PDA

View Full Version : Who else is sick of Terry Bradshaw's comments?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2010, 05:17 PM
I know he's a Steeler legend. I know he led us to 4 SB wins. I know he has a right to his opinion as much as anyone else. I know he is the most prolific Steeler QB of all time but seriously he really needs to chill out with the comments about Ben!

Now he's mouthing off saying if he was the owner of the Steelers, Ben would be gone. Seriously Terry, people don't care what you think as much as you think they do. Stop ragging on Ben and let it drop. The Rooney's aren't going to release him no matter how much you rant about him. He is seriously pissing off the Steeler Nation more and more with each comment about Ben. Get over it Terry; leave the modern day Steelers alone. The Rooney's obviously know how to run the franchise, they've been at it for quite awhile now ya know.

Ok..rant off...

coldrolled
09-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Terry sounds like a dad trying to get his kid to man up.....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2010, 05:22 PM
I know it goes against the holy words of the old school Steeler fans but at this point it is what it is. Terry needs to stop talking about it, nobody else is anymore. Get over it, do your commentary and leave the Steelers alone. Didn't his mommy ever tell him if you can't say anything to just STFU? :lol:

steelersbabex25
09-12-2010, 05:23 PM
He's just scared Ben's gonna steal his thunder. I would be scared too if I were him :lol:

igor0190
09-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Terry sounds like a dad trying to get his kid to man up.....

More like a terribly stubborn parent with an ego crossed with a broken record that repeats the same thing because nobody acknowledges his stupid comments. He definately needs to keep his yapper shut and talk about something else.

harpo
09-12-2010, 05:24 PM
He's just scared Ben's gonna steal his thunder. I would be scared too if I were him :lol:

:yellowthumb::lol::plus1:

HUNT4SEVEN
09-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Terry who?:lol: he made some great points about Ben but enough is enough lets move on and hopefully they can mend their relationship while Ben is off for these next 3 weeks:lol:

SnakeEyes43
09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. Bradshaw needs to shut up, like you said, no one cares what he has to say anymore. Ben is paying for what he did, leave it alone. To me, Bradshaw's coming off as just a fat, bald, insecure old man that doesn't want to have his records shattered by Ben. Shut up Terry.

PsychoWard
09-12-2010, 05:53 PM
yea terry needs to shut up!!! He keeps on saying how Ben disrespects women but how many wives has terry gone though??? Don't get me wrong Terry is a huge icon in Steelers football but imo i think he is just scared of Ben breaking his records!

nuclearchihuahuas
09-12-2010, 06:02 PM
I would like to address Mr. Bradshaw,
Sir, the NFL prides itself on providing the best possible "fan experience". I realize you are no longer in the employ of the NFL, however, it is our support and love for these players, teams, and the league that keep you and FOX sports in business. The Steeler Nation would like to enjoy this season but you have made it extremely difficult. Most recently, Mr. Bradshaw, you took advantage of your employment position to rant at Ben Roethlisberger for past occurrences. This was unsavory and unneccessary. There was a time when I would have walked behind you and swept up the dirt from your tracks to keep as a souvenier. After this distasteful display on FOX pregame, which I had to turn off because I was becoming ill over your insensitivity to the Steeler Nation, I can assure you, that is no longer my sentiment. It is not your place to chastise Ben publicly for any reason. That was a conversation you should have had privately with Ben. We have had enough stress and disappointment this offseason and finally saw the light of the 1st game then you destroy our elation with your rant. Its not all about you, Mr. Bradshaw, its about us, the Steeler Nation and you clearly did not think of us at all while pontificating from your pulpit. A most unimpressive display.

steelersbabex25
09-12-2010, 06:05 PM
what she said ^

steelerfan11
09-12-2010, 06:21 PM
NOPE!!! I love Terry!

LatrobePA
09-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Terry can kiss my harry ***!! F him, it's water under the bridge, get over it stupid!

SteelJunkie
09-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Well Terry is an ***. He must be off his meds yet again.

Speeed
09-12-2010, 06:54 PM
He is entitled to his opinion but I agree. He has made his point. We know Bradshaw's lineage and creed. Move on Mr. Bradshaw. Roethlisberger has.

Moondog
09-12-2010, 06:56 PM
I wish I would have seen this, was it really that bad?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2010, 07:00 PM
I would like to address Mr. Bradshaw,
Sir, the NFL prides itself on providing the best possible "fan experience". I realize you are no longer in the employ of the NFL, however, it is our support and love for these players, teams, and the league that keep you and FOX sports in business. The Steeler Nation would like to enjoy this season but you have made it extremely difficult. Most recently, Mr. Bradshaw, you took advantage of your employment position to rant at Ben Roethlisberger for past occurrences. This was unsavory and unneccessary. There was a time when I would have walked behind you and swept up the dirt from your tracks to keep as a souvenier. After this distasteful display on FOX pregame, which I had to turn off because I was becoming ill over your insensitivity to the Steeler Nation, I can assure you, that is no longer my sentiment. It is not your place to chastise Ben publicly for any reason. That was a conversation you should have had privately with Ben. We have had enough stress and disappointment this offseason and finally saw the light of the 1st game then you destroy our elation with your rant. Its not all about you, Mr. Bradshaw, its about us, the Steeler Nation and you clearly did not think of us at all while pontificating from your pulpit. A most unimpressive display.

Very well said, I will be using this in my Bradshaw article (if that's ok) forthcoming hopefully this week.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Very well said, I will be using this in my Bradshaw article (if that's ok) forthcoming hopefully this week.

Absolutely, hope it helps!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Im just so irritated with Terry thinking he's still this almighty Steeler god and that people actually think his opinion matters to the Steelers front office. It's evident they believe in Ben, they kept him around, they know what he means to the organization. Short leash or not Ben is the QB for this team for the long run.

Thanks man, I'll be sure and give you credit!

nuclearchihuahuas
09-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Im just so irritated with Terry thinking he's still this almighty Steeler god and that people actually think his opinion matters to the Steelers front office. It's evident they believe in Ben, they kept him around, they know what he means to the organization. Short leash or not Ben is the QB for this team for the long run.

Thanks man, I'll be sure and give you credit!

no problem---oh, that's Ms. or Ma'am if you please...not man LOL :tt02:

now go forth and rant away!

PsychoWard
09-12-2010, 07:50 PM

lol i was going to say something but didn't want to but the all might tg in his place lol :hail:

TheButt
09-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Terry has the right to say whatever the hell he wants to. He earned it.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2010, 09:31 PM

LOL, sorry it was a typo on my part. These game day's are a lot of work and I get tongue twisted sometimes and what not :bonk: No worries.. Ms. :lol:

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Terry can say whatever he wants it's his opinion. Should he still be ranting on about Ben, me I don't think so, but if you think this is going to be the last of it I believe yins are wrong. When his suspension is up and he starts playing again,this subject ,no matter how painful it is to STEELER Nation, will be all the news again. I didn't see what he said but I also know it probably would have pissed me off also. One would hope that being a STEELER alumni he would have a little more sensitivity to the feelings of STEELER Nation but he is also in the business of gathering ratings and obviously he feels more strongly about that...:2cents:

steelersbabex25
09-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Terry has the right to say whatever the hell he wants to. He earned it.

Regardless of what he did when he played or what he "earned," it isn't necessary to keep bringing the same thing up over and over and over again. We get it, you don't like Ben. You think he's immature, you think the Steelers should get rid of him, he was rude when you talked to him, ok, we understand. We heard you the first ten times.

PsychoWard
09-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Regardless of what he did when he played or what he "earned," it isn't necessary to keep bringing the same thing up over and over and over again. We get it, you don't like Ben. You think he's immature, you think the Steelers should get rid of him, he was rude when you talked to him, ok, we understand. We heard you the first ten times.

Exactly!!! and he made a point to bring it up on national TV this time!! Grow up Terry!!!

SteelDad
09-12-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm an old-timer and I'm biased, but even I have grown extremely tired of the Ben-bashing TB has done. There was absolutely no reason for him to comment on BR today so it tells me he really is jealous of the kid and doesn't like the fact that BR doesn't care for him. I think TB still feels offended that Ben didn't heed his advice. I love you Terry, you'll always be my favorite, but shut up on this subject already.

steelercowgirl
09-12-2010, 09:53 PM
ya dang right terry has earne that right to say what he has voiced his opinon on ''baby ben',., i read YOU get it BUT if baby ben thinks he cant replaced he better watch goin up stairs* how long do ya think the Rooneys & the STEELER org is gonna keep puttin up with his foolishness* Look at what happed to Santiago..yepp im new but i gonna voice my opinon as well.. just like yall do,, & tk ya kindly*:yellowthumb:yes terry needs to lighten up BUT its in all the teams& we just see it on the one we all love soo much,,When Ben gonna 'Grow UP' YES the episodes in each & ever player that 'screws up' does hurt & reflect on the that 'nation' not just ours"Respect yourself & your team mates'

steelersbabex25
09-12-2010, 10:05 PM
...what?

jpele
09-12-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm as old school as you'll get here, Bradshaw has his opinion and I chose not to watch the FOX pre game show because of Bradshaw. Terry should give marriage advice, he has experience.

Scorp
09-13-2010, 12:08 AM

Until Ben win's 4 he will not steel Terry's thunder. He's pretty damn close though. :yellowthumb:

Dobre Shunka
09-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Daddy Bradshaw, I just wish you would SHUT YOUR BIG YAPPER!

KSSteelerfan
09-13-2010, 01:31 AM
Maybe Terry's starting to get senile. who knows at this point what Terry's motivation is for saying what he says. He either has a an agenda or else an axe to grind. :2cents:

SnakeEyes43
09-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Until Ben win's 4 he will not steel Terry's thunder. He's pretty damn close though. :yellowthumb:

Ben may not have 4 Lombardis...yet... but he is better QB than Bradshaw was. Maybe not off the field, but when the pads are on, Ben is about is good as they get. Just saying.:imho:

LarryNJ
09-13-2010, 06:38 AM
:plus1:

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
Buddha

If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.
Winston Churchill

Layin the wood
09-13-2010, 08:47 AM
As a veteran Steeler fan i remember watching the great steeler teams of the 70's and i know that TB was almost ran out of town early in his career ( the way he played we had a right to boo him ) but he rebounded to win 4 SB's. After watching the pregame show yesterday i thought TB was way out of line. He should know from experience that young players have to mature as they become veterans. TB made some very poor decisions when he first came into the league and said some things about Steeler fans that he probably shouldnt have but we forgave him. For TB to say the front office should trade BB and that he should never play for them again is like the pot calling the kettle black. He was very lucky that the Rooneys didnt trade him after he made some poor decisions. Being accused of a crime and being convicted of a crime are two different things. So TB needs to shut up and let the Rooneys take care of their team. After 2 more SB's people will forget about TB anyway!!!

Sir Blitzelot
09-13-2010, 09:12 AM
I have always considered myself a fan of Terry Bradshaw's and I respect him a great deal. However, I saw his rant on the Fox pregame show and I thought it was really uncalled-for. I just don't think it's right when a player gets ripped on national television, when he has no way to defend himself.

Also, I am not interested in hearing how this organization SHOULD do business. I'm sorry TB, but I think the Rooney family and the front office have a better idea on how to run an organization, than you do. :2cents:

LatrobePA
09-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Terry needs to MAN up and do this ripping while Ben is present so he can defend himself.

NO ONE has proof as to what happened in GA! F-OFF TB!!

LarryNJ
09-13-2010, 09:29 AM
OK, Terry, I know you're depressed and all but I'm sure your mind remembers this.

"I had separated myself from God. I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before … my whole life was out of control … I was trying to be someone else and was doing a rotten job of it."
What happened to Bradshaw amounted to a second "conversion" experience. "I just put my head in my hands and began to cry and tremble all over and finally I blurted out, 'Here I am, God. I've tried to handle it all by myself and I just can't get the job done. So I'm placing my life in Your hands. I need some peace of mind and I know You can give it to me.'" The quarterback recalls feeling suddenly "stronger mentally and physically.… Being a starting quarterback didn't matter.… What mattered was that I was myself again and I was determined to stay that way."

Sounds very similar to what Ben recently said.

PsychoWard
09-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Also, I am not interseted in hearing how this organization SHOULD do business. I'm sorry TB, but I think the Rooney family and the front office have a better idea on how to run an organization, than you do. :2cents:

Very well Put!!! Couldn't agree more!

Root4Stlrs
09-13-2010, 09:41 AM
OK, Terry, I know you're depressed and all but I'm sure your mind remembers this.

"I had separated myself from God. I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before … my whole life was out of control … I was trying to be someone else and was doing a rotten job of it."
What happened to Bradshaw amounted to a second "conversion" experience. "I just put my head in my hands and began to cry and tremble all over and finally I blurted out, 'Here I am, God. I've tried to handle it all by myself and I just can't get the job done. So I'm placing my life in Your hands. I need some peace of mind and I know You can give it to me.'" The quarterback recalls feeling suddenly "stronger mentally and physically.… Being a starting quarterback didn't matter.… What mattered was that I was myself again and I was determined to stay that way."

Thanks for the info. Terry's behavior makes a little more sense now. I didn't hear his rant yesterday since we were at the game, but I certainly don't want Ben to be traded. It's night and day without him at QB. Bradshaw is like the ex-smoker who can't stand to be around cigarette smoke and rants about current smokers. This is really more about Terry than it is about Ben.

LarryNJ
09-13-2010, 10:02 AM
This is really more about Terry than it is about Ben.

We have a winner! You hit the nail on the head!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Gotta say I agree with you here. Terry needs to move on. Part of me thinks he's threatened by Ben and him going down as "THE" Steeler QB and he's saying all this crap because of it.

