM
As much as hate the Ravens, and on game day they all hate each other too, but off the field though they will still work out together in the offseason, text, and stay in contact. There are some of them that actually get along believe it or not. Personally I'd be just as happy if they hated each other off the field too but :lol:

steelersbabex25
09-29-2010, 06:17 PM
I am the only one who can not imagine Ray Lewis sitting in his living room texting..

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2010, 07:01 PM
In the end guys while this is a heated rivalry and there is a lot of dislike on both sides between these 2 teams at the end of the day they always shake hands and have a mutual respect for one another. Maybe TJ Whosyourmomma is the only player or really acutally hates the Steelers players and takes this rivalry personally back when he was on Cincy and now on Baltimore. You never saw this prick shake hands with anybody after the game and you can tell that all the players on the Steelers defense hate Houshzmanzadeh's guts and then some...

jpele
09-29-2010, 07:25 PM
I am the only one who can not imagine Ray Lewis sitting in his living room texting..

He uses knives instead of his fingers. :greengrin:

steelersbabex25
09-29-2010, 07:26 PM
He uses knives instead of his fingers. :greengrin:

Now THAT I can imagine.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Ray Lewis is cool. But the other rats are just....HATRED

75Steeler
09-29-2010, 07:48 PM
If you think about it professional football is a small group of folks among millions of fans in the world. It's not like Ben is texting us asking for advise or venting to us. While we don't like Ray Lewis cause of who he plays for and some of the mouth running you have to respect the fact that he allows some of the other players in the league to call and text him to vent and ask for advise. Lewis has been in trouble and come out of it fairly clean. Maybe he has some words of wisdom for Ben.

Now that being said I hope he falls and breaks an ankle Sunday before the game! Go Steelers! :cope:

Big T
09-29-2010, 09:48 PM
I know that im one of few on here, but I like Ray Lewis. He's one of the best to ever play the game and he's passionate as f*ck. Yes, he may be a little over the top at times but even if you won't admit it, everyone on here would LOVE him if he were a Steeler. Same with Ochcinco. I dont care if he's a Bengal, he's one if my favorite players...

Steel Trap86
09-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Chad and Ward text each other too, but honestly I doubt Ward is buddies with any defensive players in the AFC north lol They may say some quick words after the game, but nothing more then that

SteelersWoman
09-30-2010, 02:50 AM
even if you won't admit it, everyone on here would LOVE him if he were a Steeler. Same with Ochcinco. ...

Sorry, I wouldn't. What I hate about Ray is that every time they lose, it's never because they were just beaten by the other team. It's always him accusing the refs of giving the opposing team the game. I reallllllllly can't stand that, and I'd hate it even worse if he was one of ours.

Now Chad is a different story, and I wouldn't mind if he was on our team--he's harmless, really. Not mean spirited at all.

SteelDad
09-30-2010, 09:29 AM
He can text Turkey Jones, Jack Tatum and the 70's Cowboys for all I care. Just win games Ben, just win games....

Layin the wood
09-30-2010, 09:30 AM

Maybe he's on the shitter:thinking:

lloydfan4life
09-30-2010, 09:39 AM
... and here I was thinking Ben was trying to better himself. :duh:

Rayray is a piece of ****, and I agree with SteelersWoman... sorry BigT, but regardless of what you think I am one fan who would not want to see him wearing the Black & Gold..... EVER!

LatrobePA
09-30-2010, 10:07 AM
If you guys remember right, Ben chose Ray Rays lawyer to rep him...They're boys!

Blazedby92
09-30-2010, 10:55 AM
I know that im one of few on here, but I like Ray Lewis. He's one of the best to ever play the game and he's passionate as f*ck. Yes, he may be a little over the top at times but even if you won't admit it, everyone on here would LOVE him if he were a Steeler. Same with Ochcinco. I dont care if he's a Bengal, he's one if my favorite players...

:yellowthumb: It's a Love, Hate relationship for me but he would be a perfect fit for us. He has ended a few career...ask Eddie George after that hit in 2000 he was never the same.

Rayray is a piece of ****, and I agree with SteelersWoman... sorry BigT, but regardless of what you think I am one fan who would not want to see him wearing the Black & Gold..... EVER!

Come on Lloyd you like Greg Lloyd and Peezy and they aren't far from the personalites of Ray Ray. I would say since he has come in to the league he is probably the poster child for "SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL".
I especially like how players Defense and Offense rally around him.
Thug or not he has more talent in his right toe than most LB's coming into the league.