PDA

View Full Version : This win today puts the Steelers in great shape in the AFC North...

Troyisabeast_43
09-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Especially seeing that the Browns lost as well and are now 0-2 and the Bengals beat the Ravens to put them both at 1-1. The Ravens despite having all these receivers still have no offense and Joe Flacco is a complete dud when the game is on the line late in the 4th quarter. The Bengals are no better either I still think they are not what they appear to be either and once Ben comes back and the Steelers play them in Cincy in November they will have their way with the Bengals. This win against the Titans today is huge combined with the Ravens losing today to the Bengals because it now really is going to put the pressure on the Ravens to win that game in Pittsburgh in 2 weeks now assuming the Steelers win next week in Tampa Bay which I think they will and move to 3-0. The Ravens I believe are the real threat in the division in the end and not the Bengals and a win next week in Tampa will really set the Steelers up well and in a good position to really put the Ravens in an early hole if they dont win here in 2 weeks. That's why it's very important that the Steelers get this qb situation figured out and start the guy that's going to give them the best chance to get this passing game going. That guy I believe is Byron Leftwich and I start him next week in Tampa and against the Ravens the following week if he is healthy. But man you cannot ask for a better scenario to play out for the Steelers these first few weeks without Ben going 2-0 and having the Browns go 0-2 and both the Bengals and Ravens at 1-1. They are in great shape early on and this defense looks absolutely sick right now and once Ben comes back this offense and the passing game will find it's groove as well...

nuclearchihuahuas
09-19-2010, 05:41 PM
We may be able to limp through the next game hoping we figure out the QB and o-line before Baltimore comes in!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2010, 05:47 PM
The offensive juggernaut Ravens & Bengals :lol: We all knew those big signings don't guarantee anything.

All I know is, we are 2-0 and there is 2 games to go until Ben comes back. We need him in the worst way. We have ourselves up in a great way to start out the season and you can't ask for anything better right now.

xxxsteelernation
09-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Hopefully our D can hold up again if dixon is out for Tampa bay. but i would rather dixon heal up before the ravens anyhow. I would rather have dixon behind center for the ravens game then batch or lefty.

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Damn..we need a knock on wood smiley so I don't have to keep saying it..knock on wood. On a side note, wasn't the Ravens amazing offense supposed to carry them into the superbowl :thinking:

HUNT4SEVEN
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM
JOE FAGGO threw 4 INTS today i can't wait to c them week 4, also we will be 4-0 when Ben comes back thanks to our defense they are really holding us down...F the so called experts i said it last week this divison belongs to us:tt02:

Troyisabeast_43
09-19-2010, 06:00 PM
I didnt see one person in the media pick the Steelers to win this game. They all said that the Titans would have too many weapons for the Steelers defense to contain and that they would not be able to shut down Chris Johnson enough. Boy wonder how that turned out for them?? lol...

--- Added 9/19/2010 at 04:00 PM ---

JOE FAGGO threw 4 INTS today i can't wait to c them week 4, also we will be 4-0 when Ben comes back thanks to our defense they are really holding us down...F the so called experts i said it last week this divison belongs to us:tt02:

Like 32 said earlier last week Flacco squats to pee when it counts late in the game and he did so once again today against the Bengals. If the Ravens think they are going to win a Super Bowl with that guy they need to have their heads examined. Flacco is an overrated piece of garbage and so is the entire Ravens team. The pressure will really be on them in 2 weeks when they come into Heinz Field if the Steelers can win in Tampa next week and move to 3-0.

Real Deal Steel
09-19-2010, 06:05 PM
I told everyone we would be 3-1 atleast. We are in the drivers seat now and our defense is clearly the best in the NFL.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Damn..we need a knock on wood smiley so I don't have to keep saying it..knock on wood. On a side note, wasn't the Ravens amazing offense supposed to carry them into the superbowl :thinking:

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/15_10_2.gif

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 06:29 PM
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/15_10_2.gif

Needs to be official :lol:

Zachintosh66
09-19-2010, 06:34 PM
We all said we'd be in good shape if we were 2-2 when Ben comes back... right now thats the worst case senerio :towel:

Give it up to the defense! We knew they would have to carry us!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Great thread.........I agree everything 100 percent.........I was rooting for the Bengals today even though I felt really dirty about it....lol I just didn't want to see the Ravens start 2-0.......Flacco was his usual choke job self with the game on the line......I know saying a QB has the so called it is so cliche.....But its true when it comes to comparing Flacco with Ben........Flacco has the golden arm but doesn't have it up stairs when it counts.....Just like Palmer......

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Flacco has the golden arm but doesn't have it up stairs when it counts.....Just like Palmer......