Blazedby92
09-13-2010, 11:51 AM
STFU Terry:nono:
I heard he lives in a glass house.

Steelerlyn
09-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Not all Steeler fans agree with the rest of you on Ben boy. I am one of them. I liked him in his rookie year and not after. I do not wish him to do badly because that would affect the team and I am a huge Steeler fan.......a franchise fan not a player fan and a huge football fan starting with jv on Thursday nights, hs on Friday nights, pee wee on Sat mornings, college Sat pm, pro on Sunday and finally MNF.

Terry Bradshaw is a hero, Ben is a star.....stars come and go heros are forever. But from what I am reading in 40 years your current star will be a piece of crap. Where is the loyalty that Terry Bradshaw has earned?

If a person does not agree with the clique on this site they can not even make a post and that is why you have so many ppl who have joined but don't post because no one deserves name calling but they will get it on this site if they have an opposing opinion of the clique.

So rip me a new one for using this forum to disagree with you, which is what I thought a mesage board's purpose was.

KSSteelerfan
09-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Not all Steeler fans agree with the rest of you on Ben boy. I am one of them. I liked him in his rookie year and not after. I do not wish him to do badly because that would affect the team and I am a huge Steeler fan.......a franchise fan not a player fan and a huge football fan starting with jv on Thursday nights, hs on Friday nights, pee wee on Sat mornings, college Sat pm, pro on Sunday and finally MNF.

Terry Bradshaw is a hero, Ben is a star.....stars come and go heros are forever. But from what I am reading in 40 years your current star will be a piece of crap. Where is the loyalty that Terry Bradshaw has earned?

If a person does not agree with the clique on this site they can not even make a post and that is why you have so many ppl who have joined but don't post because no one deserves name calling but they will get it on this site if they have an opposing opinion of the clique.

So rip me a new one for using this forum to disagree with you, which is what I thought a mesage board's purpose was.

No one should rip you a new one. Last time I checked you are entitled to your opinion...I for one wont rip on you Lyn.......:yesnod:

igor0190
09-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah... I don't think the issue is Bradshaws opinion. It's that he keeps bringing it up out of thin air to talk about it every chance he gets. It's repetitive. We've heard your opinion already many times. Bringing it up over and over is just making you look like your trying to get revenge or something.

Steel Trap86
09-13-2010, 02:48 PM
seems like bradshaw is bens biggest hater right now...and ben has a lot lol

Blazedby92
09-13-2010, 02:56 PM

STEELERLYN did you read LARRYNJ quote of Terry ( put on top for you)as we all know Terry was just perfect wasn't he one heck of a hero, YOUR hero, seems to me he once was a STAR himself and wanted everyone to know it just didn't have the media like today to get it all out. Of course who really wanted to follow an at best above AVG. QB around that rode the shirttales of the defense. Terry isn't a pimple on Ben arse as a player and Terry knows it that's why he likes to put the spotlight on Bad Ben.

Ben did something REALLY stupid but haven't you did stuff that you wish you could get back. I bet Terry would like to get some stuff back.

Just sounds to me that the only year you liked Ben was the Rookie year until some bad stuff came out about him, who cares you would be suprised of the players you like wouldn't give you the time of day so are they Stars too. So my point is while Terry was winning and the bad stuff he did got swept under the rug he is a freaking hero.

ON the other hand i commend you on staying sour about Ben some people already tried to jump back onto a moving bandwagon.

Steelerlyn
09-13-2010, 03:25 PM
STEELERLYN did you read LARRYNJ quote of Terry ( put on top for you)as we all know Terry was just perfect wasn't he one heck of a hero, YOUR hero, seems to me he once was a STAR himself and wanted everyone to know it just didn't have the media like today to get it all out. Of course who really wanted to follow an at best above AVG. QB around that rode the shirttales of the defense. Terry isn't a pimple on Ben arse as a player and Terry knows it that's why he likes to put the spotlight on Bad Ben.

Ben did something REALLY stupid but haven't you did stuff that you wish you could get back. I bet Terry would like to get some stuff back.

Just sounds to me that the only year you liked Ben was the Rookie year until some bad stuff came out about him, who cares you would be suprised of the players you like wouldn't give you the time of day so are they Stars too. So my point is while Terry was winning and the bad stuff he did got swept under the rug he is a freaking hero.

ON the other hand i commend you on staying sour about Ben some people already tried to jump back onto a moving bandwagon.

