PDA

View Full Version : My prediction is that Dixon takes Ben's job for good

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-10-2010, 08:57 AM
I only saw him in limited action, but my gut tells me this kid will be a successful QB for the Steelers. If he plays well through 4 weeks (and I'm betting he does) I don't see how you can give the job back to Ben. I see the Steelers releasing Ben or trading him for a pick in the off-season.

This is in no way a shot at Ben, more a prediction based on how I think Dixon will play and the direction in which the Steelers seem to be leaning.

Layin the wood
09-10-2010, 09:09 AM
The only chance the Ravens have to win the division is if Ben doesnt come back. Dixon could win all 4 games and throw for 3000 yds and have 15 tds in those games and still not be the QB come week 5 :imho:.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-10-2010, 09:10 AM
You'd like that, as a ravens fan, wouldnt you!?!?! NO WAY that happens unless Ben gets in some form of trouble or injury in the next four weeks. I dont care if Dixon plays like the second coming of Tom Brady, that would just increase his trade value for next season.

I also think Dixon can play well if he stays inside his comfort zone and just plays to move the chains. As long as he doesnt try to do to much, if he executes the offense and limits mistakes i think he can have MAJOR success. But dont get your hopes up about NOT seeing Ben come wk.13!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Dude, there is no way in hell that Dixon would take the starting job away from Ben, no matter how well he plays. Based on your previous posts here, I know that you know football, so I also know that you don't really believe what you just posted up. I guess you're bored and deciding to come stir the pot alittle before opening weekend.

Steel Trap86
09-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Hahaha you would like that wouldn't you? Dixon might win a couple games, but you will see Ben back after the bye week and Dixon back on the bench

LatrobePA
09-10-2010, 10:02 AM
JFSH, out of all your posts out here this one is by far the worst! WTF are you thinking?

DD will do good I have faith, but in no way can they keep a 2 time SB winning QB off the field in his PRIME!

LarryNJ
09-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Not again

Scorp
09-10-2010, 10:29 AM
If he does that means the Steelers are not done sending Ben the message.

coldrolled
09-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Hahaha you would like that wouldn't you? Dixon might win a couple games, but you will see Ben back after the bye week and Dixon back on the bench

Ben is the starter. Dixon is the backup.. Charlie should be the play caller... :thinking:

Scorp
09-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Ben is the starter. Dixon is the backup.. Charlie should be the play caller... :thinking:

Charlie huh? I think you got something there buddy. :yellowthumb:

Big T
09-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Come on Flacco. Unlike a lot of guys on here, I have no problem at all with you being here, talking football. And like BRC already said, you are a knowledgable guy when it comes to football and you can't possibly believe a word of what you are saying.

It won't happen, and anyone who thinks it will has a few (or more) screws loose...

--- Added 9/10/2010 at 09:38 AM ---

Wait til No Gravity sees this lol

DanRooney
09-10-2010, 10:44 AM
My prediction is Joe Flacco gets released at the end of the season after going 0-5 against Ben Roethlisberger. :popcorn:

igor0190
09-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Wacko Flacco is BAAAACK!

When Dixon proves himself in these 4 games, and Leftwich is healthy, I really hope the coaches design a package to allow Dixon to get on the field. Mix it up a bit, use his talents!

2009 was a lesson/reminder for the Steelers that they need to run the ball more and have success doing it or your going nowhere. Thankfully they drafted Pouncey, and hopefully they continue to use high draft picks on the OL. Mendenhall, Redman, and Moore should touch the ball 30-40 times, and Dixon should be held to 20-25 attempts max. They never asked Ben in his first year to carry the team, and they definately CAN NOT ask Dixon.

Blazedby92
09-10-2010, 10:47 AM
He's baaaaaaaaaack!!!!
Don't worry though because we all know as he has done in the past that he won't be around WHEN the Rats start losing or lose to the Steelers.
Just sayin

Steel Trap86
09-10-2010, 10:47 AM
My prediction is Joe Flacco gets released at the end of the season after going 0-5 against Ben Roethlisberger. :popcorn:

hahaha LOL :clap:

JensK
09-10-2010, 11:00 AM
You do know why he is proposing this tho. Everyone here knows how many times Flacco have won against Ben.

Big T
09-10-2010, 11:04 AM
He's baaaaaaaaaack!!!!
Don't worry though because we all know as he has done in the past that he won't be around WHEN the Rats start losing or lose to the Steelers.
Just sayin

Like I said before, I have no problem with him being here to talk football, but that is true.

If the Ravens beat the Steelers, he's on. Not necessarily talking ****, but he's on...

