PDA

View Full Version : NFL Power Rankings

The Big Z
09-08-2010, 06:28 AM
First Power Rankings for the year show the Steeler's at # 18. - I love that were flying under the radar. I expect after 4 games we'll be in the top 10, and after 6 games we'll be in the top 5..

Our defense is at full force and will make the stops needed in the 4th quarter versus last year. They have something to prove and will show what they are made of.

Offensively we are questionable with Dixon running the show. I fully expect more running, limited passes and some specially designed plays for him to get comfortable. I expect a close tight game against Atlanta, wins against Tennessee and Tampa Bay and a hard fought game against Baltimore. :grin1:

Layin the wood
09-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Rankings dont mean crap right now!! Just a bunch of idiotic reporters giving their opinions. Its possible we could be 3-1 while BB is out but i would settle for 2-2!!

SnakeEyes43
09-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I love when we are the underdogs...just like how we are not favored at home week 1 against the Falcons. When they told Fox that, he told the reporter that he just gave his team more motivation to work harder this week. Love it.

And yes, "power" rankings don't mean sh*t right now...but the media knows that if they put them out people will click, discuss, argue, etc.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-08-2010, 11:11 AM
I cant believe we are getting points at home, must be some pretty good drugs out there...

LatrobePA
09-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Power rankings are like bungholes, everyone has one. Some stink more than others!!

andyg1984
09-08-2010, 11:55 AM
First Power Rankings for the year show the Steeler's at # 18. - I love that were flying under the radar. I expect after 4 games we'll be in the top 10, and after 6 games we'll be in the top 5..

Our defense is at full force and will make the stops needed in the 4th quarter versus last year. They have something to prove and will show what they are made of.

Offensively we are questionable with Dixon running the show. I fully expect more running, limited passes and some specially designed plays for him to get comfortable. I expect a close tight game against Atlanta, wins against Tennessee and Tampa Bay and a hard fought game against Baltimore. :grin1:

u cnt be serious, if we are in the top 5 after 6 games i will be freaking shocked

75Steeler
09-08-2010, 12:30 PM
It is way too early in the season to worry about power rankings. Preseason ball can't determine the ranking of a team. Coaches and players won't take the risks in preseason that they would in a regular season game. No way any of it is accurate right now.

K Train
09-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I cant believe we are getting points at home, must be some pretty good drugs out there...

Dixon in his second start after being 0-1 and having an up and down preseason....a shaky oline, a shaky defense thats getting kind of old.....i can see why the falcons are 2.5 point favorites

SnakeEyes43
09-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Dixon in his second start after being 0-1 and having an up and down preseason....a shaky oline, a shaky defense thats getting kind of old.....i can see why the falcons are 2.5 point favorites

All true, (we'll have to see the D on sunday, I feel like Woodley, Troy and some others held back all preseason) and lets not forget the Falcons are a very solid team with high expectations this year.

coldrolled
09-08-2010, 02:41 PM

:plus1:

We have to have Dixon come out and make us cheer. We need Mendenhall and Wallace to play great. We of course need to have a great special offensive package unleashed for dixon all 4 qtrs.... Our D should be fine, they just need to rest during the game. we need first downs.

:imho:

K Train
09-08-2010, 03:17 PM
im not worried about the D even a little bit, but i would understand why some people would be after seeing it last year

Iron City South
09-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Don't be homers people ....

Being ranked at #18 right now is probably a gift. I don't think we're a good team right now and until they prove otherwise, that's where I'm at.

Last year we were swept by the Bengals, then went on to lose to the effin Chiefs, Ravens, Raiders, and Browns in November. It was utterly disgraceful.

This team has a boatload to prove.

SnakeEyes43
09-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Last year we were swept by the Bengals, then went on to lose to the effin Chiefs, Ravens, Raiders, and Browns in November. It was utterly disgraceful.

True, true, and yes those games made me sick...but we did put beatings on the Chargers and Broncos, two pretty good teams. We also beat the Vikes, Phins, Packers, Ravens, and the Titans. All competitive teams. That's what was so frustrating about last year, we beat some good teams and lost to some sh*t teams...but oh well it's 2010 and time to open some whoop *** on the Dirty Birds!

Steel Trap86
09-09-2010, 01:10 AM
The Falcons should win this game because they have there guy at the helm, but he still has to beat our defense, IMO its up to the D to win these 4 games for us.

Layin the wood
09-09-2010, 09:13 AM
The defense will step it up big time this year!! No more 4th quarter let downs!!

Root4Stlrs
09-09-2010, 05:03 PM
The defense will step it up big time this year!! No more 4th quarter let downs!! I really hope you're right. I think so, too, but I hope that I'm not being too much of a homer. Our secondary couldn't stop a clock last year.

coldrolled
09-09-2010, 05:31 PM
I really hope you're right. I think so, too, but I hope that I'm not being too much of a homer. Our secondary couldn't stop a clock last year.

Let Butler play... he has more to offer.