PDA

View Full Version : I Believe Batch Will Start

Iron City South
09-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Tomlin wants "experience" in the postion and I just don't think Tomlin feels comfortable with Dixon at this point ... and that's really too bad.

If Batch is named the starter, Dixon's days in Pittsburgh are numbered. :helmet:

Zachintosh66
09-03-2010, 10:40 AM
If Batch is named the starter, Dixon's days in Pittsburgh are numbered. :helmet:

I totally agree, If Batch is named starter after barely practicing and getting less than about 3 quarters of total play in pre-season, that would tell me there is something wrong (some intagibles) with Dixon that we arent aware of.

DanRooney
09-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Dixon is the starter. At this point he has more experience with this offense. That's why Tomlin was so quick to get him out of there in favor of Batch who played for more than a half. There's no way China Doll starts.

JensK
09-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Well either that, or the coaching staff is just completely lost. There is, imo, two ways to look at it after yesterday:

1. They have, despite a pretty good TC from Dixon, decided that there is no way hell he'll ever start for Steelers after the performance in Denver.

2. They wanted to rest him, to avoid further injuries. They also needed to get batch some playing time as he will be the primary backup now.

Personally i think number two sounds most logical. Pretty much all of TC would have been wasted offensively if they don't go ahead and use Dixon. Sure, Ward and ARE have been taken snaps with Batch before, but thats it. All the rookies and whatnot have been used to take snaps from Dixon and leftwich, and even Hines said that it makes a huge difference for a WR who is in the pocket. It also makes sense that they did not play Dixon more than one drive, as they did not want to risk him getting injured as well. Loosing 3 QBs for at least the first 4 games would be too big of a blow.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Mao no way Batch starts. If he does, he wil probably get hurt. If Dixon starts, I think it will be good for us

SteelDad
09-03-2010, 11:14 AM
I see the thought about Batch starting, but I just can't see it happening. He has not been in any position to be ready to start. DD not starting is going to send a very negative message to the rest of the team.

K Train
09-03-2010, 11:37 AM
both are so limited with the playbook....they HAVE to go with dixons upside, theres no justifying batch at all

coldrolled
09-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Whoever said dixon wasnt going to start?? Byron was 0-4 against the scrubs sunday...

I said he would make it to half time against Atlanta. Well it was against Carolina.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-03-2010, 12:56 PM
both are so limited with the playbook....they HAVE to go with dixons upside, theres no justifying batch at all

:plus1: I dont see how you dont go with Dixon at this point. He has the 1st team reps, he has the support of his teammates and he gives them the best chance to survive 4 games. Those of you that said Lefty wouldnt survive 4 games... imagine Chuck??? He wouldnt make it passed week 2!

This has got to be the uitimate motivator for DD. They basically told him all offseason: "You arent good enough to start!" Now, due to injuries, they are gonna be forced to start him. Not sure how much more you could want to prove EVERYONE wrong!

coldrolled
09-03-2010, 01:08 PM
GO DIXON!

StlersGuy
09-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I am all for Batch over Dixon.. Batch knows are O and is a 16 year vet. I just don't think Dixon is all that and with him I see us going 0-4 or 1-3 with Batch we can go 4-0 or 3-1. I also think the players respond better to Batch then Dixon.

K Train
09-03-2010, 01:22 PM
they will stack the run game and come after batch whos fragile and is less mobile than leftwich.....not what i want to watch

StlersGuy
09-03-2010, 01:24 PM
they will stack the run game and come after batch whos fragile and is less mobile than leftwich.....not what i want to watch

we have to do what we have to do to make it past these next 4 games and if that means we run..run..run then so be it...

Steel Trap86
09-03-2010, 01:35 PM
I disagree, I think Dixon will start week 1 and manage the game well enough to win. I would MUCH rather see him start in the week 4 game against the Ravens over both Leftwich and Batch. We need a mobile QB against Baltimore, a slow and beat up Leftwich isn't going to win us the game and that one is the most important of the 4.

coldrolled
09-03-2010, 01:43 PM
We have one Starting QB, thats Ben.. The others are backups.. Bench Warmers..

The coaches have to make the backups look good and put them in the best position possible to win.. BA and MT are responsible for this to work out well. they need to come up with some real nice game plans and work the plays to make the WRs, RB's, QB's strengths shine so they have the best chace to win.. Ben's scrambling and the no-huddle are gone for 4 weeks...

DanRooney
09-03-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm starting to believe that Steeler fans have no comprehension of the quarterback position.

This applies for those of you who think:
1. Ben is not a top tier quarterback
2. Charlie Batch is still a quality quarterback
3. Charlie Batch will start over Dennis Dixon
4. Dennis Dixon played great against the Ravens in 2009 (had to add that)

K Train
09-03-2010, 02:41 PM
we have to do what we have to do to make it past these next 4 games and if that means we run..run..run then so be it...
oh i know, the steelers success doesnt matter on who plays QB but rather how mendenhall plays....however batch doesnt open things up for mendenhall at all, dixon does....twice the arm and 10x the wheels

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Batch was going to get snaps last night no matter what from what I understand, although the plan wasn't to get him in that early. It's not an indication so much if Dixon will get the job or not, but rather with Lefty down and at the time no indication of how bad it was, they had to make sure that Batch had some significant snaps because the only healthy QB eligible to play besides Charlie, is Dixon. You need to have your 2 main QB's with atleast some type of reps in preseason.

SteelDad
09-03-2010, 02:47 PM
I just can't envision this not being Dixon's gig. Put CB at #2 and help the kid along the same way he works with BR when he comes off the field. DD is going to make mistakes, no doubt about it, but the plays he can make can totally balance that out.

Silverback
09-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I fear we could be in for a long four games....

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-03-2010, 04:17 PM
There are several people speculating that Batch will start and I have no idea why. That would make no sense to me. I know he is more experienced, but Dixon brings way more to the table. Plus, Dixon has gotten more snaps. Teams want to see Batch way more than Dixon. Sure, we are going to manage the game, but eventually the QB is going to have to make sone plays and Dixon is better suited for that IMO.

LatrobePA
09-03-2010, 04:20 PM
The decision to put all his eggs in one basket (BL) could come back to bite Tomlin in the ***!

IMO, DD should of been splitting reps all off season, now with under two weeks until it counts they are in scramble mode!!

Blazedby92
09-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Release Lefty now, 2-4 weeks we won't need him after that plus we have DD and China Doll

coldrolled
09-03-2010, 04:28 PM
I fear we could be in for a long four games....

hopefully not as bad as the 5 in a row we had with ben in 2009...

TampaSteelGirl
09-03-2010, 04:31 PM
I think both QB's will do a good job but for some reason I feel a different energy when Dixon goes out there...I can't put my finger on it but I don't feel nervous when he's there...even with Ben I feel uncomfortably nervous at times...but Dixon I usually don't.

:dunno:

LatrobePA
09-03-2010, 04:33 PM
With the right play calling we can win games with Dixon... All we need are 4 games!

steelersbabex25
09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
I believe you're wrong..

steelcitysfinestXL
09-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I believe you're wrong..

:clap::hilarious:... ME TOO!

coldrolled
09-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Saints Release QB Patrick Ramsey

LatrobePA
09-03-2010, 05:26 PM
:clap::hilarious:... ME TOO!

:tt02::cope::tt02::yellowthumb::greengrin:

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Some people can't acknowledge that Batch should be the starter.Even if they choose Dixon,Batch will be called on in no time at all.The opening game is a must win to set the pace. Batch gets my start,with some dixon mixed in.

