PDA

View Full Version : Doug Legursky

jpele
09-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Didn't give up a sack today, do you keep him at RG or do you give the job back to Essex when he's healthy ?

HUNT4SEVEN
09-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Doug showed today that he belongs in the starting line up for the rest of the year IMO, Essex sucks and Johnathan scott looked good at RT also

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2010, 05:53 PM
The offensive line played pretty well all year, don't count out Essex getting his job back. It takes more than 1 good game. Having said that, I liked how Legurskey played today, he held his own, got a lot of good experience, and the majority of the big runs came off his side.

Troyisabeast_43
09-26-2010, 05:56 PM
If it aint broke dont fix it as the old saying goes. I would play Doug L as well until further notice he held his own today and proved he belongs in the starting lineup...

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Maybe Legursky's play today motivates Essex to step up his play!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Legursky has always been a favorite of mine.....I always rooted for him to make the team and liked him coming out of college....Of course that was as a center.....But we have Pouncey now and Maurkice is a beast but if Legursky proves he can play RG consistently them more power to him....I always hated Essex....lol

K Train
09-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Legursky has always been a favorite of mine.....I always rooted for him to make the team and liked him coming out of college....Of course that was as a center.....But we have Pouncey now and Maurkice is a beast but if Legursky proves he can play RG consistently them more power to him....I always hated Essex....lol

i always think of you when i see legursky lol

essex is not a good interior lineman, hes a 330 pound finesse player

SteelCityKid5
09-26-2010, 08:23 PM
I like LeGursky. I think he did a great job today and think hes a solid player. I hope he starts but I think theyll go back to Essex.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Another point to make....Foster did play some snaps as well in the 2nd half at RG.......I don't think Legursky is looked at as a long term solution....I just hope either Foster or Legursky nail down the RG spot....I agree about Essex........

xxxsteelernation
09-26-2010, 11:18 PM
i liked how he played to day but lets see how he holds up against one of the best dlinemen in the NFL in nagata

SteelerSal
09-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Yesterdays front 5 need to be the starters for the rest of the year. IMO

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Foster played well last year when he came in for Kemo the last part of the season. I think Legursky has earned the chance to start at RG again this week. I like our chances with Pouncey at Center this year much more, against a good pass rush. The Ratbirds have Njata at NT so he will give Pouncey all he can handle, and Legursky too when he helps out.

I wouldn't mind seeing Doug at RG the rest of the way if he plays well again this week but it's not a done deal yet. Foster should get a shot too, and he played well last year.

igor0190
09-30-2010, 08:13 PM
From Pittsburgh Tribune Review:

"Steelers coordinator Bruce Arians suggested that RG Doug Legursky is playing too well to take out of the lineup when Trai Essex returns from his ankle injury.

"I wouldn't surprised if he's in (the starting lineup) for a long time," Arians said. Legursky's Week 3 game tape must have been impressive, as head coach Mike Tomlin expressed similar sentiments early in the week. It's great news for Rashard Mendenhall, as Essex was a weak link as a run blocker."

LatrobePA
09-30-2010, 08:48 PM
From Pittsburgh Tribune Review:

"Steelers coordinator Bruce Arians suggested that RG Doug Legursky is playing too well to take out of the lineup when Trai Essex returns from his ankle injury.

"I wouldn't surprised if he's in (the starting lineup) for a long time," Arians said. Legursky's Week 3 game tape must have been impressive, as head coach Mike Tomlin expressed similar sentiments early in the week. It's great news for Rashard Mendenhall, as Essex was a weak link as a run blocker."

Good to hear!:yellowthumb:

K Train
09-30-2010, 08:50 PM
not gonna hear me complain about the coaching staff actually playing a better player at a position for once

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2010, 09:22 PM
He'll get a big test this weekend, if he holds his own I could see him being the permanent fixture there.

igor0190
09-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Would Colon easily take back the RG position next year?

Assuming Flozell will stay at RT since he was signed to a 2 year deal.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Would Colon easily take back the RG position next year?

Assuming Flozell will stay at RT since he was signed to a 2 year deal.

That's a fair question. I haven't been overwhelmed with Flo but he is a serviceable RT...can Willie play LT? That is the position most in need on this line at the moment. I know Willie is good at RT but is he fast enough and dominant enough to handle Left?