PDA

View Full Version : Lebeau and his violent defense on the mark again

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Forget that garbage TD in the last 2 minutes, nearly all backups were in the game and they still almost stopped them. After that 1st quarter I was alittle worried because Freeman was moving the ball up and down the field but they held strong and kept them out of the endzone. Once they got their head out of their collective rear ends they started playing like they were supposed too, things started to pan out like we hoped they would. The only real problem they had after that was allowing that big 40+ yd run when everybody went to sleep.

There weren't any real big stars today like in the first 2 weeks, it was just a total team effort with everybody getting into the act. Eason got another sack, Hood tipped a pass and almost came down with it, even Sylvester got into the act. Troy was his usual disruptive self, Harrison and Wood were pressuring all day, and once the secondary settled down they played lights out for most of the game too.

All in all another solid performance from Lebeau and the boys, the only difference was they didn't have to win the game today, the offense finally helped them out.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Did you hear everyone cheer when Polamolu (who wasn't playing at the time) caught the ball on the sidelines without his helmet ? Goes to show PITTSBURGH IS AMERICA'S TEAM! :tt02:

steelersbabex25
09-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Lets not forget Keisels first career touchdown :clap:

--- Added 9/26/2010 at 03:21 PM ---

Did you hear everyone cheer when Polamolu (who wasn't playing at the time) caught the ball on the sidelines without his helmet ? Goes to show PITTSBURGH IS AMERICA'S TEAM! :tt02:

:yesnod: I was at a Steeler bar watching the game and when that happened everyone was cheering. Sports Center top 10 play right there.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Lets not forget Keisels first career touchdown :clap:

I was laughing so hard! That had to be the slowest touchdown in football history! Whatever gets it done! :tt02:

steelersbabex25
09-26-2010, 05:24 PM
I was laughing so hard! That had to be the slowest touchdown in football history! Whatever gets it done! :tt02:

Maybe just before Harrisons run in the sb.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Maybe just before Harrisons run in the sb.

Yep! That was slow fun too! I hope they keep up the slow tDs!

HUNT4SEVEN
09-26-2010, 05:30 PM
B-Mac and Gay had great games today as long as we stay healthy we will win the div and the superbowl:tt02:

LatrobePA
09-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Our D had me scared at times...

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 05:33 PM

Initally, they were making me sick too...I was worried but they came on strong and held and attacked! I was glad they had so many sacks and ints...gotta love that Steeler D even if they take a well deserved break once in a great while.

LatrobePA
09-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Initally, they were making me sick too...I was worried but they came on strong and held and attacked! I was glad they had so many sacks and ints...gotta love that Steeler D even if they take a well deserved break once in a great while.

Absolutely true...99's TD run got me so excited I made a fool of myself! lol

coldrolled
09-26-2010, 08:17 PM

Josh Freeman is a goliath... tampa will only get better with him...

A few years after we win another 2 super bowls....

harpo
09-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Josh Freeman is a goliath... tampa will only get better with him...

A few years after we win another 2 super bowls....

Yeah, I really like Freeman. He's definitely the best QB taken from last year's draft. He is so freakin' confident and has tremendous upside.

morningwoodley56
09-27-2010, 01:18 AM
lawrence timmons is a straight pimp

Real Deal Steel
09-27-2010, 01:51 AM
B-Mac and Gay had great games today as long as we stay healthy we will win the div and the superbowl:tt02:

That's what I"ve been saying all summer after the draft. This past off-season, we addressed all our short commings except depth at the safety position.

Our defense is as good, if not better then the one that took us to the super bowl two years ago. We just need to stay healthy.

SteelersWoman
09-27-2010, 05:44 PM

Initally, they were making me sick too....

I agree! The missed/poorly played tackles are very bothersome. No need for a lot of those that happened.