PDA

View Full Version : You're Mike Tomlin, who do you start?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2010, 04:33 PM
So you've got a healthy Charlie Batch, a busted up Dennis Dixon, and a seemingly half healthy Byron Leftwich (we'll know more this week on Lefty's availability.

If you have a choice between Lefty and Charlie, who do you choose?

LatrobePA
09-21-2010, 04:39 PM
If BL is banged up sit him until next week, if healthy and looking good, go with him.

Anything else, give Charlie the week to prepare and have BL back up.

DanRooney
09-21-2010, 04:44 PM
http://www.yoursportsnightcap.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/jeff-garcia-wife-carmella-decesare.jpg

25MVPKing
09-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Didn't know he was an option. lol :-P

I'd start Batch. He's as solid a backup QB as there is in the league.

cmerrifield
09-21-2010, 05:00 PM
I chose Batch. I think if he gets a week with the first team offense, he can manage the game.

DanRooney
09-21-2010, 05:02 PM
lol I know he's not an option. I just wanted to check out his wife a little longer.

Troyisabeast_43
09-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Id go with Leftwich he gives the Steelers the best chance to get this passing game going. You gotta believe if Leftwich is healthy that he is going to be the guy. Whoever the QB that starts is they need to make the decision by tomorrow so that they can get a full week of practice in with the first team offense and get enough reps and snaps. This isnt something where Tomlin can afford to sit around until Friday or Saturday and make a decision. Make it tomorrow in practice and go with Leftwich...

LatrobePA
09-21-2010, 05:05 PM
lol I know he's not an option. I just wanted to check out his wife a little longer.

I always thought he was one to "Drop the soap" all the time!! Hmmm, she's OK! lol

25MVPKing
09-21-2010, 06:07 PM
I always thought he was one to "Drop the soap" all the time!! Hmmm, she's OK! lol

Yeah, I think his playboy wife is to hide the truth.:yesnod:

ejsteeler
09-21-2010, 08:07 PM
I don't see why you would not let BL heal completely. Start Charlie and let BL heal so we have a healthy backup if Ben goes down. Dixon should hit IR and bring in some more line depth....either line......

steelersbabex25
09-21-2010, 09:30 PM
If Lefty is healthy go with him no doubt. We saw what Batch could do last week, and it wasn't much. Give BL a shot and worst comes to worst you sit him if he's sucking.

Zachintosh66
09-21-2010, 09:37 PM
just direct snap to Mendy all day

srob14
09-21-2010, 09:44 PM
if BL is healthy then i woukld like to see him start, but i think batch can get the job done. he had some good throws against the titans, some were drop and some negated by penalties. no matter who is in there the differance between win and lose will be on how mendenhall does. we need our make shift o-line to open some bug holes. our D will do their part, 4 sacks and 3 turnovers.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-21-2010, 09:44 PM
you might be on the verge of an historic event in nfl history. we might play against tb with no qb at all. you know, one hand tied behind your back. would that intimidate the rest of the league if we won it that way.
all the news broadcasters basically sayin batch can't even breath. lefty is fn done too. so, front office save some money and go with out em. at this point i don't see nothin to lose. ain't smokin no drugs. jus sayin.

srob14
09-21-2010, 09:47 PM
who da thunk?

--- Added 9/21/2010 at 07:47 PM ---

i like the idea, wildcat offense with ARE running the show, with wallace and brown's speed the bucs couldnt stop it.

Zachintosh66
09-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Kordell or Maddox have one game left in them? :lol:

steelersbabex25
09-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Kordell or Maddox have one game left in them? :lol:

:yikes: no thanks..to Maddox atleast.

Real Deal Steel
09-22-2010, 12:31 AM
I chose Batch. I think if he gets a week with the first team offense, he can manage the game.

Batch is the obvious choice. You have to give Leftwhich atleast another week. Plus if Batch gets the reps this week, he'll be able to do what we need him to do and that is just short passes, keep the chains moving and first and foremost..no turnovers!

JensK
09-22-2010, 04:49 AM
For me its pretty obvious. You Don't start leftwich unless he is 110% ready to play. With all the injuries on the o-line, he is hardly mobile enough when healthy to play with it; There is no way in hell he is even near that if he aint healthy.

92_is_gonna_kill_you
09-22-2010, 09:55 AM
If DanRooney can nominate Jeff Garcia, I nominate Daunte Culpepper. :P

I'd go with Byron. IMO with the right pieces in place around him (which Tampa DID NOT provide for him last year), he could still start in the NFL.

coldrolled
09-22-2010, 10:33 AM
i say, batch this week.. and run redman, mendy, dwyers all day. keep pounding them.

come out with a solid ground game package :lol: ... short passes... rotate the rb's all day.

we have 3 solid rb's to do this with...

Blazedby92
09-22-2010, 11:20 AM
i say, batch this week.. and run redman, mendy, dwyers all day. keep pounding them.

come out with a solid ground game package :lol: ... short passes... rotate the rb's all day.

we have 3 solid rb's to do this with...

:plus1::cope:

Layin the wood
09-22-2010, 11:39 AM
For me its pretty obvious. You Don't start leftwich unless he is 110% ready to play. With all the injuries on the o-line, he is hardly mobile enough when healthy to play with it; There is no way in hell he is even near that if he aint healthy.

:plus1: I would rather have Batch start then Leftwich with a bum knee!!!