PDA

View Full Version : Peter King on Ben in Today's TMQB

SteelDad
09-28-2010, 02:18 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/28/steelers/index.html?eref=sihp

Nice write up on what Ben has been doing during the 4 weeks. Don't forget to scroll down and read the email from the whiny Bucs fan. It's quite amusing.

steelchamp204
09-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Good, Im glad hes working on his mechanics, Ben is a very good qb. Maybe he will come back and look like manning and brady in the pocket lol. Well atleast he will be fresh and ready to go after he gets a full week of practice in when he returns. I just wish Ben would run more for first down like he did when he started out his career. Keeping the defense off balance with a qb spy.

harpo
09-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Good read. :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
09-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Good stuff, as long as he doesn't chop his f'n hand off...

Big T
09-28-2010, 03:09 PM
That bucs fan is retarded. "take away 3 plays for 21 Pts and it's a different ball game." Is he ****ing serious? If the other team didn't score touchdowns and we did, it would've been a different ballgame. Wow. That was literally one of the dumbest things I've ever read. How bout this. "take away LaGerrette Blount's TD in junk time and it wouldve been a bigger blowout" lol

MattyVfromCT
09-28-2010, 04:45 PM
That bucs fan is retarded. "take away 3 plays for 21 Pts and it's a different ball game." Is he ****ing serious? If the other team didn't score touchdowns and we did, it would've been a different ballgame. Wow. That was literally one of the dumbest things I've ever read. How bout this. "take away LaGerrette Blount's TD in junk time and it wouldve been a bigger blowout" lol

:plus1: what do you expect? the vast majority of steeler haters are complete morons that are blinded by their hatred of our great franchise. they always come up with lame excuses to feel better about the fact they cheer for an inferior franchise. always some lame excuse, refs, luck, their team gave us the win, we cheated, the game was fixed, locusts, bubonic plague, escaped zoo animals running across the field, aliens abducting their players and replacing them with clones that suck, HAARP, chemtrails, the illumnati, etc. it's pathetic....

Big T
09-28-2010, 06:12 PM
:plus1: what do you expect? the vast majority of steeler haters are complete morons that are blinded by their hatred of our great franchise. they always come up with lame excuses to feel better about the fact they cheer for an inferior franchise. always some lame excuse, refs, luck, their team gave us the win, we cheated, the game was fixed, locusts, bubonic plague, escaped zoo animals running across the field, aliens abducting their players and replacing them with clones that suck, HAARP, chemtrails, the illumnati, etc. it's pathetic....

lol that's some good ****. I lost it when I saw "the illuminati" :clap:

K Train
09-28-2010, 06:24 PM
:plus1: what do you expect? the vast majority of steeler haters are complete morons that are blinded by their hatred of our great franchise..

the vast majority of steeler fans are complete morons that are blinded by their love of our great franchise....im just sayin lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2010, 08:08 PM
I expect nothing less from Ben than to stay busy working on his skills and staying in football shape as much as possible. When he comes back he'll have 2 weeks to practice with the team and I expect him to come out like gangbusters and play well against Cleveland.

You have admire his attitude through all of this; he's taking the punishment like a man and not causing trouble. His team will be more than happy to have him back and I'm sure they all look forward to playing with him again. They have done well so far, keeping the mindset that they dont have Ben and they need to stay in the hunt, and everyone is contributing in a big way to keep things rolling.

75Steeler
09-28-2010, 08:34 PM
If you think about this from the perspective of Ben's health we may end up better off by having him out the first 4 games. He will have missed 1/4th of the regular season and a few sacks which could have made him sore or even worse. Now we get a fresh seasoned QB 1/4 of the way into the season and we are sitting nicely at 3-1 or 4-0 depending on Sunday against the Ratbirds. I'm thinking that we will be 4-0 going into the bye week and then we bring Ben back to play Cleveland which should leave us 5-0 going on the road against Miami, the Saints, and the Bungals. All three of those could be tough opponents. I think we will be heavy playoff contenders towards the end of this regular season with Ben in great form.

airbrake 1
09-28-2010, 08:40 PM

your list of excuses for why their team lost is outstanding:yellowthumb:

Big T
09-28-2010, 09:54 PM
the vast majority of steeler fans are complete morons that are blinded by their love of our great franchise....im just sayin lol

There are a lot of them.

SteelJunkie
09-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Well its good Ben is working on his mechanics, and he once again should have something to prove to the league. :)

JensK
09-29-2010, 01:55 AM
There are a lot of them.

On all teams.

92_is_gonna_kill_you
09-29-2010, 08:13 AM
If you think about this from the perspective of Ben's health we may end up better off by having him out the first 4 games. He will have missed 1/4th of the regular season and a few sacks which could have made him sore or even worse. Now we get a fresh seasoned QB 1/4 of the way into the season and we are sitting nicely at 3-1 or 4-0 depending on Sunday against the Ratbirds. I'm thinking that we will be 4-0 going into the bye week and then we bring Ben back to play Cleveland which should leave us 5-0 going on the road against Miami, the Saints, and the Bungals. All three of those could be tough opponents. I think we will be heavy playoff contenders towards the end of this regular season with Ben in great form.

:plus1: If there's any positive about the suspension, Ben's going to be a lot fresher. He's missed 4 games - 4 games he hasn't been sacked, tackled, knocked down; he'll be walking into game 5 of the season without any bumps or bruises - what other starter in the NFL can say that at that point? By Playoff time, he'll be right in the middle of his stride, while everyone else will be tired and worn out.

SteelCityKid5
09-29-2010, 10:17 AM
"After one practice, Whitfield said Roethlisberger took his cleats off and put on some work boots. Roethlisberger said he was going to chop wood at his father's ranch nearby."

Real interesting to hear hes doing things with his family. Now he could have done this before and it was never reported but its painting Ben in a new light.

K Train
09-29-2010, 11:10 AM
On all teams.

steelers wayyyyyy more so

TampaSteelGirl
09-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Good read..

Trust me they don't think they played bad at all...I mean they keep saying if this would have happend or that it would have been a different ball game...Freeman doesn't believe they got dominated????? They didn't make the plays to win...period! Problem is they were 2-0 against 2 horrible teams and their heads were do inflated thinking they could dominate a REAL NFL team..they got a biatch slap of reality. They are not in the same league as the Steelers.....:nahnah:

Oh and we owned them in their own stadium filled with Steelers fans in the blazing hot Florida sun..heat index was 100 that day!!! Peace!

coldrolled
09-29-2010, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=92_is_gonna_kill_you;365067Ben's going to be a lot fresher. He's missed 4 games - 4 games he hasn't been sacked, tackled, knocked down; he'll be walking into game 5 of the season without any bumps or bruises - what other starter in the NFL can say that at that point? [/QUOTE]

Surely not Brett Favre :lol:

He looks like he wants to quit now.:lol:

If we go 4-0 and Ben is going full blast... Look out ... Saints who? Who Dat?

wow 7-0!

:cope::cope::cope:

Charlie
09-29-2010, 01:19 PM
So nice to read an article that is positive and not negative about Ben. Seemed like every other article I ever read was bashing and negative.

Bawahahahaha @ the Bucs fans whining! :lol:

SteelersWoman
09-30-2010, 01:24 AM

That was very well said, absolutely true, and hilarious! :lol: Loved it! :clap: