PDA

View Full Version : Fan's voices heard in Virginia

ejsteeler
09-22-2010, 01:43 PM
When Steelers fans speak, people listen. Itís especially the case in the hometown of Coach Mike Tomlin.

Tomlinís entire family is from the greater Hampton Roads, Virginia area and many in that the region adopted the Steelers as their team.

So when WTKR, News Channel 3 in southeastern Virginia released their NFL schedule for this Sunday, fans werenít excited about the prospect of watching the Tennessee Titans take on the New York Giants at 1 pm.

So they started calling, in large numbers, asking the station to consider the Steelers game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers instead.

And to their credit, the fanís voice was heard. CBS granted WTKR permission to show the Steelers game, much to the pleasure of the black and gold faithful in the area.

The Steelers home opener against the Atlanta Falcons was shown on the Fox affiliate in Hampton Roads as well.
Article (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Fans-voices-heard-in-Virginia/dde0bac3-6fcb-461e-a4d3-b056caf3069b)

How cool is that!!!! Steeler Nation rules!!!!!!!

Layin the wood
09-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Steeler Nation Rocks!!!!!! You cant stop us, u only hope to contain us!!!!!!:cope:

nuclearchihuahuas
09-22-2010, 02:04 PM
So...maybe if we start calling the NFL offices they will listen and reduce Ben's sentence by one week? I know --not likely but it would be fun to cause them a headache for a short period of time--like oh say, 4 weeks?

ejsteeler
09-22-2010, 02:13 PM
So...maybe if we start calling the NFL offices they will listen and reduce Ben's sentence by one week? I know --not likely but it would be fun to cause them a headache for a short period of time--like oh say, 4 weeks?

That would be hilarious......:yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
09-22-2010, 06:49 PM
DC troops..we need to start a rally.

DanRooney
09-22-2010, 07:21 PM
I live in Hampton Roads and yep I was one of the many that called to complain :cope:

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-22-2010, 07:36 PM
the implication here is huge cuz this is definately in the heart of ....skins ter i atory. however, there is much display of fanship on behalf of the steeler nation in the area. it is an honor to be part of that and a pleasure to display my steeler luv everday down here. don't worry about visiting the hampton roads area, it is about as steeler friendly as you would get in da burgh.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/goodgirl20/smiley-gosteelers.gif :popcorn:

mike.
yorktown, virginia

ejsteeler
09-22-2010, 07:51 PM
I live in Hampton Roads and yep I was one of the many that called to complain :cope:

the implication here is huge cuz this is definately in the heart of ....skins ter i atory. however, there is much display of fanship on behalf of the steeler nation in the area. it is an honor to be part of that and a pleasure to display my steeler luv everday down here. don't worry about visiting the hampton roads area, it is about as steeler friendly as you would get in da burgh.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/goodgirl20/smiley-gosteelers.gif :popcorn:

mike.
yorktown, virginia

Great job guys!!!!! :cope:

KSSteelerfan
09-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Cannot stand the Chefs.....here in Kansas....you would have a better chance of seeing donkeys fly than for the local affiliate to stop carrying the Chefs....:rant2:

92_is_gonna_kill_you
09-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Cannot stand the Chefs.....here in Kansas....you would have a better chance of seeing donkeys fly than for the local affiliate to stop carrying the Chefs....:rant2:

Substitute Chefs with Bungals and Kansas with Kentucky and you'll have my situation. :/

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2010, 10:00 AM
We go through this same type of scenario here in Central PA. For some stupid reason the CBS affiliate here splits their telecasts between the Steelers and the Ravens, so we as fans have to bombard them with phone calls to try and sway them to show the Steelers over the Ravens. It's a never ending battle...

Props to the fans of Virginia for going all out and getting to see the game!

pontiacbubba
09-24-2010, 03:12 AM
When I lived in NW PA, Erie to be exact, we were in the middle of three NFL teams, Cleveland, Buffalo and, Pittsburgh. Guess which one is closest as the crow flies??? Thats right the Jills! The local media all seemed to be biased towards Cleveland. Would they show the Pittsburgh game if ( When ) Buffalo was blacked out?? Nope got to watch flipper re-runs.

Great Job Steeler nation!

Longshanks
09-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Gotta give this a shot here in NE Ohio. Pain in the butt, every time the Steelers, Browns, and Bungals play at the same time, guess which 2 games are shown? I don't understand it, we're closer to Pittsburgh than Cincinatti, but the Bungals still get priority...