His golden arm looked more like dirt today.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-19-2010, 06:49 PM
His golden arm looked more like dirt today.

If you think I was praising Joe Flacco you're mistaken 100 percent.......A QB can have the strongest arm but it doesn't matter if a QB can't get it down when it counts which is what I have always said about Flacco....He squats to pee when it counts......Flacco has a cannon arm but until he proves it crunch time he will always be over-rated in my book....Maybe you understand now?

JensK
09-19-2010, 06:53 PM
The next two games will be huge. Wishful thinking, but should we win the next 2, we'll not only be 4-0, but we'll be 4-0 in AFC, 1-0 in the division, and we'll have Browns at home, after the bye week with Big Ben in the game which, judging by the way Browns is playing right now, should be more or less a walkover. That means we potentially could be 5-0 in AFC with 2-0 in the division.

With that being said, Both Tampa and Ravens are playing pretty good. Tampa just won over Panthers, and Ravens are playing pretty lightouts defense just like Steelers. Both game is going to be really hard, Tampa because it's @ Tampa, because of the heat and because Tampa, as i said, are pretty decent right now.

Ravens are always hard fought games, and at the moment there are no indications that our offense, without Big Ben, is able to put points on the board, and Ravens are playing good defense again this year. Besides, while we all think their Offense suck, we have to remember that so does ours, and I have to say that i do believe that their offense is better than ours without Big Ben in there.

Both are games thats possible to win, but we'll have to play like we did against Titans to do so.

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 06:57 PM
If you think I was praising Joe Flacco you're mistaken 100 percent.......A QB can have the strongest arm but it doesn't matter if a QB can't get it down when it counts which is what I have always said about Flacco....He squats to pee when it counts......Flacco has a cannon arm but until he proves it crunch time he will always be over-rated in my book....Maybe you understand now?

No I was just adding on to what you were saying..not correcting you.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-19-2010, 07:13 PM
No I was just adding on to what you were saying..not correcting you.

My bad when you just quoted part of my post it looked like I was praising Flacco.....I hate Flacco and think he one of the most over-rated players in the NFL.....I just get fired up when trashing Flacco....I had to do it work this week due to this guy I work with in declaring the Ravens the team to beat and Flacco was better then Ben.....lol

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 07:16 PM
My bad when you just quoted part of my post it looked like I was praising Flacco.....I hate Flacco and think he one of the most over-rated players in the NFL.....I just get fired up when trashing Flacco....I had to do it work this week due to this guy I work with in declaring the Ravens the team to beat and Flacco was better then Ben.....lol

Nope I agreed 100% with that post. Especially when everyone was picking the Ravens to go to the superbowl on Flacco's back.

Zachintosh66
09-19-2010, 07:32 PM
.Flacco has the golden arm but doesn't have it up stairs when it counts.....Just like Palmer......

and Romo...

steel-tex
09-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Homo ...

Scorp
09-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Nice win boys. good job.

Troyisabeast_43
09-19-2010, 08:40 PM
I quoted you earlier in this thread 32 when I said what you said that Flacco squats to pee when it counts and he truly does. He is an int machine when the game is on the line and I look for that to continue in 2 weeks when the Steelers pick him off at Heinz Field. Great minds think alike here bro as we seem to agree on a lot of things lol...

igor0190
09-19-2010, 09:11 PM
I quoted you earlier in this thread 32 when I said what you said that Flacco squats to pee when it counts and he truly does. He is an int machine when the game is on the line and I look for that to continue in 2 weeks when the Steelers pick him off at Heinz Field. Great minds think alike here bro as we seem to agree on a lot of things lol...

:lol::lol::lol:
Squats when he pees! Lol that's too good.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-19-2010, 09:22 PM

1 TD and 6 INT's is Flacco's stat line in his play-off starts.......I also think he has a completion percentage under 50%......I'm a Pitt fan and I remember when Flacco was at Pitt behind Tyler Palko.......He couldn't hack it at Pitt and couldn't beat out Flacco......From then on I just didn't he had the so called it factor.....He has a cannon arm but if that is what made a great QB then Jeff George would have been a great QB......lol

Now Flacco in time could prove me wrong but he hasn't showed anything in crunch for me to think other wise........

ejsteeler
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
I didnt see one person in the media pick the Steelers to win this game. They all said that the Titans would have too many weapons for the Steelers defense to contain and that they would not be able to shut down Chris Johnson enough. Boy wonder how that turned out for them?? lol....

Shefter actually picked us to win. I don't remember seeing anyone else though. Gotta love it. Go Steelers!!! :cope:

Real Deal Steel
09-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Flacco has reached his goal of leading the league in picks going into week 3. Hahah