PDA

View Full Version : I think I found Farrior's replacement

darnik44
09-19-2010, 06:24 AM
Josh Bynes from Auburn. Check him out next time Auburn is playing. He's a very instinctive tackling machine. Looks like a Steelers LB, and could be their first round pick next year. He reminds me of Davis Harris of the Jets.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt329/wareagle09/untitled.jpg

igor0190
09-19-2010, 10:28 PM
I think we've got enough invested in our LB's to use a first round pick on ANYONE...
Between our starters and the young guys on the roster (Gibson, Worilds, Sylvester)... Backups Fox and Foote... We are set at LB

We need some high round picks on the O-Line and Secondary

roosterray
09-19-2010, 11:08 PM
We need OL, DL and CB more then a line backer. We have the best LB Corp in the NFL. Even if Farrior Retires. We have 30 tackles out of our starting LBs today out of 54 tackles by our defense. 22 between Timmons and Harrison. How much more do we need.

K Train
09-19-2010, 11:10 PM
i think id be more on board with hightower

slyvester has to prove he can be the guy of the future...he sure is a ST standout but playing fulltime MLB is another game. we have insane depth at OLB but MLB leaves much to be desired....farrior is on his last leg, foote is average to less than average, fox is a great backup and rotational and ST guy but timmons is the only guy i wouldnt be ok wth parting with

darnik44
09-20-2010, 05:57 AM
i think id be more on board with hightower

slyvester has to prove he can be the guy of the future...he sure is a ST standout but playing fulltime MLB is another game. we have insane depth at OLB but MLB leaves much to be desired....farrior is on his last leg, foote is average to less than average, fox is a great backup and rotational and ST guy but timmons is the only guy i wouldnt be ok wth parting with

Dude, Hightower isn't really that good. He's going to be dropping in my rankings. The guy is slow, and not very instinctive at all. To top it all off, he looks lazy and sometimes seems like there's somewhere else he would rather be. Right now I think his name and his school are fueling his draft status more than his play.

--- Added 9/20/2010 at 04:57 AM ---

I think we've got enough invested in our LB's to use a first round pick on ANYONE...
Between our starters and the young guys on the roster (Gibson, Worilds, Sylvester)... Backups Fox and Foote... We are set at LB

We need some high round picks on the O-Line and Secondary

Well as has been the case year after year lately, the first round caliber offensive linemen will likely be gone by the time the Steelers are on the clock. This year's OL class is the worst in several years with the exception of the center position. They could take a center and move Pouncey out to guard. As far as drafting a tackle in the first I think they would need to be picking in the top 12 or so.

I don't see the secondary as being in that bad of shape. They have a couple young CB's who can play and will be solid starter in time. They do lack some depth at safety, but I don't see them taking a backup safety in the first. Farrior is 35, and without a stud in his position teams will rack up rushing yards against the Steelers.

Josh Bynes looks like a Steeler.

K Train
09-20-2010, 03:52 PM
i dont think hightower and julio jones are living off of HS hype as much as people let on....both are gonna be good pros

i like hightower and i think hed compliment timmons well in the middle

hightower has pretty quick feet for a big man and hes a thumper that blows guards and FBs up in the run game. and for a pretty big MLB at like 6-4 260+ he is a good interior pass rusher. could be a MLB that gets some solid sack numbers in the pros.

i like him a little more than i liked mcclain, i dont think either were/are top 10 picks since neither are patrick willis-like animals, but good MLBs nonetheless

Blazedby92
09-20-2010, 04:06 PM
They could take a center and move Pouncey out to guard.

Can I have some of what your smoking? Serioulsy If there is better centers out there next draft I want to know who they are because i'm not seeing it, Maybe you meant draft a center to play guard beside pouncey.

K Train
09-20-2010, 04:10 PM
uhhhh id be ok with drafting pouncey2.0 to play guard or odowd to play guard but you dont take our pouncey<3 out of the starting lineup, hes there to stay put

Blazedby92
09-20-2010, 04:16 PM
uhhhh id be ok with drafting pouncey2.0 to play guard or odowd to play guard but you dont take our pouncey<3 out of the starting lineup, hes there to stay put

Oh i would love to have little pouncey but to say we move big brother to guard is absolutley insane.

darnik44
09-20-2010, 07:09 PM
I was only saying to move Pouncey to guard as a hypothetical statement to those who are convinced the draft is as simple as saying we have to draft OL in the first round. The only first round offensive linemen worth a first round pick will likely be centers unle Tss the Steelers go 7-9. That said, there are two center prospects who are as good as Pouncey just not as athletic and suited to play guard. If Pouncey were to move to guard, his athletic ability might be able to be utilized more.

