PDA

View Full Version : Steelers aim to contain CJ2K

ejsteeler
09-17-2010, 01:38 PM
I hope the D can stuff them Sunday. We don't need to be one of the teams that lets him get that record........

Full Article (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a97779/article/while-cutler-tries-to-survive-cj2k-looks-to-keep-streaking?module=HP_cp2)

2. Steelers aim to contain CJ2K
The Steelers held Chris Johnson to 57 yards on 15 carries in Pittsburgh last season, but this game is in Tennessee. Johnson averaged 188.5 total yards and 1.5 touchdowns per home game a year ago. He was a little off last week with a mere 150 total yards and two touchdowns. The Steelers don't allow 100-yard runners and Johnson is two games away from tying Barry Sanders for the most consecutive 100-yard games at 14.

Look for Vince Young, who is 6-1 in his last seven home starts, to work the bootlegs and play-action game early as the Steelers try and hone in on Johnson. Johnson will pop some big runs and try to get to the 100-yard mark. Will the Steelers or Johnson win the battle?

LatrobePA
09-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Steelers...

Records won't be made on Sunday!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-17-2010, 02:05 PM
It's like I've said earlier this week and what we all already know. You stop CJ and you can stop the Titans. If he runs wild you might as well pack it in.

K Train
09-17-2010, 02:07 PM
sweet plan....not like its completely obvious the goal or anything, did arians come up with this?

coldrolled
09-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Steelers...

Records won't be made on Sunday!

who stopped the barry sanders run for the top.. did sanders ever play in a superbowl?

or just t-day? those may be the only games i saw him run in.
unless we played the lions, wasnt batch the QB then also for the lions.

ejsteeler
09-17-2010, 02:45 PM
sweet plan....not like its completely obvious the goal or anything, did arians come up with this?:lol:

LatrobePA
09-17-2010, 03:55 PM
sweet plan....not like its completely obvious the goal or anything, did arians come up with this?

BA would drop 8 expecting them to pass since we expect them to run!!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Johnson will get his since he is to talented.....Just don't let him go ape **** is the key......Contain him around 50-60 yards and the Steelers should win.......

BlitzburghRockCity
09-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Johnson will get his since he is to talented.....Just don't let him go ape **** is the key......Contain him around 50-60 yards and the Steelers should win.......

If he ends up the day with 60 yds or less than we most likely win indeed. You can't completely stop him, but for a back of his caliber if you keep him contained and don't let him break the first line of defense then you're good. When he starts getting to the 2nd level he'll chew up yards like nobodys business. I look for the Steelers to gang tackle him, and do all they can to force him to in a different direction so the pursuit can get there if he does bounce it outside. Pretty much the same scenario you use against any back, but with Johnson if you don't wrap him up the first time he'll kill you.

Real Deal Steel
09-18-2010, 12:13 AM
It's like I've said earlier this week and what we all already know. You stop CJ and you can stop the Titans. If he runs wild you might as well pack it in.

They need to do everything they can to stop Johnson. But with Hampton out, I don't know.

If we could score some serious points on offense, then I'd feel better. I'd like to see Dixon run this game and not listen to Arian. He needs to get first downs any way he can because if we can pull out this game, then we are practically 3-0 because we play the Bucs next week.

coldrolled
09-18-2010, 10:08 AM
They need to do everything they can to stop Johnson. But with Starks out, I don't know.

If we could score some serious points on offense, then I'd feel better. I'd like to see Dixon run this game and not listen to Arian. He needs to get first downs any way he can because if we can pull out this game, then we are practically 3-0 because we play the Bucs next week.

if we cant stop him or the ravens cant stop him, i guess they will win the super bowl.

noone else can stop him... hes unstoppable .... cheeeez you guys are killing me....:grin1:

this is not the saints or colts, its the titans...

nuclearchihuahuas
09-18-2010, 10:34 AM
We all know about CJ and VY and this titans O...what about their D? I do not know much about that side of their play...can our Offense score on them? Is their D any good?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2010, 06:02 PM
16 rushes, 34 yds. You can't do a better job than that on him. He was bottled up all day long and just had nowhere to run. He did break that long play, thank goodness for the holding penalty. Overall though, they did their job and kept him as a non factor today.

Real Deal Steel
09-19-2010, 06:16 PM
But we shut down Johnson last year too. Johnson doesn't like to see us coming. hahaha

steelersbabex25
09-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Hold CJ to under 100 yards: check.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2010, 06:49 PM
When Johnson runs wild, the Titans generally win. We broke a 12 game streak of 100+ yard games with our performance today.

ejsteeler
09-19-2010, 07:51 PM
No words for how awesome the D played today. just amazing.

Real Deal Steel
09-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Chris Johnson is just another RB to us. He can go and hold hands with Micheal Turner and both of them can go sing Kum-by-a. LOL