PDA

View Full Version : Hines still the best we have, no question

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Wallace made some nice plays today, he's a HUGE deep threat for us. Im excited to see where this kid is going in 2010. The more we use him the more he'll continue to light up the stats and the scoreboard.

I like our WR corp overall but when it comes right down to it the ageless wonder, the man who owns all the significant Steeler receiving records, Mr. Automatic gotta have the play Hines Ward is still proving why he's the best on this team. You just can't ignore the big plays he makes, the blocks, the way he still gets double teams and beats them. He had a great game today and was huge for us on multiple occasions; starting out his first game of 2010 over 100 yds receiving. Gotta love it.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Plus he had his 900th career reception too..not too shabby!

steelersbabex25
09-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Agreed..he got me 15.8 fantasy points :lol:

Moondog
09-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Hines is the man. I thought he really took Dennis under his wing and helped him to relax today by being his go to guy.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Perhaps not ageless, LOL, he doesn't stay as healthy as he used too and his hamstrings are problematic but when he's on the field he's giving it 1000% percent and he'll do whatever it takes to make the play.

Speeed
09-12-2010, 08:01 PM
It has better to have Hines Ward and not need him than need him and not have him. He is the defacto X factor. Need a profound play? He is there. Need a clinch first down to get the team moving after being virtually silent the entire game? He is there.

SnakeEyes43
09-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Plus I loved the way Hines was mentoring Dixon today, you could tell he was really giving Dennis the support that he needed, especially since Ben is not allowed anywhere near the Steelers organization or players. In Ben's absence, Dennis really needs the support of veteran leaders like Hines and Batch.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Plus I loved the way Hines was mentoring Dixon today, you could tell he was really giving Dennis the support that he needed, especially since Ben is not allowed anywhere near the Steelers organization or players. In Ben's absence, Dennis really needs the support of veteran leaders like Hines and Batch.

Very true. I could see Hines on the sideline with Dennis taking him through defenses and focusing his attention. Hines made some amazing plays today. IMO he is the toughest WR in the league. I am so glad he is a Steeler and that he chooses to mentor the younger players. He is a class act.

jpele
09-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Hines is and always will be " The Man " in my book.

K Train
09-13-2010, 12:15 AM
bullshit, he'll be the best as long as dixon is in there, once ben gets back wallace is gonna be the sex

PsychoWard
09-13-2010, 12:15 AM
absolutely!! 100% class act! He had a HUGE game, and a great mentor to Dixon!!

Real Deal Steel
09-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Hines knows how to find the the open spots in a secondary and sits in them. That's something know other receiver knows yet. And that comes from experience.

I want to see Dixon go with Miller and Hines early to settle in.

igor0190
09-13-2010, 01:10 AM
bullshit, he'll be the best as long as dixon is in there, once ben gets back wallace is gonna be the sex

Lol, love how you just called b#llsh*t on a bunch of people agreeing on something. :lol::lol:

Ward is the man, but you are right that Ben will make much better use of Wallace's talents. There is no doubt about it.

Dobre Shunka
09-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Wish we could clone him.

igor0190
09-13-2010, 01:28 AM
Wish we could clone him.

No doubt... gotta love how Ward plays the game and comes through in the clutch.
People were hoping for the Steelers to draft Golden Tate because they saw similarities but by all accounts he is not doing well in Seattle.

SnakeEyes43
09-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Lol, love how you just called b#llsh*t on a bunch of people agreeing on something. :lol::lol:

Ward is the man, but you are right that Ben will make much better use of Wallace's talents. There is no doubt about it.

Wallace will have better numbers with Ben, but Heath and Hines are Ben's safety nets. They are his go-to-guys. If Hines stays healthy, he'll have a great year. He is the true #1 on this team right now.

coldrolled
09-13-2010, 07:25 AM
Hines knows how to find the the open spots in a secondary and sits in them. That's something know other receiver knows yet. And that comes from experience.

I want to see Dixon go with Miller and Hines early to settle in.

Randel El has experience..:lol:

steelcitysfinestXL
09-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Somebody said hines "will have trouble getting open this year" due to his age... laughable! He looked like he is primed to pick up where he left off. With the protection DD had, like K said, i cant wait to see Ben cause then the WHOLE field is open and Wallace will emerge.