PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu: the heart and soul of the Steel City

PPPL
09-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Article chronicling the undeniable importance of Troy Polamalu to the success of the Steelers. Piece includes video of Polamalu celebrating his second Super Bowl victory by stage diving into the fans during Pittsburgh’s ’09 championship celebration.

http://ifollo.com/ifollo-blogs/jon-rapoport/troy-polamalu-heart-and-soul-steel-city

SteelerEyeZ
09-24-2010, 07:34 PM
wow thats awesome, When we win this year I am DEF going to the parade, no matter what!!!!

Go Steelers!!!

Scorp
09-24-2010, 07:44 PM
So true, true, true, true. This article is a reminder of why we love this player and the Steelers. Why he's my favorite Steeler. Long live 43. God Bless You Troy.

roosterray
09-25-2010, 01:29 AM
I think Troy is fantastic and his range is amazing. He also has one the best, if not the BEST LB core in Steeler history. Our depth on the dline keeps everyone fresh and will allen and Lewis help keep our secondary fresh. We could be even better then 2008 statistically when it is all said and done. Its really hard not to think past the cliche of one week at a time. IN 2008 I was in Pitt for a game and my friend and I discussed that the last game we went too was in 200 5for SD and it led to a SB also - 2-2 - I gotta find a way to get to a game.

MattyVfromCT
09-25-2010, 10:35 AM
I think Troy is fantastic and his range is amazing. He also has one the best, if not the BEST LB core in Steeler history. Our depth on the dline keeps everyone fresh and will allen and Lewis help keep our secondary fresh. We could be even better then 2008 statistically when it is all said and done. Its really hard not to think past the cliche of one week at a time. IN 2008 I was in Pitt for a game and my friend and I discussed that the last game we went too was in 200 5for SD and it led to a SB also - 2-2 - I gotta find a way to get to a game.

only time will tell but this linebacking corps is right up there with the best in franchise history. our outside duo is arguably the best in team history, certainly in terms of rushing the passer. and with the development of timmons, the sky is the limit for this lb corps and the entire defense in general

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2010, 04:34 PM
It's undeniable that this team plays at a higher level when he is on the field. Whether he makes the play or not the offense will account for him every play. Nice to see 43 back on the field and healthy!

DanRooney
09-25-2010, 04:58 PM
And to think against the Falcons several people were complaining about him. lol.

MattyVfromCT
09-25-2010, 06:54 PM
And to think against the Falcons several people were complaining about him. lol.

:plus1:

Speeed
09-25-2010, 08:36 PM
A fellow teacher(uber Steelers fan as well) at my school in Maryland is from Pittsburgh. She visits her son in Pittsburgh and goes to the local Greek Orthodox church when she visits. Polamalu shows up on occasion. Apparently he has converted to that faith. She says he is the nicest guy you would ever want to meet. She says he is kinda' small-which is testament to his athleticism, heart, and dedication to his craft. He is the embodiment of professionalism and character. I hope he retires a Steeler.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Tom Waddle on NFL Network just declared Polamolu 'Superman'. He says a mild mannered man goes into the phone booth on Sunday, and out comes the super hero in his Steelers costume. I feel the same way.

DanRooney
09-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Troy= Superman
Ben=Iron Man
Mike Wallace=Human Torch?

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Troy= Superman
Ben=Iron Man
Mike Wallace=Human Torch?

James Harrison = the Incredible Hulk?

HUNT4SEVEN
09-26-2010, 06:01 PM
A fellow teacher(uber Steelers fan as well) at my school in Maryland is from Pittsburgh. She visits her son in Pittsburgh and goes to the local Greek Orthodox church when she visits. Polamalu shows up on occasion. Apparently he has converted to that faith. She says he is the nicest guy you would ever want to meet. She says he is kinda' small-which is testament to his athleticism, heart, and dedication to his craft. He is the embodiment of professionalism and character. I hope he retires a Steeler.

He will retire a Steeler, he is a class act all the way around:tt02: When healthy hands down he is the best safety to play this game:yesnod:

dunfbe
09-26-2010, 06:47 PM
He will retire a Steeler, he is a class act all the way around:tt02: When healthy hands down he is the best safety to play this game:yesnod:

Without a doubt. Not only the best, but also an original. Who plays the position (or any position?) like Tory does?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Had to love seeing Troy pick off that pass on the sidelines :lol:

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 07:33 PM

I loved how the crowd cheered!

blackandgold4ever
09-27-2010, 05:12 PM

That was one of my favorite parts of the game yesterday :lol:

Troy is the man! I was asked a poll question "WHO IS THE ALL-TIME 'ULTIMATE STEELER'?

My response- Although I would love to pick one of the legends I must go with #43. There has never been one individual player that has had such an impact on the entire play of the team.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-27-2010, 05:34 PM
It's undeniable that this team plays at a higher level when he is on the field. Whether he makes the play or not the offense will account for him every play. Nice to see 43 back on the field and healthy!

True story! He doesnt always make every play, but his presence allows everyone else to do their job and not worry.

Go back and read the thread...for once! I didnt read any complaints, just people saying he played a average game. Average for him is game MVP level for most safeties. He's expected to play at a high level. If James Harrison has 5 tackles and 1 sack that isnt a "great game" thats expected/average.