PDA

View Full Version : Steelers need some offense!

LatrobePA
09-19-2010, 05:31 PM
It's bad. If we could get just a little this team would be blowing games out!

BA this was the worse game since you've been sending them in!

--- Added 9/19/2010 at 03:31 PM ---

I'm not trying to stur the pot, just stating the obvious!

nuclearchihuahuas
09-19-2010, 05:31 PM
We need an o-line--we better draft well this year. Right now we need to trade/bring in a left tackle and better backup guards

LatrobePA
09-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Tomlin was dealt a bad hand today, kudos to him...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Honestly, this wasn't going to be a pass fest on offense today. Dixon was 4/6 for 18 yds. You have to credit Tennessee's defense as much as anything. They were on fire today too. This was a game where turnovers told the tale. They allowed us to stay in FG range and let Skippy Reed help win this for them.

That opening kickoff TD was the absolute deciding factor in this game. If we don't have that there's no guarantee we win this one at all.

I can't fault Arians for the run run run run offense late in the 4th quarter. By then it was apparent that this was a defensive kind of day. His plan was to not let the offense lose it for us. Batch did have a few nice throws, and Wallace dropped that huge play. Overall yes our offense is just trying to get by till Ben comes back. All I know is the defense realizes they are going to have to step up their game tremendously and so far they have responded.

LatrobePA
09-19-2010, 05:33 PM
I have no problem with the run run run, just run run run to the outside once in a while...LOL

HUNT4SEVEN
09-19-2010, 05:38 PM
WE NEED BEN BACK ASAP

harpo
09-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Honestly, this wasn't going to be a pass fest on offense today. Dixon was 4/6 for 18 yds. You have to credit Tennessee's defense as much as anything. They were on fire today too. This was a game where turnovers told the tale. They allowed us to stay in FG range and let Skippy Reed help win this for them.

That opening kickoff TD was the absolute deciding factor in this game. If we don't have that there's no guarantee we win this one at all.

I can't fault Arians for the run run run run offense late in the 4th quarter. By then it was apparent that this was a defensive kind of day. His plan was to not let the offense lose it for us. Batch did have a few nice throws, and Wallace dropped that huge play. Overall yes our offense is just trying to get by till Ben comes back. All I know is the defense realizes they are going to have to step up their game tremendously and so far they have responded.

I most definitely agree. I think we'll be fine once Ben comes back because teams won't be stacking 8 in the box forcing Ben to beat them. Teams will have to change the way they play us once Ben's is back under center.

Troyisabeast_43
09-19-2010, 05:41 PM
The fact that the Steelers are 2-0 and have yet to throw a TD pass just goes to show you how well this defense is playing. I believe starting Leftwich gives the Steelers the best chance to get this passing game going once and for all the next 2 weeks before Ben comes back. Who would have thought that Tampa would be 2-0 facing them next week that's a huge surprise as well...

LatrobePA
09-19-2010, 05:44 PM
The fact that the Steelers are 2-0 and have yet to throw a TD pass just goes to show you how well this defense is playing. I believe starting Leftwich gives the Steelers the best chance to get this passing game going once and for all the next 2 weeks before Ben comes back. Who would have thought that Tampa would be 2-0 facing them next week that's a huge surprise as well...

Very true, just think what if!

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 05:46 PM
12 points off 7 turnovers? And with I think it was 3 or 4 of the turnovers in Titans territory. That's abysmal. But we can't really expect much more until Ben is back. Defense must have been getting pissed though..

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
WE NEED BEN BACK ASAP
two more games and that chapter in steelers history will be done. thank god.

K Train
09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
im ok with run run run FG for 2 more weeks

LatrobePA
09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
im ok with run run run FG for 2 more weeks

2 down 2 to go!:cope:

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-19-2010, 06:07 PM
How bout run run run Td? Maybe?

Real Deal Steel
09-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Arians is a bum. Plan and simple.

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 06:15 PM
How bout run run run Td? Maybe?

It's the least you could ask for when the offense gets the ball at the 20 yard line twice a game.

mos07
09-19-2010, 06:17 PM
We are 2-0, correct? Handle Tampa and pray for the best against the Ravens and then it's on!!!!!!!!!!

Ben, your team has stepped up - you do the same.......

Real Deal Steel
09-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Ben, your team has stepped up - you do the same.......