LatrobePA
09-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I believe Batch will break his ankle cutting his toenails and be placed on IR before week 1!

xxxsteelernation
09-03-2010, 06:53 PM
everyone is being to hard on dixon, in a preseason game against a good denver defense. Lefty has looked horrible all preseason, Dixon has only one opprotunity to show what he can do against a first team defense. The whole team looked bad on that game. Maybe it was jitters maybe it was altitude or what not. It was not just dixon who choked. Matt spaeth could have actually came to the ball or break up the pick he didn't do that. the other pick was soely on the reciver cause he stopped his route after the ball was already in the air. the reciver ran the wrong route. and the offense look horrible that game so did the D. With that said that is just one game. Would you really want someone who has looked horrible all preseason except for one TD pass to mike wallace in the giants game. That was it. Dixon gets the ball into the endzone alot more than lefty or batch has this preseason. Yea he had a bad game, it takes more than just him to make play's recivers got to run the routes that are called and they also have to catch the ball when it was thrown at them. Remember when ben first took over the starting job. It was parker and bettis who ran the offense with some playaction from ben to relieve the jam in the middle it took a couple years for him to be more accurate than he is now. And i'm not even going to say that he is that accurate. yea he has an arm but in the past couple seasons when he goes deep it's usually way over the recivers head. Ben had his learning curves and threw tons of picks when he first started out and with time he started to learn to read defenses better. (remember arians does not tend to create plays that keep the players healthy. I'm surprised that ward is still around as much as he get's popped on most of his catches. We will be fine dixon just needs to get a productive drive to start the game and he will be off and running. If arians plays to dixons strengthts and not hinder him to arians atari offense then I see us putting up 30 + points one everyone except for the ravens. ... and I really hope if tomlin see's arians not being productive with the playcalling. arians gets fired afther the falcons game. Then bring in an OC who can design plays that work instead of relying on the D to bail him out.

DanRooney
09-03-2010, 07:04 PM
everyone is being to hard on dixon, in a preseason game against a good denver defense. Lefty has looked horrible all preseason, Dixon has only one opprotunity to show what he can do against a first team defense. The whole team looked bad on that game. Maybe it was jitters maybe it was altitude or what not. It was not just dixon who choked. Matt spaeth could have actually came to the ball or break up the pick he didn't do that. the other pick was soely on the reciver cause he stopped his route after the ball was already in the air. the reciver ran the wrong route. and the offense look horrible that game so did the D. With that said that is just one game. Would you really want someone who has looked horrible all preseason except for one TD pass to mike wallace in the giants game. That was it. Dixon gets the ball into the endzone alot more than lefty or batch has this preseason. Yea he had a bad game, it takes more than just him to make play's recivers got to run the routes that are called and they also have to catch the ball when it was thrown at them. Remember when ben first took over the starting job. It was parker and bettis who ran the offense with some playaction from ben to relieve the jam in the middle it took a couple years for him to be more accurate than he is now. And i'm not even going to say that he is that accurate. yea he has an arm but in the past couple seasons when he goes deep it's usually way over the recivers head. Ben had his learning curves and threw tons of picks when he first started out and with time he started to learn to read defenses better. (remember arians does not tend to create plays that keep the players healthy. I'm surprised that ward is still around as much as he get's popped on most of his catches. We will be fine dixon just needs to get a productive drive to start the game and he will be off and running. If arians plays to dixons strengthts and not hinder him to arians atari offense then I see us putting up 30 + points one everyone except for the ravens. ... and I really hope if tomlin see's arians not being productive with the playcalling. arians gets fired afther the falcons game. Then bring in an OC who can design plays that work instead of relying on the D to bail him out.

No Dixon just played like vomit in that game. Had nothing to do with anyone else on offense playing bad or the altitude or his new cleats or his stepdad's birthday. I'm tired of hearing excuses for the kid. He's treated like a 6 year old autistic boy amongst Steeler fans.

LatrobePA
09-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Tomlin and crew didn't game plan for HIM...One game, he sucked, lets move on!

