PDA

View Full Version : Browns tyring to trade for Kolb

steelersgal86
09-22-2010, 01:43 PM
A Philadelphia radio station is reporting the Browns are trying to trade for Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb.

WIP, AM-610 reported Browns general manager Tom Heckert Jr. called about Kolb on Monday and was told Kolb was not available. Heckert was the Eagles general manager in 2007 when Philadelphia drafted Kolb in the second round.

The inquiry could mean the Browns are concerned starting quarterback Jake Delhomme could be out an extended period. Delhomme was injured in the season opener Sept. 12 and though he finished the game in Tampa he has not practiced since. He was last seen Sunday on the sideline of the Kansas City game wearing a walking boot.

While speaking to reporters in Philadelphia Wednesday, Eagles Coach Andy Reid did not rule out dealing Kolb before the Oct. 19 deadline.

Seeking comment from Heckert. More information to come.

Zachintosh66
09-22-2010, 02:50 PM
not surprising considering Colt McCoy sounds like a dud...

StlersGuy
09-22-2010, 03:13 PM
wait isnt anyone who QB's in clowntown a dud.... :lol:

Blazedby92
09-22-2010, 03:47 PM
not surprising considering Colt McCoy sounds like a dud...

Always was now Kolb will get to show him what a seasoned dud can do.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Always was now Kolb will get to show him what a seasoned dud can do.

You know what? K Kolb never got a real chance to play in Philly--if they ship him to Cleveland - the QB killing city-- he will never get a real shot at all. Now I am no fan of Philly or of Kolb; I just hate to see any one's career snuffed out before they get a real chance to screw it up themselves.

Sir Blitzelot
09-22-2010, 09:31 PM
You know what? K Kolb never got a real chance to play in Philly--if they ship him to Cleveland - the QB killing city-- he will never get a real shot at all. Now I am no fan of Philly or of Kolb; I just hate to see any one's career snuffed out before they get a real chance to screw it up themselves.

:plus1: I agree with you 100%. The kid never got a fair shake. I just don't understand it. The Eagles traded McNabb, so that Kevin Kolb could become "THE GUY". Not to mention, the team gave Kolb a one-year contract extension back in April. Call me crazy, but I cannot comprehend how he went from being the franchise quarterback and the future of the organization, to second-string... Overnight. :thinking:

airbrake 1
09-22-2010, 10:21 PM
not giving guys a fair shot is the way things are done in the nfl these days, you have 1 bad half and the fan base clamors for the back-up ...this is how coaching is done in the nfl throw mud against wall see what sticks for this week ...it's called the ben roethlisberger syndrome if you don't go 15-1 your rookie season you're considered a bust

BR7
09-22-2010, 11:57 PM
:plus1: I agree with you 100%. The kid never got a fair shake. I just don't understand it. The Eagles traded McNabb, so that Kevin Kolb could become "THE GUY". Not to mention, the team gave Kolb a one-year contract extension back in April. Call me crazy, but I cannot comprehend how he went from being the franchise quarterback and the future of the organization, to second-string... Overnight. :thinking:

It's performance based, IMO. Vick is playing lights out compaired to Kolb. I'm sure Reid had every intention of making Kolb Mcnabb's successor and still might. **** like that has been going on for ages. Vick proved he can play and play well, give him the job.

not giving guys a fair shot is the way things are done in the nfl these days, you have 1 bad half and the fan base clamors for the back-up ...this is how coaching is done in the nfl throw mud against wall see what sticks for this week ...it's called the ben roethlisberger syndrome if you don't go 15-1 your rookie season you're considered a bust

As ruthless as the Eagles fans are, I highly doubt they influenced Reid's decision. You're right though, what sticks for the week... its a 'what have you done for me lately' league.

And Ben went 14-0, he played reliver in week 2 when Maddox went down. :greengrin:

Hell, let them trade away.. the amount the Clowns have to give up for Kolb would definately keep them cellar dwellers for quite some time. :lol:

Blazedby92
09-23-2010, 07:52 AM

AWWWW!!! You shouldn't watch sports then cause it happens daily players get SCOUTED and then the judgement and it's not Cleveland that's killling QB's it's the QB's that are dead already when they get there. Mark my words:imho:

LatrobePA
09-23-2010, 08:41 AM
As ruthless as the Eagles fans are, I highly doubt they influenced Reid's decision. You're right though, what sticks for the week... its a 'what have you done for me lately' league.

A bag of powered donuts could of swayed him! So I bet they had something to do w/ it!

92_is_gonna_kill_you
09-23-2010, 11:13 AM

I can comprehend it, if Andy Reid has to face 52 of his players in his locker room. Reid's been on & off the hot seat in Philly for some time now, and if he stayed stubborn enough to start Kolb, he could've potentially lost his locker room and his job.

Sir Blitzelot
09-23-2010, 11:41 AM
I can comprehend it, if Andy Reid has to face 52 of his players in his locker room. Reid's been on & off the hot seat in Philly for some time now, and if he stayed stubborn enough to start Kolb, he could've potentially lost his locker room and his job.

You're exactly right. Reid is on the hot seat. That's why I feel it is a foolish decision on his part to go with Vick, when the organization already has so much invested in Kolb. Knowing Vick's recent history with legal trouble, Reid is taking a big risk and has now put his neck on the line. And for Reid's sake, I just feel the consequences of this decision, outweigh the potential. :2cents: