PDA

View Full Version : The Nick Eason Story

xxxsteelernation
09-10-2010, 02:37 AM
:yellowthumb::yellowthumb:I'm not that in to sob stories for football, and maybe the fact that it's a steeler or maybe this is the first I heard of Nick Eason's battle. But it seem that as fans we forget that these players are just normal people that have trials and tribulations of their own. Weither it be Ben, santonio, tomlin, ward or eason even. Not much you hear sob stories come from our locker room and this one here, i really don't know just, makes me realize that my life is not that bad. And even though these men get paid lots of money to play football, sometimes they make mistakes or health issues arise. They are not perfect and they have one of the greatest opprotunities that some of us only dream of having. I would be hard pressed to fine one steeler fan, or even one fan of football in general and they not wish that they would be able to have the opprotunity that some of these players have. I know i wish i did. But to be doing something that you love and and to have a physical element almost take your life and it takes that to realize that this is just a game. And we as fan's are so critical of the players (me included on this) and they are the ones that go out there and bust there butt to provide us with something to do with our boring sundays. Now Bruce arians is not included on this list.. lol :yellowthumb::cope:

--- Added 9/10/2010 at 01:37 AM ---

and for those who did not read the story here is the link
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Happy-to-be-alive/48c7b4c2-e51d-4420-967b-d65d23468edf

SteelCityKid5
09-10-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm not that in to sob stories for football, and maybe the fact that it's a steeler or maybe this is the first I heard of Nick Eason's battle. But it seem that as fans we forget that these players are just normal people that have trials and tribulations of their own. Weither it be Ben, santonio, tomlin, ward or eason even. Not much you hear sob stories come from our locker room and this one here, i really don't know just, makes me realize that my life is not that bad. And even though these men get paid lots of money to play football, sometimes they make mistakes or health issues arise. They are not perfect and they have one of the greatest opprotunities that some of us only dream of having. I would be hard pressed to fine one steeler fan, or even one fan of football in general and they not wish that they would be able to have the opprotunity that some of these players have. I know i wish i did. But to be doing something that you love and and to have a physical element almost take your life and it takes that to realize that this is just a game. And we as fan's are so critical of the players (me included on this) and they are the ones that go out there and bust there butt to provide us with something to do with our boring sundays. Now Bruce arians is not included on this list.. lol

You know Santonio is gone right? Just asking

xxxsteelernation
09-10-2010, 01:52 PM
yea yea i do, but he was here last year he did get in trouble, and he did leave, the point is that i think that goodell's "personal conduct policy is a joke" everyone has there personal demons and trials and tribulations. Even though eason was a medical demon and not a legal one. but still to force someone to overcome problems before they are ready just causes issues to re arise.