It is what it is and he's our starter now, stop the pissing match!

xxxsteelernation
09-03-2010, 07:21 PM
That is bull and you know it the OL was not blocking, everyone was getting popped in the backfield, were not running right routes. I'm not sayin dixon did not do anything wrong but the supporting cast was not there either. That game was terrible from beginning to end.

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-03-2010, 07:28 PM
I called it back in April i think it was,don't be surprised if Batch opens the season as our starter.I'll have to go back and check my posts to make certain.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Honestly batch looked good in the 3rd Preseason game untill he threw that INT but he was playing with 3rd and 4th string players also.IMO he will be ok with the 1st stringers, i like Dixon also, provided that dumb @$$ OC calls plays to Dixon strengths, we will be ok with either QB i'm telling u all we will be 3-1 when Ben returns...:markit:

tburg68
09-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Dixon starts, and hopefully the D plays well enough to be 2-2.

If this happens we have a good chance of making the playoffs,
and then anything can happen.

steelersbabex25
09-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Is everyone just pulling this info out of their asses? We hadn't heard Batch's name so far this season until last night..and that's only because Lefty got hurt and Tomlin didn't want to leave Dixon in the game (I'm assuming.) Don't get me wrong, as a member of steeler nation, I love Charlie just as much as the next guy/girl, but this isn't 2004. Times have changed. Dixon will be the starter.

DanRooney
09-03-2010, 10:43 PM
That is bull and you know it the OL was not blocking, everyone was getting popped in the backfield, were not running right routes. I'm not sayin dixon did not do anything wrong but the supporting cast was not there either. That game was terrible from beginning to end.

What's new? The OL doesn't block for Ben and it doesn't block for Leftwich.

DD just played terrible. Bottom line.

jpele
09-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Charlie batch will start week 1. It has nothing to do with the QB but more with the coaching staff.

Tomlin all but named Lefty the starter without giving Dixon an honest chance, if you compare QB's Leftwich and Batch are are basically the same guy.

Both are immobile, Batch knows the play book inside out, Lefty has the stronger arm.

Dixon can't read a defense to save his life has very little understanding of our offense. If his first option isn't open he has no other choice but to run.

I won't bet the house on it but I have a feeling Mikey goes with Charlie. By the way Batch took two vicious shots the other night and got back to the huddle in fine shape.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-04-2010, 12:26 AM
DIXON WILL START. And what's with everyone saying 2-2 at best??? We play ATL who's been struggling(plus it's the home opener), Tennessee who only has one threat IMO, and Tampa who is Tampa. I see 2-2 at worst, because I believe we can also beat Baltimore, even without Ben

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-04-2010, 12:27 AM
If Batch starts TC was a waste of time. At no point was Batch ever mentioned as potential starter.Could he start,yes it's possible. He would probably do all right, he is basically a QB coach in a uniform for the other guys. He is a experienced veteran who will serve in a pinch,but there are not many 16 year vets playing starting QB

All training camp it was Lefty or Dixon being mentioned as probable starters,and they were the ones splitting the reps in practice. If Batch is the starter then why is Dixon on this team?

DanRooney
09-04-2010, 02:17 AM
I hope Emmanuel and Brown are on the field often if Dixon is out there. It seems like those two have a good connection with him. DD has thrown their way a plethora of times in the preseason and we're going to need their speed as teams are going to stack the box. Those two have to be the hot routes on blitzes. Ward can't get open quick enough and neither can Randle El.

coldrolled
09-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Dixon can't read a defense to save his life has very little understanding of our offense. If his first option isn't open he has no other choice but to run.

the other defenses seem to read our plays almost like music. why cant dixon understand?

i dont see the complexity of our plays. do you watch the packers, colts, pats, saints, giants, miami even. thats a bit more to read...

any way.. get the first down... thats the goal 10 yards. dixon thinks like that.. so run 50 yards a game.. thats 5 first downs..

coldrolled
09-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Oh Well... Dixon is just no good i guess

Report: Veteran QB Batch 'likely' starter against FalconsNFL.com Wire Reports
Published: Sept. 4, 2010 at 09:39 a.m. Updated: Sept. 4, 2010 at 10:25 a.m. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch will likely start the team's season opener Sept. 12 at home against the Atlanta Falcons, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

With Byron Leftwich out two to four weeks with a sprained MCL in his left knee, and Pro Bowler Ben Roethlisberger serving his four-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal-conduct policy, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is leaning toward starting the veteran Batch and using third-year backup quarterback Dennis Dixon in specific game situations.

"You look back, we had three solid guys who were able to go in, step in, if needed," Batch told the Post-Gazette. "Now we're down to two. Over the weekend, they'll determine what's going to happen. Either way, I'll be ready to go.

"I feel good, I really do. Did the reps at training camp happen? No, but we're not in training camp anymore. Right now we're getting ready for Atlanta and we have the weekend and another seven days to get ready for them. At that point, whatever happens, happens. But either way, over this weekend, we'll start the preparation of getting the game plan together. I'll be ready to go either way."

After the Steelers learned the nature of Leftwich's injury, Dixon was taken out of Thursday night's preseason finale against the Carolina Panthers after throwing one pass for a touchdown -- a strong indication, at the time, that he was being protected for the opener. Batch played the final 2 quarters, throwing just four passes.

If Dixon is called on in Batch's place, his recent on-field experience will help. He saw more preseason playing time with the starters than any quarterback except Roethlisberger.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
"Of course, I'll be excited if it does come my way," Dixon told the Post-Gazette. "At the same time, I'm even keel. I never get too high or never get too low."

Batch, a Steelers backup since 2002, owns an extensive knowledge of the playbook and played well while Roethlisberger was injured in 2005 and 2006, going 3-0 as a starter.

However, Batch has thrown just two passes since the final game of the 2007 season. He missed the 2008 season with a broken collarbone that occurred in the first preseason game, then went down with a wrist injury shortly after entering the only game he played last season.

Dixon has started one NFL game, throwing for a touchdown and running for another during a 20-17 overtime loss at Baltimore last season. The former University of Oregon star's running ability gives Pittsburgh's offense an extra dimension, but Tomlin said Dixon still must learn when to stay with a play and when to take off running.

Iron City South
09-04-2010, 01:08 PM
I hate it when I'm right.

Batch is clearly more seasoned and fundimentally stronger than Dixon when it comes to knowing the playbook and reading defenses.

If you stop and think about it, the only thing Charlie isn't ... is more athletic than Dixon.

JollyRob68
09-04-2010, 01:17 PM

BAtch know the playbook better than Ben. Tomlin is worried about Batch being fragile. I good worry to have. However, Starting Batch in the first game will take the pressure off Dixon. Bring Dixon in and if he gets on a roll,let him roll.

I want to see what the kid has and nows the time.
I would also like the Steelers to Pick up Matt Leinart if he's released or even make a trade for him as insurance(adjusting that contract of course). They can send Hartwig & Bailey to the Cardinals. What do you all think?

LatrobePA
09-04-2010, 01:37 PM
I can see it now, load the box force the pass and T off all day...

DanRooney
09-04-2010, 01:43 PM
You've got to be kidding me:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/04/charlie-batch-ill-be-ready-to-go/

Ben Roethlisberger is suspended, Byron Leftwich is injured and Dennis Dixon is inexperienced, and so it appears that Charlie Batch will start at quarterback for the Steelers in Week One.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Batch is the likely starter next Sunday against the Falcons, and Batch says he's ready if called upon.

"You look back, we had three solid guys who were able to go in, step in, if needed," Batch said. "Now we're down to two. Over the weekend, they'll determine what's going to happen. Either way, I'll be ready to go."

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin hasn't said who his starter is, and really, there's no reason for him to: He might as well force the Falcons to game plan both for the immobile Batch and for the threat Dixon provides with his feet. But the indications are that the Falcons would be wise to spend most of their time game planning for Batch.

Loyal PFT readers will recall that in May, Rosenthal and I got together for dinner and placed a bet about the Steelers' quarterback situation, a bet that caused our wives to roll their eyes and wonder why they married men who couldn't engage in pleasant conversation over a good meal without the subject of fourth-string quarterbacks coming up. My money was on Batch, and it looks like I'll win, unless Rosenthal remembers that he insisted on a provision protecting him in the case of a Leftwich injury.

KSSteelerfan
09-04-2010, 02:12 PM
It will be interesting to see.....Confidence is low right now in Batch from my perspective. He has flashes of brilliance at one moment and then the next moment it's any body's guess as to which Charlie Batch is on the field. Case in point the Denver game. I say let the kid start.

Steel Trap86
09-04-2010, 02:13 PM
ya i read about that on NFL.com, it says they're leaning towards using dixon in certain situations during the game, but 'likely' batch will start. I don't believe it though, i think tomlin is building a game plan and f*cking with atlanta. maybe dixon doesn't take the first snap of the game, but he'll be playing.

JollyRob68
09-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Thats their opinion of what they think will happen. Not a report of what will happen.

DanRooney
09-04-2010, 02:35 PM
If Batch starts I will have lost all confidence in Tomlin's decision-making. He already can't control his team.

coldrolled
09-04-2010, 02:43 PM
If Batch starts I will have lost all confidence in Tomlin's decision-making. He already can't control his team.

:plus1:

LatrobePA
09-04-2010, 02:43 PM

Well said...DITTO man!

coldrolled
09-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Steelers West let him loose.. stats look worse than what dixon could do probably...

Cardinals Will Release Matt Leinart
Arizona Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart has been informed that he will be released today, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

The 10th overall pick of the 2006 NFL Draft out of USC, Leinart has started 17 games over the last four seasons, completing 57.1% of his 595 pass attempts for 3,893 yards, with 14 touchdowns and 20 interceptions, compiling a 70.8 passer rating. Most of Leinart's game action occurred during the 2006 and 2007 seasons before giving way to Kurt Warner.

Silverback
09-04-2010, 04:32 PM
It will be interesting to see.....Confidence is low right now in Batch from my perspective. He has flashes of brilliance at one moment and then the next moment it's any body's guess as to which Charlie Batch is on the field. Case in point the Denver game. I say let the kid start.

Not so much a kid anymore, hes 35. You pretty much know what your getting out of him as well.

steelersbabex25
09-04-2010, 07:56 PM
You are kidding me..

Zachintosh66
09-04-2010, 08:19 PM
You pretty much know what your getting out of him as well.

yeah, he sneezes and goes on IR... Whats the over/under for Batch and his survival behind our suspect OL? Lefty didnt even make it to the regular season... and Batch is usually very fragile...

Danger DANJ
09-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Why would they let Batch start? It makes no sense at all. When Lefty went down and they knew his knee was bad, they took Dixon out so he wouldn't get hurt. They threw Batch in there and couldn't care less if he got hurt or not. If Batch was an option, why would they make him hand off the ball almost every play and pass it only 4 times? Ridiculous!

jpele
09-04-2010, 10:25 PM
the other defenses seem to read our plays almost like music. why cant dixon understand?

i dont see the complexity of our plays. do you watch the packers, colts, pats, saints, giants, miami even. thats a bit more to read...

any way.. get the first down... thats the goal 10 yards. dixon thinks like that.. so run 50 yards a game.. thats 5 first downs..

This has nothing to do with talent or the ability to move the chains, it's all about ego. Remember Mike Tomlin is the driving force behind Bruce Arians being employed.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-04-2010, 11:57 PM
I think Charlie will start and Dennis will back up with a little RAE every now and then to throw off defenses...we just have to survive for 4 weeks

Real Deal Steel
09-05-2010, 12:01 AM

I kind of agree with this. If Batch had more snaps, I'd like for batch to start but let's face it, batch hasn't played enough to justify starting and playing at the level we need.

nuclearchihuahuas
09-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Go Charlie or Go Dennis! I don't care just as long as we survive the first 4 games

KSSteelerfan
09-05-2010, 02:45 AM
Not so much a kid anymore, hes 35. You pretty much know what your getting out of him as well.

I apologize...when I was talking about the kid I meant Dennis. I should have been a little more specific. Your right though...Charlie is not exactly a "spring chicken" anymore QB years.

GoBenGo
09-05-2010, 03:03 AM
....or sign lienhart cheap....

...jk...jk...jk..but seriously group...batch coaches dixon thru this..

xxxsteelernation
09-05-2010, 05:35 AM
I will love it when ben comes back and we are 3-1 or even 4-0 with dixon at the helm and all the crow that yinz are going to eat..when dixon comes on and surprises everyone..and all the bandwagon fans for dixon will be jumping back on. Yea he had a bad game. omg Lot's of people have thrown two picks while trying to make a play. against a good team. you can't judge a player on one game. ben looked like crap when he first started, the reasoning behind him managing the team. the only reason he looked so good to us then was becuse maddox was stinking up the place.

LatrobePA
09-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Tomlin took the blame, **** poor play calling and forcing DD to toss the ball around more led to his bad game...

Iron City South
09-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Tomlin took the blame, **** poor play calling and forcing DD to toss the ball around more led to his bad game...

.... and this is EXACTLY why I'm not exactly down with Tomlin yet. I'm getting tired of these rookie excuses that the playcalling sucked, or his time management skills aren't where they need to be as a HC going into his 4th season.

I have Tomlin on a short leash this year, very short. He better up his game. :2cents:

JollyRob68
09-05-2010, 02:36 PM
I have Tomlin on a short leash this year, very short. He better up his game. :2cents:

Come on, Short leash? HE's a Super Bowl winning coach. We will be fine. I want to see what Dennis has to offer but I think Batch will start game one and take the pressure off of Dixon. They'll insert Dixon and let him roll from there. If he's on a roll they'll keep him in and He would Start game 2,3,4.

I'd pick up Leinart for cheap or perhaps Troy Smith. Their really isn't much out there.

Iron City South
09-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Come on, Short leash? HE's a Super Bowl winning coach. We will be fine.

I'd pick up Leinart for cheap or perhaps Troy Smith. Their really isn't much out there.

Are you really a Super Bowl winning coach when you do it 1 year removed from a previous Super Bowl with somebody else's team?

... I don't think so. Which is why I don't recognize Gruden as one.

On another note: Leinart blows monkey nads and Troy Smith is a poor man's version of Dennis Dixon. No thanks to either ... :popcorn:

Real Deal Steel
09-06-2010, 02:49 AM
Whichever QB starts, go in knowing that the Falcons are going to bring the safety down in the box trying to take away the run..daring us to pass.

We need to pass on first down and loosen their defense up. Then come back and establish the run. Showing some offensive balance.

SteelDad
09-06-2010, 11:26 AM
In regards to Tomlin and a short leash, for me it centers on Arians. These first four games w/o BR will tell us exactly what we need to know regarding BA's play-calling. If we are truly going back to running the ball then let's see Tomlin act on it.

KSSteelerfan
09-06-2010, 01:55 PM
In regards to Tomlin and a short leash, for me it centers on Arians. These first four games w/o BR will tell us exactly what we need to know regarding BA's play-calling. If we are truly going back to running the ball then let's see Tomlin act on it.

:yellowthumb::cope: Arians is not the answer to the problems with the Steeler O...he is the problem.