PDA

View Full Version : Honest predictions for W-L for the season

xxxsteelernation
09-04-2010, 02:24 AM
Trying to get a little insight on how steeler addicts feel about this season. We all know we are not going to go undfeated so let's lay it out and predict on who we win and who we lose to.
Atlanta- prediction- W- score i think will be like 28-14
Tennessee-prediction -W-predicted score: 21-7
Tampa Bay-Prediction-W- 35-17
Baltimore -L- 17-14
Cleveland -W- 21-3
Miami- W- 28-7
New Orleans-L- 35-24
Cincy-W- 30-21
New England -W- 28-24
Oakland -W- 38-17
Bills -W- 31-13
Ravens -W- 13-3
Cincy -W- 21-14
NY Jets -W- 17-14
Panthers-W- 35-28
Cleveland-W- 42-14

my predictions agree or dissagree,

--- Added 9/4/2010 at 01:24 AM ---

I know i only have two losses on here and that is being optmistic but looking at the schedule and saints, patriots, ravens and jets will be our biggest roadblocks. I don't see us being swept by the the ravens and I really don't think the bengals can do anything against our d when healthy. I have some close games on here that i think will be but i think ben or our d could squeeze those ones out. like the pats i think we can beat them in a close game. and i think it will be same with both ravens games will be decided in the fourth. I actually anticipate the Jets game to go into overtime and steelers winning it on a jeff reed field goal.

DanRooney
09-04-2010, 03:10 AM
lol is this for real? :popcorn:

But seriously 19-0. We have Redman.

Aussie_Steel58
09-04-2010, 04:13 AM
Yeah, no way you can accurately predict scores or W-L outcomes. All true Steeler fans have to enter the season predicting a perfect record culminating with another SB victory. More importantly, so do the players; they can't afford an attitude of "oh, well we might win this game but we'll probably lose that one."!

MattyVfromCT
09-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Trying to get a little insight on how steeler addicts feel about this season. We all know we are not going to go undfeated so let's lay it out and predict on who we win and who we lose to.
Atlanta- prediction- W- score i think will be like 28-14
Tennessee-prediction -W-predicted score: 21-7
Tampa Bay-Prediction-W- 35-17
Baltimore -L- 17-14
Cleveland -W- 21-3
Miami- W- 28-7
New Orleans-L- 35-24
Cincy-W- 30-21
New England -W- 28-24
Oakland -W- 38-17
Bills -W- 31-13
Ravens -W- 13-3
Cincy -W- 21-14
NY Jets -W- 17-14
Panthers-W- 35-28
Cleveland-W- 42-14

my predictions agree or dissagree,

--- Added 9/4/2010 at 01:24 AM ---

I know i only have two losses on here and that is being optmistic but looking at the schedule and saints, patriots, ravens and jets will be our biggest roadblocks. I don't see us being swept by the the ravens and I really don't think the bengals can do anything against our d when healthy. I have some close games on here that i think will be but i think ben or our d could squeeze those ones out. like the pats i think we can beat them in a close game. and i think it will be same with both ravens games will be decided in the fourth. I actually anticipate the Jets game to go into overtime and steelers winning it on a jeff reed field goal.

14-2? come on now. as much as i'd love to see that it's not happening imo. we still have too many issues on the offensive side of the ball, number 1 being the idiot that is bruce arians. he'll find ways to lose a few as he always does. i think 11-5 is more realistic. possibly 12-4 depending on how we do the first 4 games without ben. i don't care how "easy" the schedule appears. what happened last year? easy schedule and lost games to teams we should have destroyed (bears, bengals, chiefs, raiders, browns). i don't see 14-2 happening............

92_is_gonna_kill_you
09-04-2010, 07:58 AM
I'll say at least 9-7, with 10-6 very likely and 11-5 inside the realm of possibility; with wins over Atlanta, Tampa, Miami, New England, Oakland, & Buffalo, along with splitting the division games againt Baltimore, Cincinnati & Cleveland.

Maybe I'm buying into the hype, but the Jets worry me. And the Carolina game says "Trap Game" all over it IMO (especially if they beat the Jets). I think if Cleveland beats Pittsburgh in the final game, it's because the Steelers are resting ther starters for the playoffs. :)

coldrolled
09-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Scoring over 25 points a game... were talking arians here...

Maybe next year when he is gone.. 10-6 this year maybe.

KSSteelerfan
09-04-2010, 01:17 PM
11-5 and that's being optimistic.....:yesnod:

Steel Trap86
09-04-2010, 01:33 PM
14-2 is just wild

i'll say 11-5 and ben throws 3800 yds in 12 games

coldrolled
09-04-2010, 01:40 PM
NY Jets -W- 17-14

I actually anticipate the Jets game to go into overtime and steelers winning it on a jeff reed field goal.

I actually anticipate the Jets a non factor by that game. I forgot, how many games did they get handed to them to end the season 9-7 last year? 2 or 3?

Sanchez needs more seasoning... Kinda like Dixon but at least they let him play to get better.

Palmer will be the key to Cinci being good or bad.. Cinci with a strong Palmer will not be two easy wins for us...

Root4Stlrs
09-04-2010, 02:04 PM
I actually anticipate the Jets a non factor by that game. I forgot, how many games did they get handed to them to end the season 9-7 last year? 2 or 3?

