PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 results in the AFC North work out in Steelers favor...

Troyisabeast_43
09-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Hey guys sorry for not posting here in awhile but I been on vacation in Florida for the last 2-3 weeks but now Im back home and ready to go with my scenario rants like only I can do lol...What a great win for the Steelers on Sunday against the Falcons in a game that was a real gut check win in my opinion and showed people what this Steelers team was really made of...The defense looked like it was back in 2008 Super Bowl form and if it continues to play like that this Steelers team is going to win a lot more games then they lose.

Things have already set up good for the Steelers in this division in my opinion after one week despite the Ravens win last night over the Jets. The Ravens and Bengals play each other on Sunday in which I believe is a huge huge game for the Bengals at home after the smacking they took to the Patriots on Sunday. The Bengals cannot afford to drop to 0-2 and fall possibly 2 games behind both the Steelers and Ravens this early in the season. Meanwhile, the Browns as well dropped a game Sunday to Tampa in which everybody thought they would win after blowing an 11 point lead in that game. Delhomme looks terrible and the Browns now have to face a Chiefs team coming into Cleveland this Sunday on a huge high after upsetting the Chargers last night.

As far as the Steelers go the bottom line here and even though it's early and only 2 games into the season a win by the Steelers this week in Tennessee is absolutely huge. It would put them at 2-0 with a game at Tampa coming up the following week in which you would think the Steelers would be able to win despite what happened last year with all the late game losses to scrub teams. Im actually rooting for the Bengals to win on Sunday so it can put the Ravens at 1-1 and the Steelers with a win over the Titans have a very very good chance of being 3-0 going into that Ravens game at home in 2 weeks being a game up in the standings on them. I expect another low scoring game in Tennessee on Sunday but if Dixon can just manage the game again and continue to roll out and make plays with his legs which he didnt do enough of in my opinion on Sunday against Atlanta the Steelers have a great chance to steal that game down in Nashville.

Layin the wood
09-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Its going to take an all out balls to the wall effort to beat the Titans!! Im not worried about Young and his passing but we have to control Johnson. If we limit him to 50 - 75 yards rushing and no TD's we'll win. As far as Bungals and the Ratbirds im rooting for the Ratbirds because i want to put as much distance between us and the Bungals as possible. I have no worries about us beating the Ratbirds!!!

LarryNJ
09-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Bengals or Ravens? My initial thought is the Ravens too. The Ravens will be there at the end of the year no matter if they win or lose this week. Let's put the Bungals into a huge hole, turn TO into TO and let them be out of it by November.

Steel Trap86
09-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Ya I like the idea of smacking the Bungals right out of this thing quick and early. They lose against the Ravens and they will be down in the dumps. Big Ben is 4-0 against Flacco isn't he? If it comes down to the Steelers and Ravens to win the division our like our chances, **** the bengals, kill them off right now.

As for Tennessee, if we can limit Johnson below 100 yards that will help, but it's not going to be easy without Hampton plugging the middle. All 3 games are up to our D, since we won't be scoring a **** load of points we have to minimize the other teams.

KemoTherapy
09-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Seems like a lot of people are pencilling in a sure win over the Titans. I sure hope they're right but I can't see it being an easy game at all. Still very,very concerned about Dixon @ QB.

DanRooney
09-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Seems like a lot of people are pencilling in a sure win over the Titans. I sure hope they're right but I can't see it being an easy game at all. Still very,very concerned about Dixon @ QB.

I'm not exactly sure why anyone is penciling a win against the Titans. I share the same concern as well. We'll need a few turnovers to win this game imo.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2010, 11:23 PM
It wouldn't be a Steelers season without 43's breakdowns each week. Good stuff man, nice to see your analysis again.

The predominant thinking is that if we can go 2-2 while Ben is gone we'll be in decent shape. 3-1 would be better but regardless this is a great way to start.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-15-2010, 12:59 AM
The Steelers always **** the bed in Tenn.....lol Jeff Fisher coached teams always play tough.....I really hate Jeff Fisher....lol Even with Ben I wouldn't pencil a win when the Steelers travel to Tenn.......

But still if the defense can play like they did Sunday and the Steelers can run the football the Steelers have a good shot to pull out a win even with Dixon.....All Dixon has to do is make some plays and limit the turn overs......

Chris Johnson is a beast but the Steelers stop the run as good as any team in the NFL but still Johnson does have the speed to kill the Steelers......Just contain him and limit him to 60 yards.....Don't let him go ape ****....

As for Vince Young.....I'm not worried about him killing us with the pass even though like Ktrain pointed out TE's sometimes kill the Steelers and the Titans do have solid enough TE's to throw to....I worry about Young killing us with his legs.....I would have Timmons spy him all game......

As for special teams its simple not big returns and please Skippy if the game is on the line make the damn kick....no OT again...lol

Real Deal Steel
09-15-2010, 01:42 AM
We handled Johnson last year, we will handle him again. But Vince Young will be forced to do it all and he is going to throw 2-3 interceptions.

We will be fine as long as Dixon doesn't turn the ball over.

coldrolled
09-15-2010, 08:10 AM
We need to unleash hell this week...

steelcitysfinestXL
09-15-2010, 08:46 AM

I'm not exactly sure why anyone is penciling a win against the Titans. I share the same concern as well. We'll need a few turnovers to win this game imo.

The Steelers always **** the bed in Tenn.....lol Jeff Fisher coached teams always play tough.....I really hate Jeff Fisher....lol Even with Ben I wouldn't pencil a win when the Steelers travel to Tenn.......

But still if the defense can play like they did Sunday and the Steelers can run the football the Steelers have a good shot to pull out a win even with Dixon.....All Dixon has to do is make some plays and limit the turn overs......

Chris Johnson is a beast but the Steelers stop the run as good as any team in the NFL but still Johnson does have the speed to kill the Steelers......Just contain him and limit him to 60 yards.....Don't let him go ape ****....

As for Vince Young.....I'm not worried about him killing us with the pass even though like Ktrain pointed out TE's sometimes kill the Steelers and the Titans do have solid enough TE's to throw to....I worry about Young killing us with his legs.....I would have Timmons spy him all game......

As for special teams its simple not big returns and please Skippy if the game is on the line make the damn kick....no OT again...lol

:plus1: to all the above! I posted my thoughts on Tenns defense in another thread. Against Tenns Offense i see this as being similar to last weeks game as well. Simlilar in the fact that we need to limit Johnsons carries and force VY into 30+ passing attempts. I DONT think it will take more than 17-20 points to beat this team if we keep CJ to under 20 carries and force VY to throw 30+ passes.

Last season we limited Johnson to 15 carries and we only scored 13 ponits. We forced Kerry Collins to throw 35 times and he still had a decent game. If we can limit their offense to that type of game i like this match-up. Their O isnt built for VY to throw all day. So we DONT need Dixon to throw a Big Ben type game here. Hell Ben had 1 td and 2 ints last year against TEN. We DO, how ever, need to run the ball more effectively than even last week. They do have good TE's and BIG wr's but VY is far from Collins when it comes to being a passer.

We also need to rectify what seems to be terrible starting field position. And think thats on the offense more than the defense. Dixon needs to trust his arm and his Wrs and get the ball to where they have a chance to make a catch. Like Hines said, they know they have to make plays on the ball all he has to do is get it there it doesnt have to be perfect!

Im not penciling in a win here by ANY means. But this is a winable game!