PDA

View Full Version : I remember 2009

K Train
09-04-2010, 07:28 PM
when i said it was a TERRIBLE draft and everyone wanted to hang me. needless to say im on top of the world right now...even though its a shame the steelers had to waste such quality picks on such **** players

Shipley, Summers, Urbik, Burnett all cut

hood and lewis both pretty unimpressive

mike wallace is the 2009 savior...if he lives up to the expections at least

over half the draft is off the team, i mean i know i never had faith in them but the coaches that drafted them lost all the faith after only one year. needless to say it feels pretty good making this thread just to honor myself lol

ok im done, until hood is gone...then ill be back lol

Black@Gold Forever32
09-04-2010, 07:33 PM
I never wanted to hang you and your entitled to your opinion.....I actually agreed with many of your opinions about this draft class......I'm just willing to give players a chance due to the fact I hate seeing the team waste picks......I wasn't a fan of Ziggy Hood but the Steelers were really stuck at 32......I gave him a chance but still after all this talk of what a great camp he was having he still was invisible during the pre-season games.....

Zachintosh66
09-04-2010, 07:40 PM
dont forget guys like Ty Carter and Stapleton are gone too, too of my favs :nahnah:

K Train
09-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I never wanted to hang you and your entitled to your opinion.....I actually agreed with many of your opinions about this draft class......I'm just willing to give players a chance due to the fact I hate seeing the team waste picks......I wasn't a fan of Ziggy Hood but the Steelers were really stuck at 32......I gave him a chance but still after all this talk of what a great camp he was having he still was invisible during the pre-season games.....

as much as i would take ultimate glory in seeing hood fall flat on his face, im not that terrible of a fan to hope it on him....i was truly disappointed in all the OTA/TC hype of him being the next big thing and this unblockable force throwing down everything thrown at him....and just not doing a damn thing in game action

darnik44
09-05-2010, 10:55 AM
For the record, I really only liked the selections of Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett that year primarily because of where they got them. I actually didn't like the pick of Mike Wallace. I hated the pick of Ziggy Hood, and refused to believe the reports prior to the draft that he was the Steelers guy. Nothing wrong with taking a chance on Shipley in the 7th though. There were some things to like about him.

Urbik might be the worst, least thought out Steelers pick in years.

K Train
09-05-2010, 01:27 PM
they panicked with urbik...no other way of describing it.

i HATED all the picks from top to bottom, i wont pretend i was high on mike wallace cause i would have preferred mike thomas or jarrett dillard in that slot

Scorp
09-16-2010, 08:22 PM
when i said it was a TERRIBLE draft and everyone wanted to hang me. needless to say im on top of the world right now...even though its a shame the steelers had to waste such quality picks on such **** players

Shipley, Summers, Urbik, Burnett all cut

hood and lewis both pretty unimpressive

mike wallace is the 2009 savior...if he lives up to the expections at least

over half the draft is off the team, i mean i know i never had faith in them but the coaches that drafted them lost all the faith after only one year. needless to say it feels pretty good making this thread just to honor myself lol

ok im done, until hood is gone...then ill be back lol

Can't hang people for being right. :yellowthumb:

igor0190
09-16-2010, 11:33 PM
So while were on this topic...

I'll admit from reading your posts for awhile now, you definately seem to be right more than you're wrong. Just curious 1-7, what are your opinions on the guys in this years draft?
1. Pouncey (I know you were high on him, and he's coming through FAST!)
2. Worilds (Havn't seen much... good day on Sp. teams wk 1)
3. Emmanuel Sanders (has looked very good from most accounts)
4. Thaddeus Gibson (we should all know your answer to this one already! :lol:)
5. Chris Scott (Havn't heard anyone say much)
5. Crezdon Butler (Looked good to me in preseason, considering 6th round)
5. Sylvestor (Made the team +++)
6. Dwyer (Out of shape, showed some flashes late)
7. Antonio Brown (Made the team, possible steal in the 7th)

K Train
09-16-2010, 11:58 PM
So while were on this topic...

I'll admit from reading your posts for awhile now, you definately seem to be right more than you're wrong. Just curious 1-7, what are your opinions on the guys in this years draft?
1. Pouncey (I know you were high on him, and he's coming through FAST!)
2. Worilds (Havn't seen much... good day on Sp. teams wk 1)
3. Emmanuel Sanders (has looked very good from most accounts)
4. Thaddeus Gibson (we should all know your answer to this one already! :lol:)
5. Chris Scott (Havn't heard anyone say much)
5. Crezdon Butler (Looked good to me in preseason, considering 6th round)
5. Sylvestor (Made the team +++)
6. Dwyer (Out of shape, showed some flashes late)
7. Antonio Brown (Made the team, possible steal in the 7th)

Pouncey<3 i cant physically type his name without putting a <3 next to it, like at the beginning of this sentence i didnt mean to do that

Worilds was an bad pick imo, smooth athlete but product of VTs system and his speed is overrated, the hokies have the fastest track in the world. now hes got a shoulder problem and while it may not be serious hes had some chronic should issues in the past

Sanders is ok, a lot of people seem to be higher on him than i am but hes a nice little project....hes already better than el ever has been imo. i dont expect a mike wallace take over the world as a rookie but he could be solid down the line. i really wish sweed didnt get hurt, i think he was poised for a breakout 3rd year despite everyone writing him off...sanders pretty much ended sweeds steeler career

Gibson is a serious man crush of mine. i do expect great things from him down the line i hope he comes through with his unreal potential...he should have stayed at ohio state another year but at least this way we got him.

Chris scott is nothing to write home about, another mid round oline body that will probably be cut in the near future...might earn a roster spot in an essex or foster like backup role but not much more....has already had a more successful career than urbik though.

Butler is interesting, hes extremely talented and was a better keep than burnett (who i had a LITTLE hope for) and better than guys like roy lewis that have drifted through here the past few years....i like what hes shown definitely....i admit i didnt know much about him out of college though

Sylvester i thought was a camp body...hes been extremely impressive, he could be a hammer in the middle of the defense, im so glad we kept him over bailey. Hes better than the late round guys weve been getting (summers, shipley, humal, mundy...ect)

Dywer i ****ing loved the pick, he was my 4th ranked RB and i actually had us taking him in the 3rd round....hes a good talent, needs to be a harder worker though. it could honestly go both ways with him, he could flake out and get cut or he could be that guy in 4 years that teams salivate over becoming a free agent ala michael turner

Brown i knew nothing about, i love that hes a fiesty little cocky mother ****er though...again...hes probably a better option right now than randle el