I agree with you on the Jets. I am underwhelmed by them after getting a closer look. They are so overhyped -- they had the same record as the Steelers last year. I think their running game has been hurt by their trades and there's no Revis. The Pats offense looks good but their defense doesn't. The Ravens secondary is in bad shape and they have Shayne Graham as a kicker. Those are just some of my thoughts on our opponents.
I may be overly optimistic, but I think the team will go 12-4 this year. That was my prediction after seeing them at training camp. One of the main reasons is how Ben looked. I haven't seen him look that good since he was drafted. And I believe he will come back and really be focused. I could be totally off but I think he is sincerely upset (whatever the reason -- selfish or not) and will be like the Blues Brothers on his return -- on a mission. If the o line can get their act together, which I think they can, and the defense can stay healthy, anything is possible.

Iron City South
09-04-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm going with 10-6 on the season finishing 2nd in the division behind the Bengals.

We pick up a #6 seed in the playoffs.

tburg68
09-04-2010, 03:24 PM
11-5 would make me happy.

Jets will be lucky to make it to 8-8. Sanchez=Leinert.

LatrobePA
09-04-2010, 04:57 PM
3-13 tied w/ the Browns! lol

I never predict games, so I'll say I think we'll be above what I said there...

SteelDad
09-04-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm going with 10-6 on the season finishing 2nd in the division behind the Bengals.

We pick up a #6 seed in the playoffs.

I think this is pretty accurate, although I'll go a little different and say 11-5 and tie for the division with the Ratbirds.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-04-2010, 09:29 PM
12-4:markit: If we stay healthy...

Black@Gold Forever32
09-04-2010, 09:36 PM
10-11 wins at best but if everything goes right..........If the team stays rather healthy I think this team will be a force in the AFC titles.....

But if the Steelers get off to a rough start without Ben and things go bad when he returns then I say 7-8 wins......

nuclearchihuahuas
09-04-2010, 10:54 PM
I think 11-5 is possible but I suspect 10 and 6 is our future

Silverback
09-05-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm not nearly as optimistic about this season as most of you guys, hope they prove me wrong.

xxxsteelernation
09-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Well i was looking also at strength of the opponents and yea cincy could give us problems, i just don't see it two years in a row. we could split games with cincy and ravens but i don't see the brownies splitting it unless we are at a position where we are resting the starters. Cincy I think will have another down year like the one before last year. I think that T.O. and Johnson ( i will always call that dumb@@@ that) will have some kinda of disgruntled crap and cost the team. Problly some stupid argument like who's TD celebrations was better... then TO saying palmers not throwing the ball to him enough and then yea.. we have the first game mid season so there is alot of time for them to stir something up. like i said other than the (rest) games the only teams i worry about is jets, saints, ravens, and the cheating patriots. I think we will pull out the close games against jets and pats (speccially if jets are without Revis island) I really don't see us getting swept but the central and we would have to have a major catastrophe to lose to the falcons and the bucs. We have a pretty easy schedule and as long as we play steeler football 2 or 3 losses shouldn't be that hard remember we did have a 15-1 record when no one predicted it.

mwittman5
09-05-2010, 01:36 PM
11-5. we go at least 2-2 without ben. Troy and aaron back are big, that helps the run D, pass D, and blitz packages. Without ben just pound the rock with mendenhall. The ravens knew we were going to run when dixon faced them last year and they still couldnt stop mendenhall. Let batch/dixon manage and dont turn the ball over. then when ben comes back our offense will be unstoppable with ben passing and mendy running

acero
09-05-2010, 01:59 PM
i say we finish 9-7 or 10-6

:cope: :tt02:

Dean Denton
09-05-2010, 06:28 PM
16-0. It could happen....

steelerschick1220
09-07-2010, 10:17 PM
11-5. I am strangely cheerfully optimistic about this year. I just have a feeling that its gonna be a good one. Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!

darnik44
09-08-2010, 05:47 AM
14-2? Wow, I think 10 wins is the max, 9 wins is the most likely, and 8 or less certainly isn't out of the question. Ben wasn't suspended last year and we missed the playoffs. Is it the 8 rookies on the roster that gives you so much hope?

Layin the wood
09-08-2010, 08:13 AM
11-5 and AFC North Champs!!!!!

Root4Stlrs
09-08-2010, 08:40 AM
14-2? Wow, I think 10 wins is the max, 9 wins is the most likely, and 8 or less certainly isn't out of the question. Ben wasn't suspended last year and we missed the playoffs. Is it the 8 rookies on the roster that gives you so much hope?

I think it's the way they lost last year. If only one thing had changed (I'm oversimplifying but this is what comes to mind), if Joe Burnett doesn't drop that ball, the Steelers would have been in the playoffs. Not saying they would have gone far, but who knows? They were on somewhat of a roll at end of season when they could easily have gone in the tank after that horrendous stretch following the Denver game. They could have won every game they lost (coulda woulda shoulda, I know). Even if TP isn't playing, which I don't even like to mention -- that position isn't a liability like it was last year. Tyrone couldn't tackle. He missed on any no of big plays that made a huge difference. Troy does too, but he does so much else so it doesn't matter as much. Will Allen is a definite upgrade there. And as far as ST goes how could they get any worse? :crossfingers: Another reason is Ben. When he gets back, I think he plays lights out. I also think our o line is better than last year. The only rookie I see making a huge impact is Pouncey so the rookies aren't really the main reason I am optimistic. Would like to see Sanders, Brown, and Butler contribute but that's hard to say. And bottom line I guess I'm just a fan who may be overly optimistic but it's better than being bummed out all the time. :imho: