PDA

View Full Version : Chance to take a 2 game lead on the Ratbirds next Sun

Troyisabeast_43
09-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Both the Ravens and the Bengals both won today so they were both able to keep pace with the Steelers. Huge huge game next week here with the Ravens as the Steelers now have a chance to take virtually a 3 game lead over the Ravens and put the Ravens at 1-2 in the division losing to both the Ravens and the Bengals. I am just not sold on both the Bengals and the Ravens and I think both Flacco and Palmer are both not playing good at all and both of them had better pick up their games in a huge huge way if they are going to have a chance to beat the Steelers. The Ravens damn near got beat today by the Browns in Baltimore with Seneca Wallace as their QB and Patrick Hillis running for over 140 yards. I think it was very good to see Batch and this offense get in sync today and get some confidence going into that Baltimore game next week. They now know they can score points and this defense you know is going to be fired up to play the Ravens at home next week and put them 2 games behind the Steelers in this division...One thing we know for sure this Steelers defense and team is the real deal in 2010 and nobody is looking forward to playing them when they see them on the schedule...

HUNT4SEVEN
09-26-2010, 05:45 PM
We will beat the Rats, but even if we lose it will be a 3 way tie for 1st place in the division, If Charlie plays like he played today and we get Mendy up and running like we did today then we should not have a problem routing the Rats, our Defense will take care of business at home for sure, they have been money all year so far, I can't wait to blow out the rats next week:tt02::tt02:

steelersbabex25
09-26-2010, 05:52 PM
If the Steelers play the way they did today all around, I think they have a great chance to beat Baltimore easy. If the offense plays the way it did against the Titans..should make for an interesting game.

Scorp
09-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Steelers are the team to beat. They will take care of the ratbirds and whoever else gets in their way.

Troyisabeast_43
09-26-2010, 06:04 PM
It's always a close battle when the Steelers meet the Ravens and I see nothing different next week. Flacco will **** up like he always does and he will be the main reason along with the Steelers defense that the Ravens dont win next week...

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 06:06 PM
:pray::pray::pray: please, please, please! I must admit the rats always play the steelers hard...I just really really like what I see so far from the D and this week the offense totally improved (o-line and all)....could be very good for us! :tt02:

dunfbe
09-26-2010, 06:07 PM
It's always a close battle when the Steelers meet the Ravens and I see nothing different next week. Flacco will **** up like he always does and he will be the main reason along with the Steelers defense that the Ravens dont win next week...

I think so. Flacco is not the real deal...yet (and hopefully never):imho:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2010, 07:16 PM
This game is HUGE next week, even this early in the season getting up in the division is a big key. The Steelers need to not get down in the division like last year. The first key to any playoff aspirations is to win your division. The AFC North games this far have all been close, so we know this one won't be easy.

At this point most of us already consider this stretch without Ben a success, having gone 2-0 last week and now at 3-0. However, this is the most important game in this stretch so it's all hands on deck to shut down the Ratbirds at Heinz.

Moondog
09-26-2010, 07:36 PM
I was watching a bit of the Rat/Stains game and I wasn't overly impressed with the Rats. I really couldn't figure out if the Stains have improved or if the Rats are over rated. We'll find out next weekend, but I'm sure it will be a slugfest nonetheless. The Rats will be desperate to win knowing they can fall back in the division significantly with a loss. The pressure is on the Rats, the Steelers have already exceeded the expectations for many...let's see if they can do it one more time before Ben gets back.

PS: I like the Steeler's chances. :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Flacco came through today late in the game but it was against the Browns....I'm still not impressed....He still squats to pee when it counts.....I think the Steelers defense will have a field day with Flacco next week.......I smell 3 INT's and maybe even a sack fumble..........

harpo
09-26-2010, 08:54 PM
The Ravens always play the Steelers tough, so you can't go by what they did today or even last week. You know they're going to be up for this game, but so are the Steelers. This will be a physical game but the way our defense has been playing, I like our chances.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 08:59 PM
The Ravens always play the Steelers tough, so you can't go by what they did today or even last week. You know they're going to be up for this game, but so are the Steelers. This will be a physical game but the way our defense has been playing, I like our chances.

I agree--thank God its at home...the fans in the stands will be a big part of the difference in the score. I hope the defense plants Flacco's face in the ground on every play! LOL :lol:

coach
09-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I may be one of those guys who thought that going 3-1 in our first 4 games without Ben would be good.
The O surprised me today and I think I will actually be disappointed if we lose now. We can win next week. I think we are in for a very physical game and I can't wait. Seeing how things have worked out, I think the week 5 bye is perfectly timed for us, all things considered.

steelerjames
09-26-2010, 09:26 PM
With our defense there is no way we lose next week.

steelerschick1220
09-26-2010, 11:54 PM
I think we have a very very good shot to win next week. I'm glad we play them at home without Ben. I would love nothing more then to see Flacco walk off the field with that some dazed look on his face he had when Troy picked him off in the AFC title game. That was such a beautiful moment.

But no matter what happens, these four games have gone better then I could have ever possibly hoped. I was so hoping for 2-2 so 3-1 or 4-0 is huge to me.

DanRooney
09-27-2010, 12:21 AM
I hope the Browns exposed something against the Ravens front 7 with Hillis' monster game

Real Deal Steel
09-27-2010, 12:48 AM
We will beat the Rats, but even if we lose it will be a 3 way tie for 1st place in the division, If Charlie plays like he played today and we get Mendy up and running like we did today then we should not have a problem routing the Rats, our Defense will take care of business at home for sure, they have been money all year so far, I can't wait to blow out the rats next week:tt02::tt02:

LOOK.... the rat birds gave up 144 yards to Hillis today. So they can be ran on. If Batch can take some deep shots down the field like he did today (there is no Ed Reed in the secondary) that should keep those extra defenders off the line so Mendy can have some real running room.

I've been saying it all summer, the Ravens secondary is just waiting for a QB to really attack that secondary. Batch needs to move from side to side in the pocket and then square up and pass the ball. He'll be fine as long as he isn't a sitting duck all the time.

Troyisabeast_43
09-27-2010, 10:48 AM
This game is HUGE next week, even this early in the season getting up in the division is a big key. The Steelers need to not get down in the division like last year. The first key to any playoff aspirations is to win your division. The AFC North games this far have all been close, so we know this one won't be easy.

At this point most of us already consider this stretch without Ben a success, having gone 2-0 last week and now at 3-0. However, this is the most important game in this stretch so it's all hands on deck to shut down the Ratbirds at Heinz.

It's very important a loss here for the Ravens puts them 2 full games behind the Steelers and virtually 3 games back already losing the head to head tiebraker. The Ravens cannot expect to catch even the Bengals who they have already lost too much less the Steelers if they drop another game in the AFC North. In my opinion,and this might be a strong statement but so be it if the Ravens dont win this game Sunday at Heinz Field they have absolutely no chance what so ever to win the AFC North. If your the Ravens you absolutely cannot afford to go down essentially 3 games in the standings to the Steelers 4 games into the season as dominating as the Steelers defense has looked and with Ben coming back. A Steelers win Sunday can really really put a serious dent in the Ravens AFC North Title chances...

coldrolled
09-27-2010, 11:49 AM
I hope the Browns exposed something against the Ravens front 7 with Hillis' monster game

plus, the ravens knowing that the QB is a 3rd stringer.. the browns ran a bunch...

we should duplicate that next week.