I have seen Bradshaw play football and I know all about him, his ups, his downs and his screwups. So please do not turn this around on me. Bradshaw is the hero and heros are FOREVER. Ben is not a pimple on anyone's butt. I liked ben until he started screwing up. Please do not feel the necessity to tell me about other players as I certainly do not need you or anyone else to advise me on the game of football or some of the thugs that play it. Ben is not a thug, he just has no respect for women, no morals or ethics.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Point is, Ben brought this on himself. Terry can say what he wants when he wants. Not because he "earned" anything, but because we have what is known as freedom of speech in this country. People with a voice say dumbshit all the time. (look at some of the posts of here, lol) From Don Imas to Isaiah Washington, famous people have said alot worse than what that crazy ol'bastard said Sunday morning. Hell Imas and Wasington both got FIRED, lol... If ya dont like it dont listen. Get over it guys... Im sure Ben is!

I watched every second of Bradshaw's little rant and i said to myself: "I wonder if Ben will even see this?" Im sure he has heard about it or will hear about it, and he'll ignore it! Rightfully so. Ben made whatever mistakes he has made (IMO mostly repeated use of poor judgement) and NOW he's paying for it. I said before training camp when everyone was complaining about the "Ben Bashing" in the media, "we havent seen ANYTHING yet!" Its not gonna stop until the end of the season -or- until something momentous happens... say a 7th Superbowl!?!? In all honesty Bens actions have caused the MAJOR over-reaction by the media and fans. It all stems back to his mistakes. Dont blame the media for beating it to death to sell publications. Dont blame Terry for being jealous, self-absorbed and a bit of a window-licker... blame #7. In the end, no matter how over-blown it has been, i hate to say it, but its still his fault. HE is the reason Steeler Nation is suffering right now!

As far as Terry, meh... I didnt expect much more from him.

side-note: did anyone make it all the way through cowgirls post??? i tried and i just couldnt do it anymore!

Blazedby92
09-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I have seen Bradshaw play football and I know all about him, his ups, his downs and his screwups. So please do not turn this around on me. Bradshaw is the hero and heros are FOREVER. Ben is not a pimple on anyone's butt. I liked ben until he started screwing up. Please do not feel the necessity to tell me about other players as I certainly do not need you or anyone else to advise me on the game of football or some of the thugs that play it. Ben is not a thug, he just has no respect for women, no morals or ethics.

Please explain what makes a hero because I haven't heard TB doing anything special to become a hero to you. I guess you know these guys personally that you can lay judgement on them. Were you there that night in georgia? I assume not so you don't know what went on hell the girl was underage in a bar, I'm sure she was a respectful young lady even when she willfully went into that hallway and bathroom. I am sure Respectful women always wear DTF "down to f***" on a name tag in a bar.

" I liked ben until he started screwing up" sounds like a fair weather fan to me. You said it yourself Terry screwed up too but he is still "my hero" because he won 4 SB. How many marriages did Terry have HMMMM must have respect and morales that's why they left. Like I said he is a hero because he won games and the media didn't air his dirty laundry( 3 marriages and 3 divorces) what a respectful hero.

By the end of BB's career he will not only be your hero, he we be Legendary and and Bradshaw's memory in the record books will be all but erased. I am sure you were cheering the last 2 sb or do you think Batch or Dixon could have got us there

Root4Stlrs
09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
If ya dont like it dont listen. Get over it guys... Im sure Ben is!

blame #7. In the end, no matter how over-blown it has been, i hate to say it, but its still his fault. HE is the reason Steeler Nation is suffering right now!

Some of us may not like it and still choose to listen because we want to be informed. It's really not something I need to get over b/c it's just my opinion that Terry might want to tone down his rants about getting rid of Ben. This opinion is not incongruent with holding Ben responsible for his actions. For whatever it's worth, I haven't given him a free pass. I hope that he has learned a lesson and won't have further incidents in the future.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Some of us may not like it and still choose to listen because we want to be informed. It's really not something I need to get over b/c it's just my opinion that Terry might want to tone down his rants about getting rid of Ben.

I understand your point and the thread was based on what Bradshaw said. With that being said, I think the majority of us (who are of sound mind and judgement) know Terry has crossed the line about Ben (on a personal level) before. It shouldnt be a suprise that he did it again. The point of my post is why be in an uproar about it? Was anybody suprised by this? If you were than i guess this is news worthy. If you saw the broadcast, or any of his past interviews, you could tell an anti-Ben rant was coming. Thats just how far Terry, a Steeler Legend, has fallen. At this point, Bradshaw is doing less for Ben and making more of an *** out of himself. Basically it was pointless and made everyone involved look foolish.

lem0nt68
09-13-2010, 05:10 PM
I think everyone just need to take a step back from this situation and let it go. TB made his points and he needs to move on. I am sure BR has heard everything that was said, and is doing the right thing by not commenting on it.

Let's all stay united under the BLACK and GOLD towel and move forward to another SB victory and continue to shut up the haters in the NFL.

