PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Smith showed up big

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Smith showed tonight that he's going to be something special. He had some wicked hits and was all over the field tonight. This guy is going to be a good player for us in the years to come !

I really wish we'd have gotten the shutout, but I won't hold it against him to much for TD by the clowns late in the game :lol:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06342/744631-66.stm

SteelersWoman
12-08-2006, 08:24 AM
I thought he did great too TG!

Perhaps having some newer players in tonight helped inject a little life--new guys always want to show off what they can do and how good they can do it ;)

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2006, 10:14 AM
The hits that the DB's were layin on the clown receivers were wicked. Special teams, the Mike Logan hit on Northcutt in the first half, Damn he nealry took he head off !! it was awesome!

AZ_Steeler
12-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Smith was awesome and all over the field last night! He was breaking up passes and laying a smack down on receivers! His late INT was just icing on the cake :tt02:

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Troy and Smith in the secondary for years to come. There are going to be highlight reel stuff in the future.

Koopa
12-08-2006, 01:43 PM
i'm glad i got to see this game, it was fun watching him play, he was making big hits, and i like the int he got.......damn next year is gonna be great, hopefully we can lock up troy and damn we'll be awesome.......the draft we can get a olinemen like blalock or someone of that nature or we can get a badass outside linebacker and we'll be set.......this year was just a humbling year for us.....next year we take back what is ours lol

Prosdo
12-08-2006, 01:55 PM
I absolutely love Anthony Smith. He seems like a very smart player and he is a hard hitter.

Hburg
12-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Troy and Smith in the secondary for years to come. There are going to be highlight reel stuff in the future.

In preseason after seeing him play I know by next season:

Troy Polomalu + Anthony Smith = Steel Curtain Secondary

Smith was awesome and all over the field last night! He was breaking up passes and laying a smack down on receivers! His late INT was just icing on the cake :tt02:

I was watching the highlights of the game on nfl.com and as soon as I saw that pick I was thinking "That's prolly Anthony Smith." And it was!

BuFu

Blitzburgh55
12-08-2006, 06:07 PM
I know i was watching an when they said he picked it i was amazed