PDA

View Full Version : When will Arian learn?

xxxsteelernation
09-22-2010, 11:33 PM
How many QB's do we have to go through, for him to realize that his little throw it deep senerio get's QB's hurt more than an option QB. We lost both ben and charlie last year one to a concussion, other a broken wrist. now this year we have lost both dixon and leftwich. (dixon stated at the local eugene newspaper that he injured his knee on on the blind side sack against the titans.) while standing in the pocket arians and tomlin was so worried about him getting hurt when running, arians completly spaced that keeping QB's in the pocket in his "system" would hurt them even more. I belive the only reason ben has worked so well in this "System" is that he dosen't stay in the pocket like BA wants. some of bens best throws is while he is rollin out.

Real Deal Steel
09-23-2010, 12:13 AM
How many QB's do we have to go through, for him to realize that his little throw it deep senerio get's QB's hurt more than an option QB. We lost both ben and charlie last year one to a concussion, other a broken wrist. now this year we have lost both dixon and leftwich. (dixon stated at the local eugene newspaper that he injured his knee on on the blind side sack against the titans.) while standing in the pocket arians and tomlin was so worried about him getting hurt when running, arians completly spaced that keeping QB's in the pocket in his "system" would hurt them even more. I belive the only reason ben has worked so well in this "System" is that he dosen't stay in the pocket like BA wants. some of bens best throws is while he is rollin out.

True dat. A short passing game, similar to what Orton does in Denver is what we need to run right now.

SteelJunkie
09-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Only time Arians looks like he knows what he is doing is when ben is in hurry up calling his own plays lol

coldrolled
09-23-2010, 01:09 AM
with arians we need 6'6 260 lb QB's...

that is why a few fans say right now we need jamarcus russell as a 3rd string qb.. hes the same size QB as ben and can take the abuse. he throws as good as the rest of what we have.

arians needs to go bye bye on the bye week.

DanRooney
09-23-2010, 02:29 AM
Throw it deep? We haven't thrown it past 5 yards aside from that Wallace catch in game 1. I wish he would throw it deep.

LatrobePA
09-23-2010, 09:07 AM
We need a few deep balls tossed and even caught to back the coverage off a bit..

xxxsteelernation
09-23-2010, 10:49 AM
But what i'm implying even though some passes might not go deep the play is designed for it to go deep which means that the QB has to hold on to the ball way too long. and for that to be done every time dbacks can just sit back there and play the pass. while the line can T off on our QB's. and whatver arians is trying to produce with those bubble screens its' failing. I like the idea but what is the definition of insanity again, trying the same thing, the same way, and expecting different results.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-23-2010, 10:56 AM
I know most are assuming the Steelers win against the Bucs but the Bucs have a pretty good defense too. They are +4 in turnovers right now. Yes, they played Cleveland and Carolina but those are still professional teams with players that can hold onto a ball so they must be doing something correctly. I think the deep pass will get the offense into particular trouble this week and next week. We need short to medium range passes and lots of run plays if the o-line can open a hole or two...it may be ok :crossfingers:

coldrolled
09-23-2010, 11:17 AM
sideline an extra WR, add Dwyer, run three backs all day in rotation in the 92 degree heat. we have three big backs.. if they get tired then let moore play a bit.

tampa's D will not make the whole game doing that.

batch stays standing.. we control the clock. we convert 3rd downs, we win...

guarantee it wont happen, we go 5 wide and let it fly.... tampa wont expect it. :lol:

Scorp
09-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Arians needs to be sacked by Harrison.

LatrobePA
09-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Arians needs to be sacked by Harrison.

Or T-bagged by Harrisons sack!