Remember, the haters predicted that we would be 0-4 without BR. We have already proved them wrong, so let's keep it up.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-13-2010, 05:13 PM
I think everyone just need to take a step back from this situation and let it go. TB made his points and he needs to move on. I am sure BR has heard everything that was said, and is doing the right thing by not commenting on it.

:plus1: i couldnt agree more!

steelersbabex25
09-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Just to say..I think calling any football player a hero is rediculous. They get paid millions of dollars to play a game..winning a few games doesn't make them heroes.

Blazedby92
09-13-2010, 05:47 PM
My whole point is BB was being stupid (i didn't say guilty because none of us know the whole story) but that everyone does wrong why judge when you don't know, especially when the other guys you worship are just as bad. Also tired of fairweather fans too.

airbrake 1
09-13-2010, 06:08 PM
I have been a giant fan of terry for years but he really needs to shut up. Ben is paying his restitution to the nfl this should be the end of it. I think terry of all people would know what the pressure of being the pittsburgh steelers superstar quarterback is all about and would give ben some slack now, he has to remember how he was treated in this town(very badly). But what i don't understand is why people keep asking what his opinion on ben roethlisberger is ,why don't they ask him what his opinion is on cedric benson,donte stallworth,or vince young...i think these other media people know they can stir the pot by asking terry about ben, because i guess in their heads terry is some steeler insider. well he's not, hasn't been in a long time, he doesn't speak for the team or the rooneys.. I love you terry but it's time to shut up and that goes for all the other ben haters also if you don't like ben being on our team find another team to lend your weak kneed support:tt02:

TheButt
09-13-2010, 06:09 PM
I think most of you are missing one main point that TB stated.... BEN SHOULD HAVE BEEN LET GO !! CUT OR REALEASED OR WHATEVER !!

And that ladys and gents is a fact , I dont care whether Ben is guilty or not.

hyp·o·crite   /ˈhɪpəkrɪt/ Show Spelled[hip-uh-krit] Show IPA
–noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Imagine if this were Romo or Flaco..... see above ^^

SteelDad
09-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Point is, Ben brought this on himself. Terry can say what he wants when he wants. Not because he "earned" anything, but because we have what is known as freedom of speech in this country. People with a voice say dumbshit all the time. (look at some of the posts of here, lol) From Don Imas to Isaiah Washington, famous people have said alot worse than what that crazy ol'bastard said Sunday morning. Hell Imas and Wasington both got FIRED, lol... If ya dont like it dont listen. Get over it guys... Im sure Ben is!

I watched every second of Bradshaw's little rant and i said to myself: "I wonder if Ben will even see this?" Im sure he has heard about it or will hear about it, and he'll ignore it! Rightfully so. Ben made whatever mistakes he has made (IMO mostly repeated use of poor judgement) and NOW he's paying for it. I said before training camp when everyone was complaining about the "Ben Bashing" in the media, "we havent seen ANYTHING yet!" Its not gonna stop until the end of the season -or- until something momentous happens... say a 7th Superbowl!?!? In all honesty Bens actions have caused the MAJOR over-reaction by the media and fans. It all stems back to his mistakes. Dont blame the media for beating it to death to sell publications. Dont blame Terry for being jealous, self-absorbed and a bit of a window-licker... blame #7. In the end, no matter how over-blown it has been, i hate to say it, but its still his fault. HE is the reason Steeler Nation is suffering right now!

As far as Terry, meh... I didnt expect much more from him.

side-note: did anyone make it all the way through cowgirls post??? i tried and i just couldnt do it anymore!

Very well said man. Kudos.:clap::clap:

Blazedby92
09-13-2010, 07:10 PM
why don't they ask him what his opinion is on cedric benson,donte stallworth,or vince young...i think these other media people know they can stir the pot by asking terry about ben, because i guess in their heads terry is some steeler insider. well he's not, hasn't been in a long time, he doesn't speak for the team or the rooneys.. I love you terry but it's time to shut up and that goes for all the other ben haters also if you don't like ben being on our team find another team to lend your weak kneed support:tt02:

:yellowthumb::cope:

I think most of you are missing one main point that TB stated.... BEN SHOULD HAVE BEEN LET GO !! CUT OR REALEASED OR WHATEVER !!

And that ladys and gents is a fact , I dont care whether Ben is guilty or not.

–noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Imagine if this were Romo or Flaco..... see above ^^

We wouldn't even have an NFL if we cut "HYPOCRITES"
Hey next time put the full def.
Because #2 sounds like you and everyone else.

–noun
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

TheButt
09-13-2010, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Blazedby92;361197]:yellowthumb::cope:

We wouldn't even have an NFL if we cut "HYPOCRITES"
Hey next time put the full def.
Because #2 sounds like you and everyone else.

Ummm... I did not call any player "HYPOCRITES".

Really wtf are you talking about ? LOL.

LarryNJ
09-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Forget Terry...Flacco just got sandwiched! :)

Blazedby92
09-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Ummm... I did not call any player "HYPOCRITES".

Really wtf are you talking about ? LOL.

Then whats with the Definition of hypocrite

Looks like my point is made already in NY http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jets-looking-to-address-alleged-harassment-of-fe?urn=nfl-269361

With all the hubbub about "Hard Knocks" and the season opener against the Baltimore Ravens on Monday Night Football, the New York Jets have something else to deal with - and unlike your average Rex Ryan soundbite, there's nothing funny about it. Inés Sainz of the Mexican television network TV Azteca, claimed that she was harassed by players and coaches in practice and in the team's locker room last Saturday. From the New York Times:

The New York Post reported that during drills, Dennis Thurman, the team's defensive backs coach, purposely overthrew passes that landed near Sainz on the sideline. The Post also reported that linebacker Jason Taylor(notes) volunteered to join the defensive backs. Players also reportedly made sexually suggestive comments in the locker room after practice ... In a statement released by the Jets, Johnson stressed to Sainz that "he expects all members of the Jets organization to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times."

Defensive tackle Kris Jenkins(notes) also reportedly told Sainz that "this is our locker room!" when another reporter asked Sainz if she was okay.

"I die of embarrassment!" Sainz wrote in Spanish on her Twitter account. "I am in the locker room of the Jets waiting for Mark Sanchez(notes) while trying not to look to anywhere!"

Should they all be fired and cut, better yet let's ask TB LMAO

lloydfan4life
09-13-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm an old-timer and I'm biased, but even I have grown extremely tired of the Ben-bashing TB has done. There was absolutely no reason for him to comment on BR today so it tells me he really is jealous of the kid and doesn't like the fact that BR doesn't care for him. I think TB still feels offended that Ben didn't heed his advice. I love you Terry, you'll always be my favorite, but shut up on this subject already.

I have always considered myself a fan of Terry Bradshaw's and I respect him a great deal. However, I saw his rant on the Fox pregame show and I thought it was really uncalled-for. I just don't think it's right when a player gets ripped on national television, when he has no way to defend himself.

Also, I am not interested in hearing how this organization SHOULD do business. I'm sorry TB, but I think the Rooney family and the front office have a better idea on how to run an organization, than you do. :2cents:

:clap: very well said, both of you.

I also saw Terry's rant on the pre-game show and I was appauled at how he lowered himself to that level. At first I thought he was going to avoid the Ben subject... but then he went straight for the throat. Terry... that was unnecessary and in poor taste. That was something that should have been reserved for a private conversation between you and Ben. I will always admire you for what you did for our Black and Gold, but you just lost some respect points in my eyes with your public rant directed at Ben.

Root4Stlrs
09-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I understand your point and the thread was based on what Bradshaw said. With that being said, I think the majority of us (who are of sound mind and judgement) know Terry has crossed the line about Ben (on a personal level) before. It shouldnt be a suprise that he did it again. The point of my post is why be in an uproar about it? Was anybody suprised by this? If you were than i guess this is news worthy. If you saw the broadcast, or any of his past interviews, you could tell an anti-Ben rant was coming. Thats just how far Terry, a Steeler Legend, has fallen. At this point, Bradshaw is doing less for Ben and making more of an *** out of himself. Basically it was pointless and made everyone involved look foolish.

I get your point, too, but I'm not in an uproar about Terry and his comments although some people may be more emotional about it. I do get upset when people suggest just getting rid of a franchise QB who has, along with his teammates, brought two SBs to Pittsburgh. I think about suffering through some of those QBs between Terry and Ben and those aren't pleasant thoughts. I haven't seen Terry's interviews, just read his comments, and didn't see him yesterday because I was at the game and more concerned with what was happening there. As we all know, it was a real nail biter and I have completely lost my voice today.

chisteeler
09-13-2010, 11:20 PM
I remember as a kid watching Bradshaw light it up, but had no idea about what happened in his personal life...the reason being, is that the media outlets back then were no where comparable to what occurs today, with everything from twitter to camera phones, heck, everyone is under a microscope.
Ben used very poor judgment for an athlete in his position, however I'm sure that Terry also used poor judgment at times during his career because of his status as a multi Super Bowl winner. Two wrongs do not make a right. Both QB's at one time in there career had sour relationships with their Head Coach, but issues were overlooked because Championships were being won. The difference that we are witnessing now is that a much older and wiser Bradshaw has learned from his mistakes and does not want to see another star QB make the same mistakes, but he goes about passing along sage advice in a tasteless fashion.
He works for the media and ranting on his soapbox gets ratings. On a side note, I still believe that the Rooneys sent Ben more of a message than the Comish. That being that no one player is bigger than the team. Allow the man to repent and find clarity to what he holds sacred and reflect on how he can improve as a person and the QB of the Steelers. Then maybe some day he and Bradshaw can bury the hatchet. What happened in GA. only BB and the female student know...Bradshaw should remember it takes two to tango.
Now with that said..."Ben the Tango in GA. is over it's time to waltz to another Championship!"

BlitzburghRockCity
09-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Wow this has turned into quite a debate...nice job all! :clap:

Terry is indeed entitled to his opinion just like anyone else. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with him just continuing to harp on it. The Steeler Nation has moved on, we're starting the season with Dixon and when comes back we'll cheer for him just like before. Stop talking about it Terry, we're sick of hearing about it. Your opinion carries no more weight right now than any other journalist who wants to shoot their mouths off.

LarryNJ
09-14-2010, 07:47 AM
It has been a very interesting thread for sure. At times you'd think we were discussing politics or religion. :lol:

Of course he has a right to say what he wants, but I believe he's making himself look very ignorant especially since when he was young he basically did the same things Ben is doing.

On another note: Just because someone nows backs Ben but didn't a few months ago doesn't make him or her a bandwagon fan. Maybe they believe Ben is sincere in wanting to change and they are willing to give him chance to prove himself.

lloydfan4life
09-14-2010, 07:52 AM
It has been a very interesting thread for sure. At times you'd think we were discussing politics or religion. :lol:

it's the Steelers we're talking about..... it IS a religion! :duh:

:hehheh:

LarryNJ
09-14-2010, 07:56 AM
it's the Steelers we're talking about..... it IS a religion! :duh:

:hehheh:

****...Forgive me lloyd for I have sinned. I will go watch 2 Super Bowl Videos for my penance. :)

nuclearchihuahuas
09-14-2010, 08:00 AM

Of course he has a right to say what he wants, but I believe he's making himself look very ignorant especially since when he was young he basically did the same things Ben is doing.

On another note: Just because someone nows backs Ben but didn't a few months ago doesn't make him or her a bandwagon fan. Maybe they believe Ben is sincere in wanting to change and they are willing to give him chance to prove himself.

Exactly! I said in one of the Ben threads earlier that when this first happened we were like parents who had a kid come home from school with head lice. First you freak out--and most of us did--then you calm down and do what you have to to deal with it no matter how gross it is. Okay, we freaked, we dealt, and now its time to go back to school--Terry is just being the bully in the classroom who yells so everyone can laugh at us, make us feel bad and get attention for himself to make himself feel better. That makes him a jerk and a bully.

Troyisabeast_43
09-14-2010, 08:27 AM
I agree fellas time to let it go...Bradshaw can say whatever he wants as he did the other day on FOX. Ben is paying the price right now for his actions missing 4 games. It is what it is at this point and everybody needs to stop talking about this whole situation and start focusing on what matters most and that's winning these next 3 games with Dixon until Ben comes back...

Layin the wood
09-14-2010, 09:30 AM
I agree fellas time to let it go...Bradshaw can say whatever he wants as he did the other day on FOX. Ben is paying the price right now for his actions missing 4 games. It is what it is at this point and everybody needs to stop talking about this whole situation and start focusing on what matters most and that's winning these next 3 games with Dixon until Ben comes back...

Amen Brother!!!!!

steelercowgirl
09-15-2010, 06:18 AM
terry does quite well in his pvt life.. www.terrybraqdshaw.co & a member of AQHA

--- Added 9/15/2010 at 05:18 AM ---

oops! press wrong button! have got to met terry a few times here at horse shows & one of my brothers when he went to his ranch ovwer in thacker ok,, to purchase of of his fillies....I sure hope all have a gr8 mornin gettin round for work**

steelers4life66
09-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I know there's suppose to be some bad blood between Terry and Ben. But at this point the only one I hear keeping it going is Terry. Some of all that talk about Ben needing to grow up needs to be directed to Terry. Shut up ya old F**k. Didn't Terry donate his rings to some Museum or something?? Makes me wounder what he thinks about the Steelers...IMO....Hey Terry...:moon:

lloydfan4life
09-15-2010, 08:03 PM
terry does quite well in his pvt life.. www.terrybraqdshaw.co & a member of AQHA

--- Added 9/15/2010 at 05:18 AM ---

oops! press wrong button! have got to met terry a few times here at horse shows & one of my brothers when he went to his ranch ovwer in thacker ok,, to purchase of of his fillies....I sure hope all have a gr8 mornin gettin round for work**

:scratch: