PDA

View Full Version : Scott permanent?

xxxsteelernation
09-14-2010, 02:20 AM
I know we invested a lot of time and money in starks, but i am becoming sold on scott. i personally think our oline picked up their game when he replaced starx. and if he can play like that for the next couple games i would have scott start and rotate with starks so max has more time to rest. i would also like to see tony hills more

steelcitysfinestXL
09-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Yeah i wanna see Tony Hills play with the Sunday group. I was VERY high on him out of Texas and he got off to a injury riddled start. Glad to see the coaches saw enough in him to keep him on the team. I think he'll pay off in a big way!!!

nuclearchihuahuas
09-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Yeah i wanna see Tony Hills play with the Sunday group. I was VERY high on him out of Texas and he got off to a injury riddled start. Glad to see the coaches saw enough in him to keep him on the team. I think he'll pay off in a big way!!!

I would also like to see Hills play this week--Scott did ok, I didn't see him as a major improvement of Starks, but I didn't see a let down either.

Troyisabeast_43
09-14-2010, 08:18 AM
I think Scott did a nice job as well but I agree I give Tony Hills the start this week in Nashville I think he has earned it and his time has finally come to play...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Rumors are going around that Hills will get the start but knowing Tomlin he'll keep it under wraps as long as he can. I wouldn't mind seeing Hills get the chance to play. He looked good in preseason, but against a good defense like the Titans have it'll be a tough task for either Scott or Hills. Look for Arians to keep a TE beside them on a regular basis.

K Train
09-14-2010, 08:39 AM
hills is much more a LT than scott, scott is a solid guy to backup 4 positions along the line

Hills (pass blocker), Kemoeatu (run blockers), Pouncey, (do it all bad boy), Essex (pass blocker), and flozell (run blocker) is a pretty balanced line. Hills should be able to get his feet wet with dixon as the QB too since dixon makes the LT a pretty overrated position since hes so fast

greg1964
09-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Hills or Scott I don't ready care as long as Adams stays at RT

LatrobePA
09-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Read this stupid idea:

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

K Train
09-14-2010, 11:37 AM
One emergency option for the Steelers would be to re-sign former starting center Justin Hartwig – who visited the Cincinnati Bengals Monday. That would allow the team to move Essex to left tackle, slide Maurkice Pouncey to right guard and insert Hartwig at center.

But that would be tearing up the entire line, so the first option will be using Scott or Hills.

seriously everything about that idea is ****ing terrible.

i said in the titans thread the line is either

hills/kemo/pouncey<3/essex/flo
or its
essex/kemo/pouncey<3/foster/flo

either works well for me....anything that involves signing hartwig or moving pouncey will make me throw a baby in a woodchipper

LatrobePA
09-14-2010, 11:48 AM
seriously everything about that idea is ****ing terrible.

i said in the titans thread the line is either

hills/kemo/pouncey<3/essex/flo
or its
essex/kemo/pouncey<3/foster/flo

either works well for me....anything that involves signing hartwig or moving pouncey will make me throw a baby in a woodchipper

LOL, the thoughts a Hartwig coming back makes me sick! Besides that I doubt he could get time off work at Subway!

Goodfrom55
09-14-2010, 12:42 PM
When it comes to the OL, the less movement of personnel, the better. Either Scott or Hills plays Sunday - end of story. Question though, did Hills get any time in pre-season at RT? I only saw him at LT.

LatrobePA
09-14-2010, 12:45 PM
LT is where he'll be be needed...

Goodfrom55
09-14-2010, 12:47 PM
LT is where he'll be be needed...

That's right. . .just a case of Tuesday afternoon dyslexia.

lloydfan4life
09-14-2010, 01:17 PM
a baby in a woodchipper??? :eek1:

for God sakes... don't mess with KTrain's man crush!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2010, 01:21 PM
hills is much more a LT than scott, scott is a solid guy to backup 4 positions along the line

Hills (pass blocker), Kemoeatu (run blockers), Pouncey, (do it all bad boy), Essex (pass blocker), and flozell (run blocker) is a pretty balanced line. Hills should be able to get his feet wet with dixon as the QB too since dixon makes the LT a pretty overrated position since hes so fast

That's the main reason Scott made the final roster is that he's so versatile. Hills is a natural LT and was a beast in college until he got hurt. I would love to see Hills play well and just blow everyone alway but that's easier said than done.

LatrobePA
09-14-2010, 01:36 PM
That's right. . .just a case of Tuesday afternoon dyslexia.

lol, gotcha!

Starks always seems to sweet and cuddly for me, I want my LT to want to kill people!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Tomlin said this afternoon that Scott will play at LT until Starks comes back...

Also that Starks is not as badly injured as first thought and could only miss 1 week, if that.

SteelerEyeZ
09-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Looks like reports on ESPN is that Starx will only miss one game, i say give me 2 weeks off with Tampa coming up, I would have liked to to Hills and Scott get some more time but i would much rather have Backups then a thinned line

Ps I ordered my Pouncey jersey.....i think i have a crush lol

Steeler
09-15-2010, 07:34 AM
Being a steelersfan i should know this but whioch scott are we referring to... i dont follow the:helmet: offensive lineman

K Train
09-15-2010, 09:01 AM
jonathan scott

nuclearchihuahuas
09-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Has any one heard why Scott over Hills?

Steeler
09-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Thank you

coldrolled
09-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Has any one heard why Scott over Hills?

The OL coach brought him here for a reason. hopefully a hidden bonus..