PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace

SteelDad
09-09-2010, 02:24 PM
As I go through many of these pre-season predicition columns on many websites, I can't help but notice in the column where it says 'break-out players of the season,' MW is never mentioned. Anyone else have a feeling he is going to have a monster year?

K Train
09-09-2010, 02:26 PM
post week 4 yes....hes got some work to do on route running though, hes got awesome hands and elite speed but you cant be a top player and live off speed alone for very long, especially as a teams #1, it works as an unknown rookie #3 WR, but not as the top option

Bucsfan4ever
09-09-2010, 02:53 PM
I hope he has a monster season...I picked him up in six of my fantasy leagues.

SnakeEyes43
09-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I had heard multiple off-season (pre-draft) rumblings that it was going to be a breakout year for MW, but I'm guessing the Ben ordeal probably put a damper on that. I had wondered why he hadn't been mentioned much anymore with the rankings and such coming out. Tomlin mentioned in a press conference that he was impressed with the progress Wallace has made, and other players have mentioned that MW had put in a lot of off-season work this year.

Speaking of players I haven't heard much from, has anyone heard any more about Lewis? Is he still the #3 CB behind BMac? Ever since he lost his cool against the Broncos I haven't heard anything....and then Gay got that pick as well. I hope Lewis is still number 3 because I really liked the way he had been playing and progressing this year.

LatrobePA
09-09-2010, 03:02 PM
If our QB can stay upright long enough to hit him deep, yes stud!

Big T
09-09-2010, 03:15 PM
I had heard multiple off-season (pre-draft) rumblings that it was going to be a breakout year for MW, but I'm guessing the Ben ordeal probably put a damper on that. I had wondered why he hadn't been mentioned much anymore with the rankings and such coming out. Tomlin mentioned in a press conference that he was impressed with the progress Wallace has made, and other players have mentioned that MW had put in a lot of off-season work this year.

Speaking of players I haven't heard much from, has anyone heard any more about Lewis? Is he still the #3 CB behind BMac? Ever since he lost his cool against the Broncos I haven't heard anything....and then Gay got that pick as well. I hope Lewis is still number 3 because I really liked the way he had been playing and progressing this year.

he's the backup LCB with William gay being the backup RCB and nickelback. so technically, William Gay is the 3rd. If BMac goes down, Lewis would come in, if Ike goes down, Gay would come in...

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
I miss Santonio..

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2010, 04:10 PM
This will be an important year for Wallace, he will no longer be covered by a nickel back or some other 2nd string scrub. He will get a starting CB on him all game long so he will need to be on his game. He's got the natural talent, definitely has the speed, has good hands; the real test will not only be his route running, be can he break away from press coverage and get open consistently.

LatrobePA
09-09-2010, 04:36 PM
I miss Santonio..

Wake & Bake!!

SteelerEyeZ
09-09-2010, 04:53 PM
I miss Santonio..

i do too, but its a new season and time to play with the card your delta.....gonna be an interesting season i see anywhere from 8-8 to 11-5....

MW def plays a part in what our record will be past week 4:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Go Steelers

Root4Stlrs
09-09-2010, 05:58 PM
MW is a playmaker. That catch he had in the corner of the end zone against GB with 3 seconds left on the clock was one of the most clutch plays I've ever seen in person. I think he'll step up this year.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-09-2010, 06:10 PM
I miss Santonio..

I do too, but if we still had Santonio on the team, we'd be down a WR & QB the first 4 games. I expect Wallace will have his breakout year, once we are done emphasizing the run and can call the # of passes to runs a bit more evenly than I believe they intend to do right now.

Layin the wood
09-10-2010, 09:47 AM
MW will step up this year!! As far as Holmes,I miss his receptions but not his mouth or off field antics!!!

steelcitysfinestXL
09-10-2010, 10:29 AM
post week 4 yes....hes got some work to do on route running though, hes got awesome hands and elite speed but you cant be a top player and live off speed alone for very long, especially as a teams #1, it works as an unknown rookie #3 WR, but not as the top option

Couldnt agree more... I'm not sure if it was a compliment to Sanders or a slap in the face to Wallace: But week 1 of TC alot was said about Sanders already being a better route runner than MW. He will get better as a route runner. Playing with Ward it wont take too long before he is running better routes. The thing i love about Mike, he has the skills you CANT teach. The comment about him i liked the most: "the fastest player in the league w/ pads on" by Ike Taylor.

SteelDad
09-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Couldnt agree more... I'm not sure if it was a compliment to Sanders or a slap in the face to Wallace: But week 1 of TC alot was said about Sanders already being a better route runner than MW. He will get better as a route runner. Playing with Ward it wont take too long before he is running better routes. The thing i love about Mike, he has the skills you CANT teach. The comment about him i liked the most: "the fastest player in the league w/ pads on" by Ike Taylor.

Good thoughts by both of you. I really hope he can become a go-to guy for us.

Dan*Rooney
09-10-2010, 01:05 PM

Sanders is sex on the field. I already love the way he plays. It looks like he's good great heads and moves really fluid on the field. I'm hoping he can jump to our number 3 by midseason.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-10-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm hoping he can jump to our number 3 by midseason.

The lone reason im pissed ARE (Antwaan Randle-El) made this team. Every snap he takes is one less rep Brown/Sanders could have had. I have nothing against ARE i just dont see what he has to offer more than VERY pedestrain numbers. He is Arnaz Battle but offering next to nothing in Speacial Teams! No reason both of them should have made this team IMO, but i guess thats why im here and the coaches are there! :lol:

Dan*Rooney
09-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Randle El is just a mindless pickup by Colbert and Tomlin. Just what was the purpose of it? I certainly hope they weren't thinking this guy would replace Holmes.

Now we have 2 slow possession receivers on the field in our 3 WR sets. Hines has trouble getting open without help (from Ben buying time and other guys that draw extra coverage) so that tells me we're in for a long first four games. At least offensively.

TampaSteelGirl
09-10-2010, 01:29 PM
The lone reason im pissed ARE (Antwaan Randle-El) made this team. Every snap he takes is one less rep Brown/Sanders could have had. I have nothing against ARE i just dont see what he has to offer more than VERY pedestrain numbers. He is Arnaz Battle but offering next to nothing in Speacial Teams! No reason both of them should have made this team IMO, but i guess thats why im here and the coaches are there! :lol:

OH I totally agree here!! I love EL but come on....he's not match against Brown and Sanders...:yellowthumb:

scott0326
09-10-2010, 03:38 PM
I don't know how many people here play fantasy football but he has been talked about a lot as a break out player fantasy wise and I definitely drafted him, I'm very excited to see how he does this year.