PDA

View Full Version : Charlie "Air" Batch alive and well!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Charlie Air Batch showing everybody that he is alive and well. Face it, the dude hasn't been on the team for this long for nothing. With a good week of practice with the starters, and some game time experience he can make plays.

You just gotta love the offense he put out today, we were dead last in the league in offense and had not offensive TD's in regulation at all in the first 2 weeks. He was moving the ball, escaping sacks, making plays, and opening up the offense like he was 10 years younger. AFter that initial INT on the opening drive we all held our collective breaths thinking we were in for another sub par offensive game but low and behold he bounced back and everyone started making plays with him.

I think it's a safe assumption that he'll be starting next week vs the Ravens.

Lunchbucket
09-26-2010, 03:51 PM
hats off to a much needed QB performance,Way to go Charlie

Troyisabeast_43
09-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Where are all those posts now from people that said the Steelers were going to lose with Batch as the QB this week in Tampa?? How did that turn out for you not too well I guess...Batch played great today and made some excellent throws when he needed too...If anything it gives this offense a ton of confidence heading into the game with the Ravens next Sunday at Heinz Field...Great overall team win today by the Steelers....

harpo
09-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Once Ben comes back, one of the following will happen:

1.) Leftwich gets cut
2.) Dixon goes on IR for the rest of the year.'

Right now, Batch is #2.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-26-2010, 04:00 PM
i ain't pattin myself on the back for batch's performance. i owe him an apology. one hell of job well done.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 04:06 PM
i ain't pattin myself on the back for batch's performance. i owe him an apology. one hell of job well done.

Batch was wonderful...he knows this is likely his las chance to actually play..I hope next week he is just as reliable!

--- Added 9/26/2010 at 03:06 PM ---

Still only up one game...next week will be the challenge:tt02:

V_83
09-26-2010, 04:11 PM

Same here man. I didn't think we would lose this game, but I was convinced we were going to kick field goals all day long. Props to Batch. And the O-line. Maybe even Arians? It hurts to admit it, but I think even he had a good day today.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Same here man. I didn't think we would lose this game, but I was convinced we were going to kick field goals all day long. Props to Batch. And the O-line. Maybe even Arians? It hurts to admit it, but I think even he had a good day today.

I don't know if Arians called a good game or if Charlie used his great veterans experience to get it done...whatever it was it worked! :tt02:

steelersbabex25
09-26-2010, 04:13 PM
I think we all owe Batch an apology. After that first int I was ready for Lefty, but he held his own and he had a game. (Even though those 2 bombs to Wallace probably should have been ints)

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 04:17 PM
I think we all owe Batch an apology. After that first int I was ready for Lefty, but he held his own and he had a game. (Even though those 2 bombs to Wallace probably should have been ints)

Right now...Batch is my hero!

jpele
09-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Thank you Charlie, I was called an a$$ when I said he would be my starting QB,yes he may be brittle but no one can say he's a bad QB.

Hats off to the O'line great game guys.

In another thread I said the run game would click and zero sacks against Batck

--- Added 9/26/2010 at 03:21 PM ---

I don't know if Arians called a good game or if Charlie used his great veterans experience to get it done...whatever it was it worked! :tt02:

No Arians still sucks, who in their right mind would call an empty backfield pass after you just ran the ball down their throat and you are inside the ten yard line.

Charlies last int should have been a run play also. There were a few other plays too.

K Train
09-26-2010, 04:35 PM
his 2 bombs to wallace were really actually terrible passes lol

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 04:36 PM

terrible or beautiful, he and Wallace got it done! YEAH!!! God is smiling on the STeelers! :tt02:

K Train
09-26-2010, 04:39 PM
me and my friend were cracking up at how bad those throws with but wallace just coming down with them

HUNT4SEVEN
09-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Batch is serviceable, he really didn't get much time in TC or PS and to come in and handle the game the way he did especially after throwing a INT u have to tip your hat to him today he did a great job...

--- Added 9/26/2010 at 03:44 PM ---

Where are all those posts now from people that said the Steelers were going to lose with Batch as the QB this week in Tampa?? How did that turn out for you not too well I guess...Batch played great today and made some excellent throws when he needed too...If anything it gives this offense a ton of confidence heading into the game with the Ravens next Sunday at Heinz Field...Great overall team win today by the Steelers....

I agree and these so called experts here also said that Pouncey needed a year before he could start :lol: I'm saying it now Batch will beat the Rats next week...:tt02:

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Batch is serviceable, he really didn't get much time in TC or PS and to come in and handle the game the way he did especially after throwing a INT u have to tip your hat to him today he did a great job...

