PDA

View Full Version : Will a win Sunday stick a fork in the Ratbirds division title chances??

Troyisabeast_43
09-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Now I know it's only 4 games into this season and the season is broken down into quarters but what is everyone's opinion on this should the Steelers beat the Ravens this Sunday and move to 4-0 and put the Ravens at 2-2 and essentially 3 games behind the Steelers in the division with the first head to head tiebraker in hand? I think psychologically if the Ravens dont win this game it will be a huge huge blow to them seeing that they lost to the Steelers without Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers also have yet to lose a game without Ben in the lineup as well so far this season. If your the Ravens you just cannot afford to go down 2 full games in this division this early on in the season as good and dominating as the Steelers have looked so far.

The Ravens have already lost to the Bengals as well 2 weeks ago and in my opinion just like the Bengals do the Ravens have a lot more tougher games still on their schedule then the Steelers do. The Ravens still have to go to New England,and go to Atlanta and play the Saints late in the year,while the Bengals have to go to Indy,the Jets,Atlanta,and at the Steelers as well later in the year. The Steelers meanwhile still have 5 games to play against teams that have yet to win a game so far this season. They have 2 games still with the Browns, and one each with the Bills,Carolina,and Oakland. If the Steelers keep this kind of play up where they dominate on defense and especially with Ben coming back and the Browns due up next after the bye week and possibly 5-0 staring the Steelers right in the face that will be very very tough for the Ravens to overcome. I said this in another thread and I will say it again if the Ravens dont beat the Steelers this Sunday at Heinz Field their chances of still winning the AFC North really really will take a major major hit...

MattyVfromCT
09-27-2010, 04:53 PM
no, plain and simple. still a lot of football left to be played after week 4, regardless of the outcome

Troyisabeast_43
09-27-2010, 05:23 PM
no, plain and simple. still a lot of football left to be played after week 4, regardless of the outcome

Alright well that's your opinion but I am going to say yes and definitely yes especially if the Steelers dont have any serious injuries on defense to key players like Troy,Smith,Harrison etc... the rest of the way. With Ben coming back and still a lot of winnable games left on the schedule and the Ravens with Flacco being as inconsistent as he is it will make it very very tough for the Ravens to make up that kind of deficit this early into the season. They wont do it plain and simple...

MattyVfromCT
09-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Alright well that's your opinion but I am going to say yes and definitely yes especially if the Steelers dont have any serious injuries on defense to key players like Troy,Smith,Harrison etc... the rest of the way. With Ben coming back and still a lot of winnable games left on the schedule and the Ravens with Flacco being as inconsistent as he is it will make it very very tough for the Ravens to make up that kind of deficit this early into the season. They wont do it plain and simple...

i'm just saying week 4 is way too early to bury anybody. things change so rapidly from week to week. take last year for instance.......

steelersbabex25
09-27-2010, 05:41 PM
I think we've learned from last year that every second matters. Until we've clenched a playoff spot I won't feel safe.

twag
09-27-2010, 06:50 PM
lets not forget the tough three game road trip after the browns. all three are very capable teams.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-27-2010, 07:03 PM
If the Steelers will Sunday it will hurt the Ravens chances for sure but I wouldn't say they would be totally dead........Crazy things can always happen in the NFL........

Troyisabeast_43
09-27-2010, 07:13 PM
lets not forget the tough three game road trip after the browns. all three are very capable teams.

All three teams your speaking of the Dolphins,Saints and Bengals are all formiddable opponents no doubt,and while all 3 of these teams on the road will all be very tough games all 3 of these teams can be beat and are by no means world beaters. The Dolphins just lost to the Jets last night and Im still not afraid of their offense and dont see them doing much against the Steelers defense,the Saints while they are the defending champs and still have a great offense lost in OT yesterday to the same Falcons team the Steelers beat on opening day and only gave up 9 points too. Plus, Reggie Bush has a broken ankle and probably still will not be ready for the game on Halloween when they play the Steelers. And the Bengals still despite having both TO and Ocho Stinko are still struggling on offense and Carson Palmer just has not looked very good at all so far throwing the football. If the Steelers are completely healthy on both offense and defense for this key 3 game road stretch then I see them going no worse then 2-1 in those 3 games.

Root4Stlrs
09-27-2010, 07:18 PM
And the Bengals still despite having both TO and Ocho Stinko are still struggling on offense and Carson Palmer just has not looked very good at all so far throwing the football. If the Steelers are completely healthy on both offense and defense for this key 3 game road stretch then I see them going no worse then 2-1 in those 3 games.

Carson Palmer is a shadow of his former self. People are saying he just needs to get on same page as all his new receivers. Yeah, maybe, but he's certainly no "elite" quarterback anymore.

Troyisabeast_43
09-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Carson Palmer is a shadow of his former self. People are saying he just needs to get on same page as all his new receivers. Yeah, maybe, but he's certainly no "elite" quarterback anymore.

Palmer stinks in my opinion and always folds in the big games when everything is on the line. When the Bengals do beat the Steelers he is usually not the reason why it's usually the Bengals defense more times then not. Ill say this much while Palmer might not yet be on the same page and doing just enough to beat teams like Carolina yesterday and this week when they play the Browns he and the Bengals will not beat the Steelers with him playing half-*** the way he is now...He needs to pick up his game if the Bengals expect to beat the Steelers and win this division. Through 3 games so far TO and Ocho Cinco have 1 touchdown between the both of them which will not get it done for the Bengals once the competition gets tougher for them as the season moves along...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2010, 08:20 PM
The way the AFC North is, this year especially with any of the 3 major players able to beat each other on any given week, every win is huge. This division is almost never decided until mid December so every chance we get to notch a W in the North is 1 step closer to our goal.

I wouldn't say it kills their division hopes by any means, but it would certainly but them in a hole and they would be under the gun. I like having the advantage late in the year; it certainly beats hoping others lose so you can get in.

Troyisabeast_43
09-27-2010, 10:38 PM
The way the AFC North is, this year especially with any of the 3 major players able to beat each other on any given week, every win is huge. This division is almost never decided until mid December so every chance we get to notch a W in the North is 1 step closer to our goal.

I wouldn't say it kills their division hopes by any means, but it would certainly but them in a hole and they would be under the gun. I like having the advantage late in the year; it certainly beats hoping others lose so you can get in.

Im with you on everything you say BRC but if you lose 2 of your first 4 games on the road inside the division like the Ravens will do if they lose here Sunday to the Steelers and on top of having already lost in Cincy last Sunday, your odds of winning the division decrease dramactically. This is just too tough of a division in my opinion to put yourself in that much of a hole early on in the year and expect to climb your way out of it. The Steelers did it to themselves last year starting off 1-2 and losing to the Bengals early on in the year in late September and they were never able to overtake the Bengals after that. So with that being said, if Im a Ravens fan or player I am calling this a MUST win game and then some this Sunday. That's why I expect the Ravens to come out and give the Steelers a good game. They will be completely desperate and they know they cannot afford to fall this far back in the division this early in the season. It will just be too hard for them to overcome in my opinion to lose two key early season division games and still expect to win the division...

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-27-2010, 10:56 PM
how about a k bar. a powned ratbird and it's all over. lol

JensK
09-28-2010, 02:02 AM
It'll only be week 4, so no, not at all. Raves would be 1-2 in the division, which also means they could end up being 4-2. That may be enough to seal the deal. You just don't know this early. We could get a bunch of key injuries, Bengals could start showing what they are made of, and Browns have not played all that terrible, so one of the teams could easily drop one to them.

DanRooney
09-28-2010, 03:44 AM
We win and we're only 2 games ahead of the Ravens and 1 ahead of the Bengals assuming they beat the Browns. If we lose and the Bengals win, we're in 3rd in our division despite starting off 3-0. It's all about perspective.

SteelCityKid5
09-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Its only week four. A lot of football to be played.