PDA

View Full Version : Are we ready for the dirty birds and the bungles?

xxxsteelernation
09-06-2010, 06:16 PM
The more transactions that the ravens make this year to their offense kinda has me a little worried this year. With boldin, mason, and now the former oregon state beaver (yes they are hated in most of oregon just as much as the browns are hated here) Houshi the squishy is now a raven (must have wood for the AFC central) and squishy is still can be a threat if used as a slot. problem with seattle they had him as a fly reciver. My question now is as much as our Pass D was a problem last year ( I know we were without troy and smitty) are we prepared for the arial attacks that the ravens and the bungles are going to throw at us becuase now cincy has ocho stinko and the all -american crybaby there which yea are still a threat. And don't forget about Ed Dickson for the ravens, he is a Heath miller type of TE so with todd heap and ed dickson out there I'm just hoping our pass d is not going to let us down. Yea we have mcfadden back but we lost the experience of townsend.

coldrolled
09-06-2010, 06:27 PM
obviously the rats and bungles have found our weakness and are stacking the deck in their favor....

we need our CB's to really show up this season..

the rats secondary is their weakness. im sure arians will run on them more.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Dirty birds = falcons. Rats have 3 possession recievers that are all old. They don't scare me. Neither does cincy. All we need is good pressure from silverback and wood

SteelerEyeZ
09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
DEFENSIVE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!! remember that.....I know the last two SB was won bc of our "O" but what got us there.....LIGHTS OUT D!!! Thats what we need to happen again, we need our D to come up big, We MUST win the turnovers and what I call the "STFD" (Sit the F_ _K Down) hits.

D-line is ready, Linebackers are ready, Secondary (with a healthy Troy) Ready (Fingers still crossed there a little)

Go Steelers

darnik44
09-06-2010, 07:44 PM
I honestly feel both teams are more talented from top to bottom than the Steelers. The Steelers have the edge at QB, which is a big advantage...but we have atleast 4 games without Ben. I say atleast, because the chances he misses a game or 2 due to injury is pretty high every year. I'm not so worried about the Bengals, because they will figure out a way to screw things up. I see the Ravens as the 3rd best team in the AFC behind the Jets and Colts. A lot hinges on Joe Flacco though.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Smh, Jets aren't that good...Geez. I really dnt understand why people say the Jets are a great team.

Steel Trap86
09-06-2010, 08:15 PM
The Ravens D is not as strong we know it to be anymore though, Suggs is coming off career low sacks since he got hurt, Reed is out 6 weeks and probably playing his last year, Lewis isn't getting any younger and when they played the Redskins the first Five of McNabb's 11 completions went through the middle of the field at the expense of the LB's, if Mendenhall can pound away at them and our defense holds up we'll be good. **** the Bengals! There D isn't that great either, improved, but not solid. We need to smack them around, knock helmets off on every ****ing hit! If the Steelers D can play anything like we did in 08 we'll be in good shape.

mos07
09-06-2010, 08:46 PM
We played as poor as possible last year and still tied the Bengals and finished a game behind the Ravens...........upgraded our o-line and hopefully are healthy with Smith and Troy on D

.........so to answer your question, am I worried about the Ravens and Bengals - in a word - NO.

LatrobePA
09-06-2010, 09:40 PM
The Rats are building an all offense team to make up for their weakness on D.

K Train
09-06-2010, 10:09 PM
the ravens have 3 older possession WRs, 2 of which are fragile, and we used to see a young TJ and CJ twice a year....i cant say im too worried about them, especially when timmons comes ripping through and flacco throws the ball into the dirt.

TO and Chad are way on the wrong side of 30 and palmer is average at best....theres bigger worries out there....this division is going to beat up on each other but they are not teams built to do much in the post season imo

BlitzburghRockCity
09-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Secondary is no longer a weakness for us. With Troy back, BMac signed, and Clark back our starting secondary should be very good. The only real question mark is Gay or Lewis and how they will be able to handle the receiver they are dealt. It's all about pressure though, if our front 7 can get pressure then that disrupts everything. In a 34 it's always about pressure.

The ratbirds are clearly trying to upgrade their WR corp, as is the Bengals. Let's not forget, just because you have big names doesn't mean you're automatically getting a super bowl bid. The AFC North will be fought tooth and nail and will come down to December before it's decided, just like always. I don't count anybody in or out in this division until we see how it pans out. There's a ton of scenarios that can happen as the season unfolds with the teams and players including injuries or just lack of production, etc. I like our chances as much as I do any other year. If the Ratbirds and Bungals think they already have the division won, let them think it. Victory is always sweeter that way. It won't be easy, but it never is.

K Train
09-06-2010, 10:28 PM
im way more worried about the bengals defense than their offense.

the only bengals offensive player that worries me is greshem, hes going to be the chris henry like steeler killer

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2010, 12:09 AM
im way more worried about the bengals defense than their offense.

the only bengals offensive player that worries me is greshem, hes going to be the chris henry like steeler killer

I agree about the Bengals defense Ktrain.......Plus I'm very impressed with Mike Zimmer the Bengals DC and in my opinion the Bengals are the team that worries me the most in the AFC North.......Their offense isn't all that though.....Like you pointed out earlier in this thread both TO and Chad are in their 30's which the bottom can drop out at any time on them.......I agree about Greshem to and he is a player to watch....Palmer has never had a TE like Greshem but Palmer has his own question marks.....I don't think he have ever been the same after the knee injury and his arm doesn't look the same these days.....I think Benson is also a question mark and who knows if he repeats the season he had a year ago......The Bengals OL isn't that great either even though they did a solid job last year in the run game.....

As for the Ravens it all comes down to Joe Flacco.......To me he doesn't have the so called "it" factor.....Flacco has only 1 TD pass and 6 INT's in his play-off starts and has a terrible completion percentage......Plus Flacco checks down way to much for having such a big arm.........Basically he squats to pee........The Ravens do have a very good OL and Ray Rice........I agree with you about their WR's and I'm not that impressed with their so called upgrades.......I don't think Boldin has ever been the same since having his face ripped off bascially and Mason is going to die at some point.........lol TJ Humpshismama is past his prime as well.......

The Ravens defense isn't all that either.....They do have one of the best DL's in the NFL.....But their LB's is average at best especially since Ray Ray is another year older......Their secondary is in shambles and Ed Reed is injured for 6 games.......I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens win 7-8 games this year......

The Browns are still a joke....enough said

xxxsteelernation
09-07-2010, 12:23 AM
The Browns are still a joke....enough said
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
that's why i did not put the cowdungs in this topic. and that exactly what there uniforms look like someone just had a massive bm all over there uni's, kinda fitting for cleveland.

KSSteelerfan
09-07-2010, 01:59 AM
:+1::yellowthumb:

JensK
09-07-2010, 02:01 AM
Smh, Jets aren't that good...Geez. I really dnt understand why people say the Jets are a great team.

So far there are no indications that Jets won't be amazing this year. They have the team in NFL with most talent on atm.

Silverback
09-07-2010, 02:22 AM
Certainly agree with the comments about Cincinnati's defense. I think it might be the best there is next year, and its tough to say, but there's just no weakness. Great d-line with Peko and Odom back, a young backing core with Maualuga and Rivers and a solid secondary. Then again it is Cinci.

UKSTEELER
09-07-2010, 06:55 AM
This season is shaping up to be a beauty!

Bengals will be tough on Defense and you would think improved on offense.

Rats will be improved on offense, but possibly worse on defense.

We are improved on Defense and what should be an improved rush offense, of course the Ben situation throws a spanner in the works regards our pass offense, but I like our receiving options better than last season.

Even the Browns should be improved the D is coming around slowly and their offense can't get any worse than last year!

We hold the key to this division, if we can get out of the first 4, 3-1 or 2-2 at worst, get Ben Back, barring injuries, there isn't really much excuse not too be in the mix.

Nothing quite like the great unknown at the start of a season!

Roll-on Sunday . .

Go Steelers:cope:

LarryNJ
09-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Yes, We are ready for them and they are ready for us. This week is like the week before Christmas when you are a kid. Kick off or Santa is so close but the week will drag on. Good thing it is a short week with the holiday.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Bengals- The D they have is improving year after year. Thats the concern i have. The offense was productive when Benson blew up last season. He is the key to cinci's offense. Palmer can take hits and cant play under pressure. Like K said, "he is average at best".

Ravens- Offense got better defense is taking LEAPS backward. IF we can run the ball better against the ravens the pass can be LEATHAL!!! There secondary is MUD against the pass. Good safties against the run, but neither can cover. My worry about the Ravens is... Ray Rice out of the backfield recieving! With having a few better targets for flacco to throw to, it will be harder to cover Rice out of the backfield where he can be VERY dangerous.

Overall im not completely sold that these teams are head and shoulders better than us WITH Ben. With Dixon, yeah! But i expect the Steelers to be VERY competetive with these teams as always no matter who is under center!

Root4Stlrs
09-07-2010, 09:09 AM
I agree that the Steelers should be competitive. My thoughts about the Bungles and Ratbirds: depending on whichever talking head you listen to, one or the other has won the pre-season AFC North division title, just like the Redskins and Chargers win the pre-season division championship and/or Super Bowl every year. Now they have to deliver. One of the guys from NFLN is picking the Chargers again this year. What is the saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different result? As far as Flacco and Palmer go, neither has proven to be a winner in the post-season. I'm not sold on either one of them. I think Palmer is terribly overrated. I agree it's Bungles defense that is the bigger concern. I don't think the Ratbirds and their offense live up to the pre-season hype.

coach
09-07-2010, 10:16 AM
It's hard to be objective when commenting on your team and the rivals you hate because of the emotion involved. Baltimore made some nice aquisitions this week to help their offense. They have injuries and a porous secondary right now.

I didnt respect Cinci last year and look what they did. I don't respect them this year either. How can you respect a team that has four guys standing on the sidelines twirling around in circles like a group of teenage girls?

Steelers are motivated and healthy on D so I have confidence.

I think our run game will be the best it has been in years (no fumbles please).

I like our young receivers as they have shown promise and I am hopeful that they, and DD, will make solid contributions on O. I can see them surprising some folks. I think they will need to in order to beat Ravens in first matchup. I don't see us beating them with running game alone.

I actually don't think our D is getting enough respect given the health of the unit (stay healthy please). I think some of the talking heads have memories that are far too short and are only looking as far back as last year.

I haven't been this excited this year since the draft.

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iron City South
09-07-2010, 10:24 AM
All I can say is, "WOW" ... Who would have thunk that there would be a day where Steeler fans are outwardly fearing the mighty Bengals defense.

My God how far we've fallen ... It's really embarassing.

K Train
09-07-2010, 10:30 AM
All I can say is, "WOW" ... Who would have thunk that there would be a day where Steeler fans are outwardly fearing the mighty Bengals defense.

My God how far we've fallen ... It's really embarassing.

i think the steelers defense is still better....but the bengals have some good talent.

2 first round corners that compliment each other perfectly

maualuga, rivers, jones, and someone that really needs to be watched in michael johnson

Odom, peko, tank, dunlap on the dline

nelson and williams as the safeties, pacman as the NB

they have a good roster on defense, but their offense is going to suck ***

steelerschick1220
09-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Cinci should be good on D but I think their O is just ok at best and it certainly doesn't strike fear into my heart.

Ravens....I just don't see why everyone is so high on them. I think their secondary is in shambles and I'm sorry, adding two middle aged recievers isn't going to make their offense the greatest thing ever. And I just don't think Flacco is ever gonna be an it QB. IMO, ok is all he is ever going to be.

Steelers are going to be ok in the divison I think.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2010, 11:12 PM
The Bengals have a very good defense and I think Mike Zimmer is a damn good defensive coach that gets the most out of his talent......I'm not saying Zimmer is on LeBeau's level but a very good defensive mind in his own right......We will get to see how good Zimmer and his defense is there since the Bengals do have a tougher schedule this season........

Plus I was just answering the question asked in this thread.......I think the Bengals are the team to worry about more then the Ravens.....I think people are vastly over-rating the Ravens this year...

Real Deal Steel
09-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Everybody knows that I"ve been saying all Summer that the Ravens are waaaaaay over hyped and that I don't believe in them for a second. They have the worse secondary in the AFC by far and we will exploit them with our speedy WR corps.

But the Bengals...that's another story. The Bengals have no glaring weaknesses at all and you could make the argument that they are the most complete team (until Ben gets back) in the AFC.

I see the Bengals as the threat. And I see the Bengals beating the Patriots in Foxboro in week# 1.

xxxsteelernation
09-08-2010, 04:40 AM
its funny that you would say that the ravens are overhyped a mojority of the ESPN anylisty predicts ravens to win the super bowl.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview10/news/story?id=5493278

Dean Denton
09-08-2010, 04:54 AM
Question should be are they ready for the Steelers....

coldrolled
09-08-2010, 06:13 AM
monday night will give us a preview of how dixon will look against the ravens, sanchez and their offense are similar to ours.. rookie QB, running and some passing ...

sunday we will see if the cinci defense is good enough to shut down the dink and dunk pats. the pats defense is probably as soft as the ravens D. so that will be a good test to see how the old WR's score against that Pats D figuring our D is way better than the Pats.

Layin the wood
09-08-2010, 08:10 AM
The Steelers should be in first place after week 1 and solidify the division after week 4. When BB comes back the Bungles,Ratbirds and the Clowns have no chance!!!!

SteelCityKid5
09-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Both teams I say are more talented. We always have tough fought out games with both. I feel its going to be competitive. I really dont know who will win the division. Its a toss up between the ravens, steelers and bengals

coldrolled
09-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Both teams I say are more talented. We always have tough fought out games with both. I feel its going to be competitive. I really dont know who will win the division. Its a toss up between the ravens, steelers and bengals

the difference in most of the afcn games will be the team that scores the one extra TD in the redzone over kicking a Field Goal. 4 points... Move the chains, score the td in the redzone. go dennis.......:cope::cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Talent, records, etc. it all goes out the window when the AFC North plays each other. Especially in games involving us and the Ratbirds. It's a physical slug fest and the last one left standing is usually the one with the least amount of players injured on the sidelines.