PDA

View Full Version : Bryant Mcfadden

mwittman5
09-20-2010, 08:18 PM
guys is playing some good football right now. nice interception yesterday and did well on roddy white in week 1. sure white had 100 yds but he was just avoiding giving up big plays and some catches mcfadden guarded him as well as u can he just made nice catches. props to b-mac :cope:

DanRooney
09-21-2010, 02:07 AM
I always thought he was a better corner than Ike and thought it was a huge mistake when we let him go. Nice to see he's getting turnovers already.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-21-2010, 08:27 AM
I always thought he was a better corner than Ike and thought it was a huge mistake when we let him go. Nice to see he's getting turnovers already.

He and Ike are proto-typical Steelers corners. Big, physical, B-Mac has the hands but Ike has the speed. Im all for bringing in a young corner in the draft as long as he fits the mold. Some people say they wanted a 1st round CB, but there wasnt one this draft that fits our style of D.
Im a HUGE Ike Taylor fan but i can see where you would say you think B-Mac is better because when he gets his hands on the ball its curtains! I still love me some Ike Taylor though. I still dont know how, under cowher and tomlin B-mac couldnt beat out Deshea... blows my mind but dude is a gamer and i've liked him since we drafted him!

Layin the wood
09-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Its great to have B-Mac back again especially for a low round pick!!!

SteelCityKid5
09-21-2010, 12:06 PM
He struggled somewhat in Arizona but I think he fits well with our personnel. He knows the system and the players better too. So far, Im sure as hell glad hes back. Hes playing some good football.

LatrobePA
09-21-2010, 12:09 PM
He struggled somewhat in Arizona but I think he fits well with our personnel. He knows the system and the players better too. So far, Im sure as hell glad hes back. Hes playing some good football.

Agree 100%...:cope:

cmerrifield
09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
I am so glad to have him back too. I think its funny that all the sports writers are talking about the return of A. Smith and Troy making the defense great again, when I think it has as much to do with B-Mac. Dont get me wrong, the return of those two guys is huge, but our CB play has improved greatly.

chisteeler
09-21-2010, 02:25 PM
I would have to say that yes, as fans we are stoked about B-macs return, but the big picture is that I think that he's evn happier than we are about being back. Being able to play with such an all around steller group on Defense probably has him pumped every week!
Keep causing Hovoc "D"

Real Deal Steel
09-22-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm glad B-mac is back. takes some pressure off Troy.

tuggysteel822
09-22-2010, 02:18 AM
McFadden is playing real well. Corner play as a whole is. And Troy and Clark and just unreal. This defense is fun to watch.

coldrolled
09-22-2010, 09:04 AM
McFadden is playing real well. Corner play as a whole is. And Troy and Clark and just unreal. This defense is fun to watch.

and more fun to watch with a 14 point lead.

harpo
09-22-2010, 11:26 AM
And just think, some fans were pissed because the Steelers brought him back. :tt02:

Iron City South
09-24-2010, 09:40 PM

Couldn't agree with this post more. McFadd has better hands, ball awareness, and plays better man coverage than Ike.

Here's how it benefits Ike ...

Ike knows B-Mac is damn good, thus he plays up to the level of his competition on the other side of the field. When it was Ike and Gay last year, Ike had nobody to "play up" to.

In essance, B-Mac on our team makes Ike a better player. :yesnod:

DanRooney
09-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Couldn't agree with this post more. McFadd has better hands, ball awareness, and plays better man coverage than Ike.

Here's how it benefits Ike ...

Ike knows B-Mac is damn good, thus he plays up to the level of his competition on the other side of the field. When it was Ike and Gay last year, Ike had nobody to "play up" to.

In essance, B-Mac on our team makes Ike a better player. :yesnod:

Exactly dude.

I saw a video during training camp of McFadden and Gay running drills and during the backpedal portion, B-Mac looked SO much more fluid and quicker than Gay. He definitely is a significant upgrade over him at starting corner. But in Gay's defense, he's been pretty invisible (which is good for him) this season.

Root4Stlrs
09-25-2010, 12:28 AM
One of the commentators on Sirius NFL was commenting on how much Arizona's defense has declined this year. He specifically mentioned B-Mac along with others like Dansby being gone. He said he couldn't understand why Arizona traded B-Mac back to Pittsburgh and thought it was a big mistake.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-26-2010, 11:37 AM
One of the commentators on Sirius NFL was commenting on how much Arizona's defense has declined this year. He specifically mentioned B-Mac along with others like Dansby being gone. He said he couldn't understand why Arizona traded B-Mac back to Pittsburgh and thought it was a big mistake.

True, BMac is a step up for the secondary ... but the Steelers are the 17th ranked pass defense last I saw any stats. This is still the biggest problem for the D--BMac is a great start but we need more!