If the Steelers beat the Ravens, he's nowhere to be found...

igor0190
09-10-2010, 11:05 AM
You do know why he is proposing this tho. Everyone here knows how many times Flacco have won against Ben.

Dixon SHOULD have won that game against the Rats too though...
Primetime Sunday night game in Baltimore and it goes to O/T. Not bad for his first start.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Dude, there is no way in hell that Dixon would take the starting job away from Ben, no matter how well he plays. Based on your previous posts here, I know that you know football, so I also know that you don't really believe what you just posted up. I guess you're bored and deciding to come stir the pot alittle before opening weekend.

Alright...you busted me. Just thought I'd swing by and say hi to you boys. Good luck this season, I'm really looking forward to our matchups.

Big T
09-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Alright...you busted me. Just thought I'd swing by and say hi to you boys. Good luck this season, I'm really looking forward to our matchups.

Thought so. Good to hear lol.

I'm looking forward to them as well. Should be interesting to say the least...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Thought so. Good to hear lol.

I'm looking forward to them as well. Should be interesting to say the least...

And for the record...I did show up after the Ravens lost and said good game...I also avoided this place during the issues earlier this year.

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2010, 11:19 AM
It won't happen, and anyone who thinks it will has a few (or more) screws loose...

--- Added 9/10/2010 at 09:38 AM ---

Wait til No Gravity sees this lol

No Gravity is a joke!! Flacco has more football knowledge then No Gravity will EVER have...at least he comes on here talking about football rather than throwing insults at everyone who has an opinion and last time I looked it was America....I take no stock in one word that No Gravity even types.......:clueless:

Big T
09-10-2010, 11:23 AM
And for the record...I did show up after the Ravens lost and said good game...I also avoided this place during the issues earlier this year.

I do remember that now :yellowthumb:

--- Added 9/10/2010 at 10:23 AM ---

No Gravity is a joke!! Flacco has more football knowledge then No Gravity will EVER have...at least he comes on here talking about football rather than throwing insults at everyone who has an opinion and last time I looked it was America....I take no stock in one word that No Gravity even types.......:clueless:

:popcorn:

LatrobePA
09-10-2010, 11:26 AM

Ray Ray is barking, I actually got a laugh from it, Monday nights game should be a fun one to watch...

75Steeler
09-10-2010, 11:26 AM

Flacco, for a troll you aren't a bad guy. Welcome back and enjoy the season! Except for October 3rd and December 5th.

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2010, 11:27 AM
I do remember that now :yellowthumb:

--- Added 9/10/2010 at 10:23 AM ---

:popcorn:

T...just wait till you see some of his posts....I dont think you were here last year were you? Flacco has some interesting points and didn't come on here like an idiot troll..he actially talks some good football and I enjoy reading his posts and he did stick around even after his Ravens get beat.....

while I"m saying I agree 100% of what he said....you heard the press conference from Tomlin when asked if Ben will have his starting job back......I'm just sayin...:dunno:

SteelCityKid5
09-10-2010, 11:40 AM
I respect Flacco for being on here but come one man. You're argument is just absurd. Ben Roethlisberger is our franchise player. If they didn't want him to play let alone be on this team they would have **** canned him like they did Holmes.

[QUOTE=JoeFlaccoSaysHi;359961]I only saw him in limited action, but my gut tells me this kid will be a successful QB for the Steelers. If he plays well through 4 weeks (and I'm betting he does) I don't see how you can give the job back to Ben. I see the Steelers releasing Ben or trading him for a pick in the off-season.

He's our $100 mil QB. Our franchise player..... need I say more? Plus, this coaching staff doesn't trust Dixon and it's been said in the papers. If Leftwhich never got hurt Dixon would not be starting. That's how much they think of the kid.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-10-2010, 11:42 AM

Im not gonna say No grav is completely full of $hit... but im picking up what your putting down TSG!

igor0190
09-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Rats VS Jets gonna be interesting this week too...

R.Lewis running his mouth already... Both teams got enough guys that don't know how to keep their mouths shut. Big yappers.

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Im not gonna say No grav is completely full of $hit... but im picking up what your putting down TSG!

Thanks Steel.....my point is that we all have our own opinions and we can agree or disagree without all the insults.

DanRooney
09-10-2010, 11:46 AM

k thanks.

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Rats VS Jets gonna be interesting this week too...

R.Lewis running his mouth already... Both teams got enough guys that don't know how to keep their mouths shut. Big yappers.

