PDA

View Full Version : Why we win....

SteelerEyeZ
09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
So I actually watched a lot of football yesterday and plan on watching some tonight (in-between studying) One thing I was thinking about is why we win. I think one reason has to be the defensive push we get. I watched the Eagles against the Jags and Jets against the Fins and I did not see even as close of a push. When you think about it on almost EVERY play no matter if we bring 8,7,6,5,4,or even 3. We get a push. We make the QB pocket and then close it. I cant stress how HUGE of a thing this is and that a lot has to do with our AMAZING LB CORE (who get s a lot of credit) but the D-Line, OMG. THey are dominate, Smith Kiesel Hampton, and even with bringing in Hood and others We ALWAYS get a push. I think over the last few years I have taken it as "it will always be there". But think about the other teams in the league that would DIE (or give up draft picks) to get that push. So after all is said I wanna say thank you to the D-Line who busts there *** EVERY game and doesn't get that much attention and credit. This Bud's for you.

Go Steelers:tt02::tt02:

NICE TD KIESEL!!!

steelersbabex25
09-27-2010, 06:43 PM
And just because they're pretty amazing..

HUNT4SEVEN
09-28-2010, 01:59 AM
We win because we are the BETTER team plain ans simple...f the Rats:tt02:

Root4Stlrs
09-28-2010, 08:36 AM
They have been the better team before and haven't won (last year with Oakland, KC, Cleveland come to mind). They have things going for them that they didn't have last year: players back who make a huge difference, that's pretty obvious; team chemistry that they seem to get with backs against the wall and everybody doubting; and a real confident focus and determination. Saw them Saturday and Sunday at hotel in Tampa and was impressed by the look they all had. Talk about having their games faces on.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2010, 02:41 PM
The teams we have beaten so far this year are a combined 6-3, with each losing only to us. We've had a pretty tough schedule so far so credit goes to of course the defense, return game, coverage units, offensive line, running game, and lately here as of last Sunday, Charlie Batch.

This has been a team effort spear headed by the defense; win at all costs no matter how you do it.

LatrobePA
09-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Still to soon for me...Sorry gang, I love the way they're playing BUT I'm playing it safe.

What happens when Ben comes back? Do we open the air attack up or stay grounded?

We're 3rd in the league right now in rushing, which I LIKE...

jnes1216
09-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Still to soon for me...Sorry gang, I love the way they're playing BUT I'm playing it safe.

What happens when Ben comes back? Do we open the air attack up or stay grounded?

I would definitely stay grounded. We know Big Ben can handle the pass game and that is great if we need to fall back on that, but the running game gives us a lot of posession time and the defense can rest. A successful run game gives a team a nice mental advantage as well.

scott0326
09-28-2010, 04:22 PM

I think we involve both.. When Ben is back we have both a great RB and QB and its going to be very hard for defenses to stop this team. Especially with how we've been running, our O-line looks great this year and we know what Ben can do.

Lunchbucket
09-28-2010, 04:49 PM

I agree it's too soon,but do we open the air attack up or stay grounded? what a sweet problem to have.If we can find a true balance ,with timely playcalling,our offense could be damn scary to any defense they face.

LatrobePA
09-28-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm OK w/ Ben throwing 20-25 times a game...

coldrolled
09-28-2010, 06:08 PM
green bay showed what no run all pass gets you....

LatrobePA
09-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Right a tired defense and a LOSS!

coldrolled
09-28-2010, 07:59 PM
if we run as well as the Browns did against the rats we win the game. 4-0 nice!!!!

coach
09-28-2010, 08:36 PM
I am glad we get the rats before the bye. A team playing at home before the bye can put in a weak effort. I am not concerned about that this week because everyone will come ready to paly on both teams. If this game is anything like the three they played two years ago, we are in for a real treat.

Sir Blitzelot
09-28-2010, 09:57 PM
If this game is anything like the three they played two years ago, we are in for a real treat.

I think we are in for a real treat regardless. It always seems that when these two teams meet up, it always turns into an instant classic.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-28-2010, 10:17 PM
It's gonna be a test this week for sure!! the thing about it is we still won't know the nature of this beast until BEN comes back... gotta admit it's looooking goood!!:cope::cope:

Real Deal Steel
09-28-2010, 11:43 PM
I agree it's too soon,but do we open the air attack up or stay grounded? what a sweet problem to have.If we can find a true balance ,with timely playcalling,our offense could be damn scary to any defense they face.

We stay a ground team which allows Ben to take less hits but opens up play-action to a wide open Mike Wallace for a bunch of long TD's.

That's what we do. That way, they can't load up against Mendenhall and they can't just flood the secondary with DB's. Putting the defense in a quandry. Because they won't know what to do.

--- Added 9/28/2010 at 09:43 PM ---

If we win this week, the whole world will be pumping us up as SB favorites. And I don't like that. I like being under the radar.

Stlrs4Life
09-28-2010, 11:45 PM
They have been the better team before and haven't won (last year with Oakland, KC, Cleveland come to mind). They have things going for them that they didn't have last year: players back who make a huge difference, that's pretty obvious; team chemistry that they seem to get with backs against the wall and everybody doubting; and a real confident focus and determination. Saw them Saturday and Sunday at hotel in Tampa and was impressed by the look they all had. Talk about having their games faces on.

I agree, we are healthier this time around.

