PDA

View Full Version : My new fav new steeler

xxxsteelernation
09-22-2010, 11:55 AM
My favorite new steeler has got to be stevenson sylvester. Everytime he has been on the field he either is around that ball or is making a play.

75Steeler
09-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Brown isn't bad either. He obviously has the speed!

K Train
09-22-2010, 12:01 PM
everyone is jumping to a conclusion of greatness on brown, sanders, and sylvester. they have to become more than ST players first

Zachintosh66
09-22-2010, 12:05 PM
What happened to Redman and his 2.7 yds a carry?

Sir Blitzelot
09-22-2010, 12:15 PM
everyone is jumping to a conclusion of greatness on brown, sanders, and sylvester. they have to become more than ST players first

Agreed... I remember at the beginning of last season everyone was real high on Stefan Logan, and look where he is now. I believe he is a backup kick returner for the Lions.

jpele
09-22-2010, 12:29 PM

I don't see anyone jumping to conclusions of greatness,I see people appreciating the great effort put forth on special teams.

K Train
09-22-2010, 12:36 PM
so saying a ST player is your new favorite steeler isnt crowning him a little prematurely? i like him alright too, but theres been alot of guys like all these guys that just come and go

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2010, 12:45 PM
I had a dream that Brown returned another Kickoff for a TD this coming weekend :lol:

steelcitysfinestXL
09-22-2010, 01:06 PM
My favorite new steeler has got to be stevenson sylvester. Everytime he has been on the field he either is around that ball or is making a play.

Week 1 was Worilds, week 2 it was Sly. Nice to see the young guys step up and make an impact on ST's. On a veteran team like this, barring injury to a starter, ST's is the best way for these guys to get noticed. Im still waiting to see Thad "Jim Jones" Gibson get a sunday hat too. I like all three of these kids! Damn good draft class so far. In year 3 (2013) we'll see how good it REALLY was!

--- Added 9/22/2010 at 11:06 AM ---

I had a dream that Brown returned another Kickoff for a TD this coming weekend :lol:

:lol: I he has some RARE speed. From 20 to 20 on that return was rediculous. I like returners like him. Pick a lane and let your speed do the rest. I liked logan but he was ALWAYS looking to cut or make a move. Im not ready to crown him yet cause it was a GREAT play call too, but i like his speed ALOT!

coldrolled
09-22-2010, 01:11 PM
im a sly fan hes a hawk.... i really want to see butler play more, he seems to be a hawk and has hands..... i think he and sly are the hidden gems of our draft this year... maybe we will see him next year.

DanRooney
09-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Agreed... I remember at the beginning of last season everyone was real high on Stefan Logan, and look where he is now. I believe he is a backup kick returner for the Lions.

Yeah and Randle El is our starter :evilshake:

--- Added 9/22/2010 at 11:27 AM ---

Redman has been playing lights out. He was money in the Atlanta game and wasn't really given a chance against Tennessee as we weren't even close to converting any first downs thanks our terrible quarterbacks. I remember one of the times he did get the ball he was gang tackled 4 yards behind the LoS and broke several tackles to get a 2 yard gain.

coldrolled
09-22-2010, 01:46 PM

Redman has been playing lights out. He was money in the Atlanta game and wasn't really given a chance against Tennessee as we weren't even close to converting any first downs thanks our terrible quarterbacks. I remember one of the times he did get the ball he was gang tackled 4 yards behind the LoS and broke several tackles to get a 2 yard gain.

the stat that counts, it should be posted on arians forehead every week.

In Tenn - Third Down Efficiency 2/15 - 13%

MattyVfromCT
09-22-2010, 01:48 PM

that sure would be sweet! i'd have to say although not a new steeler, timmons is quickly becoming one of my favorites. i'll admit i had been down on him the last few years but he has been an absolute beast since camp started. he really stepped up his game. i think a lot of his struggles were learning a new position since he played outside in a 4-3 at fsu as well as his lack of size. the experience and offseason training have really paid off

K Train
09-22-2010, 03:00 PM

redman has been far from lights out...hes been gary russell and najeh davenport. i will say im impressed with his balance though

Hampton98
09-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Stevenson Sylvester is a beast. I also liked Bailey, who wore 55 in preseason, but was cut.

My favorite Steeler and NFL player of all time is still Casey Hampton, though. Of the current Steelers my favorites are Silverback, Ryan Clark, LaMarr Woodley, and Aaron Smith, although I love all of them. :D

Still awaiting the magical day when Stevenson Sylvester plays the Vikings, has an amazing game, and goes over to Peterson and says, "yo Adrian, I did it"

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Redman is doing exactly what he is being paid to do. His role is short yardage and so far he's made every short yardage conversion, atleast that I know of. Either way, he's doing his job and that's good enough for me. Russel excelled at this job when he was here and Redman is doing well too.

super cleats
09-22-2010, 03:44 PM

get outta here man, redman has done everything that he has been asked off on goal line situations.

but no... people from the city of pittsburgh DEMAND a 5.00000000000000000000000000 average carry by redman.

K Train
09-22-2010, 03:47 PM
redman is supposed to be the next coming though

steelcitysfinestXL
09-22-2010, 04:53 PM
redman has been far from lights out...hes been gary russell and najeh davenport. i will say im impressed with his balance though

Redman is doing exactly what he is being paid to do. His role is short yardage and so far he's made every short yardage conversion, atleast that I know of. Either way, he's doing his job and that's good enough for me. Russel excelled at this job when he was here and Redman is doing well too.

:plus1: i like the dude, he runs hard with good pad level and he rarely goes down unless gang tackled. I like the idea of him as a back-up rather than that Jerious Norwood JJ Arrington type "skat" back. Redman is an over achieving, cusp of the roster type guy who is gonna give it his all eveytime he steps on the field to stay on this team. Just want you want in short yardage back!!!

LatrobePA
09-22-2010, 04:58 PM
For me it's # 53, dude doesn't stop fighting and clawing!

Blazedby92
09-22-2010, 05:00 PM
:plus1: i like the dude, he runs hard with good pad level and he rarely goes down unless gang tackled. I like the idea of him as a back-up rather than that Jerious Norwood JJ Arrington type "skat" back. Redman is an over achieving, cusp of the roster type guy who is gonna give it his all eveytime he steps on the field to stay on this team. Just want you want in short yardage back!!!

:cope:

redman is supposed to be the next coming though

So was Sweed:lol::hilarious:

steelcitysfinestXL
09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
For me it's # 53, dude doesn't stop fighting and clawing!

:clap: Yeah, you'd think that would be a given!!!

xxxsteelernation
09-22-2010, 06:28 PM
so saying a ST player is your new favorite steeler isnt crowning him a little prematurely? i like him alright too, but theres been alot of guys like all these guys that just come and go

Favorite new player, my fav outta all the new guy's this year. aaron smith will always be my fav current player, and rod woodson is my fav all time.

Blazedby92
09-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Favorite new player, my fav outta all the new guy's this year. aaron smith will always be my fav current player, and rod woodson is my fav all time.

Aaron smith was mic'ed up on Nfl network sound FX last week it was pretty good.:yellowthumb:

super cleats
09-23-2010, 03:12 PM
my favorite new steeler is lawrence timmons

Iron City South
09-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Sly will be a player in this league .... mark my words.

Sly and Fox on Special Teams is a lethal combo. That's all these guys do is hit people and make plays.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2010, 10:01 PM
People are excited since we are at least seeing contributions from this draft class even if its just special teams....Ktrain you hated the 2009 class so much and rightfully so but at least this class promising from top to bottom........I really liked this entire class even if Worilds was a slight reach.......Really your boy Gibson has bee quiet so far......Just messing with you man.....lol I know Gibson really hasn't been given a chance so far.......

Pouncey is our starting center for the next 15 years......Hopefully Worilds, Gibson, Sly all wind up as starting LB's......Which isn't crazy to think that........Brown will at least be a very good kick returner and hopefully a solid slot WR one day.......As for Sanders I hope he becomes a solid number 2........

There is a ton of potential in this class and this class could end up being one of the best in the Colbert era.......

--- Added 9/24/2010 at 08:01 PM ---

Oh can't forget about Butler, he fits our scheme well and has good ball skills......

xxxsteelernation
09-25-2010, 12:36 AM
so if brown and sanders does come on as the 3 and 4 recivers, randle el goes bye bye and so does sweed?