PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to get cut?

xxxsteelernation
09-28-2010, 11:07 PM
ok i know we went with 4 QB's in 2008 but that is only because Batch was on the IR.
So Ben is a guarentee.
Batch i think just saved his job as number 2 for the rest of the season.
Dixon- little more Exp he will be good.
Lefty-well i'm sure that everyone know's my feelings on him. Washed up and a waste of roster space.
So i highly doubt we keep 4 QB's when ben comes back, so who gets cut?

K Train
09-28-2010, 11:08 PM
leftwhich would be a much better #2 than batch long term

scott0326
09-28-2010, 11:17 PM
I think Dixon goes on IR.

75Steeler
09-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Dixon goes on IR everyone else remains in place.

xxxsteelernation
09-28-2010, 11:24 PM
yea i forgot dixon was out 4 to 6 weeks

Real Deal Steel
09-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Dixon goes on IR everyone else remains in place.

Dixon is going to IR. So this thread can close now.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Unless Dixon's recovery goes south, word is that they won't put him on IR. However since the Steelers are not above reproach just like any other NFL team, if they feel keeping Lefty and Batch is the better option this year then they could IR Dixon and then just release one after the season is over, to accomplish their plan.

They'll reevaluate over the bye and see how he's doing and decide from there.

Stlrs4Life
09-28-2010, 11:46 PM

Would be my guess also.

cmerrifield
09-28-2010, 11:57 PM
I bet they hope to get trade offers for Lefty or Dixon. If no one wants them, I see Dixon on IR.

75Steeler
09-28-2010, 11:59 PM
:haha: Carolina could always use another QB!

Steel Trap86
09-29-2010, 01:01 AM
either leftwich gets cut or dixon goes on IR

SteelSkin
09-29-2010, 01:11 AM
:haha: Carolina could always use another QB!

Burn:stirpot:

greg1964
09-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Ben is sign for 6 more years after this one and is a two time Super Bowl champion; so I think he stays, and long as there isn't any more trouble during the off-season.

Batch is signed for 1 more year after this one so he stays as the No 2

Leftwich is also signed for 1 more year after this one, so he stays also, at this point he will be the long term backup to Ben.

Dixon get cut or placed on IR: if Dixon desires to play in the NFL, it will never happen in PGH, so why continue this development project.

92_is_gonna_kill_you
09-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Ben is sign for 6 more years after this one and is a two time Super Bowl champion; so I think he stays, and long as there isn't any more trouble during the off-season.

Batch is signed for 1 more year after this one so he stays as the No 2

Leftwich is also signed for 1 more year after this one, so he stays also, at this point he will be the long term backup to Ben.

Dixon get cut or placed on IR: if Dixon desires to play in the NFL, it will never happen in PGH, so why continue this development project.

Exactly. Dixon's on the last year of his deal. If he wants a legit chance to become a starter in the NFL, he won't get it in Pittsburgh.

I see Dixon leaving after the season, with Byron & Batch as the #2 & #3 QB's. Though, you never know when Batch will retire. He is 35 now. Should Batch retire, I could see Pittsburgh attempt to woo Dixon to be the #2 or #3 QB.

JensK
09-29-2010, 09:38 AM
I see Dixon staying as a second QB, as he is still a lethal weapon as a wildcat QB, which they did say they wanted to use more. Batch is old no matter what you say, we have plenty other positions to address in the draft, and Leftwich will probably want to try and start somewhere again.

DanRooney
09-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Screw IR. Dixon gets released.

In his 2.25 games, he has shown me he can't read defenses, can't throw to the sideline, has poor throwing mechanics, and apparently can't run for more yards than Charlie Batch. Really a useless quarterback if you still call him that.

LatrobePA
09-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Dixon will be gone...He showed very little IMO!

Batch, BL, draft another flunky next year!

lloydfan4life
09-29-2010, 01:07 PM
:iagree: Dixon certainly didn't take advantage of the opportunity given to him.

coldrolled
09-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Steelers May Place QB Dennis Dixon on IR
Once Ben Roethlisberger returns from his four-game suspension, the Pittsburgh Steelers may place quarterback Dennis Dixon on season-ending injured reserve, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

Dixon, who opened the season as the starting quarterback after Byron Leftwich went down with a sprained knee, had surgery to repair torn meniscus in his left knee last week and is expected to miss up to six weeks.

"They say from four to six weeks, but every time it's different," Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said. "We're hopeful he's going to get back to us quickly."

No official announcement is expected to be made until next week, but as I wrote last week, Dixon's injury timeline made him a candidate to land on injured reserve.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-29-2010, 04:47 PM

:yellowthumb: Yep

jnes1216
09-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Dixon to IR seems the only logical choice. I think Batch retires at the end of this year, and byron and dennis will be 2 and 3 next year.

75Steeler
09-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Dixon to IR seems the only logical choice. I think Batch retires at the end of this year, and byron and dennis will be 2 and 3 next year.

This is the most logical plan.