PDA

View Full Version : Falcons prefer to face Dixon, rather than Batch

xxxsteelernation
09-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Atlanta Falcons linebacker Mike Peterson says he'd rather face Steelers' quarterback Dennis Dixon than Charlie Batch.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ha ha he won't be saying that when Double d is runnin past him or hitting miller over the middle right on peterson. I would rather want to play against batch atleast you can tee of on him..

--- Added 9/9/2010 at 08:27 PM ---

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/17250/afc-north-links-browns-over-steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Personally I'd rather face Batch; he's less mobile and will stay in the pocket. You can see why they would say Dixon though because he's young and if you get him rattled you can force him into errant throws and get in his head.

LatrobePA
09-09-2010, 10:35 PM
It's litterally in DD hands, now let's hope this fuels his fire and he lights them mfr's up!!

steelersbabex25
09-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Ugh I'm so sick of people talking smack. Let's just play football..

xxxsteelernation
09-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Yea dixon is pretty calm though the only time he gets nervous is when certian OC's won't let him be "dennis"

HUNT4SEVEN
09-09-2010, 11:23 PM

:clap: Agreed.. we will spank the Falcons come Sunday convincingly , and confuse Matt Ryan, DD will be fine...:tt02:

MattyVfromCT
09-09-2010, 11:44 PM
let them run their mouths. add that to us being home underdogs, EVERYONE writing us off and the anger and disappointment from last year. please keep fueling the fire atlanta............

Real Deal Steel
09-10-2010, 01:07 AM
let them run their mouths. add that to us being home underdogs, EVERYONE writing us off and the anger and disappointment from last year. please keep fueling the fire atlanta............

I know I"m pissed off by everyone writting us off. Making us underdogs at home??!! To a put-butt Falcons team?? I just hope the players are half as mad as me. And we'll be fine.

xxxsteelernation
09-10-2010, 01:10 AM
the only thing that i hate about being a steelers fan is the disrespect that is given to us. After winning 6 super bowls you think that we would have the respect that the cowgirls or the giants have. But no matter how many times we prove people wrong still no respect. even other teams don't give us resepct. The cowgirls, patriots and colts always seem to be favored to win no matter how bad there team is. The media dolls them up. Tom brady or peyton manning could sexually harass someone and it would be the female's fault. The courts could sentecnce him for 4 to 5 years and brady or manning would prolly have their starting QB job waiting for him with a 10 year exstension. No suspensions. I just hate the disrespect that steeler nation gets. but i love the steelers been my team since i was old enough to know how to granny toss a football. prediction Steelers destroy the falcons by 3 touchdowns

Steel Trap86
09-10-2010, 01:28 AM
I know I"m pissed off by everyone writting us off. Making us underdogs at home??!! To a put-butt Falcons team?? I just hope the players are half as mad as me. And we'll be fine.

Who cares, would you feel better if we were favored in the game? They're starter is playing ours is not, we lost Holmes, White is supposed to have a big year...I can see why we would be underdogs without Ben playing.

KSSteelerfan
09-10-2010, 03:02 AM

:yellowthumb:

Root4Stlrs
09-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Who cares, would you feel better if we were favored in the game? They're starter is playing ours is not, we lost Holmes, White is supposed to have a big year...I can see why we would be underdogs without Ben playing.

Mind not awake yet. Who is White?:thinking:

Steel Trap86
09-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Mind not awake yet. Who is White?:thinking:

Roddy White, WR for the Falcons.

Layin the wood
09-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Is it 1:00 pm on sunday yet??? Lets play some ball!!!!:cope:

JensK
09-10-2010, 12:02 PM
It's litterally in DD hands, now let's hope this fuels his fire and he lights them mfr's up!!

Yup. Dixon have the tools to do a good job. Im not saying he'll ever be an elite QB, but i think he is more capable of winning games than batch and leftwich.

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I truly think that the Falcons are not going to take this game or DD seriously and that's ok with me! I think they think this will be an easy win for them....Every seems to focus on the "QB situation" everyone seems to forget about our Defense, especially with Troy and Aaron back....:yellowthumb:

scott0326
09-10-2010, 03:37 PM
I hope Dennis Dixon scrambles and trucks that dude talking trash.

Stlrs4Life
09-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Funny, I read an article on Wednesday that stated the exact opposite saying they would rather face Batch because he isn't as mobile as Dixon? Who do ya believe?

roosterray
09-11-2010, 12:43 AM
I hope Dennis Dixon scrambles and trucks that dude talking trash.

:yellowthumb: Love the pictures

jnes1216
09-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Is it 1:00 pm on sunday yet??? Lets play some ball!!!!:cope:

By 1:30 I hope Mike Peterson is saying, "Is it 4:00 yet, I'm tired of chasing that Dixon guy all over the field".

Get first downs by any means necessary and keep the defense off the field. Tackle Michael Turner and this one should be ours.

Root4Stlrs
09-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Roddy White, WR for the Falcons. Thanks. I thought about that later and said "DUH" to myself. Who is White? The guy I'm playing this week in Fantasy Football has him on his team so I should have known.

greg1964
09-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Who cares who the Falcons and/or Ravens would like to face. But I sure both are glad they done have to face Ben.

coldrolled
09-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Falcons WR Jenkins won’t play in opener
The Associated Press
8 hours, 51 minutes ago

ShareretweetEmailPrintFLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. - The Atlanta Falcons will be without receiver Michael Jenkins(notes) for their season-opening game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Jenkins sustained a shoulder injury in the early days of training camp and missed all four pre-season games. He was ruled out on Friday after being unable to practice this week.

Jenkins was Atlanta's third-leading receiver last season with 50 catches for 635 yards and one touchdown. Brian Finneran(notes) is expected to start Sunday at Pittsburgh.

Dan*Rooney
09-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Falcons WR Jenkins won’t play in opener
The Associated Press
8 hours, 51 minutes ago

ShareretweetEmailPrintFLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. - The Atlanta Falcons will be without receiver Michael Jenkins(notes) for their season-opening game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Jenkins sustained a shoulder injury in the early days of training camp and missed all four pre-season games. He was ruled out on Friday after being unable to practice this week.

Jenkins was Atlanta's third-leading receiver last season with 50 catches for 635 yards and one touchdown. Brian Finneran(notes) is expected to start Sunday at Pittsburgh.

Finneran is built like a skinny tight end. 6'5 217 lbs...I can see him giving our corners problems especially in the endzone.

coldrolled
09-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Finneran is built like a skinny tight end. 6'5 217 lbs...I can see him giving our corners problems especially in the endzone.

Hopefully the refs placed in front of an incoming woodley and harrison start calling some holding this year.. i really want to see if this helps us out.