PDA

View Full Version : AFNorth: Pitt, Cinn, Clev,and the Rat Birds

SteelerEyeZ
09-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I must say I love sitting 1-0 after week one....and seeing Cincy highlights i feel like Palmer has to play babysitter with his WR and we all know that will not end well. The Browns, well they are the browns, in a few years they will be a .500 team but not this year. And now to this Rat Birds, Watching the first quarter shows me one thing, TURNOVERS!!!! They are weak in the secondary and if they keep turning the ball over then they will be 0-1 at the end of tonight. (LT just ran a 21 yarded) Why is there all this Rat Birds winning it all talk???

Just wanted to say a few thoughts.....

PS. I was at the Steelers Game and there was a Falcons fan behind me and we where chatting and at the end of the game he said " Your Fans are Classy", Not one person was an as* to him and besides the usually " Go Steelers!!!" he had directed at him he said the Steelers and there Fans are class acts....IT was nice to hear

Go Steelers

":tt02::tt02::tt02:We have the Rings and the Class":tt02::tt02::tt02:

igor0190
09-13-2010, 09:25 PM
PS. I was at the Steelers Game and there was a Falcons fan behind me and we where chatting and at the end of the game he said " Your Fans are Classy", Not one person was an as* to him and besides the usually " Go Steelers!!!" he had directed at him he said the Steelers and there Fans are class acts....IT was nice to hear

It definately is nice to hear. There's no need for people to get drunk and challenge another teams fan to a fight like happens at so many NFL games.

Cincy is going to fall victim to the whole "Batman and Robin" garbage. I mean they do it in the huddle for f*#k sakes. I'm sure there are players on that team who will get mighty tired of it after a few losses.

GO JETS!!!!!

Steel Trap86
09-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Bengals & Browns are 0-1 and Flacco is running for his life right now. I like our chances to win 2 more games before Ben gets back. Excellent start to the season!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-13-2010, 09:30 PM
It's always nice to see the self proclaimed great bungals get humbled by another team. They got completely manhandled all day. The garbage yards and points they got will pacify their fans into thinking "it wasn't that bad, we almost came back" but the truth is the game was well in hand for the Pats by the time Palmer and Co. mounted a short lived comeback.

SteelerEyeZ
09-13-2010, 09:31 PM
3 turnovers for Rat Birds lol

steelersbabex25
09-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Flacco is slackin.

Steel Trap86
09-13-2010, 09:36 PM
274 273

Root4Stlrs
09-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Flacco is slackin.

And he was whackoed on that first play of the game.

igor0190
09-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Cheers... the refs just marched the Rats down the field

Root4Stlrs
09-13-2010, 10:34 PM
It's always nice to see the self proclaimed great bungals get humbled by another team. They got completely manhandled all day. The garbage yards and points they got will pacify their fans into thinking "it wasn't that bad, we almost came back" but the truth is the game was well in hand for the Pats by the time Palmer and Co. mounted a short lived comeback.

Graceful as the Dancing with the Stars finalist, Warren Sapp, may be -- he almost broke his leg today climbing down from the:lol: Bengals' bandwagon.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-13-2010, 10:40 PM

Go Steelers

":tt02::tt02::tt02:We have the Rings and the Class":tt02::tt02::tt02:[/QUOTE]

Yea i had the same experience when me and my son went to the game against the Saints in 06, I was real impressed at the way the Steelers fan acted the whole game, even though when Reggie Bush fumbled the whole stadium was chantting REG-GIE REG_GIE:lol: But the Saints fans were doing it when Reggie scored...I want to add that this weekend showed me that The Bungels were very overated we all knew this in Steeler nation, the Rats are still who i knew they were, if u have a good defense like us u can beat the Rats, Flacco sucks under pressure if u get a few early hits on him he's done for the rest of the game...This division belongs to us plain and simple...

SteelerEyeZ
09-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Well it looks like the Jets GAVE the Rat Birds the game....I mean come on....the jets couldn't get a third down if they where on the field by themselves, The Ravens did not impress me to much and if Joe thinks the Jets have good linebackers then he knows pitts will be gunning for him....Really wasn't impressed at all by either side. Hard Knocks....lol what a joke.

Lets GO steelers

on a funny note i did like Buffalo Wild Wings new commercial with the sending of the game to OT with the sprinklers

--- Added 9/13/2010 at 09:27 PM ---

OMG IS BA calling the plays for the Ravens!!!!! YOU THROW IT ON 3rd down with 1:52 left......WHAT I think my last post was a little early lol

LarryNJ
09-13-2010, 11:32 PM
It's always nice to see the self proclaimed great bungals get humbled by another team.

I wish the other self proclaimed great team from New York didn't follow suit but they did. The Ratbirds did what they had to to win.

SteelerEyeZ
09-13-2010, 11:32 PM
LOL WAY TO SCREW UP MY PERFECT WEEKEND JETS

Black@Gold Forever32
09-13-2010, 11:44 PM
For every Steelers fan that is knocking Dennis Dixon.....We could have Mark "Dirty" Sanchez starting.....lol I know Mark played in the AFC title game last year but he looked flat out terrible tonight after a very average rookie year......Dixon looked better then Mark in my opinion.....Plus Mark was the 5th overall pick in the 2009 draft....lol

SteelerEyeZ
09-13-2010, 11:47 PM
lol well said, Dixon can at least run, and what was up with NOOOOOO long balls, EVERYONE knows that the ravens secondary is hurting and Sandy never even attempted to through the ball deep

Black@Gold Forever32
09-13-2010, 11:51 PM
Sanchez is a scared little bitch and over-rated.....The Jets losing ruined my perfect football weekend.....

The Steelers won....check Bengals lost.....check........ Colts lost.......check.......Ravens somehow ****ing won.....lol without the penalties by the Jets tonight the Ravens wouldn't even scored....lol

Dan*Rooney
09-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Sanchez sucks. We've known this since last year. How is he overrated? 12 TDs and 20 INTs with a 60 passer rating.

Good thing for us is Flacco didn't look good either.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-14-2010, 12:04 AM
it wasn't a blow out. ravens started out looking like the turds they are and then after the half the jets crawled back into the sewer they came out of. hate to b 1 n 1 with the ratbirds but not intimidated like last year. just sayin. mt just keep unleashin hell.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-14-2010, 01:03 AM
Sanchez sucks. We've known this since last year. How is he overrated? 12 TDs and 20 INTs with a 60 passer rating.

Good thing for us is Flacco didn't look good either.

I guess you missed the Monday night talking heads slobbing all over Sanchez and Flacco.......lol That is why I said he was over-rated....No need to post the stats I know them....lol

Flacco squats to pee when it counts......I have stated this for months.......

steelcitysfinestXL
09-14-2010, 07:55 AM

LOL!!! ALOT of hype over these two team and boy did they disappoint on offense. The Ravens pass-pro looked like garbage and Flacco STILL has no clue about reading his protection and feeling the rush. Dude takes some MASSIVE shots that he never sees coming.

coldrolled
09-14-2010, 08:01 AM
you have to say, that was two rex ryan defenses playing each other.

lets see what happens this week with cinci vs rats and jets vs pats

the jets and ravens offense both had flashes of our offense this week.

i guess thats afcn football.

Root4Stlrs
09-14-2010, 08:15 AM
For every Steelers fan that is knocking Dennis Dixon.....We could have Mark "Dirty" Sanchez starting.....lol I know Mark played in the AFC title game last year but he looked flat out terrible tonight after a very average rookie year......Dixon looked better then Mark in my opinion.....Plus Mark was the 5th overall pick in the 2009 draft....lol

He was horrible. Even when people were open he was afraid to throw it downfield. What did he have -- like 70 or 80 yards passing? After the game, he was giving himself credit for not throwing any interceptions, like that was more important than winning the game. I thought how can you throw an interception when you never throw a pass more than 5 yards? Dixon looked as good as Flacco did last night. They would never have scored a TD if Cromartie and the rookie CB don't get all those stupid interference penalties on third and forever and then the running into the kicker one that turned the FG into a TD.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-14-2010, 08:26 AM
LOL i have to admit im one of the people who THOUGHT he could be a good QB in this league coming out of college. And im pretty hard on USC and UF guys cause they have every avail. weapon afforded to them in college and tends to be "Scheme Players". He sure hasnt showed it thus far!

LarryNJ
09-14-2010, 08:39 AM
The Jets are by far the most over rated hyped team. After next week they will be 2 games behind the Pats.

Troyisabeast_43
09-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Flacco did make some throws down the field he had TJ,Boldin,and Heap make great catches for him though...However, I still am not sold on Flacco as well being a money QB when it counts. The Steelers can definitely get to him when they meet the Ravens in a few weeks and hopefully cause him a bunch of turnovers like the Jets defense did last night...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-14-2010, 09:24 AM
For the record...the Ravens did just go into a very hostile place and take a win from a very good football team with possibly the best defense in the game this year...

There really aren't any style points in the NFL especially when you beat a really good team.

Troyisabeast_43
09-14-2010, 09:29 AM
For the record...the Ravens did just go into a very hostile place and take a win from a very good football team with possibly the best defense in the game this year...

There really aren't any style points in the NFL especially when you beat a really good team.

Im with you Joe they did beat a pretty good team in the Jets...But the Ravens offense will need to play better and score more points down the road against offenses who can put the ball in the end zone which the Jets had no chance of doing last night...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Im with you Joe they did beat a pretty good team in the Jets...But the Ravens offense will need to play better and score more points down the road against offenses who can put the ball in the end zone which the Jets had no chance of doing last night...

I think they will. Offenses just don't look all that great when they're playing against the best defense in the league. That said, Flacco looked like crap last night and I was screaming at the TV for much of the game.

LarryNJ
09-14-2010, 09:41 AM
What was up with leaving the Jets leaving that rookie CB all alone all night long. It didn't make any sense to me. There's no doubt that the Ravens offense will play better than they did last night. Rice, Bolden, Heap will make Flacco's job easier. But there's also no doubt that their defense isn't as good as the Jets made them look.

Layin the wood
09-14-2010, 09:47 AM
What was up with leaving the Jets leaving that rookie CB all alone all night long. It didn't make any sense to me. There's no doubt that the Ravens offense will play better than they did last night. Rice, Bolden, Heap will make Flacco's job easier. But there's also no doubt that their defense isn't as good as the Jets made them look.

:plus1: I know their defense isnt that good! If they were playing NE or IND they would have got destroyed!!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-14-2010, 09:48 AM

To me it appeared that Rex had a very poor game plan last night. The score said 10-9 but the Ravens controlled the ball for almost two thirds of the game. Having that kid out there alone was very poor especially when everyone watching the game knew the Ravens were targeting him. The Jets also look to be a very undisciplined team. They remind me of the Ravens from a few years back.

--- Added 9/14/2010 at 07:48 AM ---

:plus1: I know their defense isnt that good! If they were playing NE or IND they would have got destroyed!!

Looks like the Steelers will have a chance to find out first hand later this season. I wouldn't rag on them too bad until then.

LatrobePA
09-14-2010, 09:55 AM
To me it appeared that Rex had a very poor game plan last night. The score said 10-9 but the Ravens controlled the ball for almost two thirds of the game. Having that kid out there alone was very poor especially when everyone watching the game knew the Ravens were targeting him. The Jets also look to be a very undisciplined team. They remind me of the Ravens from a few years back.

Looks like the Steelers will have a chance to find out first hand later this season. I wouldn't rag on them too bad until then.

Thank goodness the REFS showed up for the Ravens, would of been a tough one with out!

Seriously, a few of the calls were spot on, but a couple were ticky tacky!

81 is a beast, one hell of a pick up in the offseason!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Thank goodness the REFS showed up for the Ravens, would of been a tough one with out!

Seriously, a few of the calls were spot on, but a couple were ticky tacky!

81 is a beast, one hell of a pick up in the offseason!

I like Boldin...I'm just as excited about TJ though. Love that guy. Regarding those penalities...that's a typical Rex Ryan coached team. We used to get them when he coached in Baltimore, it's what happens when your team plays on 100% emotion instead of using their brains. The only call I saw that looked somewhat ticky tacky was the pass interference in the end-zone, but it was on TJ (an established player in the league who had beaten his man) and it was right in the officials face...he had to call it.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-14-2010, 10:10 AM
I guess you missed the Monday night talking heads slobbing all over Sanchez and Flacco.......lol That is why I said he was over-rated....No need to post the stats I know them....lol

seriously agree.

SteelDad
09-14-2010, 10:21 AM
I don't think we can take a lot from the Jets/Ravens game last night. Those are probably two of the top 5 defenses in the league and I have said all along the Jets would be wayyyyyy overrated. What has Sanchez proven? Greene has always been injury and fumble-prone? No Santonio til week 5 and so on... I think next week we'll know more from these two teams.

Regarding the fans being classy. It is good to hear, but unfortunately ever team has its' idiots who can make the experience horrible. If you ever get a chance, go to Green Bay when we are there. Not a bad word said to you. Packers fans are just glad to have you there to share their traditions and bratwurst and beer of course.

Layin the wood
09-14-2010, 10:28 AM

Week 4!!!!

LarryNJ
09-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Regarding the fans being classy. It is good to hear, but unfortunately ever team has its' idiots who can make the experience horrible. If you ever get a chance, go to Green Bay when we are there. Not a bad word said to you. Packers fans are just glad to have you there to share their traditions and bratwurst and beer of course.

It's the Mid-West mentality. When I went to KC last year at least 5 fans apologized to me for the Chiefs winning. They said they were sorry that I spent my money to visit their city and didn't see my team win. Usually the opposing team doesn't win at Arrowhead. It was actually pretty comical because they were so sincere. Than at the restaurant on the way to the airport our waiter apologized also.

KemoTherapy
09-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Ugly, ugly game last night between two knucklehead teams. Couldn't decide between which team I disliked the most between the Jets and their idiot loudmouthed fatass coach (and a seemingly $900 million payroll) and the traditional divisional rival.

SteelDad
09-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Ugly, ugly game last night between two knucklehead teams. Couldn't decide between which team I disliked the most between the Jets and their idiot loudmouthed fatass coach (and a seemingly $900 million payroll) and the traditional divisional rival.

Dead on. My son says, "Dad, who you rooting for in this one?" I said, "We have to root for the Jets cuz we want the Ravens to lose, but I hate the Jets too." My son replied, "Maybe they can just tie then.":lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-14-2010, 06:43 PM

JFSH........I agree man there is no style points in the NFL and a win is a win.....A huge win for the Ravens......But man you can't be impressed with your offense last night and yes the Jets are a very good defense but still the Ravens will have to face very good defenses in the play-offs........If the Jets didn't commit all those penalties the Ravens wouldn't even had scored....... I'm just stating facts man.....

For the Ravens to advance the Super Bowl they have some questions to answer.....Flacco must improve on his terrible play-off numbers....He has 1 TD and 6 INT's his play-off starts and his completion percentage is terrible.....

Plus their patched together secondary must hold up.....The Ravens won't be facing a pathetic passing attack like the Jets every week......

Trust me I know the Steelers have question marks of their own and I'm not putting them in the Super Bowl either yet.........

But after last night I wasn't impressed with the Ravens at all but like you said a win is a win.......

It will be fun to see it all play out and I can't wait for the first Steelers/Ravens game man.......