Real Deal Steel
09-28-2010, 11:51 PM
If they let Mendy run like Hillis did, we will beat them similar to what we did the Bucs. It's that simple.

LatrobePA
09-29-2010, 09:53 AM
B-more will be out to stop the run this week, last week was a fluke w/ Hillis. However I think Mendy will have a nice day.

With so much focus on confusing Pouncey the right side will be left open, which I feel we'll attack...

SteelSkin
09-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Ravens are not the team everyone hyped them to be. Everyone calls them SB bound and they haven't looked like a team guaranteed a spot in the championship. If the defense can hold down their running game and control Boldin we win.

LatrobePA
09-29-2010, 10:33 AM
B-more, 23rd against the run and 1st against the pass....hmmmm, sounds like our kinda defense!!

cmerrifield
09-29-2010, 11:02 AM
B-more, 23rd against the run and 1st against the pass....hmmmm, sounds like our kinda defense!!

That means BA will want to pass all game long. :cursin:

LatrobePA
09-29-2010, 11:09 AM

lol, I'm trying to stay positive, BA has been mixing it up and for the first time I'm OK w/ it. The Wildcat last week was pretty cool to see, even though the first attempt failed.

TroyPolamalusHair
09-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Ravens are not the team everyone hyped them to be. Everyone calls them SB bound and they haven't looked like a team guaranteed a spot in the championship. If the defense can hold down their running game and control Boldin we win.

i agree 100% man. I cannot stand Flacco. Thank God he shaved that unibrow, but regardless i think he is going to struggle Sunday versus your defense.

coldrolled
09-29-2010, 12:11 PM
lol, I'm trying to stay positive, BA has been mixing it up and for the first time I'm OK w/ it. The Wildcat last week was pretty cool to see, even though the first attempt failed.

BA has to run more until ben is back..... so we have a chance.

BA will open the first drive 5 wide... :cope:

LatrobePA
09-29-2010, 12:22 PM
BA has to run more until ben is back..... so we have a chance.

BA will open the first drive 5 wide... :cope:

LOL, worked well when he did this with DD...Sack fumble!

coldrolled
09-29-2010, 02:00 PM
LOL, worked well when he did this with DD...Sack fumble!

sack, fumble, broken knee.

Root4Stlrs
09-29-2010, 10:13 PM

I have heard many of the TV commentators talking about the Ravens' great pass defense b/c they're number #1 statistically against the pass. Big whoop. Look who they've played: Jets when they didn't let Sanchez throw it more than 5 yards down field, a washed-up Carson Palmer who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and the sideshow in Cincinnati, and the BROWNS!! The Little Sisters of the Poor could be number 1 playing that crowd.

And speaking of Cincinnati, did anyone hear TO's press conference today? All of you who predicted that it wouldn't take long for all the sweetness and light to end were right about that. He said "I don't want to complain BUT:lol: I've been open and for SOME reason things have broken down." He went on to mention the QB and the OL and he didn't look very happy. Didn't mention Robin once.

DanRooney
09-29-2010, 10:40 PM
I have heard many of the TV commentators talking about the Ravens' great pass defense b/c they're number #1 statistically against the pass. Big whoop. Look who they've played: Jets when they didn't let Sanchez throw it more than 5 yards down field, a washed-up Carson Palmer who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and the sideshow in Cincinnati, and the BROWNS!! The Little Sisters of the Poor could be number 1 playing that crowd.

And speaking of Cincinnati, did anyone hear TO's press conference today? All of you who predicted that it wouldn't take long for all the sweetness and light to end were right about that. He said "I don't want to complain BUT:lol: I've been open and for SOME reason things have broken down." He went on to mention the QB and the OL and he didn't look very happy. Didn't mention Robin once.

And now they're playing Charlie Batch :lol:

Root4Stlrs
09-29-2010, 10:44 PM
And now they're playing Charlie Batch :lol:

Maybe the best QB of the bunch, but we'll see what happens on Sunday. :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2010, 12:33 AM
The absence of Ben has forced this team to pull together and get back to basics. There's nobody I'd rather have as our QB than Ben, but him being away has forced this team to focus on each other and make sure everyone stays accountable.

We've gotten back to the run game, something we haven't had consistently for years. Using Redman in the short yardage and letting Mendenhall carry the load behind a solid OL (so far) is really refreshing. It's what any good offense needs and a great way to take the pressure of an interim QB. It slows down the pass rush, makes team take that 8th man out of the box, and just wears them out all afternoon.

The Defense has something to prove; they aren't out there to do anything but redeem themselves for the bad performance last year. They don't care who is out there at QB or what the offense does, they are on a mission to destroy every opponent and make sure they remember Blitzburgh. These guys are on a mission in a big way and it's fun to watch.

Depth; it's another reason we are where we are. We've been forced to use pretty much everyone on the active roster these last 2 weeks and it's paid off. There have been some bumps along the way but overall the backups have performed well enough to keep our momentum going till the starters get back in. Plus the young guys have gotten a lot of much needed experience. Our depth has been less than stellar the last few years but this years group especially on defense has stepped up big time.

I like the attitude this team has, and when Ben comes back I expect that same attitude to continue. If it does we will be unstoppable; but if it doesn't we risk getting back to what we did last year. They need to stay hungry, stay focused, and no matter what keep doing what has gotten them this far.