PDA

View Full Version : Steelers schedule the rest of the way...

Troyisabeast_43
09-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Now I know it's only 2 games into the season and it might be way too premature to say this at all especially after what happened last year with the Steelers losing to teams like Oakland,KC,and Cleveland when everybody and their mother thought they would all be W's. But so far this defense and this Steelers team through 2 games just looks like a different team and a team that is hell bent on proving people wrong and showing that they are back judging by Tomlin's comments in the post game press conference yesterday. The Steelers are playing with a huge huge chip on their shoulder. With all the being said, the schedule the rest of the way for the Steelers aside from that tough 4 game stretch in late October with the 3 straight road games in Miami,New Orleans,and Cincy, followed by the home game here with the Patriots does not look very tough at all. There are still 2 games with the Browns,Oakland at home,at Buffalo,home against Carolina,and even this week's game in Tampa Bay I dont think will be as hard as some people think because Tampa Bay is not as good as their 2-0 record.

The game this week in Tampa will be huge because a win puts the Steelers at 3-0 and whether the Ravens win or lose this week against the Browns it will really really put the pressure on the Ravens to win that game here in Pittsburgh in 2 weeks. The Steelers could essentially go up 3 games on the Ravens who I believe are the real competition in this division not the Bengals if they beat Tampa this week and beat the Ravens next week and move to 4-0. And like I said above if you start 4-0 without Ben and you still have 2 games remaining with the Browns,Oakland,Buffalo,and Carolina along with most of your tough games at home such as the Pats,Jets,and Bengals the Steelers are going to be sitting very very pretty heading into the last 12 games of the season. A win in Tampa this week is huge though and it will really put the heat on the Ravens coming in here with Interception Flacco having to face this defense the following week.

LatrobePA
09-20-2010, 12:36 PM
baby steps man! Great write up, but I need a few more weeks!

Layin the wood
09-20-2010, 12:54 PM

I agree 100%!!!:plus1:

nuclearchihuahuas
09-20-2010, 01:15 PM

Yep! I love the enthusiasm but history has taught us an injury to the wrong player at any given time can kill momentum. One game at a time!

blackandgold4ever
09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Yep! I love the enthusiasm but history has taught us an injury to the wrong player at any given time can kill momentum. One game at a time!

:plus1: Its too early, but I love the enthusiasm

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2010, 01:52 PM
I love 43's write ups, after every week we get an indepth breakdown of what the season looks like usually before the big media outlets have it.

A million and one things can change but it's fun to think about how things can turn out and what needs to happen for the Steelers to stay in the best shape for the post season.

LatrobePA
09-20-2010, 02:06 PM
I think about how badly Ben wants to get back in there and play with an edge to compliment the D's edge. It could be a thing of beauty!

steelcitysfinestXL
09-20-2010, 03:23 PM
I think about how badly Ben wants to get back in there and play with an edge to compliment the D's edge. It could be a thing of beauty!

:plus1: IF the defense can continue to be atleast solid (they have been LIGHTS out, i just want SOLID) i think Ben can come back and personally challange this Offense to match the play of this defense! And that has exciting possibilities.

Big T
09-20-2010, 03:39 PM
I said it yesterday and I'll say it again today.... When Ben comes back, this team is gonna be scary. Not only will our passing game open up, but that will cause the running game to as well. Mendy has been running real hard with all of the focus on him, and he's looked good. If he's looked good with no threat of a passing game, just imagine how good he can be once defenses have to account for Ben and the receivers and not be able to stack the box....

Thinking about it gets me excited as f*ck...

LatrobePA
09-20-2010, 04:02 PM
I said it yesterday and I'll say it again today.... When Ben comes back, this team is gonna be scary. Not only will our passing game open up, but that will cause the running game to as well. Mendy has been running real hard with all of the focus on him, and he's looked good. If he's looked good with no threat of a passing game, just imagine how good he can be once defenses have to account for Ben and the receivers and not be able to stack the box....

Sounds gay, but it gives me chills to even think about it!

K Train
09-20-2010, 04:08 PM
this defense will put up legendary numbers if it keeps going like this....7th in total defense and like 4th in rushing defense (after completely denying the best running game in the league)

if the saints allow more than 11 points tonight the steelers are the #1 in points allowed, timmons is 2nd in tackles (something i thought would never happen), harrison is 4th in sacks. the potential of this defense is unreal. chris johnson owes the steelers an apology for running scared like a little girl yesterday and not even testing them

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2010, 04:20 PM
The whole key is, the health of this unit. I think it's a safe assumption if they stay healthy or atleast relatively healthy this type of play should continue as the season goes on. The schedule gets tougher, but both the Titans and Falcons were picked to go into the playoffs this year. The falcons destroyed the Cards yesterday and the Titans won last week so it's not like we're beating slouches.

Opposing offenses are being forced into mistakes, the defense is making sick plays to create turnovers, the pass rush is getting there and they are tackling again. Everything that didn't happen last year is happening this year so far.

Blazedby92
09-20-2010, 04:28 PM

I have to say I have been the hardest on Mendy for not running hard N and S but man he has proven me wrong these last two games even the end of last year.

Troyisabeast_43
09-20-2010, 04:45 PM
this defense will put up legendary numbers if it keeps going like this....7th in total defense and like 4th in rushing defense (after completely denying the best running game in the league)

if the saints allow more than 11 points tonight the steelers are the #1 in points allowed, timmons is 2nd in tackles (something i thought would never happen), harrison is 4th in sacks. the potential of this defense is unreal. chris johnson owes the steelers an apology for running scared like a little girl yesterday and not even testing them

That's why I said while it's still a little early to make predictions for the last 14 games if this defense continues to dominate at the level it has so far and is capable of once Ben gets back and this offense develops a legit passing attack the Steelers are going to be very very tough to beat. I look at this schedule the rest of the way and when Ben comes back while there are a bunch of tough games I really dont see that many losses in the Steelers future if this defense continues to dominate like they have done so far and Ben comes back and this offense starts clicking like we all know it can. The odds right now of the Steelers with this current defense as long as it stays healthy all season with the likes of Troy,Smith,Harrison etc, laying an egg to teams like Cleveland twice,Oakland,Buffalo,Carolina,and even Tampa Bay like the Steelers did last season with teams like the Chiefs,Raiders,and Browns is highly highly unlikely.

SteelCityKid5
09-20-2010, 05:36 PM
One game at a time. I get what youre saying but it's still only Week 3. I like where were at and where we could possibly be heading though!

75Steeler
09-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Defense looked awesome. I just wish they would give Redman the ball more. The kid is a powerhouse.

coach
09-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Tampa has only beaten two poor teams but they are an improved lot. If we can simply take care of business and don't overlook the bucs given we have had two tough games and Baltimore visits the following week. Just avoid the trap game this week and things look promising.
I love the depth this year and how it seems to be paying off and will help the whole D stay healthy as they grind it out. What I am most happy about is that we beat two solid teams to earn the acolades and a 2-0 start.

Speaking of depth, ARE may be worth the signing this year as a potential QB on the depth chart. His catches will just be gravy if we have any more knee injuries.

Blazedby92
09-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I'd rather have jason cambell as my QB before ARE the signing of ARE was absolutly one of the most ridculous thing Tomlin has done. He didn't do much if anything when he was in his prime if he even had a prime know he is even worse than before. Seriously I only remember that one play in the SB that he has even impressed me and he has been milking that play for years now and the same went for Willie.

Troyisabeast_43
09-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Tampa has only beaten two poor teams but they are an improved lot. If we can simply take care of business and don't overlook the bucs given we have had two tough games and Baltimore visits the following week. Just avoid the trap game this week and things look promising.
I love the depth this year and how it seems to be paying off and will help the whole D stay healthy as they grind it out. What I am most happy about is that we beat two solid teams to earn the acolades and a 2-0 start.

Speaking of depth, ARE may be worth the signing this year as a potential QB on the depth chart. His catches will just be gravy if we have any more knee injuries.

That's the only way I believe the Steelers lose this game in Tampa is if they overlook the Bucs and look ahead to the huge showdown with the Ravens next week. The Bucs while they may be improved I believe they just do not have enough to beat the Steelers with the way this defense is playing right now. Josh Freeman is still essentially a rookie QB and I just do not see him being able to do much against Lebeau and this Steelers D. I look for Lebeau to confuse him early and often in this game. These are the kind of matchups where Lebeau when he prepares for a team and he knows he is facing a rookie QB is sitting their licking his chops...The bottom line is the Steelers pretty much need to win this game and can not afford to have a let down and give the Ravens some new life when they come in here next weekend. There will be no excuses to not beat a team like Tampa who simply put is just not as good as the Steelers. A loss this week to a team like the Bucs will pretty much cancel out these first 2 wins the Steelers had against two pretty decent teams in Atlanta and Tennessee. You gotta take care of business in these kinds of games and beat teams like Tampa Bay which I believe the Steelers will do...

Black@Gold Forever32
09-20-2010, 09:49 PM

The Steelers defense has the potential to be one of the best of alltime......They have that look about them so far.......I think the Steelers defense owes Johnson an apology for making him quit and taking his hear........Johnson clearly said No Mas in the 2nd half yesterday........:lol:

Scorp
09-21-2010, 06:44 PM
I got that feeling about this 2010 team like the 2008 team. Great things are going to happen should we play smart and not trip over our own feet. This season is going to be very exciting. If the Steelers made the playoffs last year, would they have made it to the big game? We'll never know that. But what is in the past is done and forgotten. One Steeler said last season no one wants to play the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs. It's true. Cause when they get in without having to need help, it's all going to be over for the rest who get in their way baby.

Troyisabeast_43
09-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Still a lot more wins left on this schedule for the Steelers as I said last week when breaking down this schedule. 2 games still with the Browns,and one with Carolina,Oakland,and Buffalo which should be 5 wins right there and get the Steelers to 8 wins. Then, all you have to do then to get to 11 or 12 wins is win 3 or 4 games between the 2 each with Baltimore and Cincy,Miami,New Orleans,New England,and the Jets. Things are really shaking out well for the Steelers as this season goes forward...