Ben has to be pumped! With a chip on his shoulder too? Everybody discounted us. Now we make them all pay.

LatrobePA
09-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Think our D has a chip on their shoulder??? What until Ben comes back!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Ktrain made a good point, I mean honestly we'd all love to see the Steelers scoring 24, 27, 30, points or more on offense but the reality is we are winning on defense and we are 2-0. Our offense won't be the same until Ben comes back, nor should we expect as such. We have to win with great defense, solid kicking game, and as good a running game as we can get. Control the clock, and get a few big plays from the passing game, and just hold on till after the bye.

Not to mention keep in mind we had no Starks in there, and Hills got eaten alive as did Scott so the protection was off on that side all day. That doesn't help much. You have to credit the TN defense too.

Big T
09-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Just think of how good this team can be when Ben comes back. This is getting me excited as f*ck.

Zachintosh66
09-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah FG wont win us the big games... 7 turnovers should had at least 40pts on the board

Black@Gold Forever32
09-19-2010, 06:54 PM
I don't understand the complaining one bit....I'm usually critical myself but I'm thrilled a 2-0 start especially a win in Tenn. were the Steelers usually play like ****......The defense is back to 2008 form......I guess I'm just shocked that some expected an offensive juggernaut with Ben out....I knew the offense would struggle without Ben and all the injuries the last few weeks sure havn't helped the offense....

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 06:56 PM
I don't understand the complaining one bit....I'm usually critical myself but I'm thrilled a 2-0 start especially a win in Tenn. were the Steelers usually play like ****......The defense is back to 2008 form......I guess I'm just shocked that some expected an offensive juggernaut with Ben out....I knew the offense would struggle without Ben and all the injuries the last few weeks sure havn't helped the offense....

I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't have another heart attack this week. I mean, even with Batch or Dixon in, 12 points off of 7 turnovers is pretty weak.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Im right with you 32, this unit is not an offensive anything right now. They are a group down to the 4th string QB. They are a team minus their starting RT and they lost their starting RG today for atleast the duration of the game. This team isn't going to light up the scoreboard on offense. We're 2-0, and that's pretty decent IMO. We can talk about how great the defense was all day, and they were, but the fact is we need them to be because the offense is just going to be a struggle for another couple weeks.

Steeler fans are up in arms on the post game call in shows too, relax people, we won. It wasn't pretty on offense and there some issues but Ben is coming back soon and we'll hopefully get key players back next week.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-19-2010, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't have another heart attack this week. I mean, even with Batch or Dixon in, 12 points off of 7 turnovers is pretty weak.

I never said the offense wasn't weak.....But did you watch the game?.....How many OL were dropping like flies today?.......At one point the Steelers had their 3rd string LT in the game.....lol Plus Flo Adams the starting RT had to leave for some snaps due to the heat.....Essex was also hurt........So with basically the 4th string QB in Batch and a make shift OL constantly the entire game the offense was going to struggle.......Especially considering Jeff Fisher coached teams always play the Steelers tough.....The Steelers were 1-8 lifetime in Tenn. before today.....I'm then thrilled with the Steelers win......

You guys better get use to it until Ben is back the offense will continue to have performances like this........So far the defense and special teams have carried the load and will continue to do so for the next two games.........

Steel Trap86
09-19-2010, 07:10 PM
I agree with the title of this thread, this offense looks TERRIBLE. But I can't complain we WON with a terrible offense and a LIGHTS OUT defense. 2-0 and Flacco looks like **** run over twice, the Steelers can be 4-0 by the bye week, its all up to the D!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah FG wont win us the big games... 7 turnovers should had at least 40pts on the board

The Steelers only have one big game without Ben and that is the first Ravens game......But every game in the NFL is a big game in my opinion.......I just have less expectation of this offense without Ben and really the heat had alot to do with the OL in shambles today and Starks was already out to begin with.....To me the game was never in doubt since it was clear early on the defense had their A-game......

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm definitely used to it..but when the offense gets the ball at the opponents 20 twice a game. I don't know, I was just expecting SOMETHING. Even just 10 yards maybe..they literally did nothing all day, it was just defense.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-19-2010, 07:17 PM
{QUOTE=steelersbabex25;362743]I'm definitely used to it..but when the offense gets the ball at the opponents 20 twice a game. I don't know, I was just expecting SOMETHING. Even just 10 yards maybe..they literally did nothing all day, it was just defense.[/QUOTE]

I know what you're saying and I would tend to agree with you....But I have no confidence with Batch behind our OL especially when the heat was taking its toll on them......The heat in my opinion crippled our OL and running game more then the Titans defense.....With the musical chairs along the OL today really prevented the OL from gaining any kind of flow.......

But if the Steelers continue to struggle scoring points off turn overs it will hurt them and even a team like the Bucs could pull the upset.....I just knew the defense was going to fold today.....They had that special look to them today........

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 07:24 PM
But if the Steelers continue to struggle scoring points off turn overs it will hurt them and even a team like the Bucs could pull the upset.....I just knew the defense was going to fold today.....They had that special look to them today........

I realize that the Steelers are a team and all, but if I were a defensive player I would be getting extremely frustrated with the offense. To hand them the ball with great field position 6 times and not do anything with it..that would suck. But yeah I understand we can't really expect too much until week 6. I just keep thinking damn, if Ben was playing the Steelers would be absolutely dominating.

steel-tex
09-19-2010, 08:14 PM
If we need a touchdown 1 touchdown can Arians call the right plays to put a messed up O in the endzone ??? No - I have no faith he can ...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2010, 08:14 PM
The Steeler defense knows they will have a better offensive unit when Ben comes back. They understand Batch hardly ever plays and Dixon has next to no experience. They are more than willing to take it upon themselves to step their game up while the offense works through their struggles. It's a normal thing in Pittsburgh for the defense to be the center of attention, trust me they don't mind it.

Real Deal Steel
09-19-2010, 09:39 PM

The concern is that we don't want the defense wore out.

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 09:59 PM
The concern is that we don't want the defense wore out.

That's not my concern at all..I don't have one concern about the defense.

K Train
09-19-2010, 10:13 PM
so much bitching in this thread....they are 2-0 and that seemed unlikely a few weeks ago, idc how they got to 2-0 its impressive. if they lost the next 2 weeks i would still say they were impressive. we won today with charlie batch throwing to randle el....christ that is a terrible combo. if by some grace of god they go 4-0 teams need to be seriously concerned about playing the steelers

DanRooney
09-19-2010, 10:14 PM
so much bitching in this thread....they are 2-0 and that seemed unlikely a few weeks ago, idc how they got to 2-0 its impressive. if they lost the next 2 weeks i would still say they were impressive. we won today with charlie batch throwing to randle el....christ that is a terrible combo. if by some grace of god they go 4-0 teams need to be seriously concerned about playing the steelers

It's constructive bitching. There's lots of improvement needed on our offense.

And hey it's better than coddling Dixon or praising Randle El for his fair catch ability.

K Train
09-19-2010, 10:21 PM
yeah imporvements will be made on offense and his name is ben roethlisberger, theres no shame in relying on your franchise QB to be a good offense, the ability to find a way to win without him makes me think this team might be a lot better than most people think because people are definitely forgetting hw good ben really is.

batch played a terrible game and the announcers were sucking him off....he threw ducks right into tight coverage. i have no idea how that man is a professional athlete

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 10:29 PM
batch played a terrible game and the announcers were sucking him off....he threw ducks right into tight coverage. i have no idea how that man is a professional athlete

He's like 50 years old cut him some slack :lol:

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Think our D has a chip on their shoulder??? What until Ben comes back!!

the more i think about this the more i think that fn comish had a real h o for the steelers and was jus waitin for somethin to happen to step us down a peg or two. the team acts like they really know wuz up and they are going to do something about it regardless. jus watch this unfold.

igor0190
09-19-2010, 10:33 PM
yeah imporvements will be made on offense and his name is ben roethlisberger, theres no shame in relying on your franchise QB to be a good offense, the ability to find a way to win without him makes me think this team might be a lot better than most people think because people are definitely forgetting hw good ben really is.

Ben is undoubtedly one of the top QB's in the league and he will make a world of difference when he is back. Not just to the offense, but the D will get a lot of help with field position AND points. This is a very good team, and have as good shot as any to go the distance if they can stay reasonably healthy. :tt02:

Leftwich will be the starter next week in TB. :imho:

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-19-2010, 10:34 PM
I can't believe all the complaining..we are 2-0 without our QB and with our O line in shambles. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and his name is Ben !! Hopefully it won't take him long to get on the same page as the rest of the team,and when he's there it should be a BIG difference !!

