PDA

View Full Version : Key Match-Up

jnes1216
09-28-2010, 05:09 PM
I definitely think this week's biggest factor will be the Steelers offensive line vs. the ravens defensive line. If we can get the run game going, we win the game. Peyton Hillis just put 143 on them last week, I think Mendy is capable of the same. Maybe FO puts an extra o-lineman on active roster in case someone plays poorly.
If we cannot get the run game going, Starks and Adams scare me on the edge for pass protection. Batch may be in trouble, admirable as last week's performance was.

igor0190
09-28-2010, 05:56 PM
I definitely think this week's biggest factor will be the Steelers offensive line vs. the ravens defensive line. If we can get the run game going, we win the game. Peyton Hillis just put 143 on them last week, I think Mendy is capable of the same. Maybe FO puts an extra o-lineman on active roster in case someone plays poorly.
If we cannot get the run game going, Starks and Adams scare me on the edge for pass protection. Batch may be in trouble, admirable as last week's performance was.

:plus1:

I would have to agree with that. Definately the most important matchup.

Steel Trap86
09-28-2010, 07:05 PM
pouncey vs. ngata is going to be some battle, but flacco has shown bad vision to both sides and i have a feeling wood and harrisson are going to have a lot of fun terrorizing him sunday lol

MattyVfromCT
09-28-2010, 07:09 PM
pouncey vs. ngata is going to be some battle, but flacco has shown bad vision to both sides and i have a feeling wood and harrisson are going to have a lot of fun terrorizing him sunday lol

:plus1:the book on flacco is just get constant pressure on him. obviously that is the case with all qb's but elite qb's can still make plays when the pressure is on. flacco gets the deer in the headlights look when pressure is constantly in his face and he makes mistakes out of panic. if we get good pressure, which i think we will, we can force him into mistakes, especially with troy and b-mac back

K Train
09-28-2010, 07:26 PM
pouncey wont be on ngata much if at all, they play ngata at RE mostly so its more of a kemo/starks matchup. pouncey will be on gregg and cody most the game

cmerrifield
09-28-2010, 07:28 PM
pouncey wont be on ngata much if at all, they play ngata at RE mostly so its more of a kemo/starks matchup. pouncey will be on gregg and cody most the game

Good, Pouncey man-handled Cody during the college game they played each other. Most of the time by himself

DanRooney
09-28-2010, 07:41 PM
I expect a lot of pressure on Batch all day. I hope he's practices his hot reads all week.

Steel Trap86
09-28-2010, 07:49 PM

oh i thought they used that f*cking blimp at NT to clog up the middle lol, I have a feeling pouncey will be seeing a little dose of ngata, just hope he can hold him off.

Farrior Fan
10-01-2010, 11:50 PM
no doubt on Charlie working on his hot reads. Just look for Heath or Mendy out the backfield. We can play field position all day with them. As long as we get a couple of turnovers we will win.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-02-2010, 12:38 AM
I expect a lot of pressure on Batch all day. I hope he's practices his hot reads all week.

Agreed! Charlie better be able to run! Pouncey can handle Cody--I think Starks is the weak link

coldrolled
10-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Agreed! Charlie better be able to run! Pouncey can handle Cody--I think Starks is the weak link

Starks? Seriously, arians is the weak link... we just need a great game plan dialed up to keep the pressure off the OL... thats the weak link..... year after year hes the weak link....

look at kc and chicago's rise... if we had an imaginative OC.. with our team... we would win 34-17ish on a regular basis... our oc is a lump of ...

3rd and 2 on the 6.. no backfield baby..