PDA

View Full Version : You can't coach what Polamalu can do...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2010, 05:57 PM
That sack late in the game on 2nd and goal, I mean seriously! He knew they were going to try and quick snap it, and timed that jump over the line to perfection. The crowd wanted offsides but there was no way, as he was approaching the line it was snapped and he just came right down on top of Collins.

His INT was amazing too, but that goal line play was the play of the year so far in my opinion.

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Even if he doesn't do anything at all during the game, his presence alone makes all the difference. He gives the other guys confidence and forces the opponent to throw where he isn't. Just all around an amazing player.

Real Deal Steel
09-19-2010, 06:06 PM
He's the best safety in the game. Nuff said.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2010, 06:22 PM
A healthy Troy does make all the difference. Same with a healthy, active, Timmons flying around everywhere. Troy just makes play after play, and you can tell that he is starting to get his sea legs back and playing with more confidence and aggressiveness. He is still over playing some ball carriers but he's getting better each week and definitely looking like the Troy of old.

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Timmons is finally being what we all thought he was gonna be. He's a monster.

Real Deal Steel
09-19-2010, 06:24 PM
I like the kid Freeman. But my advice for him next week is don't think about running. Timmons will hit you. Timmons will hurt you. And Harrison is all buisness right now too.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Troy played one hell of game today no doubt and I agree with you 100 percent....I can man up when Troy plays great.....You just have to understand I'm hard on the players that are supposed to be great....Just how I am......That was one of Troy's best games ever......

Just sucks that are Super Bowl hopes really rely on a healthy Troy.....I will do whatever I need to do to make sure he stays healthy....Pray to the Football Gods.....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Troy played one hell of game today no doubt and I agree with you 100 percent....I can man up when Troy plays great.....You just have to understand I'm hard on the players that are supposed to be great....Just how I am......That was one of Troy's best games ever......

Just sucks that are Super Bowl hopes really rely on a healthy Troy.....I will do whatever I need to do to make sure he stays healthy....Pray to the Football Gods.....

Im saying a prayer everyday to the football gods for him to stay healthy too man. This defense is on a mission this year and they are playing lights out. He was off in week 1 but still made some plays. He was on big time today and hopefully only going to continue to get better.

Scorp
09-19-2010, 08:11 PM
With The Lord anything is possible. Troy has been given a great gift and is sharing it with the whole world. I'm so greatful he wears the black and gold. Bless that boy.

airbrake 1
09-19-2010, 09:06 PM
wow it's really great to see a players at the zenith of his athletic ability troy is an absolute amazing talent...let's just pray he stays healthy...and james harrison is just plain and simply the meanest player in the nfl, this was a title given to greg lloyd by jerry glanville back in the 90's i believe... and i believe james' mean streak matches up very favorably with greg lloyd's intensity...if troy can finish off his career the same way it has started get another spot in canton ready, i would love to see the bronze bust of troy with the flowing locks of hair:tt02:

igor0190
09-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Timmons has put this Defense over the top. He is another insanely talented athlete (like troy) who has put it all together. Stop and think about the talent on this defense for a second. Harrison, Timmons, Woodley, Polamalu, Aaron Smith, Hampton... All potential pro-bowlers at their positions. It really is ridiculous.

There's no way we shouldn't be in ANY game this year. Any oddsmaker who favors another team by more than 3 is absolutely crazy at this point after what i've seen.

roosterray
09-19-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm dreaming of what the 7th title ring will look like :)

Real Deal Steel
09-19-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm dreaming of what the 7th title ring will look like :)

Is Troy the best safety in Steelers history?

ejsteeler
09-19-2010, 09:38 PM
That was an amazing play and extremely smart. Even he goes off sides, which he wasn't, what does he lose, 2-3 inches for half the distance? Absolutely brilliant football player.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-19-2010, 10:23 PM
That sack late in the game on 2nd and goal, I mean seriously! He knew they were going to try and quick snap it, and timed that jump over the line to perfection. The crowd wanted offsides but there was no way, as he was approaching the line it was snapped and he just came right down on top of Collins.

His INT was amazing too, but that goal line play was the play of the year so far in my opinion.

Can't wait to see the highlights on the tube tonite. might be better than the game itself. I couldn't believe my eyes on that. It reminded me of 2005 when Troy was all over the field of play and always showed up in someone's face out of nowhere to stop a sure winning moment. He is just un fn beweebable.

coldrolled
09-20-2010, 08:49 AM
When timmons picked up johnson and planted him. you knew the 100 yard day was over...

Root4Stlrs
09-20-2010, 09:15 AM
When timmons picked up johnson and planted him. you knew the 100 yard day was over...

Like Hines Ward said - Johnson gave up because he was tired of getting hit.

Layin the wood
09-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Troy is a beast!!! He is the best all-round safety in the league and a sure bet to make it to the HOF!!!:cope:

blackandgold4ever
09-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Absolutely amazing performance by the defense as a whole, but troy is an animal. God did I miss him last year. I pray he stays healthy

LatrobePA
09-20-2010, 11:33 AM
30 years from now, will our kids/ grandchildren be reading about this defense like I do the 70's D??

Timmons, Harrison, Woodley, Troy, Smith, Hampton???? They put on a show yesterday!

Keep it up!!

Moondog
09-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Troy is Spiderman.