PDA

View Full Version : Steelers against the Titans

steelchamp204
09-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Was wondering what you guys think of this upcoming game. I think we can hold chris johnson to about 75 yards rushing, Im just worried about vince young scrambling out of the pcoket. He only threw for about 175 yards on sunday against the raiders. I think we can win this game by two td's if dixon can hone his passin skills a little bit more and arians mix's up his playcalling on first down instead of running the ball all the time. I dont think the titans defense is all that great knowing that they beat only the raiders.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Was wondering what you guys think of this upcoming game. I think we can hold chris johnson to about 75 yards rushing, Im just worried about vince young scrambling out of the pcoket. He only threw for about 175 yards on sunday against the raiders. I think we can win this game by two td's if dixon can hone his passin skills a little bit more and arians mix's up his playcalling on first down instead of running the ball all the time. I dont think the titans defense is all that great knowing that they beat only the raiders.

Chris Johnson is unbelievably good. They clocked him running at over 22 mph in his game on Sunday. The dude could get a speeding ticket in a school zone. I think he'll be tough to shut down, but it has been done.

Root4Stlrs
09-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Chris Johnson is unbelievably good. They clocked him running at over 22 mph in his game on Sunday. The dude could get a speeding ticket in a school zone. I think he'll be tough to shut down, but it has been done.

Yes, by the Steelers twice.

steelchamp204
09-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Yes, Our run defense has been great for the past 4-5 years. It seems that every b ig or exciting back that comes to run against us barley gets over 60 yards on the ground. And we did shut johnson down lastyear also. We have great gap discipline and he will not be able to run on the outside of us especially with troy back and mcfadden

LatrobePA
09-14-2010, 11:15 AM

Daniel Tosh (.0) can run 20 MPH so I'm not real scared..lol

If I'm being honest and I thought this last week, in no way did I see Matt Ryan beating us, and in no way do I see VY beating us. But with that said, if we let CJ2k run all over us it will be a long long day!

They have a solid defense, and with the crowd noise DD will struggle. I personally think they need to allow him to move around more, the straight drops will not work.

Run the ball, they can be ran on...Chew clock and keep it close. And please please someone roll Jeff Fisher the F up!!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Daniel Tosh (.0) can run 20 MPH so I'm not real scared..lol

If I'm being honest and I thought this last week, in no way did I see Matt Ryan beating us, and in no way do I see VY beating us. But with that said, if we let CJ2k run all over us it will be a long long day!

They have a solid defense, and with the crowd noise DD will struggle. I personally think they need to allow him to move around more, the straight drops will not work.

Run the ball, they can be ran on...Chew clock and keep it close. And please please someone roll Jeff Fisher the F up!!

The thing that scares me about a guy like Chris Johnson is his ability to break big plays and change games. Sure a good run defense can shut him down, but there's always a good chance that the guy breaks one lose and takes it 90 yards for a TD.

K Train
09-14-2010, 11:18 AM
we couldnt run last year on them....if we can this year its because of #53 and his delicious blocking

LatrobePA
09-14-2010, 11:20 AM
we couldnt run last year on them....if we can this year its because of #53 and his delicious blocking

I think McFadden had 88 yards with limited carries...I'm like you 53 will be huge this year!

steelchamp204
09-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Pouncey did great, I was really impressed with him this year. He is powerful and fast for a big guy up front. What are we gonna do about starks?

K Train
09-14-2010, 11:32 AM
I think McFadden had 88 yards with limited carries...I'm like you 53 will be huge this year!
they had such a big lead they could sit back and cover the pass pretty much...they give the steelers fits, especially with running the ball.....but like i said pouncey could change that all, mediocre to below average DTs absolutely steam rolled hartwig last year

Pouncey did great, I was really impressed with him this year. He is powerful and fast for a big guy up front. What are we gonna do about starks?
he cant be stopped, he just makes me so happy seeing him play.

starks ****ing sucks anyway, no matter who replaces him theres not gonna be much drop off

IMO it could go two ways

Hills, Kemo, Pouncey<3, Essex, Flo

or

Essex, Kemo, Pouncey<3, foster, flo

those would be our 2 best lines imo

SteelerEyeZ
09-14-2010, 11:35 AM
i think Dixon will have a more wide open play book...remember this is ANOTHER week with him at starter and a week of practice with the FIRST TEAM ALL THE TIME!!! He needs to be DD the Duck

steelchamp204
09-14-2010, 11:35 AM
I think Hill will get the nod for sunday, as you said starks is pretty bad imo also. I think the adams signing was great for experience. But I am excited to see how the line will do this year. I think next year for drafting we should go after another young good tackle to replace adams so they can grow together.

Troyisabeast_43
09-14-2010, 12:03 PM
This game with the Titans on Sunday I believe is going to be a carbon copy of the game with the Falcons this past week where it could be one of those 15-12 18-15 type of games where 5-6 FGS are all that is kicked. Defense will have to win this game again for the Steelers much like it did against the Falcons. I think Arians has got to get Dixon rolling out of the pocket more and use his legs to make plays in this game a lot more then he did last week with Atlanta. When Dixon rolled out with the bootleg against Atlanta he made a lot of positive plays throwing the ball. I think they need to run Dixon more as well. If they can contain Chris Johnson and make Vince Young beat them with his arm I love the Steelers chances in this game Sunday in Nashville...

25MVPKing
09-14-2010, 12:35 PM
The fastest way to slow down CJ is to light up the scoreboard quick. But I agree that it will likely be another FG game.

Troyisabeast_43
09-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Just heard Tomlin's press conference and he said both Starks and Hampton could both practice possibly this week and might be available to come back in another week or so which is great great news...

LatrobePA
09-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Just heard Tomlin's press conference and he said both Starks and Hampton could both practice possibly this week and might be available to come back in another week or so which is great great news...

Good stuff, though I've never been a fan of Starks I hate to see players hurt. I hope Hills can step up and rip some heads off!

Goodfrom55
09-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Take out his legs when they tackle him and he will get sore, tired, and slower. I can't stand when I see defenders tackling these RB's up high around their shoulder pads. . .WTF? Against a cutback team with speed, Steelers need to play disciplined football; especially on the back side of the developing play.

Offensively, I would like to see more designed roll outs and formations that showcase Dixons running ability.

lloydfan4life
09-14-2010, 01:08 PM
The thing that scares me about a guy like Chris Johnson is his ability to break big plays and change games. Sure a good run defense can shut him down, but there's always a good chance that the guy breaks one lose and takes it 90 yards for a TD.

You mean sorta like the way Mendy did to win the game for us this past week? :lol:

Running backs don't 'scare' the Steeler Defense. :flex:

Blazedby92
09-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Running backs don't 'scare' the Steeler Defense. :flex:
:plus1:

I think as long as we can put points on the board we don't have to worry about CJ.

SteelJunkie
09-14-2010, 02:22 PM
This game I believe the offense needs to get in the endzone. Dunno why they aren't using more roll outs, and playing to Dixon's strengths. If they are game planning for a pocket passer might as well put Batch in.

Defense needs to step up huge against the run, and watch for Johnson out of the backfield as well. Hopefully we can get a few turnovers and help out our offense.

LatrobePA
09-14-2010, 02:30 PM
This game I believe the offense needs to get in the endzone. Dunno why they aren't using more roll outs, and playing to Dixon's strengths. If they are game planning for a pocket passer might as well put Batch in.

cough cough BA cough cough!!:yellowthumb:

coldrolled
09-14-2010, 02:35 PM

Defense needs to step up huge against the run, and watch for Johnson out of the backfield as well. Hopefully we can get a few turnovers and help out our offense.

They really need to deploy some play action, QB draws... They said they have a plan for dennis maybe we will see it.

maybe we need to let Sly play a bit to help run down johnson... i bet he is a bit faster than our older ILb's

Sly and Timmons would be a quick pair.

:yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
09-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Tomlin hates rookies, I don't see that happening...

SteelDad
09-14-2010, 02:59 PM
My early observations on this game are...

If we don't have Big Snack in the middle, we could be in trouble. Hoke and company do an admirable job against the run, but we are not the same team without Casey. Limiting Johnson's ability to get the corner is huge and that starts with Casey being able to force the action side to side.

DD made several plays his legs last week and I'm still wondering why there was absolutely nothing called that was specifically designed for him. No draw, no option, etc. Why, BA why?

Young worries me, but I think we can create mistakes on his part. I'm thinking at least 2 picks for our D.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-14-2010, 03:12 PM
This defense is less stout up front, but better in the secondary than ATL. Running SHOULD be a bit easier but the Titans secondary has some talent with Griffin and Finnegan. Finnegan is a bit over-rated as a coverage man, but he is as physical as they come at the CB position. Griffin is prob the best player on this defense. Like Mathis of the Jags, some how Ben usually connects on a TD pass with him every time they meet. He wont drop any errant Dixon passes that come his way and he turns into a RB when he gets the ball.

The front now without Haynesworth, KVB and LB Bullock isnt what it used to be. Jason Jones raped Hartwig the last 2 years but other than that this D-line has lost alot of talent. The drafted Derrick Morgan who hasnt been able to crack the starting line up, but still was praised as maybe the best pass rusher in the draft. Witherspoon and Winborn are journeymen at OLB. Tulloch anchors the inside as their best backer. Side note: This team is an injury away from having, guess who, PATRICK BAILEY as an outside LB.

Point is, if we can limit TEN's offensive drives and keep their defense on the field i think we will find running room against this front. Offensively, i like this match up more than the ATL game.

LatrobePA
09-14-2010, 03:52 PM
This defense is less stout up front, but better in the secondary than ATL. Running SHOULD be a bit easier but the Titans secondary has some talent with Griffin and Finnegan. Finnegan is a bit over-rated as a coverage man, but he is as physical as they come at the CB position. Griffin is prob the best player on this defense. Like Mathis of the Jags, some how Ben usually connects on a TD pass with him every time they meet. He wont drop any errant Dixon passes that come his way and he turns into a RB when he gets the ball.

The front now without Haynesworth, KVB and LB Bullock isnt what it used to be. Jason Jones raped Hartwig the last 2 years but other than that this D-line has lost alot of talent. The drafted Derrick Morgan who hasnt been able to crack the starting line up, but still was praised as maybe the best pass rusher in the draft. Witherspoon and Winborn are journeymen at OLB. Tulloch anchors the inside as their best backer. Side note: This team is an injury away from having, guess who, PATRICK BAILEY as an outside LB.

Point is, if we can limit TEN's offensive drives and keep their defense on the field i think we will find running room against this front. Offensively, i like this match up more than the ATL game.

Thanks, good stuff! :yellowthumb:

Scorp
09-14-2010, 03:53 PM
This is going to be the first real dog fight for the Steelers this season.

steelersbabex25
09-14-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm not worried about CJ as long as we have Big Snack in the middle plugging up the wholes. What I am worried about is VY taking off and not having anyone there to stop him, which I could see happening a lot.

Root4Stlrs
09-14-2010, 06:49 PM
I find it annoying that reporting is so sloppy these days. Maybe I'm just complaining too much but on ESPN they were talking about Johnson going for Barry Sanders' record of 14 consecutive 100 yard games. The comment was that he has 12 now and his next two opponents are Jacksonville and Denver so he'll probably get 100 yards in those and then go for the record against the Cowboys -- gist of that was won't that be exciting to see him going for the record against America's team. You know, I hear some of their comments about the Steelers' offensive line and how bad they are (no mention of Pouncey) and I think well maybe I'm just too much of a homer thinking the offensive line will be better. But I'm not sure some of these guys are even up on their facts and aren't just spouting what they've heard.