As for Hightower, I doubt he goes in the first round. In fact, I know he won't. He's not as good of a prospect as Paul Posluszny, Dan Connor, or Rey Maualuga and they all fell to the 2nd round. Hightower probably won't leave Alabama this year because he won't like the grade he gets from the advisory committee. They are known for being conservative and will probably give him a 3rd round grade. If he does declare, I see him going in the 40-50 range. As for him being a fit for the Steelers, I don't think so. The Steelers are all about speed and Hightower simply isn't fast. Expect him to run a 4.75 give or take.

jnes1216
09-28-2010, 01:54 PM
If we draft towards the end of the 1st round, I think a safety would be ideal. Let him nickel and dime it the first year and learn the defense behind troy and ryan. I don't see Mundy as a future replacement for the starters.

darnik44
09-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Safety is definetly one of their bigger needs. We are one of the few teams who can lable something a big need even when we have two solid starters in place.

I see the needs in this order...

1. Left Tackle - Starks doesn't cut it, there's not much depth there either

2. Nose Tackle - Big Hamp won't be around for ever. Our defense isn't the same without a dominant NT.

3. Inside Linebacker - Farrior might be in his last season as a Steeler. There's some young guys in place, but I don't see any with star potential.

4. Kicker - Reed will be gone. Either free agency or the draft will produce the Steelers next kicker. I like Miami's Matt Bosher.

5. Cornerback - I'm still holding hope for Keenan Lewis and Taylor and McFadden are adequate, but a shut down corner could make a bigger difference team wide than any other position.

6. Free/Strong Safety - We have two very good starter (one all-world), but we lack depth.

7. Guard - I like Kemoeatu, Essex, and Legursky but they are all just mediocre at best. The best guard looking long term on their roster might be Chris Scott who is on the PUP list.

8. Wide Receiver - I love the rookies, but question weather either is more than a slot receiver. Very soon we will need to find a #1 or #2 to replace Hines Ward.

9. Outside Linebacker - Great starters in place and some young but untested depth. If Woodley moves on, this becomes a much bigger need.

9. Defensive End - This is a position that requires some development. We have Ziggy Hood for when Smith is gone, now we need Kiesel's future replacement.

10. Running Back - Just a lack of depth here. I wouldn't mind seeing a younger version of Mewelde Moore with a little more upside. The main issue with the RB position would be depth behind Redman if Mendenhall were to go down with an injury.

11. Quarterback - We need a 3rd QB to develope and push Dixon or work him off the roster. Batch can't have many more years left.

12. Center - Only if he's good enough to take Pouncey's job and allow him to play guard.

13. Tight End - We are pretty set there.

14. Punter - We are pretty set there.

Blazedby92
09-28-2010, 07:31 PM
4. Kicker - Reed will be gone. Either free agency or the draft will produce the Steelers next kicker. I like Miami's Matt Bosher.

12. Center - Only if he's good enough to take Pouncey's job and allow him to play guard.

Not worried about a kicker and PLEASE stop with the moving Pouncey to guard that is one of the most ludacris Ideas i have heard all year. When you find a pure center coming out of college in the next couple years that is just as good or better than Pounce you let us know because moving him out to guard is a waste:imho:

Phdboy2020
10-31-2010, 12:33 AM
I agree we need a shutdown corner on our team. While he wouldnt be asked to do much man coverage in our scheme, it would be nice to know that side of the field is covered so we could better use Troy elsewhere. Another O-Lineman such as a guard would be great also. We already have our center set for the next 10-12 years with Pouncey, but a guard of the same mold as Pouncey would allow our running game to be more dominant and extend Ben's career. Hampton's replacement should be drafted this year as well unless they want to put Ziggy in his position. Hampton only has 2-3 years tops left in the tank. Overall, the Steelers are great with their draft picks so I'm sure they will be prepared come draft time.

Zachintosh66
10-31-2010, 09:52 AM
farrior dont need a replacement (yet)

super cleats
10-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Safety is definetly one of their bigger needs. We are one of the few teams who can lable something a big need even when we have two solid starters in place.

I see the needs in this order...

1. Left Tackle - Starks doesn't cut it, there's not much depth there either

2. Nose Tackle - Big Hamp won't be around for ever. Our defense isn't the same without a dominant NT.

3. Inside Linebacker - Farrior might be in his last season as a Steeler. There's some young guys in place, but I don't see any with star potential.

5. Cornerback - I'm still holding hope for Keenan Lewis and Taylor and McFadden are adequate, but a shut down corner could make a bigger difference team wide than any other position.

6. Free/Strong Safety - We have two very good starter (one all-world), but we lack depth.

7. Guard - I like Kemoeatu, Essex, and Legursky but they are all just mediocre at best. The best guard looking long term on their roster might be Chris Scott who is on the PUP list.