--- Added 9/26/2010 at 03:44 PM ---

I agree and these so called experts here also said that Pouncey needed a year before he could start :lol: I'm saying it now Batch will beat the Rats next week...:tt02:

Normally, I wouldn't risk going here, but the rats barely beat the clowns today...GO CHARLIE!

K Train
09-26-2010, 04:50 PM
i mean he had 186 yards and 80 something of them were on poorly thrown bombs that could have easily be picked off...he played good but it was the bucs. not sure we need to give him the name charlie "air" batch after that performance, he didnt light up the sky the way his highlight reel would suggest.

not looking forward to playing the ravens...4-0 would be so huge

Zachintosh66
09-26-2010, 04:52 PM
were making Bruce look like a genius, lol. Id rather have it 3-0 tho than a fired BA. Once we lose tho its gonna be BA fault, LMAO. :lol: you think im kidding... :towel:

LatrobePA
09-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Raven week SUCKS! I think Batch managed the game well and Wallace bailed him out. But I can't crown him yet...Sorry!

K Train
09-26-2010, 04:54 PM
as you shouldnt....i could have told you before hand who was gonna crown batch before i even signed on. im just glad they won and batch didnt end up on IR yet

Silverback
09-26-2010, 04:55 PM
No disrespect to Batch but I just keep wondering how good this team can be with a franchise QB behind centre.

LatrobePA
09-26-2010, 05:12 PM
No disrespect to Batch but I just keep wondering how good this team can be with a franchise QB behind centre.

Scary good....

jpele
09-26-2010, 05:20 PM

That's like saying Mendenhalls two long runs were because of bad tackling.

dunfbe
09-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Great composure/maturity from Batch to throw a pick on his first throw and follow it up with a 3 TD performance like that. No worries next week, he is comfortable! :tt02:

ejsteeler
09-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Where's all those Charlie haters?????
Granted, the arm isn't all there and we got lucky but we are 3-0 so who cares!!!!!!!!!
Take a breather and bring on those ratbirds who had a tough time with the clowns today. It will be a good, hard fought game but we can most definitely go into the bye undefeated. Keep our heads and practice smart.

K Train
09-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Granted, the arm isn't all there and we got lucky but we are 3-0 so who cares!!!!!!!!!
Take a breather and bring on those ratbirds who had a tough time with the clowns today. It will be a good, hard fought game but we can most definitely go into the bye undefeated. Keep our heads and practice smart.

right here...charlie hater

ravens could give him serious problems, im glad he bounced back from that awful pick though

Black@Gold Forever32
09-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Well I'm very happy that the Steelers are 3-0 just like I was happy at being 2-0 last week....But Ktrain makes a valid point that really Wallace bailed Batch out both times on those bombs.....Wallace did the same for Ben last year as well on some throws......Its nice to have a WR that can do that for their QB.....

Wallace made a very nice adjustment on the first bomb which I thought was going to be picked.....The second bomb should have been picked but hey the ball bounces your way sometimes and that is life in the NFL......

3-0 without Ben and the defense playing at the best level I have ever seen them play at.......ok maybe that is stretch but its pretty damn close.......

As for next week the freaking Browns and Peyton Hillis pounded the ball all day against the Ravens......With the way the Steelers OL is run blocking right now and Mendenhall running hard then I see no reason why the Steelers can't do the same next week.....

As for Batch I would limit his throws and just ask him to play it safe.....Then its the bye and Big Ben will be back......

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 08:47 PM

Nothing like a few TD throws to make all the haters go away

Prosdo
09-26-2010, 09:13 PM

I have to agree with you K. I was out for the game and a couple of the people around me were saying how Charlie was looking great. 1st touchdown if the DB actually turns around it's an INT. The second TD to Wallace should have been an INT if the DB didn't bobble it. I just don't see his performance as an incredible outing.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 09:26 PM
I have to agree with you K. I was out for the game and a couple of the people around me were saying how Charlie was looking great. 1st touchdown if the DB actually turns around it's an INT. The second TD to Wallace should have been an INT if the DB didn't bobble it. I just don't see his performance as an incredible outing.

OK--how about incredibly lucky? The man is a class act and has great Karma--just what we need right now!

Zachintosh66
09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
im just glad they won and batch didnt end up on IR yet

thats another that is forum hall of fame material!

jpele
09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
1st touchdown if the DB actually turns around it's an INT. The second TD to Wallace should have been an INT if the DB didn't bobble it.

If the ball wasn't on the money ,it wouldn't have been caught,the fact that the DB doesn't turn around doesn't make the throw bad.

Steel Trap86
09-26-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm just glad we won and we're 3-0. I was a batch hater coming into this game and I'm still nervous about him starting against baltimore. He went out and did his job and looked good, but I don't know if I'm ready to call him "air batch" just yet lol

big game next week!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-27-2010, 12:06 AM
If the ball wasn't on the money ,it wouldn't have been caught,the fact that the DB doesn't turn around doesn't make the throw bad.

I'll give you the first Wallace TD....But still Wallace made a great adjustment on that throw........

But the second Wallace TD was a bad throw and noway you can deny that......Should have been picked but the ball bounced right off Talib's hands.....Hey sometimes the ball bounces you way and nothing wrong with that........I'm just glad there is only one game left without Ben so the musical chairs at QB can end.......:lol:

Old man Charlie did enough to win the game with help from the defense and running game.......The Steelers have played great team football these first three games.....Really all three phases have been contributing..........

Real Deal Steel
09-27-2010, 12:44 AM

Exactly!!! Where are those Batch bashers?????? Batch let it fly today and his little bit of mobility is just what we needed and what we will need against the Black birds next week.

But Batch can't throw the interceptions next week that he threw today. No mistakes next week because this promises to be a tight game.

--- Added 9/26/2010 at 11:44 PM ---

Please. The " if the DB turns around it's a pick" excuse is one you can use on dozens of TD's every week in the NFL.

Just give Batch his props for today's game. And his performance was incredible considering EVERYONE thought he was going to keep it very conservative.

DanRooney
09-27-2010, 01:42 AM
i mean he had 186 yards and 80 something of them were on poorly thrown bombs that could have easily be picked off...he played good but it was the bucs. not sure we need to give him the name charlie "air" batch after that performance, he didnt light up the sky the way his highlight reel would suggest.

not looking forward to playing the ravens...4-0 would be so huge

And Pat White should have had 4 interceptions with no risk throws the entire game. I agree that Batch's throws to the endzone were pretty weak, but he took a shot and made a play when the offense needed a spark. I'd rather see this than have a stocked box the entire game because opposing Ds don't respect the deep ball at all with Pat White throwing bubble screens and check downs until we punt.

--- Added 9/27/2010 at 12:42 AM ---

Exactly!!! Where are those Batch bashers?????? Batch let it fly today and his little bit of mobility is just what we needed and what we will need against the Black birds next week.

But Batch can't throw the interceptions next week that he threw today. No mistakes next week because this promises to be a tight game.

--- Added 9/26/2010 at 11:44 PM ---

Please. The " if the DB turns around it's a pick" excuse is one you can use on dozens of TD's every week in the NFL.

Just give Batch his props for today's game. And his performance was incredible considering EVERYONE thought he was going to keep it very conservative.

Where are all the Dixon coddlers? :yellowthumb:

(I was never a Batch basher btw. Just a Dixon one.)

Prosdo
09-27-2010, 06:25 AM
I'll give you the first Wallace TD....But still Wallace made a great adjustment on that throw........

But the second Wallace TD was a bad throw and noway you can deny that......Should have been picked but the ball bounced right off Talib's hands.....Hey sometimes the ball bounces you way and nothing wrong with that........I'm just glad there is only one game left without Ben so the musical chairs at QB can end.......:lol:

Old man Charlie did enough to win the game with help from the defense and running game.......The Steelers have played great team football these first three games.....Really all three phases have been contributing..........

I agree Black. I don't hate Charlie. He is a classy guy and does a lot for the Pittsburgh area. But I am not gonna throw on my black and gold tinted glasses and say he played a great game. Just because things bounced our way doesn't mean the plays weren't fortunate and we dodged bullets. Thankfully, Ben is back soon.

I don't know if I'd say incredible.

beaver688
09-27-2010, 07:02 AM
I seem to remember at pre season there was a pole on who would be the qb. while bb. was gone and you all said no Batch and said it would be mark my word it will be batch---lol. check it out if you can find it.

K Train
09-27-2010, 11:53 AM
yeah dude SWEET prediction, you totally must have KNOWN both leftwich and dixon were gonna have shot knees

75Steeler
09-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Charlie is the hometown kid who came in and saved the day! They make movies about chit like we saw yesterday. I hope he can save the day again next Sunday and take us into the bye week 4-0. We rest up over the bye week and come back against the Clowns with a brand new Ben an awesome Defense and a good O line. Things should be looking way up in a couple of weeks.

K Train
09-27-2010, 12:07 PM
im not impressed with the win over the bucs, theres just such a huge gap in the two teams....if he beats the ravens, even if its not through his own doing i will be very impressed. batch threw some picks and some that were pretty easy picks, the ravens really dont drop those that often

igor0190
09-27-2010, 12:11 PM
They should probably start Leftwich... might as well continue the chaos at QB

DanRooney
09-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Batch's performance> all 3 of Dixon's. Combined. (and that's not saying much)

K Train
09-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Batch's performance> all 3 of Dixon's. Combined. (and that's not saying much)

thats just not true, i get you hate dixon and that fine honestly im not dixons biggest fan either, but i did think they needed to at least see what they had in him. but really you need to see batch for what he is and hop off his nuts....wallace was HUGE in that game in bailing him out, his adjustments to awful thrown balls was amazing.

2 awful thrown bombs that wallace came up with and a pick 6 by keisel....batch made a nice read in the back of the endzone to find ward, but batch is hardly the world beater everyone is making him out to be.

SteelerSteve
09-27-2010, 02:49 PM
First off I would like to say...Wow, a game that wasn't a heart attack. Cant remember the last time that happened....I'll admit, I was one of the people who did doubt Charlie, and I'm still not sold on him after one game that he played decently....I think the Ravens will be a better indicator. But hey, I'm glad he did okay and gladder still that we are 3-0....Everyone jumps on the bandwagon with qb's a little to easily, but hey being optimistic isn't so bad.

SteelJunkie
09-27-2010, 03:26 PM
What Batch brings to the the table that Dixon didn't was throwing downfield. Yes his passes were not on the mark but atleast he took the chance. By Batch being able to trust his receivers and throw more then 10 yards backed the defense up, and we were able to run the ball more effectively because of it. Regardless of who starts next week they still need to test the defense deep so they don't cheat up on the line like in weeks 1 and 2.

Prosdo
09-27-2010, 03:26 PM
They should probably start Leftwich... might as well continue the chaos at QB

Has anyone heard if he will be ready? I thought I saw him dressed on Sunday so hopefully he is.

SteelJunkie
09-27-2010, 03:35 PM
He is ready, I don't even think he was on the injury report for last game.

DanRooney
09-27-2010, 03:44 PM
thats just not true, i get you hate dixon and that fine honestly im not dixons biggest fan either, but i did think they needed to at least see what they had in him. but really you need to see batch for what he is and hop off his nuts....wallace was HUGE in that game in bailing him out, his adjustments to awful thrown balls was amazing.

2 awful thrown bombs that wallace came up with and a pick 6 by keisel....batch made a nice read in the back of the endzone to find ward, but batch is hardly the world beater everyone is making him out to be.

Not hoping on Charlie's nuts at all. I don't think any non-delusional fan is. But to think that Dixon's 3 mediocre games were better than Batch's is ludicrous. Arians bailed Dixon of those games giving him easy passes and catering to his inability to make throws, and he still stunk.

Troyisabeast_43
09-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Leftwich isnt going to start Sunday against the Ravens after the performance Batch had yesterday in Tampa. If people seriously think this then they need to put down the crack pipe they are smoking. I know you arent too high on Batch KTrain but werent you one of the people flipping out early last week saying things like I cant believe we are going to lose to Tampa Bay and Batch would be a big reason for that?? Ill admit I wasnt crazy about starting Batch over Leftwich but in the end it turned out to be the right decision. People need to just relax and not get so worked up sometimes because of one little decision here or there. This defense of the Steelers is going to give them a chance to win every single game they play this season no matter who is playing QB they are that good as long as they stay healthy...

steelcitysfinestXL
09-27-2010, 03:54 PM

:plus1: GREAT post. I will give Chuck credit for doing what i said he couldnt: Getting the ball down field. Its not SO MUCH about making PERFECT deep ball throws, its about stretching the defense and giving our oline and mendenhall advantages in the run games. Batch's pocket presence was DAMN good. He made some good throws and some bad throws.

Lets also not be delusional here though... Batch got the WHOLE play book, admittedly! Dixon wont EVER get that! Batch said they game planned to stretch the field early and often. Its what ive been saying since week one. Stretch the field and Mendenhall WILL GO OFF. He gets my game ball for running like a BOSS!

DanRooney
09-27-2010, 04:02 PM
:plus1: GREAT post. I will give Chuck credit for doing what i said he couldnt: Getting the ball down field. Its not SO MUCH about making PERFECT deep ball throws, its about stretching the defense and giving our oline and mendenhall advantages in the run games. Batch's pocket presence was DAMN good. He made some good throws and some bad throws.

Lets also not be delusional here though... Batch got the WHOLE play book, admittedly! Dixon wont EVER get that! Batch said they game planned to stretch the field early and often. Its what ive been saying since week one. Stretch the field and Mendenhall WILL GO OFF. He gets my game ball for running like a BOSS!

Dixon doesn't get it for a reason. (i.e. he's not good)

Time to cut loose ends and IR his ***. He won't be on the team next year.

--- Added 9/27/2010 at 03:02 PM ---

Leftwich isnt going to start Sunday against the Ravens after the performance Batch had yesterday in Tampa. If people seriously think this then they need to put down the crack pipe they are smoking. I know you arent too high on Batch KTrain but werent you one of the people flipping out early last week saying things like I cant believe we are going to lose to Tampa Bay and Batch would be a big reason for that?? Ill admit I wasnt crazy about starting Batch over Leftwich but in the end it turned out to be the right decision. People need to just relax and not get so worked up sometimes because of one little decision here or there. This defense of the Steelers is going to give them a chance to win every single game they play this season no matter who is playing QB they are that good as long as they stay healthy...

Yep. :yellowthumb:

I really don't get KTrain line of thought here. He said he was ok with Dixon protecting the ball and moving the chains (even though he wasn't) but he's apparently not ok with Batch playing because of 2 underthrown TD passes.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Dixon doesn't get it for a reason. (i.e. he's not good)

Time to cut loose ends and IR his ***. He won't be on the team next year.

--- Added 9/27/2010 at 03:02 PM ---

Yep. :yellowthumb:

I really don't get KTrain line of thought here. He said he was ok with Dixon protecting the ball and moving the chains (even though he wasn't) but he's apparently not ok with Batch playing because of 2 underthrown TD passes.

I mean, its wasnt like you were pulling for Batch since TC was it? No all you did was complain that we had 3 terrible Qbs. Hell man, you said last week you'd rather have Chad Pennington than our 3 qbs... so i wouldnt be calling anyone out.

K had a good point. Batch didnt light it up. He did pretty much what Dixon did EXCEPT, they game planned to air the ball out and stretch the defense. Credit BA for FINALLY realizing how to attack teams. Charlie got the green light and had NOTING to lose. Wallace told him to throw it up if Grimm ever turns his back (as per ESPN.com) and he would make a play.
Charlie got the ball there (i said i didnt think he could, i was wrong) BUT the first one was late. If it wasnt for Cody Grimm making his first career start that ball gets knocked down or intercepted. The second TD was also late and under-thrown. Talib had 2 hands on it and should have knocked it down at the very least. Charlie did show great pocket presence and make some good reads. He also made some terrible reads and thew 2 bad picks.

Troyisabeast_43
09-27-2010, 05:18 PM
I mean, its wasnt like you were pulling for Batch since TC was it? No all you did was complain that we had 3 terrible Qbs. Hell man, you said last week you'd rather have Chad Pennington than our 3 qbs... so i wouldnt be calling anyone out.

K had a good point. Batch didnt light it up. He did pretty much what Dixon did EXCEPT, they game planned to air the ball out and stretch the defense. Credit BA for FINALLY realizing how to attack teams. Charlie got the green light and had NOTING to lose. Wallace told him to throw it up if Grimm ever turns his back (as per ESPN.com) and he would make a play.
Charlie got the ball there (i said i didnt think he could, i was wrong) BUT the first one was late. If it wasnt for Cody Grimm making his first career start that ball gets knocked down or intercepted. The second TD was also late and under-thrown. Talib had 2 hands on it and should have knocked it down at the very least. Charlie did show great pocket presence and make some good reads. He also made some terrible reads and thew 2 bad picks.

They should let Batch do the same things against the Ravens defense as well this week without Ed Reed and a banged up secondary. Batch should be able to make plays as well this week against a Ravens defense who I think is grossly overrated and nowhere close to being as good as the Steelers defense. If the Steelers jump out to an early 10-14 point lead in this game against the Ravens it's going to be very very tough for Joe Flacco with as inept and as inconsistent as he is to bring the Ravens back with his arm alone. Coming back against the Browns like Flacco did yesterday was fine but it still doesnt prove to me that Flacco is any better or ready to face what this Steelers defense can bring to the table. Maybe it's just me but unless the Steelers turn the ball over numerous times deep in their own territory and set the Ravens offense up, I just do not see Joe Flacco making enough plays on offense for the Ravens to win this game. Flacco just cannot get it done at crunch time and the Steelers defense once again will make Flacco the **** up he normally is against them when the game is on the line...

K Train
09-27-2010, 05:22 PM

i just dont let myself get setup for disappointment....being negative is the way to go lol

batch throwing that pick right away had me feeling sick, it looked like it was gonna be a long game...thankfully mr wallace was just pure beast and refused to lose

K Train
09-27-2010, 05:36 PM
in hindsight this is a cute debate cause all of you were sooooo high on batch....give me a break

batch played a decent game, definitely better with the week to prepare but lets not forget that the steelers really broke the bucs spirits with the misfortunes they had (and yes they were misfortunes, not so much the steelers dominating the game but hey thats what happens sometimes)

now danrooney youve made it clear you dont like dixon, i honestly could care less because i didnt like the dixon pick at all when it happened but they did need to see if the guy could play, idk how you can argue that....batch played last in 07 and has been on IR every year since, he was an old man back then and hes older now the steelers need a backup regardless and dixon could have been that guy. whether or not hes on the team next year remains to be seen....but BA called the same game for both batch and dixon, the difference is that dixon shouldnt run that kind of game....its a no **** type of statement to say dixon cant read a defense well, i wouldnt expect him too but BA pretty much made dixon not run and force him into a pocket passer situation (something that batch is). i do not think dixon is good, but i do not think hes terrible, i think the ineptness of our coaches to use him correctly will ultimately ruin his chance of being a decent pro.

back has a serious test this week, ravens are stout upfront...cody should be back playing for them and ngata is the best DT in the league...the browns had a power running game with a power runner and an elite oline, we dont really have that and even though they are much improved do not expect much of a running game this week, thus putting the burden on batch more and leaving him way more likely to be exposed....the ravens D might be overrated but they really really ****ing hate the steelers and i wouldnt be surprised to see mendenhall with less than 50 yards cause they bring their A game steelers week, idc if they are the worst team in the league and the steelers are the best hatred goes a long way and 10-10 OT is probably likely.

flacco ****ing blows, hes what you get when you inbreed derek anderson with tommy maddox.....he will throw balls into he dirt they way this d will get in his face, i think the steelers could win this game pretty easy with how insane this defense is playing but my point is theres alot of homerism going on with batch and even though its knd of deserved after a big win that YES i doubted him in, and i still do...but comments like zomg batch is such a hometown hero i cant believe he was shafted the whole time when hes clearly the best backup we got are just a little premature, he played a good game but he could very well go from fantasy football phenom in week 3 to washed up old man in week 4

DanRooney
09-27-2010, 06:12 PM

Never said I was behind Batch and nobody else was if I remember correctly. I personally was pulling for Leftwich to start during OTAs and TC.

And I still stand by that and think that Chad Pennington is a better QB than all 3 of ours. What makes you think differently? He's still a quality backup for the Dolphins. I mean didn't Chad lead a 1-15 team to a playoffs the following year?

Root4Stlrs
09-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Charlie stepped up when he had to. The first pick was terrible and I think everyone had a sick feeling but then the D held them to a field goal. Later, I was amazed when he took off and ran and was holding my breath hoping he wouldn't get hurt. I also thought he demonstrated great pocket presence and did make some very accurate throws -- including one to Heath and others I can't remember. I also think it was incredible that the team scored 38 points (including Kiesel's TD run down the same sideline as Harrison) -- I certainly never expected 38 points and I don't anyone else did either. I'm not crowning Charlie as anything other than a classy guy who didn't go in the tank when he threw an interception and did everything he needed to do to give his team a win. As I stated previously, how many other teams have 3rd string QB's who could come in and do what Batch did?

beaver688
09-27-2010, 08:12 PM
yeah dude SWEET prediction, you totally must have KNOWN both leftwich and dixon were gonna have shot knees

No but I just knew he was better than both on those two. lol

coldrolled
09-28-2010, 07:58 AM
batch played tampa, not atlanta, not tennesee, well 25 yards in tennessee.

we will see this week how batch is.....

this batch attitude is just like tampa's attitude beating the browns, carolina, thinking they are all pro bowlers. then the steelers showed up.

dixon did have 236 yards agianst the falcons, the falcons did beat the saints...
dixon did get blind sided and knocked out in Tenn... we were minus starks.
lets fire arians first, then reavaluate our O players with a new OC before we scrap them.