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 10:42 PM
I can't believe all the complaining..we are 2-0 without our QB and with our O line in shambles. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and his name is Ben !! Hopefully it won't take him long to get on the same page as the rest of the team,and when he's there it should be a BIG difference !!

I'm not complaining per say..I just think its ridiculous that a game where we had 7 turnovers was ALMOST lost (I know I know..only counts in horse shoes) but that's still not ok in my book. One more heart attack and I'll die..

--- Added 9/19/2010 at 08:42 PM ---

slash don't get me wrong..I am WAY WAY WAY WAY more than happy to be sitting at 2-0.

DanRooney
09-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Batch played terrible and so did Dixon. Dixon looks like he's regressing instead of adding that experience he's been looking for. Maybe Leftwich will add something but I highly doubt that as well.

airbrake 1
09-19-2010, 10:58 PM
i wonder if all the people who spouted off for nearly 4 months that we should have got rid of ben and that we could win championships with dixon or leftwich or basically any quarterback for that matter are ready to have that big helping of crow...i know the ben haters are still lurking in the shadow i had an encounter with one on the bus the other day and a friend at the falcons game had a group of ben haters behind him...don't let these fools act like they didn't say that stuff for all those months and now are basically begging for ben back...backstabbers:tt02:

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 11:00 PM
i wonder if all the people who spouted off for nearly 4 months that we should have got rid of ben and that we could win championships with dixon or leftwich or basically any quarterback for that matter are ready to have that big helping of crow...i know the ben haters are still lurking in the shadow i had an encounter with one on the bus the other day and a friend at the falcons game had a group of ben haters behind him...don't let these fools act like they didn't say that stuff for all those months and now are basically begging for ben back...backstabbers:tt02:

Please stop..seriously. We all get it. You don't like people who said we should have gotten rid of Ben. Cool. We understand. Enough already.

Dobre Shunka
09-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Steelers need some offense! Really? You don't think the #4 QB on our roster will be enough?

Did we just beat the Titans with ole man Charlie at the helm? Don't wake me!

airbrake 1
09-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Please stop..seriously. We all get it. You don't like people who said we should have gotten rid of Ben. Cool. We understand. Enough already.
not a snowballs chance in hell...i will be the bane of these peoples existance untill doomsday

chisteeler
09-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Attention all Addicts! We won, I repeat we won! I know, I know We all want a better offensive display, but need I remind you, that the NFL has no "style points" like College football and computer rankings, so ask yourself this..."do you want a pretty loss or an ugly win?" I think we all can agree on the latter. When Ben comes back, and don't think he's not charting plays and watching game film as of lately, hopefully, he'll call the plays and make Arians look like a genius. He''l be so pumped and pissed that the Burgh will be a force to be reckoned with.
As Doc Holiday once said, "It's not revenge that he wants, it's a reckoning!"...Think about it!
and P.S. Stop bitching, until we start losing.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-20-2010, 01:38 AM
Nobody is coddling Dixon and really tired of hearing that....lol Some of us just live in reality and knew the offense was going to be madly inconsistent without our franchise QB.........

But one point o make I don't know how anybody can say Dixon regressed today.....He was hurt early on and never came back in......So really his performance was a incomplete today......He held onto the ball to long on the sack fumble but BA with his great play calling really set up the young man to fail in that situation.....

As for the offense in general.....The heat took its toll on our OL and really that had more to do with the running game stalling then the Titans defense........The Titans defense played solid but the musical chairs that was going with the OL really prevented the running game from getting into sync.......

As for the passing game.....Again with a third string LT in there for some snaps of course Old Man Charlie was going to get killed....Batch behind our OL is scary to begin with let alone when the OL was dropping like flies due to the heat.....

Only two games to go and Ben will be back.....I'm thrilled with the 2-0 start and really if the Steelers don't beat themselves next week then 3-0 is very likely.......I'm usually a hard fan to please but damn I really can't complain about a 2-0 start without Big Ben....lol

DanRooney
09-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Nobody is coddling Dixon and really tired of hearing that....lol

:willybs:

I would copy and paste the 50+ posts that differ from what you say but it's really a waste of time. It's really obvious now (or should be to everyone) that we don't have any quality QBs on our roster, but if our D plays the way it has been, we won't need one...at least for week 3.