8. Wide Receiver - I love the rookies, but question weather either is more than a slot receiver. Very soon we will need to find a #1 or #2 to replace Hines Ward.

9. Outside Linebacker - Great starters in place and some young but untested depth. If Woodley moves on, this becomes a much bigger need.

9. Defensive End - This is a position that requires some development. We have Ziggy Hood for when Smith is gone, now we need Kiesel's future replacement.

10. Running Back - Just a lack of depth here. I wouldn't mind seeing a younger version of Mewelde Moore with a little more upside. The main issue with the RB position would be depth behind Redman if Mendenhall were to go down with an injury.

11. Quarterback - We need a 3rd QB to develope and push Dixon or work him off the roster. Batch can't have many more years left.

13. Tight End - We are pretty set there.

14. Punter - We are pretty set there.

sorry but on draft day this is what its gonna be

1. prince amukamara/aaron williams or greg romeus/allen bailey
2. marvin austin
3. quinton carter

thats what is should be !!!!!!!!-!!!!!!!!!!!! (^^,)

DanRooney
10-31-2010, 06:24 PM
farrior dont need a replacement (yet)

i completely disagree with that. farrior is the slowest guy on our defense and i'm almost including our front 3.

JensK
11-01-2010, 11:36 AM
i completely disagree with that. farrior is the slowest guy on our defense and i'm almost including our front 3.

He was actually playing pretty fast against Saints last night.

K Train
11-01-2010, 01:21 PM
He was actually playing pretty fast against Saints last night.

just because collingsworth said he was shot out of a cannon on one play does not mean he was "playing fast"

just saying

the sooner sylvester takes over for him the better, that man is a beast

JensK
11-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Oh i know. I usually don't pay attention at all to what collinsworth is saying (mostly because I do live in Denmark, and we do have danish commentators, so i rarely get to hear him anyway). All I'm saying is he was not all that terrible against Saints. Timmons obviously makes him look slow, perhaps slower than he really is. I'm not saying he should not be replaced, I just gave him a little credit.

I also agree that Sylvester needs to see the field asap! I said that from the minute the drafted him. He is relentless and hits like a truck

mcfly06
11-14-2010, 11:47 PM
We need another CB bad this game showed it.Gay got burnt on three TDS,by a tight end!!deff oline help,maybe a taller/fast wr,DE/OLB.

pimplydan
12-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Yes get that shut down corner that we have not seen since Rod Woodson.Ike Taylor is good and so was Flowers(for those that remember),but if we add a Revis type corner in our backfield could you imagine our DEFENCE.Add a shutdown corner then let Polamalu be Polamalu and then tell me about.""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""PIMP

darnik44
12-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Yes get that shut down corner that we have not seen since Rod Woodson.Ike Taylor is good and so was Flowers(for those that remember),but if we add a Revis type corner in our backfield could you imagine our DEFENCE.Add a shutdown corner then let Polamalu be Polamalu and then tell me about.""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""PIMP

One problem...Revis type corners don't grow on trees. Even when a prospect comes along who looks like a bonified shut down corner, he's not available in the mid to late 20's. If the Steelers end up with the #2 seed in the playoffs, I believe the highest they could draft would be 25th (under the new draft order rule based on playoff finish) if they lost their first game (which we don't want). At that range you get a rookie poor man's Ike Taylor who by year 3 might be an Ike Taylor equal.

NT93
12-31-2010, 06:13 PM
We need OL, DL and CB more then a line backer. We have the best LB Corp in the NFL. Even if Farrior Retires. We have 30 tackles out of our starting LBs today out of 54 tackles by our defense. 22 between Timmons and Harrison. How much more do we need.

Farrior is playing exceptional, so why would he retire? Did he say that anywhere? If so, Foote can take his place, and Sylvester will provide depth.

K Train
01-05-2011, 07:10 PM
farrior has not been as good as everyone is making him seem this season

anyway, josh bynes has good instincts but hes so slow, i dont think hes high on any teams radar right now

i have a good feeling about this man though, the man with 2 last names

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/375/513/103541633_display_image.jpg?1283516705

pimplydan
01-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Who is he?

K Train
01-05-2011, 09:22 PM
stevenson sylvester

JensK
01-06-2011, 02:43 AM
He is playing with number 55 right now, hence the confusion.

Phdboy2020
01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
How about a guy like Quan Sturdivant ILB NC? He has good size and may be available in the 2nd-3rd round. Another guy that I'm starting to be intrigued by is Clay Matthews' younger bro Casey. He has nice size to and if he plays anything like his bro, he should be drafted. He may be available in the 2nd-3rd round as well. What do u guys think?