PDA

View Full Version : Ben better play...

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Ben better play like a god when he comes back! His teammates have done a tremendously outstanding job keeping the season together while he has been gone...DON'T LET THE TEAM OR THE NATION DOWN! I am so incrediby proud of this team and how they have totally pulled together! GO STEELERS! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Ben will have 2 weeks to practice with the team before he takes the field vs Cleveland, after they bye. I have nothing but confidence in Ben and Im sure he'll come out ready to prove himself and lead this team.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Right now Ben doesn't even have to play like God with the way the defense is playing....lol But Ben is motivated and focus and I know he wants to hand all the haters a nice big **** burger to eat when he is off suspension.......I think Ben will play his best football in his career when he is back.....Plus he will be fresh since he hasn't had to take a pounding for 4 games.....

Iron City South
09-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Ben better play like a god when he comes back!

This is EXACTLY the expection that bothers me about him coming back. People are going to put the weight of the world on his shoulders with these unrealistic expections.

Ben will be "ok" his first few weeks back, he won't be exceptional. It's unrealistic to think any differently. BR deserves the right to improve each week just like everybody else has been doing since week #1. He's just doing it a little later than everybody else.

SteelDad
09-26-2010, 09:15 PM
This is EXACTLY the expection that bothers me about him coming back. People are going to put the weight of the world on his shoulders with these unrealistic expections.

Ben will be "ok" his first few weeks back, he won't be exceptional. It's unrealistic to think any differently. BR deserves the right to improve each week just like everybody else has been doing since week #1. He's just doing it a little later than everybody else.

Dead on. The only negative thing about this start whether we are 4-0 or 3-1 when he returns is that you can already feel the fan base starting to place its' ultimatums on BR. This "He better play like this" or "if he does that than bring in batch" kind of talk is very negative. The guy is going to make mistakes. Just like Chuck has and like Dixon has. Ben F'ed up big time, but jumping on him for every little thing he doesn't do right doesn't just affect him, it affects the whole team.

Stlrs4Life
09-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Ben will have 2 weeks to practice with the team before he takes the field vs Cleveland, after they bye. I have nothing but confidence in Ben and Im sure he'll come out ready to prove himself and lead this team.

I agree. Ben will be ready.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-26-2010, 09:16 PM
With the way the O-Line has been playing Ben will be better than expected, and Our defense will continue to play the way they have, we as a team with Ben will be better overall and pretty much unstoppable as long as we stay healthy:tt02:

SteelCityKid5
09-26-2010, 09:21 PM
It was huge that we had that bye week before Ben comes back

mos07
09-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Who cares how he plays weeks 6,7,etc...it will be fine; let him knock the rust off. Let him find his groove while the D dominates. He is the only QB on the roster that can bring home the Lombardi - an early WELCOME BACK BEN!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Ben's first game back will be against the Browns so that will be a nice game for him to get into sync with his WR's.....Then its off to Miami which could be a tough game........But his third game back will be down in New Orleans.......I really Ben has his grove back for that game.........The Steelers defense is playing great but the Saints do have an offense that could put some points on the Steelers defense.......

ejsteeler
09-26-2010, 09:31 PM

:yellowthumb:
The good thing is, this team will be behind him and good things will continue to happen. Can't wait to watch this season unfold.

igor0190
09-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Ben's first game back will be against the Browns so that will be a nice game for him to get into sync with his WR's.....Then its off to Miami which could be a tough game........But his third game back will be down in New Orleans.......I really Ben has his grove back for that game.........The Steelers defense is playing great but the Saints do have an offense that could put some points on the Steelers defense.......

Lets hope Reggie Bush is still out for this game with his broken leg...

WR HINES WARD
(On being 3-0)
“The league does not want us to be 4-0 with a mad Ben [Roethlisberger] coming back, I’ll tell you that.

Hmmm... Well this confirms that Ben is mad and motivated. I'm sure Hines has spoken to Ben.

Troyisabeast_43
09-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Anybody even know the exact amount of sacks the Steelers offensive line has given up so far through 3 games?? I know Batch didnt get touched yesterday and Im guessing it has to be no more then 5 through 3 games which is outstanding. If the line can continue to protect Ben the way they are protecting Dixon and Charlie then this offense is going to be that much better and scary good...

Scorp
09-27-2010, 11:50 AM
When Ben comes back after the bye we'll have fresh legs and a fresh cannon for a arm in Ben. I see us going straight to the playoffs facing either the jets, chargers, ratbirds or colts. We've beaten them before and we'll do it again. I got that feeling boys and girls like the one i had in 05 and 08. SteelerNation is going to be on crazy fire.

75Steeler
09-27-2010, 12:16 PM
I think we are going to see a new Ben when he comes back. All QB none of the B/S This Steelers team looks better than the team that won SB43. Airtime Charlie Batch will be our #2 QB for the remainder of the season!

KemoTherapy
09-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Idiot Ariens will probably go back to his "pass the ball 50 times/game" routine with Ben back on board when the TEAM would be better served with him throwing 18-20x/game.

MattyVfromCT
09-27-2010, 01:53 PM
did anybody catch football night in america last night? there was a small segment where peter king was talking about how ben has been working with a personal qb trainer, on his mechanics, studying defenses, film of his old games and busting his *** to improve his game. also said that ben wasn't upset at not being named a captain saying quote "i brought this upon myself and i need to earn that trust back". we'll see how everything turns out but i like his change in attitude

--- Added 9/27/2010 at 11:53 AM ---

Anybody even know the exact amount of sacks the Steelers offensive line has given up so far through 3 games?? I know Batch didnt get touched yesterday and Im guessing it has to be no more then 5 through 3 games which is outstanding. If the line can continue to protect Ben the way they are protecting Dixon and Charlie then this offense is going to be that much better and scary good...

7 sacks. dixon sacked 4 times and batch 3 times. 0 given up yesterday

igor0190
09-27-2010, 02:29 PM
did anybody catch football night in america last night? there was a small segment where peter king was talking about how ben has been working with a personal qb trainer, on his mechanics, studying defenses, film of his old games and busting his *** to improve his game. also said that ben wasn't upset at not being named a captain saying quote "i brought this upon myself and i need to earn that trust back". we'll see how everything turns out but i like his change in attitude

Peter King mentioned on his Monday Morning Qb that he is doing a report tomorrow on what Big Ben has been up to during his suspension. Looking forward to reading it.

airbrake 1
09-27-2010, 06:27 PM
ben could be absolutely scary good if the o-line continues to play at the level they are playing at right now...ben helped win us two super bowls with mediocre o-lines ,i can only hope that with this extra time he'll have in the pocket defenses will be being shredded all year especially if the run game continues to play the way it has.. i am still having a hard time believing it i never thought a 20 year old rookie could come into the nfl and play center at this level but pouncey is the real deal ...i am very excited by this team...this could definetly be a very special season

Black@Gold Forever32
09-27-2010, 08:01 PM
ben could be absolutely scary good if the o-line continues to play at the level they are playing at right now...ben helped win us two super bowls with mediocre o-lines ,i can only hope that with this extra time he'll have in the pocket defenses will be being shredded all year especially if the run game continues to play the way it has.. i am still having a hard time believing it i never thought a 20 year old rookie could come into the nfl and play center at this level but pouncey is the real deal ...i am very excited by this team...this could definetly be a very special season

I agree 100 percent.....I always wanted to see Big Ben with time and actually have a pocket to protect him........The OL is leaps and bounds from what they have been the past few years......Pouncey has been the truth so far......I stated he will be the best center to come out in the past 15-20 years.....So far he has looked that good.....

I can't wait to see Ben rape NFL defenses........:lol:

Scorp
09-28-2010, 01:15 AM
I can't wait to see Ben rape NFL defenses........:lol:

And bit-ch slap them all. :cope: