PDA

View Full Version : Miller going to show why he is the best TE in the NFL

xxxsteelernation
09-07-2010, 05:40 AM
Miller has just been named one of the team captians and I predict he is going to have a banner year for the steelers. I predict that teams are going to stretch there LB's and safties back a little more than usual to spy on dixon which is going to leave miller wide open. Miller a tall and trustworty ball handler i think is going to help dixon exploit defenses i also think ward and wallace will take the pressure off of miller and dixon by running routes that they know dixon can suceed by getting the ball to him. I think with all of the vetern leadership and Pouncy dominating the middle of the line. dixon can choose his route to run or roll out. or stand in the pocket and deliver game changers. and that is what dixon is he is a game changer. So just like miller is ben security blanket i think that is what he will be to dixon.

SteelerEyeZ
09-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Very well said and I agree..its time we make him into a huge Offensive threat....he has the hands

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Best is a bit of a strech. But IMO, Heath is the most underrated player in the NFL.

K Train
09-07-2010, 09:36 PM
best? hardly

underrated? maybe

under used? absolutely

Steel Trap86
09-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Miller is one of the best tight ends in the league, but he needs to run harder this year IMO Not saying Marion Barber kind of hard, but keep the legs moving after a hit. He always seems to fall upon impact

xxxsteelernation
09-07-2010, 09:37 PM
ok so who do you think is the best TE in the NFL

K Train
09-07-2010, 09:45 PM
im on the vernon davis wagon personally....hes the biggest, strongest and fasted TE in the league and hes by far the best blocker. if he was 50 pounds heavier hed be the best LT in the NFL too.

heath is money across the middle and he catches everything thrown at him but hes not the most dominate TE, hes like top 5 though...witten, clark, gates and gonzo all make a solid case for being better than him. i hope they use him enough for him to have a big time break out season

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2010, 10:16 PM
im on the vernon davis wagon personally....hes the biggest, strongest and fasted TE in the league and hes by far the best blocker. if he was 50 pounds heavier hed be the best LT in the NFL too.

heath is money across the middle and he catches everything thrown at him but hes not the most dominate TE, hes like top 5 though...witten, clark, gates and gonzo all make a solid case for being better than him. i hope they use him enough for him to have a big time break out season

That is the problem for Heath; he's playing in a league full of great TE's that all are in offenses that give them more looks than Heath gets. Miller is money everytime he touches the ball, and he is underrated no doubt. Is he the best? You can make that case from all the players Ktrain mentioned; at this point Heath is the best TE for us and fits what we need perfectly. We just need to get Arians to use him to his full potential.

Real Deal Steel
09-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Miller will be Dixon's best friend these first few weeks.

Layin the wood
09-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Miller will be Dixon's best friend these first few weeks.

Thats why i drafted him in my FF league!!:yellowthumb:

Scorp
09-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Hasn't he done this already? If you're a tight end that plays for the Steelers you are automatically the best.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-10-2010, 10:47 AM
best? hardly

underrated? maybe

under used? absolutely

:plus1: He isnt the best TE in the league. Dallas Clark is un-F'n-believable! He's a WR in a TE's frame and it doesnt hurt he has Manning tossing him the rock. Witten is a monster, and as much as i think he is over-rated Gates is still a beast as well. But to say a guy who averages 50 catches, 500 yards and 5 tds a year is the best is just untrue.

Heath is a traditional TE. He blocks, he catches and he is CLUTCH! He's a beast after the catch, hes everything i want in a TE. But not the best. Steelers TE's are CONSTANTLY under-used. Therefore they will always be underated if the ability to do more is there.

DanRooney
09-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Miller just doesn't get targeted enough in our offense. Ben likes making those 'splash plays' way down the field instead of slowly moving the chains. That 5-wide diamond formation keeps coming up in my head against the Chargers last season where Logan didn't move and had at least 15-20 yards of clear space in front of him. Instead of checking down, he throws 40 yards downfield to Wallace. Here it is at 10 seconds.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009100412/2009/REG4/chargers@steelers#tab:watch

steelcitysfinestXL
09-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Miller just doesn't get targeted enough in our offense. Ben likes making those 'splash plays' way down the field instead of slowly moving the chains. That 5-wide diamond formation keeps coming up in my head against the Chargers last season where Logan didn't move and had at least 15-20 yards of clear space in front of him. Instead of checking down, he throws 40 yards downfield to Wallace. Here it is at 10 seconds.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009100412/2009/REG4/chargers@steelers#tab:watch

Miller had over 70 recs last season... not sure how he isnt targeted enough. It took 4 seasons, but they finally realized the dude is a legit weapon and got him the ball a ton last year (well, a ton for a steeler TE anyway) i think 70-80 balls is his ceiling personally. No knock on him, but 70 recs is good for any steeler not named Hines Ward. Its almost unheard of for a TE on this team!

on a side note: I love all the BA haters who praise heath and how great he is...NOW. Under Whiz TE's were all but forgotten. Since his departure Miller has grown leaps and bound not only is his role as a receiver, but as a blocker in the run game as well. BA gets Heath on the field ALOT more than Whiz did.

Dan*Rooney
09-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Miller had over 70 recs last season... not sure how he isnt targeted enough. It took 4 seasons, but they finally realized the dude is a legit weapon and got him the ball a ton last year (well, a ton for a steeler TE anyway) i think 70-80 balls is his ceiling personally. No knock on him, but 70 recs is good for any steeler not named Hines Ward. Its almost unheard of for a TE on this team!

on a side note: I love all the BA haters who praise heath and how great he is...NOW. Under Whiz TE's were all but forgotten. Since his departure Miller has grown leaps and bound not only is his role as a receiver, but as a blocker in the run game as well. BA gets Heath on the field ALOT more than Whiz did.

Ward is getting too many targets in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a reversal with Hines looking at 60-70 while Heath went upwards of 90. It's going to be harder and harder for Hines to get open without Holmes on the other side. Until Sanders steps it up I don't think he'll have that many looks. I mean just look at his production in the preseason. We had to design 2 cheap screen plays just to get the ball in his hands.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Ward is getting too many targets in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a reversal with Hines looking at 60-70 while Heath went upwards of 90. It's going to be harder and harder for Hines to get open without Holmes on the other side. Until Sanders steps it up I don't think he'll have that many looks. I mean just look at his production in the preseason. We had to design 2 cheap screen plays just to get the ball in his hands.

lol, no those are the same cheap screen plays we have been running to make sure Hines' record stays alive! We have been running that screen to hines for YEARS. Im not to worried about the lack of production by a 13 year WR in the preseason. i see your point about Holmes but Wallace stretches the field more than Tone ever did. With Wallace, Ward and Miller should have ample room underneath.