PDA

View Full Version : Rejects with steeler potential

K Train
09-07-2010, 09:59 AM
I do not think i have ever been so in love with a class of rejects before

Owen Schmitt FB

The man is a psycho, he actually tries kill LBs in game. One time he smashed his helmet on his head just being fired up and was a bloody mess....im sorry but thats someone i would want to play football for my team.

Jarron Gilbert

Schematically limited to a 34 imo, he had no business as an UT in a 43 for the bears....he was a better 34end prospect than hood imo, hes got insane athleticism.....hes the one that has the unreal youtube videos jumping out of a pool and squatting and deadlifting unreal amounts of weight.

Al Woods

For some reason i have a soft spot for LSU linemen, he was overshadowed during his tenure at LSU by some big time talent and didnt really fit their scheme because they used more speed than a true NT. Hes another unreal athlete, never lived up to the hype out of high school (5 star recruit) but was playing with guys like Glenn Dorsey (5 overall), Tyson Jackson (3rd overall(, RJF who went undrafted but was a one time potential first rounder. For a 350 pound man hes such a great athlete....would start as nose but has Ngata like potential at end down the road

thoughts or other rejects you guys might like?

LatrobePA
09-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Something about Troy Smith, maybe because he's an OSU boy, but he'd look good in B&G and I personally think he could be a starter in the league. Plus he'd help on the scout team!

Zachintosh66
09-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Id take Owen in a split-second.

Woods may develop, but we have 3 developlers already...

Gilbert can go jump into the deep end...

K Train
09-07-2010, 10:30 AM
woods is better than everyone developmental prospect we have on the dline

Zachintosh66
09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
perhaps with potential... I was hoping we signed him to the PS like reports were saying just to see what hes got, but i guess not.

coach
09-07-2010, 10:55 AM
I dont see too many guys who can help, but that may be a good sign. We kept three receivers who look like solid contributors and Butler looks liks a pleasant 5th round pick. Football is funny though, because you never know which guy you cut this year can become defensive MVP material a few years down the road a la James Harrison.

I am confused by Tony Hills development at this point. They keep him every year but he never really plays.

K Train
09-07-2010, 11:04 AM
This was tony hills last chance...and he didnt disappoint. he was atrocious his first 2 years, weak, slow and in way over his head.

i LOVED hills at texas, if he didnt get injured and get set back so much in his development he would have been a top 10 pick as a franchise LT, even as i was just about to give up on him i said that about him. This TC and preseason he was nothing short of sensational. it says something about hills that with his back up against the wall he really came through and didnt disappoint

igor0190
09-07-2010, 01:53 PM
This was tony hills last chance...and he didnt disappoint. he was atrocious his first 2 years, weak, slow and in way over his head.

i LOVED hills at texas, if he didnt get injured and get set back so much in his development he would have been a top 10 pick as a franchise LT, even as i was just about to give up on him i said that about him. This TC and preseason he was nothing short of sensational. it says something about hills that with his back up against the wall he really came through and didnt disappoint

Are you saying that Hills may be our future starting RT or LT?

K Train
09-07-2010, 02:28 PM
by no means am i saying hes a future pro bowler, but after the leaps and bounds he made this year theres no reason for him to not possibly be in their plans. hes more of a LT for us though considering how athletic he is...we like RTs that can really drive block, thats not and never will be hills strength. i think the "pure LT" label is a little overrated, definitely more than a pure RT guy so i think he could certainly play both sides, but his skill set is clearly more adept for the left

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Hills is the third best OT on the team bar none and he did look solid all training camp/pre-season.....

Back to your topic Ktrain I wouldn't the Steelers taking a shot with either of those guys since really there isn't much risk if they don't pan out......

steelcitysfinestXL
09-07-2010, 03:38 PM
I'd ruin my shorts if we brought in Owen... im not a HUGE advocate of the "pure fb" but that dude is a BEAST. I'd love to have guys like Mende and Dwyer, good block following cut-style runners, running behind that man. I dont think it will happen but its nice to dream about.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Did Owen get cut? I would love to have him. Dude is a beast

Zachintosh66
09-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Owens left leg is better than an entire frank summers...

Silverback
09-07-2010, 05:25 PM
I was actually going to bring up Gilbert in another thread, I remember he was a popular pick for us when he came out. Out of all these guys I'd say he's the one with the most upside in our scheme.

Callax
09-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I think we should bring them in and see what we get and develop...
want Gilbert to be here... a true 3-4 end that would be a great F/A pickup, since he was a second round pick 2 years ago??

Get Gilbert in here now!!!!!

Dobre Shunka
09-08-2010, 12:02 AM
hmm, Owen schmidt. He's one crazy beast, mean and nasty.

Bring em for a bit.

They did grab Woods aye?

Layin the wood
09-08-2010, 09:18 AM
I'd ruin my shorts if we brought in Owen... im not a HUGE advocate of the "pure fb" but that dude is a BEAST. I'd love to have guys like Mende and Dwyer, good block following cut-style runners, running behind that man. I dont think it will happen but its nice to dream about.

:plus1:

coldrolled
09-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Colts Waive OT Tony Ugoh
The Indianapolis Colts have "waived/injured" offensive tackle Tony Ugoh, ESPN's Paul Kuharsky reports.