PDA

View Full Version : Could the Steelers be Superbowl bound?

steelchamp204
09-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Not trying to get anyhting started but.. It seems that we are playing higher a level than the other two teams that won the superbowl this past decade, I mean our defense is nastier than the oother two it seems. If we can stay healthy I really dont see us losing the division, Yes bmore will be tough to beat. But we will only get better when Ben comes back and arians can open up the whole offensive playbook. Wallace is having a great season, Ward will always be helping out the offense even without huge stats and we have pretty much the most underated TE in the game. But if we stay HEALTHY, what do you guys think. But after three games it seems this defense has been its best ever we say this decade, and there pretty much over 30.

Don

75Steeler
09-27-2010, 04:02 PM
It is a little early to worry about SB just yet. We are off to a great start and should only get better when Ben gets back. Keep your fingers crossed and pray for the health of guys like Troy and we have a good shot at it.

DanRooney
09-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Way too early to be talking about this. If we remain injury free sure but you can't predict these types of things. One tweak to Polamalu's knee or one shoulder pop to A. Smith and everything goes crazy.

SteelerEyeZ
09-27-2010, 04:36 PM
I will not speak of it as of weak three, Re-open this form section at week 12

steelchamp204
09-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Yea I know its early, but this has to be a suprise to some on here, I know I didnt expect us to lead the afc in turnovers so far after week three and the defense playing off the charts, I thought the defense would be top 8 in the nfl but now tied for number 1 right now, speacially after the falcons,titans,bucs. I mean these teams just arent pushovers.

BlacknGoldAC
09-27-2010, 05:43 PM
No doubt the team looks great, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Remember last year began with a 6-2 record.

steelersbabex25
09-27-2010, 05:47 PM
No no no. Stop. Just stop. Delete this thread, rid yourself of all thoughts about the Steelers and the suberbowl, because this is how it starts. You start off well, everyone assumes that they're gonna make the playoffs, then everyone assumes they're gonna win the conference, then everyone assumes that they're gonna win the superbowl. Thinking like that will end in heartbreak everytime.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2010, 05:53 PM
No doubt the team looks great, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Remember last year began with a 6-2 record.

Exactly, right there says it all. Enough of this super bowl talk.

lloydfan4life
09-27-2010, 10:01 PM
I say we just worry about kicking the Ratbirds collective asses THIS week. :yesnod:

One week at a time!

StlersGuy
09-27-2010, 10:08 PM
I say we just worry about kicking the Ratbirds collective asses THIS week. :yesnod:

One week at a time!

My name is stlersguy and I approve this post :yellowthumb:

HUNT4SEVEN
09-27-2010, 10:23 PM

One week at a time!

:clap::clap: Well said, i will say this though if we stay healthy i like our chances:yellowthumb::tt02:

steelchamp204
11-09-2010, 12:15 PM
bump, now lets talk about this, should be interesting.

steelersbabex25
11-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Still no.

K Train
11-09-2010, 02:55 PM
the way i see the season going is a few bad games from now til january....few heartbreakers, but still a playoff spot and still a team no one wants to play in january even if they finish 10-6 and get a WC, the odds are in their favor making the playoffs. they cant just win the superbowl every other year, but they will be a serious contender espeically if they keep playing so good with all the injuries

Steel Trap86
11-09-2010, 04:29 PM
lol I started a thread like this in 08 after we beat the cowboys and got a bitching of a lifetime for even mentioning the superbowl or the playoffs. but at that time we had beaten the patriots and the cowboys in back to back weeks. If we can take out the Patriots next week and look better offensively while doing it, you can mark us down for a playoff spot, but at this point it's hard to tell who is a dominant team in the NFL and who would continue to be that way in the playoffs, because unlike last season, nobody is dominating this year.

steelchamp204
11-09-2010, 04:37 PM
If we beat the pats this week we will be GURANTEED a playoff spot, if we lose we will still have a chance, but we have to beat the rats and the pats to gain full lead o the north

K Train
11-09-2010, 04:53 PM
lol I started a thread like this in 08 after we beat the cowboys and got a bitching of a lifetime for even mentioning the superbowl or the playoffs. but at that time we had beaten the patriots and the cowboys in back to back weeks. If we can take out the Patriots next week and look better offensively while doing it, you can mark us down for a playoff spot, but at this point it's hard to tell who is a dominant team in the NFL and who would continue to be that way in the playoffs, because unlike last season, nobody is dominating this year.

i dont mind threads like this because hell i think about it all the time, everyone loves being the guy that says "one game at a time, lets focus on the (next team)" we dont need to focus on the next team, they do