PDA

View Full Version : Bens suspension reduced to 4 games.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-03-2010, 12:18 PM
http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/24306902 (http://HHS)

SteelCityKid5
09-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Adam_Schefter (Twitter) (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter)
As everyone expected all along, Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger's suspension reduced from six to four games.

Good news

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Just got the text from KDKA; Goodell reduced the suspension to 4 games. That puts Ben back on the field for 10/17 Cleveland game at home. That's right after the bye week, which is good because it'll give Ben 2 weeks to practice with the team before he plays again.

TampaSteelGirl
09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Dont trust a freaking Twitter tweet!! I wanna see an official link...4 games is ridiculous!

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Hearing reports that Lefty will be out week 1 and Dixon will start

--- Added 9/3/2010 at 10:27 AM ---

Dont trust a freaking Twitter tweet!! I wanna see an official link...4 games is ridiculous!ESPN reporting too

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2010, 12:27 PM
If Schefter and KDKA are reporting it you can pretty much take it to the bank. I still think 4 games is ridiculous, the whole suspension is ridiculous. Having said that, atleast it got reduced alittle bit. If we were to be without Ben for 6 weeks it could have been catastrophic.

TampaSteelGirl
09-03-2010, 12:29 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a3eb23/article/big-bens-suspension-cut-to-four-games-set-to-play-oct-17-vs-browns?module=breaking_news

Pre crap!!!!

Root4Stlrs
09-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Dont trust a freaking Twitter tweet!! I wanna see an official link...4 games is ridiculous!
You are so right about that. Originally I thought he would be suspended 4 and possibly reduced to 2. I was absolutely shocked when I first heard the news. And everything that has occurred since then makes it even more shocking. Six with reduction to 4 is absurd because it is so out of line with what has happened to so many other players. Vince Young and Shawn Rogers = 0?? And there are others I can't remember. I just saw where some unknown Bengals (? I think) receiver was suspended one game for something he'd been arrested for.

Big T
09-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Hearing reports that Lefty will be out week 1 and Dixon will start

he'll be out a lot longer than just week 1. He's got an MCL tear. He wont see the field this season. Unless Ben gets hurt or something late in the season. He may be put in IR.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-03-2010, 12:43 PM
NFL network just said it's 4 games which sucks, the Commish wants the Rats to atleast have one chance to beat us:cursin: Hey Commish:bigfinger::bigfinger: and we still are gonna win the Superbowl this year:tt02:

TampaSteelGirl
09-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Oh yea John Harbaugh probably begged Goodell to keep him out for the Ravens game this year.....fine...we can do this without Ben..our guys will be even more determined to win.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Yes. I believe we can beat Baltimore, and that's really the only game through the first four weeks that I'm not sure about.

Dee Mca
09-03-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm happy that Ben will only sit out 4. However, I still think that is 4 to many.
Looking like Batch will make the team now as well Tribune Live is reporting Leftwhich tore the MCL.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_697830.html

SteelCityKid5
09-03-2010, 01:00 PM

I'ts from Adam Schefter who is a reliable source. If you don't think so then you really don't know football. The guy is insane with up to the minute info.

Steel Trap86
09-03-2010, 01:23 PM
as expected...

i sure hope dixon is ready to go because we can't afford a 1-3 start we have to go 2-2. ben will have 2 weeks to prep and what better opponent to play then the browns @ home his first game back.

--- Added 9/3/2010 at 11:23 AM ---

I'ts from Adam Schefter who is a reliable source. If you don't think so then you really don't know football. The guy is insane with up to the minute info.

:plus1: that guys blackberry alone gets more action then grand central station lol

StlersGuy
09-03-2010, 01:23 PM
I still think 4 games is too much... It really should be 1 or 2 if not none.

igor0190
09-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Goodell is a tool and also a Rats fan:cursin:

Lunchbucket
09-03-2010, 01:38 PM
this stinks,the media blew this out of context,many have done far worse and recieved less punishment. He was not even charged with anything!

nuclearchihuahuas
09-03-2010, 02:31 PM
The report I read said "after consultation with the Rooneys" the commish reduced the sentence to four. They are the ones driving this bus...talk about being let down by your leadership. This is the first time I have been truly disappointed in any decision the Rooney family has made. It makes me sick.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Let's not forget, the Rooney's were very upset at Ben for this whole incident. They stood by him, worked with him, and didn't listen to all the idiot media and band wagon fans who said to release him. That being said, it would have been nice to get less than 4 games but realistically had they pushed the issue Goodell could have pushed that 2x4 that's up his ***, even further and kept it at 6.

Im no more happy about it than anybody else but atleast after 4 games we will still have a shot as long as we can stay in the hunt.

SteelDad
09-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Anyone think that the fact he's a Steeler and tied to the Rooneys contributed to a longer suspension? I've wondered if that hasn't worked against us because of the close ties to the League office. 'Make an example out of a Steeler and then THAT will really get the attention of the other players...'

Compared to the other criminal acts that have occured in the last 12 months in the League, 4 games really is a joke.

TampaSteelGirl
09-03-2010, 03:06 PM
This obviously didn't impact 5 other players in the NFL who violated the so called Conduct policy AFTER Ben's initial 6 game suspension......my point is about fairness. Have the policy and make it fair for all or get rid of it!

Regardless we still will have a good season..the Defense is set with Troy and Smith back and we have amazing talent on offense...this is just a small glitch in the system right now. I'm having a positive attitude toward this year. Between Batch and Dixon I think we will be fine. :yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
09-03-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm hoping Goodell can't count and by 4 he means 0..

SteelDad
09-03-2010, 04:22 PM
This obviously didn't impact 5 other players in the NFL who violated the so called Conduct policy AFTER Ben's initial 6 game suspension......my point is about fairness. Have the policy and make it fair for all or get rid of it!

Regardless we still will have a good season..the Defense is set with Troy and Smith back and we have amazing talent on offense...this is just a small glitch in the system right now. I'm having a positive attitude toward this year. Between Batch and Dixon I think we will be fine. :yellowthumb:

You got it! Let's run the ball and play great defense. I hope BA heard that. RUN THE BALL!!

TampaSteelGirl
09-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Personally I think he wanted to keep strong on the 6 games but I think he fears some crazy nut from the Steeler Nation (not me) will pop a cap in his :moon:......

:OA02:

75Steeler
09-03-2010, 04:59 PM
At least now we know what the deal is and we can move on. I'd still like to know who our starting QB will be for those first four weeks but I don't think they are sold on any one person. Batch looked good last night but he is prone to injuries. It would be cool however for him to start the season with four wins and a strong charge towards the Superbowl before he retires and thinks about coaching.

KSSteelerfan
09-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Maybe Batch depending on how serious the knee injury is to Leftwich.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Well I hope nothing but pain and suffering for Roger Goodell and his family.......This douche is already going to ruin the NFL in 5-10 years and Ben still only getting 4 game is pure bull ****.....

xxxsteelernation
09-03-2010, 07:43 PM
well i kinda agree with the decsion for four game yea it might hurt us might not for this year. but they have to also save face for the suspension in the first place. we have not even reached next offseason yet. who say's ben won't do the same thing next offseason or what not. kinda reminds me of my son when he get's in trouble and i take something away from him he's good until he get's what he wants and then will act up again after he gets it back. sounds like the same senerio with ben. make sure that it is harsh enough so he will will not do it again.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Anyone think that the fact he's a Steeler and tied to the Rooneys contributed to a longer suspension? I've wondered if that hasn't worked against us because of the close ties to the League office. 'Make an example out of a Steeler and then THAT will really get the attention of the other players...'

Compared to the other criminal acts that have occured in the last 12 months in the League, 4 games really is a joke.

I think if he were on any other team working for any other ownership, there would have been no suspension at all.

coldrolled
09-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Fili Moala was arrested for DWI on Friday morning, reports Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star.

he will play all year...

KSSteelerfan
09-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Guaranteed because his name isn't Ben Rothesliberger and he doesn't wear Steeler black:yesnod: and gold!

nuclearchihuahuas
09-05-2010, 12:01 AM
I still say this is all bullsh**! The commish need to employ some continuity with punishment...ya know...justice for all ...there has to be some standardization or else he looks like a fool or a rats fan...oh wait! both are true! I hate Goodell! He should have stood up to the Rooneys and said to be fair based on previous actions the NFL cannot suspend Ben at all or more than 1 game! LOSER!

steelerschick1220
09-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Well, I think everyone knew this was going to be the deal. That being said 4 games is till 2 games 2 much imo.

Roger Goodell, you suck.

Layin the wood
09-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Well, I think everyone knew this was going to be the deal. That being said 4 games is till 2 games 2 much imo.

Roger Goodell, you suck.

I agree 2 games is enough. Everyone can see that BB is trying to make amends and i think that should count for something.