PDA

View Full Version : Leftwich re-signed back to active roster

StlersGuy
09-20-2010, 07:30 AM
I heard that we resigned Leftwich buy can not find anything about doing so on Steelers or ESPN site.

coldrolled
09-20-2010, 07:41 AM
when he comes back... who will be cut????

JensK
09-20-2010, 07:42 AM
McLandon will most probably be signed to PS again

edit: I am not thinking clearly. No he wont, they need the depth. Dunno to be honest.

coldrolled
09-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Right... maybe we should get rid of randel L

LatrobePA
09-20-2010, 08:49 AM

Him or Foote, both of whom suck ***!!

Dsep is on my **** list today as well. Still can't believe we spent a 4th rounder on his ***!:stirpot:

Layin the wood
09-20-2010, 08:52 AM

:plus1: Pick up BL just for the next couple weeks then let him go also!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Are you guys drunk..LOL. DSep has been stellar both games so far, Foote has been a saving grace when he plays for Farrior. Stop taking the crazy pills :lol:

I haven't been able to confirm if Lefty was brought back yet or not either but I would imagine it will be today at some point.

LatrobePA
09-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Are you guys drunk..LOL. DSep has been stellar both games so far, Foote has been a saving grace when he plays for Farrior. Stop taking the crazy pills :lol:

I haven't been able to confirm if Lefty was brought back yet or not either but I would imagine it will be today at some point.

All I saw was Foote whiffing! lol

Dsep dropping them the endzone had me PO'd, he had a great first game.

82 is just plain bad, no good!

Lefty if healthy should get a chance, the Dixon experiment is over, just like BA said, he got broke!

SnakeEyes43
09-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Him or Foote, both of whom suck ***!!

Dsep is on my **** list today as well. Still can't believe we spent a 4th rounder on his ***!:stirpot:

What? I thought DSep had played pretty good the last two games...he had a few very good punts yesterday. I would agree that at this point, El is very expendable. Brown and Sanders can both step up to replace him.

LatrobePA
09-20-2010, 09:42 AM
What? I thought DSep had played pretty good the last two games...he had a few very good punts yesterday. I would agree that at this point, El is very expendable. Brown and Sanders can both step up to replace him.

Dsep = Flacco at times, overrated and chokes often. I do agree he had a great first game at home, we'll see, he is better than Berger, but then again we won a SB with Berger, so the jury is out for me...:popcorn:

blackandgold4ever
09-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Dsep played well IMO and shouldnt be in the conversation, but I do agree that 82 is expendable although all the passes to him at this point has been in the dirt. Once ben gets back the old Randle El may return, but he has no business returning punts.

LatrobePA
09-20-2010, 10:18 AM
The old Randel L is right! Brown IMO earned his spot...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2010, 10:50 AM
All I saw was Foote whiffing! lol

Dsep dropping them the endzone had me PO'd, he had a great first game.

82 is just plain bad, no good!

Lefty if healthy should get a chance, the Dixon experiment is over, just like BA said, he got broke!

He had a few yesterday that hit around the 5 but the coverage wasn't down there to help down them. He's booted some serious punts so far so I can't complain about what he's doing.

I can't argue much about ARE, Im really hoping that Sanders and Brown get more and more playing time and by the mid point of the season both of them should be regulars running in the 3rd and 4th WR spots.

franchise3
09-20-2010, 11:49 AM
I wish that Sweed was on the team so we wouldn't have this discussion :)

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Just confirmed via a tweet from Schefter that Leftwich has been resigned to the active roster today.

Troyisabeast_43
09-20-2010, 04:52 PM
If Leftwich is healthy and ready to go this week he will start versus the Bucs Sunday in Tampa you gotta believe.

Steel Trap86
09-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Leftwich is going to start this weekend imo, Dixon doesn't seem to be healthy enough and we need him back for the Ravens

Troyisabeast_43
09-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Leftwich is going to start this weekend imo, Dixon doesn't seem to be healthy enough and we need him back for the Ravens

If Leftwich plays well and shows enough life in the passing game this week against Tampa Bay then there is no way in hell that Tomlin is going to go back to Dixon against the Ravens here in 2 weeks. Look people can say it's early all they want here but getting these next 2 wins here especially winning the game against the Ravens would be absolutely huge. The Steelers should they start 4-0 and get Ben back would then put themselves essentially 3 games ahead of the Ravens with the tiebraker in hand should they beat them here in 13 days. Plus, the Bengals while I still am not sold on them got a huge win yesterday beating the Ravens and their schedule gets pretty easy the next 3 games having the Panthers,Browns,and Bucs before their bye week in mid October. The Steelers need these next 2 wins very badly and starting Leftwich at QB if he is healthy gives them the best chance to do so in my opinion...

steelersbabex25
09-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Surprise surprise. Side note: DSep is awesome! Compared to our last punter he is for sure..

