PDA

View Full Version : Hello running game, Mendenhall saves the day!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2010, 05:18 PM
50 yd run in OT to get the win. Does it get any better than that ladies and gentlemen?

That run was a thing of beauty, he was pounding all game long getting chunks of 3-5 and then when it really counts, when we had to have it Mendenhall shows his stuff on OT.

harpo
09-12-2010, 05:21 PM
50 yd run in OT to get the win. Does it get any better than that ladies and gentlemen?

That run was a thing of beauty, he was pounding all game long getting chunks of 3-5 and then when it really counts, when we had to have it Mendenhall shows his stuff on OT.

I couldn't have said it better myself. They kept pounding and pounding until they broke the big one.:tt02:

Dan*Rooney
09-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Lots of guys had good games.

Ward
Mendenhall
TIMMONS
McFadden
Troy
Harrison
Woodley

And it was almost completely offset by the lousiness of Dennis Dixon. With as dominant as our D looks, I'd rather start Batch. Dixon nearly had 4 picks.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2010, 05:23 PM
22 rushes for 120 yds and 1 TD. Redman was key today as well, you have to like the mindset of the run game so far this year.

CURTAIN OF STEEL
09-12-2010, 05:28 PM
GREAT game!!!!! :bigtowel:

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-12-2010, 05:30 PM
looks like the only thing missing is the qb. thanks ben you f.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-12-2010, 05:33 PM
I had a feeling that eventually Mendenhall was going to pop one and it came at the perfect time....Props to the OL to and I think overall they were solid enough in their run blocking today.......

mwittman5
09-12-2010, 05:35 PM
mendy is the man! love this kid

jpele
Props to the OL to and I think overall they were solid enough in their run blocking today.......

:plus1:

ejsteeler
That was amazing!! Dixon def didn't inspire confidence, but that was game 1. If he looks the same in game 2, then yank him for the experience. 3-1 or 4-0 should be our record come the clowns game. All we need is a consistant offense that can grind some yard on every possesion.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-12-2010, 05:39 PM
A lot of players stepped up because they knew DD was in trouble. He is in over his head--hopefully next week they limit his throws to the middle of the field and screens

steelersbabex25
09-12-2010, 05:45 PM
O line? Didn't anyone see Johnson's block? It was a beauty..Mendenhall never would have gotten lose without it.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Great blocking and good vision and speed on that last play, really the line did better today than all of the last 2 years:lol:

harpo
09-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Yes, the offensive line played great today....even the backups.

I still don't like how Mendenhall carries the ball. He needs to hold it high and tight to his chest when he's hitting the hole. But, hey....he did what he had to do running the ball.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2010, 06:07 PM
He was freekin me out too, on several carries he was holding that thing out there like a loaf of bread to a homeless dude. He held on though so give him credit. His performance today was just what you wanted to see out of the running game this afternoon.

harpo
09-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Do you notice that he also has a habit of spinning when he hits a hole? What's that all about? He can't continue to do that. That's a turnover waiting to happen.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-12-2010, 06:24 PM
O line? Didn't anyone see Johnson's block? It was a beauty..Mendenhall never would have gotten lose without it.

Yes Johnson made one hell of a block....His blocking is why he was drafted......I think his value is going to be huge considering he was a 7th round pick......I hope we see more blocking like that the rest of the year.....

steelersbabex25
09-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Do you notice that he also has a habit of spinning when he hits a hole? What's that all about? He can't continue to do that. That's a turnover waiting to happen.

My brother and I were counting his carries/times he spun. We found it to be approximately 1.5 spins per rush.

igor0190
09-12-2010, 06:31 PM

He has ALWAYS been spin happy... It is amazing how many times he does it. I hope he can learn how to use a good stiff arm or some other moves soon.

LatrobePA
09-12-2010, 06:33 PM
I thought Redman was money, but Mendy is a true #1!!

Big T
09-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Good hard running by Mendy today. Gotta give Redman a little love as well. Pouncey was an absolute tank today.... Dixon did struggle today but he wasn't terrible. He missed a lot of easy throws but he made a few nice ones and managed the game ok. He only had one pick which could have easily been more but this win should give him a little more confidence.

KemoTherapy
09-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Loved Johnson's block to seal two guys to the outside to spring Mendy. I thought Mendy was going to stumble out of bounds there and then they'd have to see if "Mr. Franchise" could make a chip shot field goal. Would have been nervous about that.

Layin the wood
09-13-2010, 02:59 PM
When we needed short yardage Mendi and Redman came through now lets see if we can get some 1st and goal carries!!!:cope: