PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison: Defensive Player of the Week

harpo
09-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Harrison defensive player of the week
By Teresa Varley – Steelers.com

Linebacker James Harrison was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in a 19-11 win over the Tennessee Titans.

Harrison had impressive numbers in the game, finishing with 11 tackles, two sacks, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.

For more, go here:

Harrison Defensive Player Of The Week (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Harrison-defensive-player-of-the-week/8c20117f-dda0-4429-a0d0-98ea8750c373)

=================================

Well deserved. I'm sure that most of the competition came from his own teammates.

Layin the wood
09-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Awesome!! Congrats JH!!!!:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Silverback showing why he's still a premier OLB in the league. This year I look for great things between him and Wood. Last year they never seemed to get on the same page; one week Silverback would make all the plays and then the next week Woodley would be making them all. So far this year both guys are kicking *** and taking names every Sunday.

75Steeler
09-22-2010, 11:48 AM
As long as the refs don't allow him to be held this season like they did last year, I see him being the defensive player of the year again. Last year was B/S with them not calling holding.

K Train
09-22-2010, 11:59 AM
idk about all that, clay matthews has been amazingly relentless

harpo
09-22-2010, 12:08 PM

I think Silverback has the edge in week 2. Matthews had 5 tackles (3 sacks). Harrison had 11 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles.

I say it's not even close.

...unless you were referring to 75's comment about him being DPOY again.

K Train
09-22-2010, 12:29 PM
DPOY i was referring to, matthews has been disgusting

harrison was AFC DPOW, matthews was NFC

harpo
09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
DPOY i was referring to, matthews has been disgusting

harrison was AFC DPOW, matthews was NFC

Duly noted. :yellowthumb:

jpele
09-22-2010, 12:33 PM
From Steelers facebook

James Harrison is the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Titans. Most of the competition likely came from his own teammates.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-22-2010, 12:47 PM

Dear god is that kid a beast. ALL MOTOR, he's balls to the wall every down! He's gonna start getting extra attention and ill be interested to see how he fairs then. I dont think it matters who you throw on Harrison, he's either too fast or too strong... or both, for most tackles. And At 5' 3.5" he has the leverage to beat any LT in the league consistantly. I like em both!!!!

DanRooney
09-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Matthews had the luxury of playing the Buffalo Bills. Bruce Davis would have had similar numbers against that OL and QB.

MattyVfromCT
09-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Matthews had the luxury of playing the Buffalo Bills. Bruce Davis would have had similar numbers against that OL and QB.

well, i dont know about davis putting up those numbers but yeah, the bills are garbage. but you gotta give credit, matthews is a flat out beast. he had a great rookie season last year and is picking up right where he left off

ejsteeler
09-22-2010, 02:13 PM
As well he should be!!!! Awesome motor for a thirty something.......

BlacknGoldAC
09-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Tough choices even from just The Steelers. Timmons had more tackles, Woodley was a beast and then there's Troy. This unit looks like it could be very special this year!

Silverback
09-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Well deserved they had no answer for him and Wood all game.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-22-2010, 04:43 PM

Well seeing as how it was his second 3 sack game in as many weeks... i'd say that qualifies him as a bit of a badass! :nahnah:

K Train
09-22-2010, 05:10 PM

i dont care who he was playing, he was playing out of his mind....he is so relentless and reckless he will do anything to get to the QB or the ball. 6 sacks in 2 weeks is damn impressive. hes polamalu in the form of a LB just in how insane he is when hes on the field. hes definitely one of my favorite non steelers

steelersbabex25
09-22-2010, 06:44 PM
From Steelers facebook

James Harrison is the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Titans. Most of the competition likely came from his own teammates.

:clap:As it should be. Loving it!

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-22-2010, 07:28 PM
i dont care who he was playing, he was playing out of his mind....he is so relentless and reckless he will do anything to get to the QB or the ball. 6 sacks in 2 weeks is damn impressive. hes polamalu in the form of a LB just in how insane he is when hes on the field. hes definitely one of my favorite non steelers

Yea Clay is a monstar

igor0190
09-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Why would we expect anything less from Clay Matthews???

He is being taught by the GREAT Pittsburgh Steelers Kevin Greene! He is the LB coach in GB.

harpo
09-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Well, if Clay Matthews is to win the DPOY, he's going to have to do more than just sack the opposing QB. Otherwise, he'll lose just like DeMarcus Ware did in 2008.