DanRooney
09-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Sepulveda helped us win the first game so I'm surprised to hear all of the complaining. His hang time is stellar on all of his points. He could have pinned the Titans late in the game a few times but give the guy a break.

SteelCityKid5
09-20-2010, 05:34 PM
:eek1:...get out!

Troyisabeast_43
09-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Sepulveda helped us win the first game so I'm surprised to hear all of the complaining. His hang time is stellar on all of his points. He could have pinned the Titans late in the game a few times but give the guy a break.

Im with you on the list of problems right now on the Steelers current roster and on the team as a whole Daniel Sepulveda is near the bottom of that list...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2010, 08:22 AM
We should get an update hopefully later today on how Leftwich did in practice. If his knee holds out I'd be willing to bet he'll the nod. At this point though it's anybody's guess.

Layin the wood
09-21-2010, 10:42 AM
BL may get the start this week but i dont know if i want ol' cement shoes in there against the Ratbirds next week!!! :imho: I would start CB the next 2 games!

LatrobePA
09-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Very awkward position to be in! Now we know how the other 28 teams feel that don't have a reliable QB!!

DanRooney
09-21-2010, 02:44 PM
I think we really need to re-evaluate our QB depth after Ben comes back. What was once thought of as good depth behind our franchise is pretty laughable now that we've seen all 3 of these guys play. What happens if Ben gets hurt this season?

I'm all in for signing another guy who can actually throw the ball.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-21-2010, 02:49 PM
I've got a bad feeling about this game. I don't know why but it feels like a "trap" game. I hope the Defense has enough left in the tank after the titans game to play with the same intensity in this one. Most of us and probably them are "assuming" (you know what that means) the Steelers will win this game-as well they should-however, if Lefty can't go or only goes for a short period of time before his knee gives out, and Batch gets killed because the o-line isn't what it should be and neither is he really, and the Steelers are notorious for playing to the level of their opponent--I just have a very bad feeling--don't like it at all. OK now that I've said it, I will take three steps backwards, turn around and spit so there is no bad mojo. :reddevil:

igor0190
09-21-2010, 02:57 PM
I really would have liked the Steelers to sign someone like Marc Bulger...
Heck, even Troy Smith might have been a good signing for us.

Let's hope Leftwich can go this week and surprise us with a good outing!

LatrobePA
09-21-2010, 03:08 PM
BL can stretch the field which is a good thing, even if it falls incomplete, it'll show we aren't just gonna line up and run the ball.

So at this point I'm all for lead feet to come in and win the last two for us!

Troyisabeast_43
09-21-2010, 04:06 PM
I've got a bad feeling about this game. I don't know why but it feels like a "trap" game. I hope the Defense has enough left in the tank after the titans game to play with the same intensity in this one. Most of us and probably them are "assuming" (you know what that means) the Steelers will win this game-as well they should-however, if Lefty can't go or only goes for a short period of time before his knee gives out, and Batch gets killed because the o-line isn't what it should be and neither is he really, and the Steelers are notorious for playing to the level of their opponent--I just have a very bad feeling--don't like it at all. OK now that I've said it, I will take three steps backwards, turn around and spit so there is no bad mojo. :reddevil:

This is a different Steelers team and defense this season compared to last season and I just cannot see them letting a guy like Josh Freeman who doesnt even have a year of QB experience in the NFL under his belt beat them with as good as this defense is playing now. Freeman and the Bucs I believe are going to be in for a long bad day in Tampa on Sunday.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-21-2010, 07:50 PM
I really would have liked the Steelers to sign someone like Marc Bulger...
Heck, even Troy Smith might have been a good signing for us.

Let's hope Leftwich can go this week and surprise us with a good outing!

Seriously, why didn't we go after Troy Smith? He is athletic as heck and can throw an accurate ball...works for me...at least in the interim

Root4Stlrs
09-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Seriously, why didn't we go after Troy Smith? He is athletic as heck and can throw an accurate ball...

A heckuva lot more accurate than Joe Flacco :lol:

steelcitysfinestXL
09-22-2010, 07:24 AM
[QUOTE=LatrobePA;363229]BL can stretch the field which is a good thing, even if it falls incomplete, it'll show we aren't just gonna line up and run the ball.
QUOTE]

:plus1: Thats been my point since after week 1. BL being in the game means teams cant stack the line of scrimmage. They have to respect the deep ball esp. with Mike Wallace. If they dont it could REALLY be a long game because Lefty throws a hell of a deep ball and neither Barber or Talib can run with Wallace. I dont care if Lefty isnt 100%... hell he wanted to play week 1!!! He's ready and I've seen about all i wanna see from Charlie Batch. Yes, Batch can make short and intermediate throws... but once again, with "Captain Checkdown" in the game defenses are going to put 8 in the box. With Lefty the defense gets stretched and more lanes opne for our play makers like Mende Miller Wallace and Ward.