We definitely need to make more plays on offense against Baltimore. If we can go 4-0, I will be the happiest man in the world.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-20-2010, 01:56 AM
:willybs:

I would copy and paste the 50+ posts that differ from what you say but it's really a waste of time. It's really obvious now (or should be to everyone) that we don't have any quality QBs on our roster, but if our D plays the way it has been, we won't need one...at least for week 3.

We definitely need to make more plays on offense against Baltimore. If we can go 4-0, I will be the happiest man in the world.

Did I say the offense was great or did I say any of the QB's were worth a damn.....Maybe read the whole post before posting your stupid BS icon....lol

I think I have said over and over without Ben the offense was going to be inconsistent and no matter who started at QB with Ben out they were going to struggle....It does no good to continue to **** and moan about the QB situation since really there isn't nothing we can about it.....

DanRooney
09-20-2010, 02:55 AM
Did I say the offense was great or did I say any of the QB's were worth a damn.....Maybe read the whole post before posting your stupid BS icon....lol

I think I have said over and over without Ben the offense was going to be inconsistent and no matter who started at QB with Ben out they were going to struggle....It does no good to continue to **** and moan about the QB situation since really there isn't nothing we can about it.....

Did I call you out? You said (keyword) "nobody" was patting Dixon on the *** for his 3rd consecutive mediocre performance. :yesnod: There were plenty but thank god that's (hopefully) over with I was tired of reading the delusional posts.

We can all agree that Ben completely changes this offense similar to the way Polamalu does the defense. That is why he is still the most underrated QB in the game.

airbrake 1
09-20-2010, 06:42 AM
i guess the slobbering love affair that people had for dixon during the pre-season is officially over...seems like only moments ago i recall hearing "i really like this kid, i think he can lead us to a championship"

coldrolled
09-20-2010, 08:40 AM
I most definitely agree. I think we'll be fine once Ben comes back because teams won't be stacking 8 in the box forcing Ben to beat them. Teams will have to change the way they play us once Ben's is back under center.

they always play us 8 in the box.... its arians and his magical plays that makes that happen... ben just knows how to get out of the situation.

LatrobePA
09-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Dixon was our best option to win if he was used right. Well they tried to use him right and he got hurt.

Now back to the drawing board for the next two weeks.

coldrolled
09-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Until we get a new OC... we will have this stat each week.. ouch....

we may not have a QB but we do have ruunning backs...

Third Down Efficiency 2/15 - 13%

LatrobePA
09-20-2010, 10:04 AM
Until we get a new OC... we will have this stat each week.. ouch....

we may not have a QB but we do have ruunning backs...

Third Down Efficiency 2/15 - 13%

3rd down and redzone is a nightmare for this team even w/ Ben.

I personally can't believe people defend BA! Granted he was dealt a bad hand yesterday but this goes beyond that!

Zachintosh66
09-21-2010, 12:43 AM
spammmmmm

DanRooney
09-21-2010, 01:59 AM
3rd down and redzone is a nightmare for this team even w/ Ben.

I personally can't believe people defend BA! Granted he was dealt a bad hand yesterday but this goes beyond that!

Ben has an uncanny ability to convert 3rd and longs with his arm. It's 3rd and short that worries me.

92_is_gonna_kill_you
09-21-2010, 03:40 AM
Ben has an uncanny ability to convert 3rd and longs with his arm. It's 3rd and short that worries me.

I can see it now; it's 3rd & 2 and the offense has an empty backfield, 4 wide recievers and Ben's in the shotgun. *shudders* Hopefully the running game keeps a prominent part of this offense once Ben returns.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-21-2010, 07:54 AM
We better get some kind of offense soon. Because we won't beat bmore with just D unless our D scores for us. Hopefully lefty starts

coldrolled
09-21-2010, 08:12 AM
is it time to cut leftwich and dixon and batch and bring in the big boys...

obviously we need giant QB's to withstand the punishment...

they can hand off balls as good as anyone.

Jamarcus Russell 6'6' 260
Duante Culpepper 6'4' 250

harpo
09-21-2010, 08:51 AM
is it time to cut leftwich and dixon and batch and bring in the big boys...

obviously we need giant QB's to withstand the punishment...

they can hand off balls as good as anyone.

Jamarcus Russell 6'6' 260
Duante Culpepper 6'4' 250

I wouldn't trust JaMarcus Russell to hand me my mail. :lol: