PDA

View Full Version : LOL At these commentators ..

SteelersGirlTN7
12-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Bryant Gumbel needs to do his research better ..

Holmes has a new nickname, from me and the people at the table at the bar tonight ..

Gumbel - "throwing it to San Antonio..... "

LOL Yeah, great catch, TEX!!

K Train
12-08-2006, 12:11 AM
haha my aunt has called him san antonio ever since cowher did on draft day

Steelersfan
12-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Holy cow Gumbel sucked! I couldn't even stand listening to him! I don't even know what to say. I thought the guys who did the Steelers/Bucs game on FOX last week were bad. But Gumbel takes the cake!

AZ_Steeler
12-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Gumbel is the worst football announcer I have ever heard in my life!!! He is in way over his head and I'm sure they could do a whole lot better than him!

Steelersfan
12-08-2006, 12:23 AM
OMG was he bad! I almost turned the sound down just so I didn't have to listen to him!....lol

On the other hand.....
The game in HD was pretty damn good! Best broadcast of a game I have watched.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2006, 06:13 AM
Gumble is terrible, how in the hell did the NFLN , in the innaugural season chose 2 people as bad as Gumble & Collinsworth I'll never know !

Hell Greg Gumble is by far and away the better announcer over his brother.

SteelersWoman
12-08-2006, 07:11 AM
There was at least 3 times that Gumble cracked me up. Like the two times when it appeared that a scuffle was about to break out, and I'm too tired right now to remember the other one in particular, but those laughs alone made it enjoyable to listen to him. He's kind of a break from the "usual" type of announcers.

I actually prefer him doing a ball game as opposed to a news show--he's so stodgy delivering news, that's why I had no idea he even HAD a sense of humor.

Steelerlyn
12-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Agreed! it was really bad. Since this is NFL network's first season of doing games I am cutting them a little slack and hoping next season they have some real professional sports analysts doing the game. Buit it does seem that they would have that in order this year BEFORE they ask people to pay the big bucks to see and listen to NFl network.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

House of Steel
12-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Time to send a resume to the NFL Network and tell them to hire me, even the guy that does the announcing for the ads was very annoying.

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Gumbel and Collinsworth suck

Koopa
12-08-2006, 12:46 PM
yes they were horrible, i'm glad i don't have to hear them on a regular basis lol.....actually the nfl network as a whole is horrible.....that lady doing the nfl update **** or whatever was ****ing horrible, and their cast that do their highlight show is a reject cast......no wonder a lot of cable companies don't want to put it out for free, public access shows have better ppl lol

SteelerFan87
12-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Surprisingly, I thought Collinsworth was hilarious with all his comments about the "Soldier", lol. :lol:

Iron City South
12-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Actually, Gumbell sucks so bad that he actually makes Collinsworth sound competent. Gumbell's best line was, "Well, we're approaching the 3 min. warning" ....

LOL ... WTF? :lol:

PITT23
12-08-2006, 09:54 PM
And he didn't even make any comments about Gene Upshaw :cursin:

Butb yeah, it was a pretty bad night for both of the announcers.

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Bryant Gumbel needs to do his research better ..

Holmes has a new nickname, from me and the people at the table at the bar tonight ..

Gumbel - "throwing it to San Antonio..... "

LOL Yeah, great catch, TEX!!

:hilarious:

K Train
12-08-2006, 10:23 PM
I heard that Collinsworth and Gumble really like being in that cold lonely booth together so they can keep each other warm when the sun goes down in pittsburgh.

House of Steel
12-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Was it me or was they looking at each other funny and thinking some gay crap? Collinsworth worries me cause of that gay looking smile of his.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2006, 10:42 PM
What is the NFL's infatuation with Collinsworth.. I mean the guy's on HBO inside the NFL, he's on NBC, NFL network.. Gimme a break !! :banging:

K Train
12-08-2006, 10:44 PM
First of all...he is bengal scum, second, he sucks, and third him and gumble like to rub up aginst each other.

House of Steel
12-08-2006, 10:45 PM
That answered my question well, Kyle. Yep, they are the new gay sensation.

Steelersfan
12-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Actually, Gumbell sucks so bad that he actually makes Collinsworth sound competent. Gumbell's best line was, "Well, we're approaching the 3 min. warning" ....

LOL ... WTF? :lol:

I was thinking that same thing the whole game ICS!....lol

K Train
12-14-2006, 10:49 PM
The 49ers will take a quick timeout so we will take a short break while Al Gore takes a breather
-Gumble

House of Steel
12-14-2006, 11:18 PM
AL GORE???? What the hell???? OH MY GOD!!! What til Frank Gore hears this one. Gumble is an *******.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Gumble is so bad it's not even funny, and he's getting worse. If the NFL network doesnt can him after this season they need their heads examined !

Steelerlyn
12-15-2006, 12:04 AM
Dang that was poor commentating, **** poor to be honest! Agreed Matt, the NFL network has to come up with something better than Gumbel and his brain farts. Collingsworth actually did a good job.

:popcorn:

House of Steel
12-15-2006, 12:35 AM
They could hire me to be the next NFL Network Play by Play announcer, but hell would I ever do it with Collinsworth.