PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Nation

SteelerEyeZ
09-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I am amazed, like absolutely amazed how many Steeler fans there are...Yesterday I had an exam at 9 am and then from 11-5 did some running around.... First on the list was the bank, Had twooooo people say "Go Steelers" and one was the teller (remember I am in Philly) and she wanted to have a 15 min convo on why Batch should start over Dixon **I like Dixon***, next i had to go to the store and get some food, Shopright. I had 1 "Go Steeler" one " Ben should be kicked out" and 2 " Wow Ziggy Hood!!"...then i went to get my car washed...the spanish guy that dry's the was a steeler fan, then went to get starbucks and had a good 5 min convo with a person about how Dixon will become a Slash like QB. Then i went home and it hit me, No matter where you go there are Steeler fans. It gets better. Then went out to eat to celebrate that our exam is over and i switched to the Ward jersey and i had 3 people say something positive and how they are Steeler fans to me, To end the night we went to a "Gentleman's Club" and 2 of the Dancers came over and spent like 30 min with us talking football (def an awesome time) I just have to say I am amazed how many Steeler Fans are apart of Steeler Nation....and remember this is alllll in Philly.:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:: cope::cope::cope::cope::helmet::helmet::helmet:

LarryNJ
09-10-2010, 09:44 PM
I've experienced similar things when I'm in Steelers gear in the area. Although I haven't experienced the Club part. I hope they didn't look like LB'ers! :lol:

It's a total opposite when I wear a Pens sweater than all you hear is "Crosby Sucks" hahah.

roosterray
09-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Steelers fans everywhere. Wear your black and gold proud, and we all unite.

jnes1216
09-11-2010, 01:55 AM
Saw a guy here in Prudhoe Bay AK with a Steelers shirt on. That was cool. Thank you for TiVo can't wait to watch the games when I get home. A lot of Seattle fans here, STILL complaining about the refs in SB40. Funny.

KSSteelerfan
09-11-2010, 02:31 AM
Very cool. Thanks for sharing your story!! Steeler Nation Pride is alive and well.:cope::tt02::yellowthumb:

Root4Stlrs
09-11-2010, 07:57 AM
A lot of Seattle fans here, STILL complaining about the refs in SB40. Funny.

Perhaps we could send the Waaaahmbulance to pick them up. :grin1:

nuclearchihuahuas
09-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Perhaps we could send the Waaaahmbulance to pick them up. :grin1:

Now thats funny! My neighbor (actually a Clowns fan) needs the Waaaahmbulance sent to his house. The first day I met him he was wearing the SB XL tee shirt so I immediately started talking Steelers football. Turns out the Seahawks are his NFC team and boy is he still PO'd.

Steelers Tees and earring and ponytail holders have struck up many a conversation in the grocery store and on vacation. Last year I went to Virginia City, NV (the town Bonanza was based upon). Its built into a mountain and is incredibly difficult to get to on the winding s-curves of the 2 lane mountain road. I met Steelers fans in the saloon, in a mine shaft, and in the old school.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2010, 11:26 AM
It's always a nice feeling when you can talk Steeler football with a complete stranger. You immediately feel alittle more comfortable talking to one of "your own kind" that wields the same passion that you do for your team.

I also find it interesting how diverse so many opinions are are different players, can you can usually tell the fair weather or casual fan from the hard core ones that really know what they are talking about. But it's all good, we're all part of the Steeler Nation and in the end that's all that matters.

SteelDad
09-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Now thats funny! My neighbor (actually a Clowns fan) needs the Waaaahmbulance sent to his house. The first day I met him he was wearing the SB XL tee shirt so I immediately started talking Steelers football. Turns out the Seahawks are his NFC team and boy is he still PO'd.

Steelers Tees and earring and ponytail holders have struck up many a conversation in the grocery store and on vacation. Last year I went to Virginia City, NV (the town Bonanza was based upon). Its built into a mountain and is incredibly difficult to get to on the winding s-curves of the 2 lane mountain road. I met Steelers fans in the saloon, in a mine shaft, and in the old school.

His NFC team? That's hilarious. Basically he's saying his own team sucks so bad that he has to have another team that he 'claims' to root for. I'd have more respect for him if he just stuck to being a Browns fan.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-12-2010, 09:41 AM
His NFC team? That's hilarious. Basically he's saying his own team sucks so bad that he has to have another team that he 'claims' to root for. I'd have more respect for him if he just stuck to being a Browns fan.

True, but I try not to judge him too harshly. He played in the USFL, he follows the browns and the seahawks. Clearly the football gods have not been kind to him. LOL :lol:

Jakey
09-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Its true, im from England, and i see Steelers jerseys quite allot.

Speeed
09-12-2010, 10:24 AM
I was in the bathroom in Rehobooth Beach this summer. I was standing and doing my business when I heard two guys with kids strike up a conversation. Their talk immediately went to football. I heard one guy lightheartedly say "Don't get too close to that guy, he is a Steelers fan." I heard the other guy say "yeah kids, you don't want any of that success to rub off." I chuckled. I immediately finished and went to check these guys out.

By the time I got out to the sink areas the other guy who made the first comment had already made his way out with his kids. As I got closer, I noticed a guy with a Steelers tattoo on his arm. We looked at each other and as we made eye contact he saw my Steelers shirt. We both grinned and I gave him a friendly nod. Good stuff.