Well I"m hoping (and God help me) the Ravens KILL the Jets so they can stop calling themselves the Miami Heat of football...Rex Ryan can cancel the Superbowl parade he once again conjured up...its one thing to be confident but the Jets and Rex Ryan are just plain cocky...too cocky for their own good!!

LatrobePA
09-10-2010, 11:57 AM
You guys scare me!

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2010, 11:59 AM
You guys scare me!

what??? :dunno:

steelcitysfinestXL
09-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Well I"m hoping (and God help me) the Ravens KILL the Jets so they can stop calling themselves the Miami Heat of football...Rex Ryan can cancel the Superbowl parade he once again conjured up...its one thing to be confident but the Jets and Rex Ryan are just plain cocky...too cocky for their own good!!

That can be said about BOTH of those teams... The Ravens have been hyped by the media since the Boldin deal. The Jets havent stopped hyping them selves since the AFCCG. Im hoping the Jets beat the ravens in a 13-9 win. A confrence loss and an 0-1 start for the Baltimorons combined with a Steeler win would just about make my weekend. And if by some miracle Rob Bolden can pull off the upset in Alabama tomorrow night (HIGHLY unlikely, but ican dream cant I) that would just be the icing on the cake!

Dan*Rooney
09-10-2010, 12:01 PM

You're hoping the Ravens kill the Jets? No matter what you should be rooting against division rivals :thinking:

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2010, 12:03 PM
You're hoping the Ravens kill the Jets? No matter what you should be rooting against division rivals :thinking:

Thanks Dad :yellowthumb:

steelcitysfinestXL
09-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks Dad :yellowthumb:

His first post too... :clap:

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2010, 12:11 PM
His first post too... :clap:

I think it was his second :dunno:

steelcitysfinestXL
09-10-2010, 12:15 PM
I think it was his second :dunno:

LOL, nah it was his firs,t im sure, i saw it!!! No "hi" or intro or anything... just taking shots!!! I agree with you though... if ya hate a team, ya just hate em. I root for the Ravens everytime they play the Pats... cause i just HATE the Pats!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Jets at home were a tough pull for week one, but no excuses...if the Ravens are the SB contender that some analysts are saying they are, they should win this game. I'm worried for this week since Gaither will not play and it appears Paul Kruger is pretty dinged up as well.

--- Added 9/10/2010 at 11:21 AM ---

LOL, nah it was his firs,t im sure, i saw it!!! No "hi" or intro or anything... just taking shots!!! I agree with you though... if ya hate a team, ya just hate em. I root for the Ravens everytime they play the Pats... cause i just HATE the Pats!

I hate Pats fans more than I hate the Pats. And I'm with you, I don't care who the Pats are playing...I root for the team playing them. I feel their fans are undeserving of a winning team.

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2010, 12:22 PM

I sent him a pager with an apology...I feel like a turd..I didn't pay attention to his status.
Well it's just I can't stand Rex Ryan and the way he goes about football...he's way ahead of himself...Ugh!!!

Dan*Rooney
09-10-2010, 12:22 PM

That's fine and all when the Pats are going undefeated but we really need a leg up on them early this year. The Ravens first couple of games (Jets and Bengals) are pretty tough and we can't afford them jumping off to a 4-0 run while we're likely going 2-2. I'm not worried at all about the Bengals so I hope they lose that game as well.

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2010, 12:33 PM
That's fine and all when the Pats are going undefeated but we really need a leg up on them early this year. The Ravens first couple of games (Jets and Bengals) are pretty tough and we can't afford them jumping off to a 4-0 run while we're likely going 2-2. I'm not worried at all about the Bengals so I hope they lose that game as well.

Did you get my message??? I"m a :badgirl:

MattyVfromCT
09-10-2010, 12:36 PM
I only saw him in limited action, but my gut tells me this kid will be a successful QB for the Steelers. If he plays well through 4 weeks (and I'm betting he does) I don't see how you can give the job back to Ben. I see the Steelers releasing Ben or trading him for a pick in the off-season.

This is in no way a shot at Ben, more a prediction based on how I think Dixon will play and the direction in which the Steelers seem to be leaning.

SMFH......................... put down the pipe there, chief

nuclearchihuahuas
09-10-2010, 01:22 PM

I am having trouble with this one too...I don't want the ratbirds to win for obvious reasons but I sure would love it if the Jets offense was totally crushed, stomped into the ground and put through a meat grinder. I am looking for total decimation so this team, and especially their coach SHUTS THE HELL UP:rant2:

LatrobePA
09-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Hate to say it but,

GO J---E---T---S jets jets jets!!

GO PATS, turns my stomach!!

Oh yea, GO BUCS!!

Big T
09-10-2010, 01:38 PM
T...just wait till you see some of his posts....I dont think you were here last year were you? Flacco has some interesting points and didn't come on here like an idiot troll..he actially talks some good football and I enjoy reading his posts and he did stick around even after his Ravens get beat.....

while I"m saying I agree 100% of what he said....you heard the press conference from Tomlin when asked if Ben will have his starting job back......I'm just sayin...:dunno:

I was here last year lol. I've been through the whole thing from day 1 with Flacco...

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Tampa, just asking a question here and not getting no your case.....But how can you root for a divisional rival against the Jets?......lol I'm getting sick of all the hype surrounding the Jets myself........I can't stand Mark "Dirty" Sanchez.......I do have mad respect for Rex Ryan....I just think he is a brilliant defensive mind but I'm getting annoyed by him lately to......But I still want the Jets to kick the **** out of the Ravens........I just could never root for the Ravens.....Plus the Steelers have to play the Ravens once without Ben so the Ravens starting out 0-1 would be huge......Especially if we can a pull a win out against the Falcons......

I can't stand the Pats or Justin Bieber oh I mean Tom Brady....Have u see Brady's hairdo?.....Looks just like Justin Bieber.....lol But I still hope the Pats kick the **** out of the Bengals......

As for JoeFlaccoSaysHi.....I never had a problem with him either and think he is alright for a Ravens fan....He has poor choice in football teams but I'm willing to let that slide....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Joe does like to stir the pot in an inconspicuous manner..but he still knows football so I can respect him for that. Like BG32 said, he just cheers for the wrong team..LOL

Quite honestly, Tomlin can say all he wants about not guaranteeing Ben getting his starting job back but the fact is Ben didn't suddenly start to suck just because of some poor offseason decisions. He's still one of the best in the league and he's proven it year after year with 2 superbowl wins. Ben will be the starter.

steelersbabex25
09-10-2010, 05:33 PM

Ahem girls..

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Such absurd remarks are expected from a Ravens fan.Ben comes back,he is healthy,he is starting.I would gladly bet all my gold on that!!!!I do have that Ravens hatred in my blood though.

K Train
09-11-2010, 12:34 AM
sounds like some idiotic bullshit to me

KSSteelerfan
09-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Not sure if JFSH is serious or just :stirpot:....anywho Go Steelers!!:tt02:

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-11-2010, 03:14 AM
welcome back joe the cracko flaco. must have got hold of sum good weed this past summer. you ready to watch the rat birds get there *** kicked? where is ur bud dawgs?

xxxsteelernation
09-11-2010, 03:15 AM
i can't belive that i'm sayin this by i Kinda agree with flacco, IFdixon is putting up numbers like he did at oregon, and winning games in a decicive manner is pulling 300 yard passing games and 150 yard rushing then. I'm sorry i would be going with the hot hand. And money or no money ben would be on the bench. If i recall alot of ben led games are really really close, or very low scoring. I think if Double D is putting up those kinda numbers and scoring 35 to 40 points a game in the final 2 or 3 games. then i would rather have him as QB then ben. Keep ben as a back up till playoff's if dixon is not productive during the first 5 drives a playoff game then we have ben there to bail us out. But if dixon is putting those numbers up in which he has done before so he know's what it takes. Just needs to play his game and arians need's to get the hair outta his backside and be an OC instead of dead weight taking up space on the sideline. Most of these guys here that are left are tomlins new guy's excluding some on d but ben ward and miller are (maybe colon and starx not to sure about them) are from the cowher era on offense. oh yea and batch. Parker is gone. prolly one of the best fullback in the past 10 years is gone in dan krider, randel el well yea he's back but he didn't last through the full ups and down in the last 4 year. Point is that that expept for a select few the new breed, the tomlin picks are going to have to prove themselves. Ben is one concussion or a MCL tear or something that might abruplty put him past his prime. just like Fast willie, his prime came and went in only 5 years.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-11-2010, 12:24 PM
i can't belive that i'm sayin this by i Kinda agree with flacco, IFdixon is putting up numbers like he did at oregon, and winning games in a decicive manner is pulling 300 yard passing games and 150 yard rushing then. I'm sorry i would be going with the hot hand. And money or no money ben would be on the bench. If i recall alot of ben led games are really really close, or very low scoring. I think if Double D is putting up those kinda numbers and scoring 35 to 40 points a game in the final 2 or 3 games. then i would rather have him as QB then ben. Keep ben as a back up till playoff's if dixon is not productive during the first 5 drives a playoff game then we have ben there to bail us out. But if dixon is putting those numbers up in which he has done before so he know's what it takes. Just needs to play his game and arians need's to get the hair outta his backside and be an OC instead of dead weight taking up space on the sideline. Most of these guys here that are left are tomlins new guy's excluding some on d but ben ward and miller are (maybe colon and starx not to sure about them) are from the cowher era on offense. oh yea and batch. Parker is gone. prolly one of the best fullback in the past 10 years is gone in dan krider, randel el well yea he's back but he didn't last through the full ups and down in the last 4 year. Point is that that expept for a select few the new breed, the tomlin picks are going to have to prove themselves. Ben is one concussion or a MCL tear or something that might abruplty put him past his prime. just like Fast willie, his prime came and went in only 5 years.

First the NFL isn't the Pac-10 so Dixon won't be throwing for 300 yards and rushing for 150 in games.....lol

Second Ben has a 100 million contract and has helped this team win two Super Bowls.........

Finally Ben is the starter period it doesn't matter how well Dixon plays.......My hope Dixon plays well and maybe the Steelers can trade Dixon for a draft pick in the off-season.....

Dan*Rooney
09-11-2010, 12:38 PM

I thought all of the delusional Dixon fans were hiding after that Broncos preseason game :stirpot:

Dixon has already proved he is not a top caliber quarterback in this league. Terrible throwing mechanics, can't read defenses and makes very, very poor decisions with the ball. How would you feel if I said "if Peyton got injured and Curtis Painter came in throwing for 350 yards a game and a 120 passer rating through 4 games, he'd be the starting quarterback." Sounds stupid, right? What you're saying is equally as dumb.

Runningbacks have a short shelf life. Not franchise QBs.

--- Added 9/11/2010 at 11:38 AM ---

First the NFL isn't the Pac-10 so Dixon won't be throwing for 300 yards and rushing for 150 in games.....lol

Second Ben has a 100 million contract and has helped this team win two Super Bowls.........

Finally Ben is the starter period it doesn't matter how well Dixon plays.......My hope Dixon plays well and maybe the Steelers can trade Dixon for a draft pick in the off-season.....

^this

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Just wow...

xxxsteelernation
09-11-2010, 01:38 PM
If yinz read closely i also said IF, dixon can do it. and to black and gold's statement, Football is football no matter how you put it. yea remember pac-10 is a QB conference. if anyone remembers dixon also lit up big 10 michigan in dixon final year. Anyone can have a bad game or a great game. The thing is IF IF IF dixon can produce quality numbers like the ones i posted then ben should start worrying. Remember this it the NFL not the WWE anything can happen in the NFL without a script.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-11-2010, 01:45 PM
If yinz read closely i also said IF, dixon can do it. and to black and gold's statement, Football is football no matter how you put it. yea remember pac-10 is a QB conference. if anyone remembers dixon also lit up big 10 michigan in dixon final year. Anyone can have a bad game or a great game. The thing is IF IF IF dixon can produce quality numbers like the ones i posted then ben should start worrying. Remember this it the NFL not the WWE anything can happen in the NFL without a script.Wow. I really cant believe you. I dont care how good Dixon plays. You dont bench our FRANCHISE QB who has won TWO SUPERBOWLS, for a guy who could have a few great games. SMH...:evilshake:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-11-2010, 02:02 PM
If yinz read closely i also said IF, dixon can do it. and to black and gold's statement, Football is football no matter how you put it. yea remember pac-10 is a QB conference. if anyone remembers dixon also lit up big 10 michigan in dixon final year. Anyone can have a bad game or a great game. The thing is IF IF IF dixon can produce quality numbers like the ones i posted then ben should start worrying. Remember this it the NFL not the WWE anything can happen in the NFL without a script.

You stated if Dixon passes for 300 yards and runs 150 yards in a game.......Not many QB's in the NFL pass for 300 yards and run for 100 in the same game......lol Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying to me you were applying that Dixon could pass for 300 yards and run for 100 yards in the same game....That is why I stated the NFL isn't the Pac-10........

As for you statement football is football no matter how you put it....Ty Detmer, Timmy Chang, Colt Brennan, plus countless other QB's put up monster numbers in college but didn't so **** in the NFL......So there goes your football is football theory......lol

For the record I do like Dixon and hope he does well.......But he won't be the starting QB when Ben comes back and it won't matter if Dixon plays well......Ben is the starter period......So deal with it.......

Dan*Rooney
09-11-2010, 04:12 PM
If a meteroite hit Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn would be Green Bay's starting quarterback.

See? I can do that too. :yellowthumb: