PDA

View Full Version : Playing the first 6 games at 1 o clock I believe helps the Steelers...

Troyisabeast_43
09-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Now I know some people might think this is a bunch of crap but I really believe that when you play the same time in the NFL week after week like the Steelers have done so far the first 3 games and will continue to do the next 3 games it helps you stay the course and keep the same routine week in and week out. It's not like last year when they had to open on Thursday night and then play back to back 4 o clock games with the Bears and Bengals and then turn around and play another Sunday night game against the Chargers the following week. The Steelers arent sitting around waiting all day to play my point is at different times every week and I just think they are really set in their routine now playing all these early 1 o clock games so far this season. Call me crazy but I think this makes a big difference. The Steelers now do not have to travel and get on an airplane again until another month on October 24th when they go back to Florida and play the Dolphins and that is a very very good thing right now seeing that the Steelers are 3-0...

dunfbe
09-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Living in Europe I would agree with all Steelers games kicking off at 1pm :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Sure it does, no doubt. NFL players and coaches are creatures of habit. They like doing the same routine week in and week out. Being able get up early, get to the game, play it, and be home with their families in the evening is nice. Even an away game today, the players will be home with their families for a late dinner if they want. Playing in primetime is always nice, don't get me wrong, and we know the players love the big stage but there is something to be said for sticking to a normal schedule.

Troyisabeast_43
09-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Sure it does, no doubt. NFL players and coaches are creatures of habit. They like doing the same routine week in and week out. Being able get up early, get to the game, play it, and be home with their families in the evening is nice. Even an afternoon game today, the players will be home with their families for a late dinner if they want. Playing in primetime is always nice, don't get me wrong, and we know the players love the big stage but there is something to be said for sticking to a normal schedule.

Im with you BRC I think it has helped the Steelers so far in a big way through the first 3 games and hopefully it can keep up for the next 3 games which are at 1 as well. After that they will then play 3 straight games on primetime with the Saints,Bengals and Patriots which should also help them get their routine for that stretch as well when the time comes...

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 07:01 PM
I would like them to play at 1pm every week...routine is the best for everyone, football players included. When they switch to later start times it throws off game day rituals. Imagine going to work every day at 8am and then covering a second shift...my work day ritual would totally be off and my day would be shot. I need coffee at 6am SHARP or I do not function appropriately and make mistakes during the workday, I do not know why it would be any different for them

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2010, 09:00 PM
I like the 1pm games too, I can watch the game and get most of the updates to the site done before dinner usually :lol:

SteelDad
09-26-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm sure going to hate that stretch of 3 late-night weeks in a row later this season. I enjoy those games, but three in a row!!

SteelerEyeZ
09-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Just keep playing that style of D and we will have no problem....

When we win number 7 the MVP will be the ENTIRE D!

Real Deal Steel
09-27-2010, 02:04 AM
Im with you BRC I think it has helped the Steelers so far in a big way through the first 3 games and hopefully it can keep up for the next 3 games which are at 1 as well. After that they will then play 3 straight games on primetime with the Saints,Bengals and Patriots which should also help them get their routine for that stretch as well when the time comes...

I totally agree. Establishing a routine can only help the team stay focused and it really allows the young guys to see what things SHOULD be like even when times will change in the future.

SnakeEyes43
09-27-2010, 02:37 AM
I agree it's good to have a consistent schedule, but man we always play tough in primetime games. I'm happy either way!

92_is_gonna_kill_you
09-27-2010, 03:22 AM
I agree it's good to have a consistent schedule, but man we always play tough in primetime games. I'm happy either way!

Absolutely! When the lights are brightest, the chips are down & all eyes are on them, the Steelers always come out on top.

Dean Denton
09-27-2010, 04:13 AM
Well, I for one hate it. I hate 1 pm games because for me its 10 am....And after 6 weeks of 10 am games, this team will be so fired up that changing times wont matter. Bring on the night games.

airbrake 1
09-27-2010, 07:54 AM
I would like them to play at 1pm every week...routine is the best for everyone, football players included. When they switch to later start times it throws off game day rituals. Imagine going to work every day at 8am and then covering a second shift...my work day ritual would totally be off and my day would be shot. I need coffee at 6am SHARP or I do not function appropriately and make mistakes during the workday, I do not know why it would be any different for them

AMEN...i totally agree with you, the nfl schedule is one of my biggest pet peeves, over the last decade or so the nfl has given the tv networks carte blanche on when the nfl games are scheduled...there are many weeks that i'll see a west coast team playing on the east coast at 1 o'clock, that means that they are showing the game to the west coast people at 10 am, then they will have two east coast teams playing at 4:15 just because the networks deem this to be a better game... but the biggest problem with the scheduling i have is later in the year when the networks can arbitrarily move game day and times, how can you buy tickets and make plans to go to these games a lot of people travel get plane, book rooms well in advance only to be told the game has been moved... this is the biggest slap in the face the nfl has given the fans...most peoples schedules these days are carefully worked out and then the nfl can just throw a monkey wrench in is just wrong, but they don't care about the fans just as long as the TV executives are happy all is well... i fondly remember growing up probably 90% of steeler games were at 1 O'clock and occasionally a 4:15 when on the west coast or a monday night. about two years ago i remember looking at the schedule when it came out and we had like three 1 O'clock games all year, but this will probably only get worse one day i expect the nfl to be on 7 days a week the networks will pressure goodell to have tuesday and wednesday games in the future and goodell will probably cowtow to them like he always does and who gets screwed again us the fans